• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Houston

So me sethlon Xyro and gabe are going to a HUGE tournament in california on december 20th (West coast smash league)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2390

and we were hoping to get anywhere from 1-3 more people so we could do crews.

just thought i'd give you guys a heads up. if you have any questions PM me :)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Plane. Road trip would be way too long, haha.
Gonna be a little on the expensive side. We're lookin at a min of 280$ for tickets.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Too exspensive for a young buck like me. Since sethlon, roy, or dojo isnt coming to HOBO 13...top 4 will "proabally" be flip dmg me and melee1. Maybe....:ohwell:

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Do we need to show up any earlier than 11 if we are bring wii/tv to the HOBO? Also, are there ever any 'all of texas' tournaments?

Edit: Nevermind the last question, if found the SanAn thread like 30 seconds ago.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Do we need to show up any earlier than 11 if we are bring wii/tv to the HOBO? Also, are there ever any 'all of texas' tournaments?
If you're going to bring a set up, just arrive at 10:45 or something. Where have you been? HOBO 10 was state wide. HOBO 11 was national. HOBO 12 got different states and cities to come lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Looks like Hobo 13 will have less hype than usual, since quite a few key players won't be going. Ah well, it will still be fun.

Beah, let's have a money match! Say for $1? Be warned, I'm quite broke right now, so I might have to pay you in pocket change if I lose, lawl.

Also, Beaumont crew, can I get a ridez from you to Final Smash? It turns out that it takes place before spring semester starts, so I might stay for the night after all. If you can't, then don't worry about it. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For those going to UH, it'll be on the second floor of the University Center (it's the same building where Trash Day was at for those that remember). Just look for a sign/listen for a group of shouting people. Please bring a setup and powerstrip/extension cord if you can, because they only have one setup on a laggy projector. It starts around 7-8 and probably last until around 11 or so. If you don't want to pay for parking, just come after 8 and you can park next to the UC. This will probably be the last one since UH won't have any classes soon. :)

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay then, that's why I asked a couple of days ago, "HEY, FIGURE OUT A DATE TO DO THIS ON, OR ILL PICK ONE"

SO FIGURE OUT A DATE TO DO MY FEST ON.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I have a question for some of you people? How come you go to play smash at UoH on a Thursday? Wouldn't it make since to do it on Friday? Thats just my thoughts.

Beaumont, you guys need to find a date =/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The UH gathering takes place at a video game club they have on Thursdays. They have a variety of games, but we've started to slowly take over the club and use it as a very small smashfest. They don't mind, but we need setups for everyone to play on. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fail ^. Change it to fridays or gtfo!!!

10changeorgtfo's
Yeah, we don't control the club...we're just borrowing it.

But if you whine enough, I'm sure they'll still ignore you. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Beah, 5$ MM, falcon ditto.

i cant wait for low tier.

god i hate this signature violation thing, now i have to pay attention to if my post is bigger or smaller than my sig >.>

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
WHOO!

Before I hit Hiatus status, I will attend my first and only HOBO tournament before heading otu to SoCal for the holidays, yes I leave on the 7th.

Sudai

Stuff here
I got my R4 for my DS. meaning if anyone wants to play ANY DS games with me, let me know =).
R4 too good. If you ever find a multi-player you really like, you should PM me (if you can remember me. lol) cause I have an R4 too, but never get to try out multi-player games due to people around me sucking.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good luck at Hobo Dojo :).

Use diddy. I'm going to be! :p

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I also am confused, is this officially hobo 13 or not >.>

@hylian - using diddy on sat? switching mains or just for fun?
just for fun, and im assuming he wants to try that new naner lock on someone. Im not gettin caught in it, u wont be embarrassing me :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
I think this is Hobo 13. That's what it still says in the title thread.

@Hyli: Lol **** that. Actually I may play him a bit. Earlier matches.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
After getting trashed by Flip's Diddy, I can say that it is quite the raep. And now that he knows how to DI properly...dear god. Now if he just stop SDing, he'd be good to go.

See you all on Saturday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom