• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...****, I wish I was there. Apparently I couldn't do much because my mom ended up taking my laptop into custody (meaning she just took it away) almost right after I posted that message and then she worked me as a slave. T___T

There goes my chance of getting into the PRs and refusing sammiches...
you have more time...

well i dunno what the rankings are this time but i think i did decent, despite my serious hatred of wifi in this day and age TT_TT

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I believe we'll be doing one more bi-weekly and then we're off to the 8 man tourny.
oh snap really? i'd best try to squeeze in there then, i think i could make it if it tried a little more...
wifi jsut doesnt hold the inerest for long, playing in a really different way to how i like to paly is so **** ahrd

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Seeeeeeeeeee.... Considering my best chance at getting in there is swamped, I haven't a single chance at getting in. :3 Not that I wanted to get in there in the first place, though... But ahh, I had fun while it lasted. :) There's no way I can get super-awesome-epically good by the time of the next biweekly.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry I wasn't around all day guys, I just got home but I'm exhausted so I really don't feel like inputting all the stats right now... I need sleep and then I'll do it tomorrow. I have nothing going on at all tomorrow basically, so it will get done and then we can start the new PR discussions. And yah I think we'll do one more all Ike bi-weekly before attempting this inter-board thing.
Mainly because I don't want to have missed out on the last Ike ditto bi-weekly ;-;

:034:

XxHollowCorexX

Smash Apprentice
Ah, another Bi-Weekly, huh?
Guess I can make up for the first time I missed this then. :]
But guys, let's all just have fun even if we make it or not on the PR.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah though fingers crossed on me being in, i think its quite close around the bottom of the ranking list

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, he has to put the records up for us to see, then the PR group has to discuss it. So at best, we should be able to get it out by tonight/morning for you.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sorry I wasn't around all day guys, I just got home but I'm exhausted so I really don't feel like inputting all the stats right now... I need sleep and then I'll do it tomorrow. I have nothing going on at all tomorrow basically, so it will get done and then we can start the new PR discussions.

True post that isn't true.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
still no update...
ah well i can wait, in the meantime, am i the only one who really cannot stand wifi?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Not enough to not play it, though sometimes I wonder if I get worse by playing it. It throws off Marth's spacing/DB timing a lot...which is why I usually play as Ike on wifi.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wifi tends to anoy the hell out of me because even though i know ive gotten tons better recently, but as soon as i go on wifi i go back to my real old self a.k.a: rolling everywhere

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So I played WiFi during the weekday. I buffered 3 f-airs to my death on one game. That was so ridiculous.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, I just use two different styles of play in comparison to offline and online. I can't play fast and smooth online, so I stick to being really defensive minded, and just learning to read my opponent more. Then I use my offensive game offline, while trying to read my opponent at the same time. I actually struggle online against characters like Diddy who like to move around a lot and attack rapidly. It's tough to be defensive against them, but not impossible.

Playing offensive while reading is a bit tougher than being defensive while reading. Honestly though, I should use both methods offline depending on my opponent.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think offensive play with traps is with mix ups of defense now and then is the way to go really.

That or defensive play with mix ups of offensive.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm just giving an overall explanation. Granted, it's very difficult to play defensive against Falco or Fox without taking laser damage, while it can be easy against Wario or DDD.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I do whatever gives me more amusement.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why else would I possibly second jigglypuff and pikachu?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
meh, i should learn to be a bit more defensive for wifi, but its jsut so much more fun to be offensive.

ally has already stated that the europeans are super agressive brawlers, and i'm considered really agressive in comparison to other over here, sooo...
its probably the same reason i'm pretty poor at reading people, but i admit it is easier to do on wifi due to people having limited options

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
New York Shark fails once again.
Hey now, I haven't failed before for these, lol.

Anyways, sorry guys, just got back from more out of town work, this time I didn't have much warning and couldn't bring my laptop. I really hate my new job >_>

I'll update stats right now.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hm, according to those stats, I have a 50-50 chance of winning a set against Ussi, but a slightly worse than 1 in 7 overall.

That's what you get for telling me to step it up: I only do so against you Ussi! :mad088:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay guys, here's the new PR.

1. San (If he misses one more week, he's gonna drop. Till then, too good)
2. RedX (Only lost one set last weekly, and was overall best player there)
3. Bored (Lost to Hollow, but beat Red-X)
4. Nysyarc (Inactive)
5. Ussi (Lost to Niddo and DTK, but beat Hollow and took one game off of Red)
6. Brett (Inactive)
7. HollowCore (Beat me, but lost to Ussi, Red, and DTK)
8. DTK (Newcomer that beat Hollow and Ussi)

Honorable mentions: GP and Foodies

Next weekend is the last bi-weekly, so there will be a lot of spots on the line. I advise everyone to do their best to show up and stay through the whole thing so we can have the best PR discussion possible in deciding the 8 spots.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Actually Brett didn't drop; the only change from last bi-weekly's PR is DTK replacing Foodies for 8th spot. We need more people to come out next week to stir some **** up, this PR change was pretty boring, lol. Of course I guess after a certain number of weeks it won't change as much as in the beginning.

Top Bottom