• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HYPE! 3-MWW Championship-(ft. darkrain, darkatma, Dope, Jace, Kels, Strong Bad, Vro, Calabrel, MJG)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
At least double elimination

Possible/probable pools depending on entries/setup ratios

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wisconsin will be bringing three cars, who can provide housing.
what in the **** sanchaz? who all from WI is coming? we're essentially full at the moment and i'm scrambling to find housing for chicago, i might need to shift some people around and make a hotel in the area the "official" hotel
Any % works for me, I'm just most comfortable with X through X4, Megaman 7, and Megaman and Forte. I agree on hating to fight Bospider, and I'd rather Hadouken it, but then again, it's pretty boring having to go through Armored Armadillo 5 times to get it. I'll be uploading any % runs to my channel in the near future, once I get myself a new component cable (So sound doesn't come out of one side of my speakers). Aside from that, I can accept any X game and practice to get up to speed and do well. Sadly, I'm not as proficient in the original MM games as I am in the X games.
are you actually coming?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
MRM let me play MM5 a bunch and see how I feel about it. Might be down to fight you in that.

MegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobman

Oracle

Smash Master
xeven is probably not coming. Don't count on texas unless some last minute miracle happens (not likely)

Dopey

Smash Lord
Lol anyone else notice on the map were right next to south park? ; P

ONE WEEK FOLKS GET EXCITED!@#!!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If there is $102 from MO, then the pot bonus would round out to be $156

And I'm 100% serious Rob, I'm going to hold your venue fee discount until after the tournament. If I see you taking a setup to run Megaman, I hope you win that $10 MM to cover your venue fee if it's your setup you're personally bringing. If it's someone elses for the tournament, I'm going to shut it down before you can finish the game. So you can hold that salt.
I mean, the bathroom is a lawless region not under your jurisdiction. Maybe I'm a homeless man who needs to defecate safely inside of a university poopshoot. If I don't shave and I wear ****ty clothes I could pull it off.

Any % works for me, I'm just most comfortable with X through X4, Megaman 7, and Megaman and Forte. I agree on hating to fight Bospider, and I'd rather Hadouken it, but then again, it's pretty boring having to go through Armored Armadillo 5 times to get it. I'll be uploading any % runs to my channel in the near future, once I get myself a new component cable (So sound doesn't come out of one side of my speakers). Aside from that, I can accept any X game and practice to get up to speed and do well. Sadly, I'm not as proficient in the original MM games as I am in the X games.
Mega Man 7 doesn't really exist.

MRM let me play MM5 a bunch and see how I feel about it. Might be down to fight you in that.

MegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobmanMegarobman
mm5? Hell yeah. I am not impressed by the actual WR in that game in the least. Do you know if anyone has figured out the falling physics in starmans level yet? If you don't know, sometimes when you get hit you fast fall and others the super jump physics slows down your fall speed. The fastest way to finish that level is to slide across the spike pit and get hit by those rising rocket enemies and fall fast to the bottom, and repeat, it's about a 3 second decrease in time if the game allows you to fast fall. Also people don't know how good charge slide is.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I can house 1 more crew in addition to springfield. Online rock paper scissors between chicago and wisconsin?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
springfield might be cancelin, dunno. i'm working on providing housing for chicago. i'll post up tomorrow on the status on that.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I mean, the bathroom is a lawless region not under your jurisdiction. Maybe I'm a homeless man who needs to defecate safely inside of a university poopshoot. If I don't shave and I wear ****ty clothes I could pull it off.

mm5? Hell yeah. I am not impressed by the actual WR in that game in the least. Do you know if anyone has figured out the falling physics in starmans level yet? If you don't know, sometimes when you get hit you fast fall and others the super jump physics slows down your fall speed. The fastest way to finish that level is to slide across the spike pit and get hit by those rising rocket enemies and fall fast to the bottom, and repeat, it's about a 3 second decrease in time if the game allows you to fast fall. Also people don't know how good charge slide is.

Oh god I'm already in over my head.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Springfield is going again (including me), however we are going up the day of so we won't need housing. Hopefully this helps with the OOS people.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I haven't played Brawl in quite a long time, but if anyone thinks it would be fun to team with a very rusty low-tier player then I'll add to the doubles pot.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Count me confirmed for now, for Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Project: M Singles, Melee Singles.
I'll be bringing a Wii with Brawl and P:M 2.5b.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^glad to hear you're coming dude. Any chance of snsg carpooling with you guys? I think that guy's luigi would surprise a lot of melee players

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I don't think SNSG will be able to come, but I might as well bug him and see if he can. At the moment the CO carpool is looking like me, Fishbait, Rubio, and Skullkid.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
STL seems to be bringing two cars.

I want lots of PM friendlies!

darf nate

Smash Cadet
ive been practicing a ****load with my cpt. falcon to play as for this tournament. I'd say im like 80% as good as i am with samus so far. 4 more days to practice then ill pwn everyone thats not a fox.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Would anyone like to team for Melee? I've been playing it a ton again recently and I enjoy teams a lot. I play Fox.

I teamed with Darkatma at the last melee tournament I went to and we got 1st. Those are my only credentials LOL.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Would anyone like to team for Melee? I've been playing it a ton again recently and I enjoy teams a lot. I play Fox.

I teamed with Darkatma at the last melee tournament I went to and we got 1st. Those are my only credentials LOL.
You are a great teammate... But dude a toaster coulda teamed with Atma and got 1st lol

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yooooo If anyone still needs a teammate for Melee or Brawl I'm looking for one.
I play Peach/Samus in Melee and G&W/DK in Brawl.

DeLux

Brawl Update: So based on the setup count at right around 8-

-We'll start Doubles at 1:30
- With estimated attendance between 32-40, singles will consist of 3 parts:
1. Bracket pools. We'll either do 8 pools with top 2 getting out or 4 Pools with Top 3 or 4 getting out depending on how the math works out best. The top 4 or 8 players from circuit standings in attendance will be seeded into bracket and will not play pools
2. Amateur Bracket- Double Elim for the players that don't make it out of bracket pools
3. Pro Bracket - Double Elim for the top 16 or 24
-We'll start a wave of singles bracket pools around 4:00pm with Doubles concluding around 5pm
-Amateur Bracket will start at 7:15 staggered into the Bracket Pools
-Pro Bracket should start between 7:45-8pm
-Pro Bracket will be concluded by 11:30pm.

Depending on if you are in wave 1 or 2 of pools will determine your break. If you are in Wave 1 of pools, you'll have a break during wave 2 of bracket pools. If you are in wave 2 of bracket pools, you'll have a break to get food during wave 1. Helpful hint, most of you will be in wave 2. If you are in pro bracket, you will also have a small break in between pools and bracket.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282

Fox + Pikachu?

Dopey

Smash Lord
Top 3 or 4 out always seemed good bigger bracket always better more hype :)

DeLux

Actually Dopey:

Top 2 out of 8 bracket pools is 16 people
Top 3 or 4 out of 4 bracket pools is 12 or 16 people

Just sort of depends if we have less than 32 or more than 32 non-circuit seeded players on which one we'll do

This doesn't apply to Melee/PM, but having convos with SB it's looking like those events will be heading in a similar direction

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I found a teammate right after I posted that sorry terral.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I found a teammate right after I posted that sorry terral.
Perhaps we will team some day in the future when neither of us have a teammate and you don't feel like getting very far in the bracket.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Should be recorded. We really don't have the time for a stream.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
So does anyone know if it's gonna be possible to enter singles for melee and brawl or will i have to pick one or the other.... and from delux's post above does that mean i should show up a little before 4 if i wanna do singles only?

Top Bottom