• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SET-UPS ON SATURDAY!!!!!

the more we have the more events we can run! :)

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
so the guy i had to cover my shift on saturday gayed out on me....

so if i cant find another person to take mah place, i cant go =(

10biggerthanmysig

10thatruleisbologna

10iloveyouanywaydrew

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Does anyone know if KaloKross will attend? Thanks.

@Drew: How was my sig longer than my post? It was roughly around the same width, it's not like it was a large sig :ohwell:

And yes, I did read that sticky you posted 3 days ago. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's just a gay rule... eventually everyone will be sigless b/c it's easier that way.

Also, for those in charge of planning WHOBO, I'm trying to get a group of people to come up for it from MEXICO. Would be awesome, international trny >:)

jog

Smash Journeyman
does anyone need a doubles partner for HOBO 13 tomorrow?

i'm pretty n00by but just wanted to play my first doubles match in tourny and have some fun :)

garrR

Smash Apprentice
i can't go since flip was my ride and he's not going. oh well, i should study for my finals. have fun guys :laugh:

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Please Remember to bring setups!!!

I can't waive the venue fee for a full setup sense this isn't PZ.

BUT!! i can give you a pat on the back and a hug!! :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You get a purple name for being in SBR. It's so that everyone thinks you're special.

Congrats to Dojo and Sethlon for getting in.

*is jealous* :)

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Turns out I'm going tomorrow. I finally convinced my dad to take me.
Unfortunately I have to be picked up at 5, so I really hope this tourny starts up fast. Also, has anybody been to this venue before? Is it good?
Oh wow, just realized something. This is the first tourny I'm going to that KRD won't be going to.
Anyways, see you guys tomorrow.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Anybody wanna practice tonight......you will be able to stay the night......also ill offer carpool to the HOBO.....
Hit me up on my cell......

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Turns out I'm going tomorrow. I finally convinced my dad to take me.
Unfortunately I have to be picked up at 5, so I really hope this tourny starts up fast. Also, has anybody been to this venue before? Is it good?
Oh wow, just realized something. This is the first tourny I'm going to that KRD won't be going to.
Anyways, see you guys tomorrow.
Oooh, hey, it's u! I'm that weird guy u see in ur window every night! :p

Totally jk. I'm that :link2: that played u at HOBO 11, friends with KRD, c u in the hallway sumtimes, yea. Well, hope singles at least gets to where the winners brackets is finished up b4 u go! Sukz u hav to leave @ 5:00.

Man, stinks KRD can't make it. D: His mom's judgement on how often he can simply leave the house is such a burden -_-

GL at the tourney! Mop da flo wit yo :ness2:! Wish u could stay long enuff to join me in wrecking shop in the low tier tourney! :T

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Oooh, hey, it's u! I'm that weird guy u see in ur window every night! :p

Totally jk. I'm that :link2: that played u at HOBO 11, friends with KRD, c u in the hallway sumtimes, yea. Well, hope singles at least gets to where the winners brackets is finished up b4 u go! Sukz u hav to leave @ 5:00.

Man, stinks KRD can't make it. D: His mom's judgement on how often he can simply leave the house is such a burden -_-

GL at the tourney! Mop da flo wit yo :ness2:! Wish u could stay long enuff to join me in wrecking shop in the low tier tourney! :T
Lol, whenever I see you in the hallways it always feels too awkward to say anything. xD
We should play some friendlies for sure, I could use some practice. Good luck. And if the tourny goes fast enough, who knows, maybe I can get in on some low tier action. I'll see you tomorrow.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not that troublesome lol. It's also not a new rule. Most mods just don't enforce it. It really does make thing easier to read however.

If your post is going to be smaller then your sig then all you have to do is uncheck the sig box at the bottom of your post. It doesn't even take a second.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It just gets annoying since I never post anything bigger than my sig and my sig is funny too lol and when did Hylian become a moderator?
I've been a mod for awhile now lol.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Sigs are largely pointless anyhow. I have never really used one before, but the first time i did i got infracted with the new rule. I never understood why people used banners for their signatures, I thought a signature would be something like
- Magik
Which i dont know why anyone would do on a forum since their name is already at the top, its just a way letters were transitions into forums and new traditions took place, now sigs just hold funny quotes or some fancy piece of artwork.
I guess some people find it fun to make full use of the signature option but really if it were up to me i wouldn't really allow signatures at all. I cant really think of a single time i thoguht, hey that sig was really useful, but really i hardly say that about anything but i think you understand what im trying to say. Also i have a question about changing sigs, if you change your sig to a larger size doesnt that make some past posts now in jeprody of breaking this rule? since they will become smaller than the sig, and the signature updates with past posts aswell.

Yours truly,
- Magik

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
what the hell, no one is going to HOBO. :\
Pretty much. This tournament will be on the easy side in terms of skill level. Just go if you can, and if you can't, then don't worry about it.

See you all tomorrow. Don't forget setups! :)

CY

Smash Ace
Pretty much. This tournament will be on the easy side in terms of skill level. Just go if you can, and if you can't, then don't worry about it.

See you all tomorrow. Don't forget setups! :)
yeah i'm still going, i think my falco has improved a lot since these past few tournaments, so it should be interesting to see how i do without the best players around. (even though some are still going -_-)

i'll be the only beaumont player though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom