• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Aww. We stopped talking about FE when I returned from a trip in Atlantic City? I was gonna talk about how I love PoR and finished that game the most out of the ones I have and how I hate the chapter Princess Minerva in Shadow Dragon with a passion. Guess we'll just continue this over at the library whil this begins to be used for the Bi-Weekly. Since I finally got xat to work I guess I'll drop by and say hi.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
^ lol

Mannn, I get a feeling I'm not going to do too well---but that's a reason why I joined this thing in the first place. I need to strengthen my Ike. :urg:

I've been using him for a long time (August '09, if that's long lmao), got critiqued by Palpi around when I first joined Smashboards, been training ever since... And to think that I didn't even know what Fair, Bair, and Nair was. XDDDD! It's just warming to know I can say I've gotten better since I first joined Smashboards. :p

Max113

Smash Apprentice
thats a decent plan in theory, but you forget that you just go into the chat and play with whoever is free, if youre jsut on the brawl wifi, no-one can communicate with you really

see yalls tomorrow night, btw
I forgot about that. :/

Nevermind then.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
We should play sometime Ikefiend!
:urg: Palpi... I was self-conscious about talking to you after you witnessed my horrible Marth video. I know why it was horrible now, though. It didn't have ANY combos whatsoever and had no skill. It just showed random crap. :ohwell: I was slow when I heard the term 'COMBO' video. :urg:

Besides that, I've taken your training to action during the past months. I'm sure I'm better than before! So we should play again sometime. [: I'd love it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
:urg: Palpi... I was self-conscious about talking to you after you witnessed my horrible Marth video. I know why it was horrible now, though. It didn't have ANY combos whatsoever and had no skill. It just showed random crap. :ohwell: I was slow when I heard the term 'COMBO' video. :urg:

Besides that, I've taken your training to action during the past months. I'm sure I'm better than before! So we should play again sometime. [: I'd love it.
LOL the combo video, everyone in the comments was like 'this person has got to be a troll'. To be totally honest, I did find it entertaining in a backwards sort of way, in that it had quite a few embarrassingly funny parts (one clip where you hit your opponent once and then he zero-death'd you, I was like "lolwut"). I'm looking forward to playing your Ike though to see how you've improved.

:034:

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
YOU'VE SEEN IT TOO? :urg: Aww crap. Looks like I got the reputation of the bad Marth combo vid. T___T That video, I suppose, wasn't meant to be a combo video. Just some random Marth-entertainment vid. D; But uhm, thanks for finding it SORTA entertaining, lol.

Mew... I can't wait to fight your Ike too. [: I'm hoping to learn a lot. I only have issues with thinking fast... (I'm NOT SLOW, I mean think like a super fast player like those pros do... Probably you do it too.)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Mew... I can't wait to fight your Ike too. [: I'm hoping to learn a lot. I only have issues with thinking fast... (I'm NOT SLOW, I mean think like a super fast player like those pros do... Probably you do it too.)
Hmm, well it's not so much about thinking fast as it is about making the right choices and recognizing patterns. So for instance, I don't have to think fast and react if I've noticed that my opponent air-dodges a lot, instead I can do something to bait the air dodge and then be ready to punish it. Things like spacing your moves require more careful precision than quick thinking. Being fast definitely helps, but IMO it's not the most important thing... I'm not very fast at reacting myself, lol.

Plus if you mean the style of playing Ike that's fast, it's more that it gives the appearance of speed. Ike isn't a very fast character, but through using the right attacks like Nair/Jabs as well as proper use of QD and fast-falling, you can make him seem faster.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Ahhh, I get it. Another thing I have issues with, is that no matter how much I beat it into my head, I can barely short hop while engaged in battle. For example, I'd short hop a billion times successfully in the Wifi waiting room and when I get into battle, I barely do it. I even made a little tactic that to make me remember better to TAP the 'C' button (yeah I use the Wiimote + Nunchuk control) rather than hold it for a split second.

I guess that's more in my own mind that I need to keep practicing... :urg: You'll see that when we fight, though. :p

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ahhh, I get it. Another thing I have issues with, is that no matter how much I beat it into my head, I can barely short hop while engaged in battle. For example, I'd short hop a billion times successfully in the Wifi waiting room and when I get into battle, I barely do it. I even made a little tactic that to make me remember better to TAP the 'C' button (yeah I use the Wiimote + Nunchuk control) rather than hold it for a split second.

I guess that's more in my own mind that I need to keep practicing... :urg: You'll see that when we fight, though. :p
Lol, yah not much advice to give there, I guess just keep practicing. It took me a long time to get rolling out of my head, since I'd spent over a year rolling away on impulse every chance I got. I ended up getting rid of the habit by forcing myself to think JAB all the time, so every opportunity I got while I was thinking that, I jabbed instead of rolled. Now my habit is to Jab but I've also gotten better at recognizing when I'm getting repetitive.

Hmm, I'd maybe have a bit of advice for you if you used the GC controller, but I'm not sure how an auto-canceled Bair would work on a Wiimote. What I was gonna say is just that doing auto-canceled Bairs a lot is a good way to get short-hopping into your head in a sort of subliminal way because you'll see Ike doing it a lot in battle. ACd Bairs are almost never a bad idea in battle anyways, so it's a good place to start.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think most of us considered that video to be trollin, so we kinda took the humor in it. Since I know now it wasn't, I can say confidently it was a ******** video.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Lol, yah not much advice to give there, I guess just keep practicing. It took me a long time to get rolling out of my head, since I'd spent over a year rolling away on impulse every chance I got. I ended up getting rid of the habit by forcing myself to think JAB all the time, so every opportunity I got while I was thinking that, I jabbed instead of rolled. Now my habit is to Jab but I've also gotten better at recognizing when I'm getting repetitive.

Hmm, I'd maybe have a bit of advice for you if you used the GC controller, but I'm not sure how an auto-canceled Bair would work on a Wiimote. What I was gonna say is just that doing auto-canceled Bairs a lot is a good way to get short-hopping into your head in a sort of subliminal way because you'll see Ike doing it a lot in battle. ACd Bairs are almost never a bad idea in battle anyways, so it's a good place to start.

Yeahhh, I jab a lot, too. I don't think I adopted the tactic anywhere, just found it helpful... 'Cause most of the Basic Brawlers I fight online... They run right into it. .__. But these are Ikes I'm going to be facing. They all know his moves pretty well. :p I've only been using him for... (If I exclude the months I decided to main as Zelda/Marth).... July, August... November... April, May, and June. Six months. (That took me a while to backtrack lol).

Aiee. I do have a GC controller, it just... How do I say it? SUCKS. I've been urging to borrow my friend's classic controller, but too bad I won't be in town to get it, lmao. I'll consider buying one the next time I set foot in a Gamestop. ;)

EDIT:

I think most of us considered that video to be trollin, so we kinda took the humor in it. Since I know now it wasn't, I can say confidently it was a ******** video.
T___T Don't remind me... I found the entire thing harsh. I was all like "yay! awesome Marth video!" and then I get flamed because I failed to realize what a combo video actually was. :<

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, I can give you some advise right now: Don't do anything I do when we face each other in the tournament. I'm a terrible Ike when it comes to actually playing, particularly over wifi.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Well, I can give you some advise right now: Don't do anything I do when we face each other in the tournament. I'm a terrible Ike when it comes to actually playing, particularly over wifi.
Lol, fantastic advice. :p

But... I won't really know until I actually verse you. Dx

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Link to video? I could use some humor. /bad day in general.
You shouldn't have bad days, or if you do you should suck it up. You're the most rugged of us all, it's in your sig.

Anyways I'd link you but I forget where the thread is. I don't know if IkeFiend would appreciate all of us here watching it before the tourney tomorrow anyways, lol.

Aiee. I do have a GC controller, it just... How do I say it? SUCKS. I've been urging to borrow my friend's classic controller, but too bad I won't be in town to get it, lmao. I'll consider buying one the next time I set foot in a Gamestop. ;)
Yah I have 5 GC controllers and they all have something wrong with them. I just keep rotating them and they all seem to get better if they're unused for a few months. Definitely get a new one if you can though, the c-stick is a central tool to playing well IMO.

Also, what can we call you? Like, other than IkeFiend? It doesn't sound right. Just calling you Ike would be weird, and I was gonna say just Fiend but that sounds even worse, lmao. People call me a lot of things, Nysyarc, Nyke, Ny, New York Shark...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
On wifi, I'm the type of guy who will end up using QD when under the stage because I messed up the input. Or I'll keep using Fsmash instead of Ftilt. Or Jab -> Dtilt.

EDIT:
You shouldn't have bad days, or if you do you should suck it up. You're the most rugged of us all, it's in your sig.
I managed to make about 20+ people angry with me when I wasn't trying to. >_>

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
On wifi, I'm the type of guy who will end up using QD when under the stage because I messed up the input.
Dude, I did that in a tourney match. Granted, it was pools but it was the most embarrassing thing ever.

Well actually, I'd say it's tied with that time I used Aether when I was super high up and to the right of Smashville. My opponent and I just sort of looked at each other as Ike plummeted downward.

"I told you my tech skill was bad."
"Yes, yes you did."

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
As long as we're all telling, my stupidest move that I can remember recently was to use QD while standing on one of the side platforms that retract on Frigate. It was both of our last stocks and the guy I was fighting was recovering right in front of me. I'm not sure if I meant to QD at the time, but it happened, and I hit him, popping him up nicely above the stage and forcing me to watch helplessly as the platform dragged me off the screen during the horrible ending lag.

We had a good chuckle about it, even though it was a tournament match. I won the set in the end anyways IIRC.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
being experienced with the wiimote&nunchuk, i can say that if youre c button is jump, then tapping it and immediately pressing back&A will do a SHBair. you can try setting all the direction buttons of the wiimote to their respective smash attacks too. that way ull only have to press one of the directional buttons to do the respective aerial attack.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace

Anyways I'd link you but I forget where the thread is. I don't know if IkeFiend would appreciate all of us here watching it before the tourney tomorrow anyways, lol.
I wouldn't... I don't even like the fact that we're bringing it back up. (And the other fact that people still won't get over it. COUGHCOUGHBOREONECOUGH. :ohwell:)

Yah I have 5 GC controllers and they all have something wrong with them. I just keep rotating them and they all seem to get better if they're unused for a few months. Definitely get a new one if you can though, the c-stick is a central tool to playing well IMO.

Also, what can we call you? Like, other than IkeFiend? It doesn't sound right. Just calling you Ike would be weird, and I was gonna say just Fiend but that sounds even worse, lmao. People call me a lot of things, Nysyarc, Nyke, Ny, New York Shark...

Lol @ the GC controllers XDD.

Someone called me Ike before and I felt weird, lmao. And I agree, Fiend isn't good either. You can call me Cristina. It's what everyone else on other online things call me. Just PLEASE don't mispell it. :urg:

On wifi, I'm the type of guy who will end up using QD when under the stage because I messed up the input. Or I'll keep using Fsmash instead of Ftilt. Or Jab -> Dtilt.

EDIT: I managed to make about 20+ people angry with me when I wasn't trying to. >_>
Lol @ the QD. My brother does that occasionally and he's better than me. WELL... He beats me all the time for some reason, but I'm better when versing other people.

And a little sidenote... Please don't watch the video. I feel bad enough---again---already. I can't stand being flamed.

EDIT:

being experienced with the wiimote&nunchuk, i can say that if youre c button is jump, then tapping it and immediately pressing back&A will do a SHBair. you can try setting all the direction buttons of the wiimote to their respective smash attacks too. that way ull only have to press one of the directional buttons to do the respective aerial attack.
Thanks... I'll practice that. (I'm basic brawling atm.)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Someone called me Ike before and I felt weird, lmao. And I agree, Fiend isn't good either. You can call me Cristina. It's what everyone else on other online things call me. Just PLEASE don't mispell it. :urg:
I dunno why but I'd feel weird calling you by your irl name on here. One guy on the boards here (Zensei, he probably name-searches so he'll find this, lmao) calls me Cray, which is short for Craysyn, which is my name
(which is how I got Nysyarc)
. I've never met him irl, and I don't mind him calling me that at all, I'd just feel weird doing that myself if I don't know the person irl.

I'll bet you'll all start calling me Cray now, lol. Except Bored, New York Shark is a keeper.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I dunno why but I'd feel weird calling you by your irl name on here. One guy on the boards here (Zensei, he probably name-searches so he'll find this, lmao) calls me Cray, which is short for Craysyn, which is my name
(which is how I got Nysyarc)
. I've never met him irl, and I don't mind him calling me that at all, I'd just feel weird doing that myself if I don't know the person irl.

I'll bet you'll all start calling me Cray now, lol. Except Bored, New York Shark is a keeper.

There's no other name people call me by. :/ Unless you randomly decide to come up a name for me. (LOL?) But you can give it a shot if ya want. :urg: And yeppp. I'll start calling you that. Reminds me of Cray Fish. LOL

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
There's no other name people call me by. :/ Unless you randomly decide to come up a name for me. (LOL?) But you can give it a shot if ya want. :urg: And yeppp. I'll start calling you that. Reminds me of Cray Fish. LOL
LMFAO, oh god, my brother's best friend (and also one of my close friends) called me Crayfish all last summer. He's like the only other person to think of that.

I'll probably get used to calling you Cristina after a few times, and I definitely won't make up a name for you, that would be even weirder, lol. Everybody else calling you Cristina and I'm just like "what up Margery?"

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
LMFAO, oh god, my brother's best friend (and also one of my close friends) called me Crayfish all last summer. He's like the only other person to think of that.

I'll probably get used to calling you Cristina after a few times, and I definitely won't make up a name for you, that would be even weirder, lol. Everybody else calling you Cristina and I'm just like "what up Margery?"

Wow, coincidence much?

And uh... Another coincidence...
That's my mom's name, but spelled differently.
Lmao. :urg: And yeahhh, I'm just used to everyone online (and offline) calling me that. Not to mention on one of the forums I was an administrator of (vBullitein) all staff was required to use their rl first names as their username.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wow, coincidence much?

And uh... Another coincidence...
That's my mom's name, but spelled differently.
Lmao. :urg: And yeahhh, I'm just used to everyone online (and offline) calling me that. Not to mention on one of the forums I was an administrator of (vBullitein) all staff was required to use their rl first names as their username.
Okay, what? LOL, that's my aunt's first name (but she uses her middle name as her first name) and I just threw it out there cause I figured nobody else was likely to know a Margery. I just realized it's like 2:30 am here, and I need sleep. I don't sleep though. Generally.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Okay, what? LOL, that's my aunt's first name (but she uses her middle name as her first name) and I just threw it out there cause I figured nobody else was likely to know a Margery. I just realized it's like 2:30 am here, and I need sleep. I don't sleep though. Generally.

LOL! And where I live, the time's not that different. 1:22. Lmao, we both need our rest for the epicness to come tomorrow. [:

EDIT: So I'mma go sleep. I trust you are too, rofl. XD G'night! Can't wait 'til tomorrow anyhow.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Cristina, you certainly like making your gender very clear, lol. *points at signature*

Could I get some friendlies in with you guys tomorrow? I can't make the biweekly but I'd still like to play a bit.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah I'm gonna try, lmao. It's gonna be fun, especially if we get a nice turn-out. And I can't wait for Brawl Soccer after the tourney too, gotta get home early so I can get the codes set up for that.

Anyways I'm out, see ya tomorrow.

global-wolf said:
Could I get some friendlies in with you guys tomorrow? I can't make the biweekly but I'd still like to play a bit.
Edit: Definitely, anyone is welcome to stop by the Xat and I'm sure a lot of people will be able to friendly you between sets.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Cristina, you certainly like making your gender very clear, lol. *points at signature*
That was because of all the people who flamed me about my video kept referring to me as a guy. And when I pointed out I was a girl, I got flamed by sexism, so now I'm yelling it loud and proud.

Enough of that....Referring back to those days... I was even looking at posts I made when I first came to Smashboads. I got flamed by people here in this thread. Not to mention I found Cray insulting my username. I gotta forget about the past. I was ignorant and didn't know a thing about competitive playing... Now, I'm different. A lot different.

Good night.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't understand why we all refer to each other with our tag names. One thing I like about the smash scene in Austin is that we all call each other by our real names. Lame as it sounds, I feel it makes us feel more of a community rather than calling each other "New York Shark", "Bored" etc.

Mr. Doom can keep his name though.

Cristina, I just hold grudges until I die. That's how I roll. I'm still mad at Penta even though he already paid me back.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lol, everyone calls me by my first name. Including you, Craysyn. Not weird.

ALSO, I must regretfully inform you that I cannot participate--- again. But I'll be wasting my time in the xat.

Sorry. Just... stuff happened and more stuff happened and then I got sick and then had to call two people for important personal reasons and.... I couldn't stop by home to steal a Wiimote before heading back to my apartment tonight.

Edit:
Mustafa. I always feel like I should call you by your first name, but "Bored" is always the first thing to come out because that's the only way I knew you for so long, lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, everyone calls me by my first name. Including you, Craysyn. Not weird.
Yah I was thinking of that at the time, lol. I forget how that started but I guess when I first met you I found Brett was easier than Brettster to type out and figured it was your real name anyways. It just clicked.

Hey and don't worry about it, stuff comes up; there'll always be more of these. It'll still be a lot of fun if you can hang out in the Xat for awhile.

theeboredone said:
I don't understand why we all refer to each other with our tag names. One thing I like about the smash scene in Austin is that we all call each other by our real names.
That's the same as our smash community up here. It's to the point where it almost seems weird to use our tags in the PRs and on uploaded vids and stuff, cause we only ever use our real names at events. I think it's better cause it shows we're not just gaming buddies who happen to be at the same convention every few weeks, we're actually all friends.

Top Bottom