• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

-RedX-

Smash Lord
PCS->Jab punishes pretty much anything.
I mean, if it can punish a damn streaming hitbox of nado, anything should be punishable with PCS. lol

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Apparently, you get another 7 frames over normal PSing then attacking? I don't know what all of this means.
You know that Oos Jab comes out on frame 10, right? That is 7 frames longer than normal Jab that comes out on frame 3 which is because of the shield drop. With PSC you will cancel the shield drop lag that lasts for 7 frames and immediatly attack with Jab(or another move). Hope I could help.

:250:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You know that Oos Jab comes out on frame 10, right? That is 7 frames longer than normal Jab that comes out on frame 3 which is because of the shield drop. With PSC you will cancel the shield drop lag that lasts for 7 frames and immediatly attack with Jab(or another move). Hope I could help.

:250:
If this is true, in theory, we can stop MK mid-fair and then punish him for the hit if we are frame perfect.

PS Hit 1 -> PSC Jab -> Hits at the same time as MK Fair's 2nd hit -> Both characters get hit due to MK's priority -> Jab right away before MK can use another move.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
It seriously shouldn't trade with my testing on nado. >_>
Although I doubt we can actually PS any of MK's aerials consistently and on reaction.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Only moves that can probably be powershielded consistently are MK's dair, nado, and glide attack because of limited timing where it actually hits where MK spaces correctly. Glide attack can be delayed though, but then it'll be pretty punishable at that point after regular shield.

This doesn't really help against MK as much as other characters due to the range of our jab.

Munzy

Smash Cadet
I dont even understand how you guys can keep all of this stuff in your head. I would like to learn it all from you but you probably all think im a scrub. The only one who can speak for me would be Ussi, so Ussi please help me out XD

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
All of your guessing is right San lol

You can PSC and punish just about every move

and if you don't want to change controls have your springs taken out. My L/R feel like jump buttons w/o them with is really good

Yep, my theorycraft is pretty nice I hope IMO Kadaj

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I set L to jump so I can jump backwards during double jump.

I also set C-stick to attack so I can neutral air or jab by flicking the c-stick in a diagonal motion, so I can time nair better, while holding the control stick. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME.

Optionally, I set Y to something like shield for preference (Y is my throwaway input), and Dpad to other inputs so I can break out of grabs easier.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I can't do that and buffer an aerial very easily, because I'll have to move my thumb from the jump button to the c-stick.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
x.x i still use the Y button for my retreating bairs... its so baaaad

Simply said for controls:

Y or X and R or L are a throwaway button you can change to whatever you want. (I use R with no spring to jump.. but i can't SH consistently with it yet)..

tilt stick allows more moblie nairs without more input pressure, and walk of dairs are a side for more relieved input pressure that doesn't really happen at higher levels.

Smash stick lets you SDI better

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Using X/Y for retreating bair is fine for me lol

Munzy

Smash Cadet
yeah idk why but i still use y to jump. and i switch between the c stick and a button for all aerials again i dont even realize when it happens but it works. l and r for shield (usually r) with springs in the buttons. Its not a good layout, but it somehow works for me

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Regular controls so I can have sucky SDI like Mr. Doom. I know at least someone has witnessed that this bi-weekly. I feel fine with auto canceled retreating bairs. I just jump with the control stick and flick the Cstick opposite for bair, tilting the control stick diagonally if I want to retreat or whatever have you. I also use X to jump, but not usually for retreating bairs. The things I can't do are retreating Nairs and walk off dair spikes. I know the walk off dair is possible with Smashstick, but I haven't gotten that down yet. For retreating nairs, I think it's possible if I input a jump with X/Y and hit A immediately after while tilting the control stick in whatever direction. Fullhop I've managed, not really with a SH. I should probably fix L and Y to something else. Maybe L to grab. I remember how lulzy me and Ussi were getting removing shield buttons. We were grabbing each other out of fairs.

Oh and don't be afraid of not remember stuff. Just start playing with information in mind and it'll come as second nature. I don't even remember the last time I was actually thinking of jab canceling.

Munzy

Smash Cadet
i mean for anything...like i dont know any of the timings for things off of the info in my head, its all just from playing so much. I couldnt tell you how many frames this move is and how many i save by doing option a as opposed to option b, ive gotten so used to how the movements feel that all of the things i do while playing have become second nature.

but maybe this isnt a terrible thing

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I don't think you need to memorize frame data during an actual match. lol
Needed experience of playing the game/character is the most important.
Frame data is only useful for practicing the right things imo.

Munzy

Smash Cadet
I guess that makes sense but ive never known any of it. Not even for practicing. I wonder if it would help?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
frame data is only helpful for finding new things on paper to test in practice. You don't need to know frame data to be good.. I just happen to know most of it off hand cause of how much i've dealt with trying to figure some situations out.

but really... its not too helpful for someone like Ike.. you just need to know if you can jab or not. Everything else just comes along.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, so apparently, I got invited to my previous basketball league (the one I played in the summer) all star game. Since I can't play with my finger, I'll dress up with some swag, old spice, put on some shades indoors and act like I'm the ****.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i have never seen that advert, are all ads like this in america?
old spice ads definitely can't define what normal ads are like in america
apparently old spice ads are directed by tim and eric from the time and eric show
and those guys have basically said in one of their commercials that their show is made for people on drugs

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
tim and eric awesome show great job :D

they directed the "other" old spice commercials with a buff black man. the ones where there's lots of screaming and what not.
and yes, their show makes no sense unless you're on drugs. i enjoy it without drugs though

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks, Jam. That reminds me that I have to text my friend happy birthday in the morning.

Happy Birthday to you too, Jam. Still going to RIT??

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Happy b-day Jam!

Move to Canada so you can do everything you have to wait until you're 21 to do in the States.

Which is basically just drinking, lol.

:248:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That's cool, RIT is a nice place.

Ussi, I see it too.

Top Bottom