• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
shame, would have been interesting to have seen that sdi in action.

this jsut in, me and ussi now have one hell of a rivalary going, all 3 of our games this evening were last stock, VERY high percentage, ending on norfair had great lulz

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I missed a lot of wifi action because I didn't get enough sleep the nights before due to Phase 10.

pinoymk

Smash Rookie
Too bad we didn't get to do any brawl soccer matches though. Too hectic according to some1 and we were unprepared. Fun tourney though gg every1!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
the brawl soccer spirit was made Brett quit in the middle of the first game and decided to punish us all

I'll be uploading two more vids of wifi Ike action!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just didn't feel like coming. Was kinda tired lol. I might be gone for next one too if I leave by plane before then.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
pretty sure brawl soccer started in bbrawl ..

Unless you're saying we were playing B+ while on the wifi waiting room? Which is untrue. No brawl gameplay modifications at all

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Niddo I thought i saved out match on norfair but unfortunately that was a different match i had... did you save it? You can send me the replay file..

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, I've been in the Xat for almost 12 hours. I blame Brett, Cristina and Bored for me barely getting any of the stats done tonight, lol. Great games and fun times all around today (yesterday) everyone. We should start doing shout-outs after these things, but I'm too tired for that now. I'll have the stats all done and the PRs updated tomorrow. Yours are done already Ussi.

*Lumbers off to bed*

:034:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll be uploading two more vids of wifi Ike action!
is there any of me vs. you? they were all amazing games.
just you wait, ill win the set next time.
as for shout outs, its a little harder to do them when people arent in person, but sure i suppose.

ussi: as if i havent already told the entire boards of how much fun i had on our games, but i must say again, me vs. you on norfair was beyond fun, it made me re-remember how wifi can be fun XP

pinoy: a grand total of 5 lag sd's i had against you, i wonder how i managed to win our set XD

nysyarc: for the love of god stop walkoff dair-ing me, it makes me cry so much.

iofsauron: fix your connection, we dont want continuous disconnections, particualrly when i was quite simply destroying in our game TT_TT

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sharkie- You were my first victim for using the Wifi waiting room as a CP

G.P- Those matches were so intense XD Man your come back on norfair made it all better

Niddo- Wow o_o your true nature as worst Ike alive has come forth

Light- I blame EC vs WC lag T_T.... game 1 went well enough

Iofs- Your rematch didn't go as planned

San- Your Laziness had a Pikachu Main do the best this time

RedX- Pfft who used the disc to play brawl?

Bored- Looks like Norfair works better for me than RC

Brett- Look at all my wifi wins!

Pinoy- Dunno what it is with me losing to randoms o_O (As in people who aren't regulars on the boards)

Foodies- I never felt so in control! 2nd Match on Brinstar was lolol when i followed you to the blastzone just to spike you XD

Cristina- Look its a girl! *insert manly phrase to catch girl's attention*

Mr. Doom- You missed out on some major fun that happened you could have come late and still have fun with after tourney activities, doubles was soo funny

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Darn it... I should've joined. It was like 8:30PM (CDT) when I finally woke up. Were you guys still messing around on Wifi at that time?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea we were, so much doubles fun XD

We couldn't get brawl soccer to work cause i was the only one with the wifi waiting room and 1/4 chance wasn't cutting it.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Niddo - LOL first person I fought and the only win I got. XD Though, you beat me in those friendlies, when it came to the real thing I won... :lick:

Iofsauron - Sadly with my memory, I don't recall anything specific in our battles... But I'm sure I enjoyed them! :confused:

GP - GP is my friend's initials LMAO. Anyways, graar! After spelling my name wrong multiple times, I was determined to beat you, but I failed, just as I did to everyone else. :chuckle:

Ussi - Lmao, "let's play on the Wifi Waiting Room!" "Uhhh... Okay..." "You're not being forced" xD...! But yeah, good games. It was fun. :laugh:

Foodies - I swear I had you at one point in time and all of a sudden your fighting style changed as if you were holding back that entire time. :urg:

Pinoy - MAN! That was some close battles--- Besides the fact that when I got to my second stock I would just fail completely. I still can't get over that d/c. I was doing so well! :ohwell:

Brett - Was it you who kept countering my basic combo with that bair? D; MAN I'm so vulnerable to that.... Nice teams! With all that miracle work that PS... :p

Light - Owned me so easily... You owned a lot of people, though, so... No worries for me! I think. I liked the friendlies though~ XD Sorry for being a bad partner. :psycho:

Cray - Now that memorable time was when we did the same exact moves at the same exact time. I wish I could've saved that replay. It was awesome. And fun friendlies too! :bee:

SORRY for all the faces. I wanted a different one for each person. ;D

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Heh, yeah, that was me. Never finish a jab combo on the back of another Ike's shield unless you're on a slant below him.

Shoutouts are for wusses.

Wait, I have a shoutout.

Cristina: I'm waiting for my sammich.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Heh, yeah, that was me. Never finish a jab combo on the back of another Ike's shield unless you're on a slant below him.

Shoutouts are for wusses.

Wait, I have a shoutout.

Cristina: I'm waiting for my sammich.
Even though you said that, you are a wuss, according to you. Lololwut? XD And thanks for the tip. x_x But believe this: You will never treat me like a housepet! NO SAMMICH FOR YOU.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo- Wow o_o your true nature as worst Ike alive has come forth
WHEEEEEE, JUMP OFF THE LEDGE AND LET NORFAIR KILL YOU BY MOVING A PLATFORM TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE SAFETY CAPSULE! THATS HOW YOU WIN NIDDO!

Unsurprisingly, I didn't win a single match, and only one game.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Even though you said that, you are a wuss, according to you. Lololwut? XD And thanks for the tip. x_x But believe this: You will never treat me like a housepet! NO SAMMICH FOR YOU.
ooh, logic slap aimed at brett.
also about the sammiches...
CHRISTINA! make me one please

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Nyke - I almost won that first match! Darn your good DI. 2nd match 3-stocked...I don't even know what happened there xD. Thanks for organizing this tourney!

Ussi - Lol wifi waiting room...and ouch. I'll (hopefully) give you better matches next time.

GP - Don't remember much except I started off winning and basically SD'd trying to kill you offstage. It went downhill from there lol. You should also consider getting a wig for your cosplay so you don't have to dye your hair every time (saves money in the long run). :p

Niddo - I didn't play because you had to do...yard work? Pah. Jks completely understandable. I came late because I had to eat lunch with my family.

Light - Quick draw? Yeah, okay. Quick draw working? Multiple times? What. You definitely have a different style, haha.

Iofsauron - Norfairrrrr ._. I need to play more on non-neutral stages.

Bored - First game was close. Then I guess you turned up the awesomeness (is that possible?) and I got owned by fsmash.

Brett - Lol footstool. Don't remember much else except we used the same Ike color. Original ftw!

Pinoy - Close matches! The few friendlies we had were fun too.

Cristina - Don't worry, I wasn't holding back at all, and the matches were pretty close!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@christina: its intentional, fun to annoy youz.

@foodies: thanks for teh advice, but wigs annoy me, and temporary hair dye really dosent cost all that much

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, all the stats and the PRs have been updated, which little symbols indicating changes in the PR:

^# = Moved up
v# = Moved down
~ = No change
+ = New to PR

Now, before you all start flaming me for putting myself in first, I'll have you know my system involves no bias whatsoever towards anyone, including myself. Ussi and I are tied for the most total wins, but I have a higher win % and significantly fewer match losses. I couldn't use our sets vs each other as reference because I beat him 2-1 and he beat me 2-1.

Obviously anything can happen at the next bi-weekly, and the amount of changes this time around shows how much of a factor attendance can be. It made a huge difference this time because anyone who participated in one but not the other basically played half the sets of everyone who was in both; as the season goes on, attendance will factor less and less.

Now time to shoot some oots:

Ussi - I fav'd the vids you uploaded, lol. Great games and a lot of fun in friendlies afterwards, nice Pikachu too!

G.P - It seems like our first match is always really close and then I just carry over the momentum to the second one if I win. Really fun to play you though.

Niddo - Yard work is for... people who like to take care of their yard. Yah, I went there. What are you gonna do about it?

Light - Lmaaaooo so many good times in friendlies. You're an awesome partner in pirating; we won the first one and best 2/3... 3/5 is for losers :bee:. Great srs set too, I can't decide which was my closest set between you, Ussi and Brett.

Iofsauron - Lol Norfair; great matches, definitely work on Frigate though, I think it's a great Ike stage in many match-ups once you get used to it.

Bored - *Eats a cooked beaver tail drenched in maple syrup*

Brett - Intense matches as always; I will beat you next time! Friendlies with you are always the highlight of my time spent on WiFi. Remember to turn your food on if your room gets too hot. ;)

pinoymk - Lol, I forget how many different ways I SDd against you, but I'm not gonna blame it all on lag, you definitely have a pretty good Ike going on.

Foodies - My first match on FD (my least favorite stage) in like, months, and I get a 3 stock, lol. Good games though, they were definitely fun.

Cristina - LOL people spelling your name wrong so much even though that was your only request. Great games, and friendlies/xat afterwards were a lot of fun! I was sooo tired by the end of it, lol.

:034:

Top Bottom