• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
old is gold

(its just carpet damage for now.. A bathroom pipe broke.. The sofa looks fine for now. What sucks is we couldn't call anyone since it was christmas)

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
80% of the Ike boards don't even know who you are.
D: truth

I thought about you like once.

I mean, that's about how well I ever knew you.
im touched.

I believe I friended you over at AiB but I rarely visit that place. Only to get the daily cards.
oh

And truth be told, I miss you..
and truth be told, I'm lyiiing~
lol'd

love you too red-x.
well ill be sticking around from now on

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pretty much all of the high tiers for me. Falco, Wario, Diddy, even Marth I don't find so bad, as well as the other high tiers.

If I have to choose 1, probably... Falco.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't think there's really one match-up I excel in past others.

I guess I'll say that of the higher tier characters, I feel most comfortable against Wario. G&W sometimes too if because of silly Zac (though he still beats me).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Out of all the higher tier characters and bad MUs for Ike... I'd say Olimar is my best MU. I just really like that MU for some reason. Sure Olimar can gay Ike to no end on-stage but get him in the air or off-stage and it's a lot of fun trying to read him to keep him from getting grounded again.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
as ike, the one i seem to do best in is olimar or falco. but that may just be deception as i know our best falco despises fighting ike for some reason

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I discovered that it's not official, so didn't bother. It's just a poll made by a random guy who joined the MLG forum 17 days ago. Not even sure how it got so hyped up as being legit.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It wasn't hyped as being legit. Might as well vote anyways =/

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My family eats chitlins on New Years sometimes.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You can't just read the title. There are implications in the first post that it's just to show those at MLG that we are serious about supporting MLG brawl, and the first few responses reinforces the fact that they know it's not official but they're voting anyways to show MLG that Brawl still has support. Obviously nothing's guaranteed but taking a minute to vote is better than doing nothing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I didn't just read the title, I read through the thread and posted in it on page 4, lol. There were people asking for confirmation on whether it was an official poll or not, and others expressed disappointment when I revealed that it wasn't.

Anyways, I may vote eventually but I don't see much point... MLG has taken a stand for the 2011 circuit.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Chitlins is a pork dish.

@Nys
Companies flip-flop more than you see at the beach. It's just what they do. The poll is right on their official forums, so it's not surprising that someone of importance might know about it. I think there's around a 5% chance that this will do anything directly, but it will show a positive effort over all the crap MLG's been trying to put on the community because of the acts of forum trolls/tear-jerk reactions.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Just finished watching an intense Falcons/Saints game....Wow. So glad I'm not rooting for either team in particular, because that was a nailbiter lol.

Also, I have to say that while MLG does bring good opportunities to Brawl, they also pin some dumb stuff on our community when their other highlighted games don't have much better communities.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Just finished watching an intense Falcons/Saints game....Wow. So glad I'm not rooting for either team in particular, because that was a nailbiter lol.
It was an awesome game, I was rooting for the Saints so I'm happy. Brees getting picked off by defensive lineman twice on two consecutive drives was pretty hard to watch though, lol. He's definitely one of my favorite QB's in the league though, he pulled it together for that last drive.

@San, fair enough, I'm not saying the poll won't affect MLG's view of the Brawl community at all, and it certainly can't hurt to show that we support the game. I just think there's been too much damage done for them to change their minds for the next circuit. I suppose it's possible but very unlikely.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
meh, my money is on melee. Brawl brought some much unwanted baggage of lil 12 year olds thinking if they are so good on wifi they can beat the likes of M2K or whatnot in real life.

So voted melee even though chances are next to zilch still

Heartstring

Smash Legend
meh, my money is on melee. Brawl brought some much unwanted baggage of lil 12 year olds thinking if they are so good on wifi they can beat the likes of M2K or whatnot in real life.

So voted melee even though chances are next to zilch still
whyudodis?
tbh, mlg are more after money than good competition to be honest, and if brawl gets them more money then thats okay right?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Haven't touched Brawl competitively in over a year, looking for some casuals, add me if you want.
This will be Light one year from now guys, I called it first.

Anyways, I could friendly you sometime if you want, just let me know when you're available or add my FC and look for me online sometime. I'll be online tomorrow afternoon probably.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Input lag doesn't mean you can't be competitive, it just means the outcome of competition is often skewed compared to offline.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Input lag doesn't mean you can't be competitive, it just means the outcome of competition is often skewed compared to offline.

get told it often enough adn you begin to believe it...

jokes, it can still be a bit competitive as ski.l does generally shine through, its jsut certain characters are better in lag than others (G&W and wolf are particularly good on wifi)

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Smash King is Light in disguise.
Discuss.
lolwut? first i get accused of being ComboKing now im being accused of being Light? madness

Smashkings, isn't there like 10 of em
oh

I think Light was Smash King in disguise for mindgames.

Also, Smash King, I think you're the friend request I let sit for like 6 months cuz I expected a message about it.
:/ that was long ago

What's you guys "best" mu? or the one you know best? mine's gw, tell me yours, I'm curious.
mines is Snake and Falco. every other MU is decent...except MK

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
whyudodis?
tbh, mlg are more after money than good competition to be honest, and if brawl gets them more money then thats okay right?
While money is money, I expect diversity in the MU's, not MK each and every damn round by the random toddlers (stereotypical, but we all know it holds some truth), who would do nothing but spam B and stick smash.

Anywhom I've been taking BO 1v1's a bit more serious than Brawl/Melee recently, getting that 2nd place in a local gamestop 1v1 months ago has me contemplating on doing GB once again.

This will be Light one year from now guys, I called it first.
scruffysecond.pngas

Top Bottom