• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I honestly enjoyed the GBA Fire Emblems(Sacred Stones is trash though) much more than PoR/RD. Attack animations were too "real" in PoR/RD.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hated the realism it was trying to make. Pieces moving like a chess board is already unreal. Cool animations like aether please :D

I hated the support system in RD but loved the practically of it. They took out back story and added enriched game play. Though specific supports made that an advantage to other characters. (like Guy and his amazing crit bonus supports)

My favorite support is FE7 Wil/Barte x anyone

I also like Dart x Farina :D they are my favorite couple and have the best couple ending IMO

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I never played Sacred Stones before. I don't really know why... I should try it out sometime. And Radiant Dawn was my personal favorite. When I played it on Normal, my gameplay time said 78 hours. I still haven't beaten my second playthrough yet, actually.

I just got on Dragonica Online and there was an archer around me named iShinon. XDD!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
FE8 was terrible. Dead easy, boring monsters, boring story, and they took ideas from the most hated FE ever (FE2, with the split promotions) The only thing I liked was that Big Bad was actually evil for once. Not "misguided" or "confused".

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Because Zephiel, Nergal, Ashnard and Ashera were such misguided and confused individuals.

Well, Zephiel and Nergal weren't the final final bosses, but they were the effective big bads.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I liked Ashera. If my creations kept fighting with each other when they promised not to, I'd wipe them out and make more perfect ones too. :urg:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Freakin FE fanboys (and girl) talking about a lame game. It's all about HALO LIKE ZOMG MASTER CHIEF WTF MAN!

Edit: I can envision Master Chief owning Ike.

-Ike jabs Master Chief-

"Lost the lead"

-Master Chief hits him back-

"Gained the lead"

-Master Chief owns Ike with awesomeness-

"Killing Spree!"

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Wow, I'm related to Bored and Ussi here; related to Bored by religion and to ussi by country.
To put it simply, I'm a muslim from India.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you knew Kashmir, you'd know majority of them there are Muslim as well which includes me as well.

What the heck is it with Ike attracting muslims LOL

About FE8, I LOVE the split promotions, I HATE how you can finish the game with like level 5 promoted units hell you could probably do a pre-promoted run only and still win easily.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

About FE8, I LOVE the split promotions, I HATE how you can finish the game with like level 5 promoted units hell you could probably do a pre-promoted run only and still win easily.
That has been done.

Several times over.

On Hard Mode.

There has been basically every solo/dual combination under the sun possible that counts as one of those two completed on Hard Mode. Ironically enough, I find duals easier in most FEs then using a full party. They get so powerful so quickly it makes most levels a breeze.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
People were saying how easy Radiant Dawn is, but I don't see that, given how many times I game over'd in Part I, I, and IV. And I kept restarting the game since I didn't want anyone to die. But then Titania died on the bridge chapter and I just let it go, since it was inevitable for her to die on my battle save.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Radiant Dawn in brutal for the first few chapters, and then begins to drop in difficulty. By the time you get the GMs, it's basically a cake walk. But the DB parts are just...painful. Hard Mode in RD is just stupid. They remove your ability to see the enemy's movement, and the weapon triangle IIRC.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Radiant dawn still isn't easy with GM just after doing DB and Ellincia's segment, you are much more alert for mistakes when GM has more leeway

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Elincia's segment's final chapter is the easiest thing ever.

Elincia is waaaaay too good for that stage in the game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There are archers there and the thunder mages are a bane to Haar.. on hard mode...

on normal, Haar can just fly all over the place and destory

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I forget most of the characters on the GBA FEs, since I played most of them near launch..

Anyways, I'm kinda lazy atm so idk if i'll be in the biweekly this weekend. If there's still time to sign up, sign me up please, just in case -_-

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
There are archers there and the thunder mages are a bane to Haar.. on hard mode...

on normal, Haar can just fly all over the place and destory
No, on normal I sent out Haar and all these thunder mages came out of nowhere, along with a bunch of random archers and generals. I had a lot of trouble, 'cause I kept getting my people into places where they died.

Throughout the entire game, though, I always battle-saved every two turns.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Arrows don't do bonus damage to Wyvrens in FE10 dude. And normal mode and hard mode have no difference in stats/number of enemies. /slightly late

theeboredone

Smash Legend
New York Shark, you should send a PM tonight or tomorrow letting everyone know that the event is this Sunday. I haven't seen some people post here in a while who participated last time.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There are less thunder mages in normal mode, meaning take one hit then one shot it the next turn and heal up
No, I'm fairly sure that I read somewhere that the only difference is no enemy movement available, and no weapons triangle...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No, I'm fairly sure that I read somewhere that the only difference is no enemy movement available, and no weapons triangle...
they turn off battle saves in hard mode, this prevents me from farming perfect level ups (i abused that to hell and back on normal)

And you gain 1/2 exp and 1/2 BEXP and BEXP used is 2x (meaning basically BEXP is 1/4)

The enemy may not be stronger but you are weaker...

They took out weapon triangle so you couldn't send a sword user to demolish a group of axe users and can't send a lance user to have a 100% hit on a sword user.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
New York Shark, you should send a PM tonight or tomorrow letting everyone know that the event is this Sunday. I haven't seen some people post here in a while who participated last time.
Yah, I think when I send the reminder PM tomorrow evening I'll send it to everyone who signed up last time even if they didn't confirm. And holy crap you guys have been doing a lot of FE discussion. I don't really mind but I've never played the series myself so I feel left out. :( I want to play it some day, but I don't even think I can purchase any of it locally around here.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Make sure JavaScript is also turned on in your browser. Be sure you got the right Flash plug-in for browser.

If you're using Wiinet...then I dunno.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Wiinet fails at life. You don't have any computers Max? Wiinet won't work for a round-robin, it would take waaay too long to have to keep switching.

Couldn't have said it better. And yeah, with all the people participating, it would take centuries to actually call it a day. :p

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Wiinet fails at life. You don't have any computers Max? Wiinet won't work for a round-robin, it would take waaay too long to have to keep switching.

Man, you guys are good at guessing, cause no, I don't have a computer... :p

Couldn't I just add everyone, then have the person I'm against just join me? (It would be nice if someone would tell me who I'm against and when it's over...) If it's too much trouble then just forget it. :/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Man, you guys are good at guessing, cause no, I don't have a computer... :p

Couldn't I just add everyone, then have the person I'm against just join me? (It would be nice if someone would tell me who I'm against and when it's over...) If it's too much trouble then just forget it. :/
thats a decent plan in theory, but you forget that you just go into the chat and play with whoever is free, if youre jsut on the brawl wifi, no-one can communicate with you really

see yalls tomorrow night, btw

Top Bottom