• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HYPE! 3-MWW Championship-(ft. darkrain, darkatma, Dope, Jace, Kels, Strong Bad, Vro, Calabrel, MJG)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
its looking like PM might hit 35+. over 50ish between melee and pm probably

Rat

Smash Lord
Uh, can anyone offer our car some housing for friday night and sat night?

That car's looking like:
Vro, Oro?!, Tink (maybe), and I

darf nate

Smash Cadet
even though i suck with everyone but samus im planning on playing as falcon for this tourney because im too tired of playing samus finally lol

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Uh, can anyone offer our car some housing for friday night and sat night?

That car's looking like:
Vro, Oro?!, Tink (maybe), and I
Hey Rat. If there was some crazy way that you could pick me up in Chicago (probably on the west side), would you be willing to take me with you? My work schedule is crazy but I'm probably going to still be in Chicago at that time. I'll probably have a rent-a-car so I can go where it's convenient for you to meet me, but it would be mad sick if I could hitch a ride.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Anybody near the venue wanna house a few Springfield dudes the night before? There'll likely be 5-7 of us.

EDIT: We are probably going to be bringing 2 setups for melee plus a recording setup.

I can house you guys in olathe both nights if you want

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
weeeeee need housing moreeeee....chicago coming farrrrrr....also, rat, i think james(dope) is already trying to go in our car...

atmaaaa, ditch jaceee for meee....i dont think kellys coming =(((.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Ugh, I will see if I can drive to this... If I'm driving, I can take you down Tako.

That way car 1-
Tink/Vro/Dope/Rat/(Kels???)
Car 2=
Oro/Scythe/Tako/IwillfindsomeoneMAYBEKIRK

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
ya i think kelly really wants to go....that might work out great....but man, chicago would be rolling DEEP....crew battles in both games and we be putting some money on itttt! or just pride ;).

also, i think alberto posted he wanted to go somewhere, and im sure there someone else in chicago that will wanna go.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Chicago wouldn't lose. Would be too easy.
Chicago vs everyone else might be close for both P:M and Melee. For P:M the top 3 at SCSYN were Sethlon, Strongbad, and Oracle, and they're all attending this. For Melee you guys would have to contend with darkrain, darkatma, dope, deku??, and jace. That's a pretty big mouthful.

Unless you mean crews by region, then yes, Chicago would probably win, as the most active and largest city in the Midwest.

And get Kelly to come to this. I want to play him.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If I'm not mistaken, the final Pot Bonus for the Brawl MWW Circuit Championship is going to be $159, but I'll need final word on that from Rob.

At the moment I have $150 in my Brawl Box from the Topeka ($48), Nebraska ($45), and Colorado ($57) events. $168 is floating around somewhere between the MO Event (not sure if David or Rob has that cash which was $108 if I'm not mistaken) and the Wichita Event (Micah said he gave $60 to Averil).

Half of that $318 collected goes towards circuit payout / travel stipends. The other half goes to the Pot for the Championship, although I haven't 100% decided how I'll split that between doubles and singles.

Anybody near the venue wanna house a few Springfield dudes the night before? There'll likely be 5-7 of us.
Does this include TVs or is it just Wii/Cubes + Melee?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Ugh, I will see if I can drive to this... If I'm driving, I can take you down Tako.

That way car 1-
Tink/Vro/Dope/Rat/(Kels???)
Car 2=
Oro/Scythe/Tako/IwillfindsomeoneMAYBEKIRK
Sick, that car ride sounds fun. But I'm not 100% sure how my work schedule is gonna pan out, I'll be able to confirm by probably the end of the week. But this is what I'm lookin at.

Start in Chicago from the 19th.
Possibly attend meeting in TN on July 1st.
Come back to Chicago and stay till at least July 5th.

Yeah work is bat**** crazy.

Oracle

Smash Master
I hate to spoil the fun but dallas' attendance is not looking good. Our ride bailed and we're struggling to find another one, so we probably can't go. Although if we do go, you guys are done in crews

Dopey

Smash Lord
In claimin chitown when I roll thru MWHYPESON

Then everyone's done fer SPECIALLY in PM ^^

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
we would wreck shop even withhh texas 0_0....chicago is scary bro, and we will show it at this tourny!

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
lollll....you could barely beat me using my non mains at said tournament 0_0....we will have to show you whats up at nerd rage if u cant come out to this =D.

BlinkIV

Avenger
If we found a way over there, it wouldn't just be Sethlon and Oracle. You'd have more to deal with from Texas, which I can guarantee we'll be taking it.

Oracle

Smash Master
There are like two people in dfw with cars and neither of them gets more than 20 mpgs. theres a reason we don't travel lol. You guys should just come down to low tier city next month instead :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
do crew battles after tourney is over or during food break if u really want to

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That sucks, but in other news. MegaRobMan, I'm calling you out in a Megaman X Speed run MM. Any % or 100%, it's your call.
Someone had to point this post out to me, I missed it first time around.

Why is it that people only pick MM2 and MMX? Are they really the only games that exist in the series to competitively speed run? Shout Outs to Jayford for accepting a MM3 25 cent MM, but never actually doing it.

I hate running MMX. It's I either have to kill myself 6 times or whatever or I have to actually fight the ****ing spider. It's not like he's hard, but like the MM4 cossack moving box, it ruins the fun of the game in terms of my being able to not ADHD fhajlksdflkdsalka;sd I hate it when I can't just kill the ****ing boss in unarmored battles :((((((((

I used to be ~1 minute away from the 100% record in 2010, I never did learn how to do the Ice Skip in Sigma 3, but all of the Ice Tricks are impossibly hard, even moreso than getting Kwangers ht without the ice, but I haven't played an X game seriously in a while. I have never really tried the any% in a serious manner.

So clearly I want to pick any%

I'd do like $10 with no practice, but if you want a serious amount of cash I will decline until I get up to speed but I'd give you potential home court as I might be going to Dallas in the near future, I assume there are tournaments there we could do that at.

Do you have a youtube channel with megaman runs on them? ultramegablobman is mine, but I really basically only do Rom Hacks of the classic series, mostly because X rom hacks don't really exist and because if I was going to post me play a real one it would probably have to be about perfect and WR caliber.

Where is my classic mega man challenger(s)?

If I'm not mistaken, the final Pot Bonus for the Brawl MWW Circuit Championship is going to be $159, but I'll need final word on that from Rob.

At the moment I have $150 in my Brawl Box from the Topeka ($48), Nebraska ($45), and Colorado ($57) events. $168 is floating around somewhere between the MO Event (not sure if David or Rob has that cash which was $108 if I'm not mistaken) and the Wichita Event (Micah said he gave $60 to Averil).
$102 and I have it.

In case you guys forgot, there is going to be a brawl tournament with as of now $159 in pot bonuses.

Is it just Reflex and KS in terms of National level players so far? Melee and PM's hype is blinding my visor.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If there is $102 from MO, then the pot bonus would round out to be $156

And I'm 100% serious Rob, I'm going to hold your venue fee discount until after the tournament. If I see you taking a setup to run Megaman, I hope you win that $10 MM to cover your venue fee if it's your setup you're personally bringing. If it's someone elses for the tournament, I'm going to shut it down before you can finish the game. So you can hold that salt.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Someone had to point this post out to me, I missed it first time around.

Why is it that people only pick MM2 and MMX? Are they really the only games that exist in the series to competitively speed run? Shout Outs to Jayford for accepting a MM3 25 cent MM, but never actually doing it.

I hate running MMX. It's I either have to kill myself 6 times or whatever or I have to actually fight the ****ing spider. It's not like he's hard, but like the MM4 cossack moving box, it ruins the fun of the game in terms of my being able to not ADHD fhajlksdflkdsalka;sd I hate it when I can't just kill the ****ing boss in unarmored battles :((((((((

I used to be ~1 minute away from the 100% record in 2010, I never did learn how to do the Ice Skip in Sigma 3, but all of the Ice Tricks are impossibly hard, even moreso than getting Kwangers ht without the ice, but I haven't played an X game seriously in a while. I have never really tried the any% in a serious manner.

So clearly I want to pick any%

I'd do like $10 with no practice, but if you want a serious amount of cash I will decline until I get up to speed but I'd give you potential home court as I might be going to Dallas in the near future, I assume there are tournaments there we could do that at.

Do you have a youtube channel with megaman runs on them? ultramegablobman is mine, but I really basically only do Rom Hacks of the classic series, mostly because X rom hacks don't really exist and because if I was going to post me play a real one it would probably have to be about perfect and WR caliber.

Any % works for me, I'm just most comfortable with X through X4, Megaman 7, and Megaman and Forte. I agree on hating to fight Bospider, and I'd rather Hadouken it, but then again, it's pretty boring having to go through Armored Armadillo 5 times to get it. I'll be uploading any % runs to my channel in the near future, once I get myself a new component cable (So sound doesn't come out of one side of my speakers). Aside from that, I can accept any X game and practice to get up to speed and do well. Sadly, I'm not as proficient in the original MM games as I am in the X games.

Top Bottom