• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Courtesy of a free trial I got from BB's online rental system. I get 3 games/movies in at once. I just beat AC: Brotherhood. Gameplay was mostly the same, and the main story line hardly progressed...but man, the multiplayer is my kinda game.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Speaking of good multiplayer, I hear the new Goldeneye for Wii has a great multiplayer mode and it's even worth buying the game just for that part of it. I kind of want to buy it but I dunno... it may be different in practice but everything I've read about the multiplayer for it just makes it sound similar to CoD and I'm not going back to that.

Do any of you guys have it and think it's worth getting?

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I met a new Ike main. He's really technically skilled, spacing and input wise. Just a little small bad habits from just not playing competitively ever. Hopefully he'll come on the boards.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Speaking of good multiplayer, I hear the new Goldeneye for Wii has a great multiplayer mode and it's even worth buying the game just for that part of it. I kind of want to buy it but I dunno... it may be different in practice but everything I've read about the multiplayer for it just makes it sound similar to CoD and I'm not going back to that.

Do any of you guys have it and think it's worth getting?

:248:
Goldeneye Wii's multiplayer sucks lol. Honestly, it's just a watered down CoD. The game has a lot of glitches, and overall it isn't as grand. Not as many players can play in one game, stages are decent, not great, and the mechanics are like CoD. Also, no point using the wii mote + nunchuk as your method of aiming and moving, because lag is gheeeey.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
locally. He plays really really well. Just doesn't know competitve MUs, he just knows fundamentals so well. I couldn't beat him ._.; (in Ike dittos that is.. he left before I got to do Pika vs Ike)

In a small local tourney.. he got 1st, I got 3rd .-.;

Roller

Smash Legend
Tied for first. ;) hehe

But he ***** pikas, 'cause I'm the only competitive player he's really played up until now. So that is one of the few mus he's not so handicapped in.

But like Ussi said, he is extremely promising, just inexperienced in MUs. For instance, there is no way he could beat a decent mk at this point. Not because of his skill level, but mainly his overall knowledge. However I'll be directing him here shortly, and he seems very willing to learn.

I have some replays of him I could send to Ussi (or somebody else here) to record if he'd be willing, and I know he'd appreciate everybody here's critique and would love any mu/stage advice you could help him out with.

Also, for 3rd, Ussi put in some work. LFs came down to last stock game 5. =o

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
007 For the Wii needs a Classic Controller. The Wiimote version isn't as tight as The Conduit or CoD4, and the GC version is just..."why....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do I need to press two buttons to melee? Why can't I spring and turn at the same time easily? Oh my this is horrible."

•Col•

Smash Champion
007 For the Wii needs a Classic Controller. The Wiimote version isn't as tight as The Conduit or CoD4, and the GC version is just..."why....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do I need to press two buttons to melee? Why can't I spring and turn at the same time easily? Oh my this is horrible."
Shoulda bought the Classic Controller Pro bundle. Not gonna lie.... It's pretty pimp.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I just had the opportunity to go to a smashfest, w/ basically all the players who place high here in paris... but i forgot i had to go to the theater with my mother ._.

I won't get any better tomorrow ._.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
least I don't have to waste constant money on things for them outside of a good wash.
He's right on that point. I mean when I was with friends we ate at Cheesecake Factory we had one bill because splitting it eight ways was too much, and I ended up paying more than what I ordered because it was so confusing. We should have stuck to separate bills or a fast food restaurant.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I dunno.. i don't like brinstar, but Mr. Doom does well on the stage.

Anyone got any ideas how to improve on buffering? It'd be a good addition to the guide.. (and for me x.x i need to do turnaround jab faster)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Only way to improve is to practice, either specific instances through training mode, or just through actual matches. As long as a situation that requires buffering comes up often enough, you'll get the timing down. Training mode helps you memorize the timing, or can help you find visual cues (for instance, helping to buffer after a bthrow), etc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
norfair is fun D: but the hazards do get out of hand :( Stupid lava plumes are what i hate -_- ever other hazard isn't that bad

Top Bottom