• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HYPE! 3-MWW Championship-(ft. darkrain, darkatma, Dope, Jace, Kels, Strong Bad, Vro, Calabrel, MJG)

Dopey

Smash Lord
The only dope son. OG #1 bird from the MW yayuhhz!!

I'm a salesman so I travel for work, somehow I ended up in south dakota haha and I'm jonesinnn for some smash loll

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hype 3 is on track

Everything is cleared and I started a sign up list for equipment and housing!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm bringing 3 wiis for PM and 3 cubes for melee, delux.

Bring a TV $7 Discount - must be nonlaggy CRT 16"+, color and sound, etc.
Bring a system + game $3 Discount

mmmmm discounts ;)

DeLux

I already have your systems set up in the signup list. Let me know if I guessed right!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
inb4 Can I have some of standardtoasters discounts via osmosis? I mean he is bringing enough discounts set ups for a bunch of people.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's up to DeLux but my initial reaction is that additional setup venue fee waiving can only be distributed within a carpool because of extreme cases like ST's.

DeLux

If I were StandardToaster, I would sell my discounts ;)

DeLux

There will be an update to the Pot Bonus for the Brawl portion of the tournament after the final MWW Circuit Event on June 15 in Colorado

Dopey

Smash Lord
awwww my step sister is graduating military training on the 5th or 6th of june out that way =( i coulda got a free ride doohhhhh! i still plan on goin tho...who wants to team with a OG bird(melee) top notch wario(brawl) or da bestestest dedede(PM) ????

Dopey

Smash Lord
so is MCI in kansas city the nearest commercial airport to this place? cause i seen its like 46 miles away from lawrence...i didnt kno if anyone was drivin from there?

DeLux

If you post your flight ahead of time, I can coordinate with a bunch of people to figure out transportation. Worst case scenario you might have to wait at the airport a couple hours, but you won't be left there for sure!

Dopey

Smash Lord
Kk thx delux. Ya ill prolly be comin in on friday evening n headin out monday afternoonish i might grab a hotel if there isn't ne housing left. Ill PM ya the details once I book meh flight ♥

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Here are the rulesets for PM and Melee. My laptop is currently in repair so I won't be able to respond to people really, but they're not really subject to change. Only thing that might is adding a couple more stages to the PM Doubles CP list.

[collapse=Project M Ruleset]
Project M (Singles and Teams)

Singles Stage List

Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • WarioWare
Counterpick:
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Stage Bans
Each player gets 1 stage ban, declared each time they win a game in the tournament set.

Doubles Stage List

Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • WarioWare
Counterpick:
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Norfair
  • Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Stage Bans
Each team gets 1 stage ban, declared each time they win a game in the tournament set.

General Rules
  • All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Input Assist set to OFF.
  • Pause turned OFF. In the event of a pause, the offender forfeits their current stock.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Standard DSR*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
General Knowledge

Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:
  1. Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
  2. Venue and Entry Fees
  3. Arriving On Time
  4. Maintaining Personal Hygiene
  5. Controllers and Character Knowledge
  6. Minimizing Whining
***Term Definitions***
  • Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
  • Standard DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to a stage they have won on.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter list until there is one stage remaining.
    Players strike stages in this order: Player 1, Player 2, Player 2, Player 1.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Ruleset]
Super Smash Brothers: Melee (Singles and Teams)

Singles Stage List

Starters:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

Doubles Stage List

Starters:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
There are no Counterpick stages.
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each team gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

General Rules
  • Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Standard DSR*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
General Knowledge

Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:

1. Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
  2. Venue and Entry Fees
  3. Arriving On Time
  4. Maintaining Personal Hygiene
  5. Controllers and Character Knowledge
  6. Minimizing Whining
***Term Definitions***
  • Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
  • Standard DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to a stage they have won on.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter list until there is one stage remaining.
    Players strike stages in this order: Player 1, Player 2, Player 2, Player 1.
[/collapse]

DeLux

I went ahead and update the rules into the post!

let's start coordinating some more equipment. RIght now Standard Toaster and I are back packing the tournament.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
i see you have one projector listed. if you want i can bring one. sb told me the venue doesn't have internet and if someone wants to stream they'd have to tether their phone :[

DeLux

Allisbrawl Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14223

Yea, the venue that I normally use with the godlike internet has restricted hours during the summer, and I didn't have $1000 to drop up front on the venue lol
If someone wants to make a stream happen via tether internet, they should talk some cost estimates with me because I have some budgeted funds to compensate them

Another projector shouldn't be necessary because I don't have a screen for it. Although it couldn't hurt to bring if you have space since yours is probably better than mine, but there's no guarantee I'd use it :p

darf nate

Smash Cadet
Yo guys, i be thinkin im gonna git all up in dis if i can git off work. I gotta drive down all tha way from lincoln though cause I gots dem finger-lickin' chickens wit tha siz-auce. Do playas probably play a funky-ass bunch of playalies?, cause im thankin im probably gonna git eliminated first or second round n' i don't wanna drive 8 minutes ta play 2 matches

DeLux

Which events are you entering? I can't specifically guarantee a number of games, but for Brawl (and I imagine for Melee/PM) there will be plans for pools and bracket for singles.

As the tournament winds down if we're on schedule, I will open up setups for free play as well. However, this requires people to be on the ball as far as reporting to matches and players signing up to bring in equipment!

G

genkaku

Anyone from olathe going?
used to live there, might be nice to visit anyway.

DeLux

lol which game are you talking about?

Top Bottom