• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea you're right. Gonna edit that right now.

Also, I would like to say that we like to give everyone at least one "bye" week where they can take the weekend off. It can be used if you can't make it for other reasons, so that's why I encourage to attend if you can. I know San hasn't dropped despite missing two, and the same with Brett, but it had more to do with how everyone else played out. In any case, there can be a lot of changes in the PR next week. For example, Ussi had a bad weekly, and if he continues the trend on the next one, he can drop possibly to 7 or 8th depending on how everyone else plays. There are a lot of you who are close to getting in the top 8 and I encourage everyone to show up and do their best.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
My win/loss ratio got worse. I disappointed myself. I hoped to at least stay consistent with the 2:3 (I think) ratio I had before. Last Bi-Weekly huh? Here's to hoping I get that 2:3 back.

@HollowCore: I still lol at our match. Never again shall I try QD during any transformation.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
A friend of mine and I recently tried it and it works. I noticed a significant decrease in input lag.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
feel free to, next one is August 8th 3pm, sign ups haven't been started yet though, Sharkie has been lazy and didn't change the thread title

Speaking of which, can i ask the biweekly not the following weekend, that's when Apex is and i'm gonna be there and i'm sure San will be there and RedX better show his face there too D:<...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know I'll be in Austin moving my furniture in, so I won't be there to see what goes down. But I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've attended all the bi-weeklies? I might not have stayed through the whole thing, but I did manage to squeeze in minimum 5 sets. In any case, this is what i meant by saving your bye week for outside events. I don't know if we should reschedule this, because I think it's unfair to those who already make time to show up.

So assuming San, Red-X, You, and Me are not there next week and we reschedule for the following week...should we reschedule if the likes of DTK, Hollow, Brett, and NYS can't show up?

And random note, the last thing I want to do is brawling while fasting. If Ramadan starts 11th or 12th, then I don't want to worry about brawling in one more bi-weekly and then the bracket.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Red-X too poor. He hasn't won any tournies since...well okay he's never won a tourny. Go get a job Red. I know you've always wanted to work at Big Red. Maybe you want to work at Taco Bell and make those Red Volcanic Tacos? I dunno.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah I just remembered that it's Apex weekend too, and our group from NS can no longer go for many complicated reasons. I guess we can postpone and make it a tri-weekly just this once, because I'm sure a lot of people will be watching livestreams or updates all weekend and the last thing everybody will want is more Brawl, let alone online Ike dittos, immediately after watching/participating in a major tournament event.

:034:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ayiii... i hate brawling when i'm hungry.. i'm so predictable then

Yea i'm probably gonna skip the biweeky during Ramadan :x

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Money isn't really the problem, I have enough in my wallet right now but I don't want to use it yet. lol
It's just that Apex being a multi-day event, I'll probably be able to attend for only 1 day due to parents. -.-

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I convinced my parents with an A in orgo chem, try to do the same or something like that, good grades = willing parents

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, I stopped paying attention to live streams and commentary a long time ago. Watching laggy matches and hearing sometimes annoying commentators pisses me off. I'm fine waiting over the weekend.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm going to visit relatives in Canada on August 7th, so I won't be at the next Bi-weeky. Or the one after that. No more free points for you all. :mad088:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I convinced my parents with an A in orgo chem, try to do the same or something like that, good grades = willing parents
I already did that just to get a new Wii because the other broke. Hopefully I can at least attend one day, even if I'm not participating in the tourneys. Maybe I can get some friendlies whenever possible. I seriously wanna see everyone playing in action. And possibly make others lose the game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
next one is August 8th 3pm, sign ups haven't been started yet though, Sharkie has been lazy and didn't change the thread title
^What time zone?
Well, aren't you lucky?

We (well, Nysyarc) host(s) biweeklies every Sunday. There is a topic complete with a xat link.

If you go there during the biweekly you will have no shortage of people to play with, even if you aren't doing Ike dittos.
Since I don't main Ike I can't join. Can I pick up friendlies using other characters? I want to play experienced Ikes and learn the MU; I have very little Ike experience.
Friend code: 2921 8779 7000
My tag's Rizen, and names are Arizen, Rizen, and ... on SWFs, Aib, and xat chat respectively. Call me Rizen.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actually many people are not gonna be here August8th, i'm sensing a reschedule.

If you wanna play an experiened Ike i doubt all of us would say no. I don't mind playing, but you live in CO zone and my internet isn't the best.. Ayii ah well, if you see me online on SWF message if you want to play.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Looks like it will be on the 15th. Fun. Also Nys, if for whatever reason you are in a huge delay getting the records updated, at least give one of us the Excel file or post it on the PR discussion so we can at least finish that up. I'm thinking of starting the 8 man bracket thing soon after the bi-weekly. Personally, I want to get it done before the 21st, because that's when I officially move into Austin. Not gonna have a TV from the get go, and not sure how the internet will be there.

Also, I think we should all take Mr. Doom's link seriously and change our DNS to the according numbers. I have yet to test it, but I've heard good things about it. It won't be recommended to play in the bi-weekly, but it should be emphasized. It's not that hard to do.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't care whether you're playing around or if you're serious, but I really don't appreciate it when my intelligence or lack thereof is insulted.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
^He wasn't convinced the first time that was posted :p Here's another guide to helping lag if anyone is interested though: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=45703

So the 15th? I don't have plans then, hopefully I'll be able to make it.
Dawei is and always will be a god to those less tech savvy for that guide.
Anyways I just enabled DMZ to the Wii's Mac address. Seems to do more than enough with the past bi-weeklys.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The DNS thing, logistically, cannot improve the connection. The fact that people say it did is a bit puzzling but I'm willing to chalk it up to the placebo effect.

I recommend you all do what I did and get a LAN adapter for the Wii. This might be anecdotal evidence but I did notice a significant improvement after I installed it.

Case in point: People on AiB used less "you only won because it's online" johns!
..although this one guy went on a tirade in my users comment area saying that calling me bad would be an understatement and the only way I won is that I exploited the lag that the connection provided.

I try and I try but it's still pretty disappointing when you get a users comment saying that calling me bad would be an understatement.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That's why I don't play ladder, for the couple of days you have to spend in the 0-1700 range where everyone has laggy connections and poor attitudes. After like 1400 matches are at least a little more enjoyable lol.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
That's why I don't play ladder, for the couple of days you have to spend in the 0-1700 range where everyone has laggy connections and poor attitudes. After like 1400 matches are at least a little more enjoyable lol.
This pretty much sums it up.... only once in a blue moon would you find those not so scrubby/icandoanythingandsaywhatevercauseitswifi types, but once in a blue moon is indeed once in a blue moon.

Then again, I look to where I am... then look back to when I was in El Paso....... and cry at how I have to deal with those online types as the only means to get my comp fix

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I just can't get into ladders too much or AIB it just doesn't feel as relaxing as being in SWF but idk im just a weird guy >_>

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Well maybe because games aren't for fun anymore obv..

*Points to first verse in the first pokemon theme song*

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Well maybe because games aren't for fun anymore obv..

*Points to first verse in the first pokemon theme song*
If they want to be the very best. Then they need to stop with the bloody B spam.... its more worse than what I see in terms of Noel's Drive spam or dare I say Nu players from in the ol CT days.... and that is not a pretty sight to see

Counter pick with snake, wario, or even marth is lingering closer and closer each time I play a 500point or so MK player, who does nothing but B spam <_<

Top Bottom