• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
What's the deal with lunch for these tournaments...? Do we bring our own sack lunches or something haha.
WOW! lol. You need to get out more. This is a reason you bring money. Theres a McDonalds about 20 seconds walking distance from it :p I'm pretty sure there are more restuarants close but eh.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
I've never attended a tournament so I didn't know if there would be lunches to buy there or something or when we'd have downtime for lunch (before 1v1 I'm assuming)...

Thanks for letting me know!

heytallman

CTALL
I've never attended a tournament so I didn't know if there would be lunches to buy there or something or when we'd have downtime for lunch (before 1v1 I'm assuming)...

Thanks for letting me know!
Usually at tournaments people just grab lunch or something in between matches or w/e. The tournament will start at 1, so you could grab something a bit before. Or if matches are going on, just tell the TO (Furbs, DugFinn), that you are getting something and w/e. Things work out.

I will do my best to be there. In fact, I believe I will. I am ready to **** in low tier.

Is this big enough for my sig? I sure think/hope so. It should be close enough, DREW.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
LOL.......
I just had an epic phail... :urg:

I went to my friend's house tonite, and I brought my wii cuz I need practice against other ppl (I'm still in hi school, so yea I can't go anywhere on weekdays :ohwell:). They used to practice brawl a lot and were quite epic, but now they can't play it cuz they've sold their wii and bought a 360 (traitors -_-). Anyhow, so I get there, all excited to practice sum brawl, and then it hit me...

I forgot my wiimote...... :(:(:(:(:(:(:urg::urg::urg::urg::cry::cry::cry:

Ah wellz...gl every1, c yall tomorrow ;)

@jS: Well, I guess I can fix that. Next time, I c ya, I'm gonna say yo's. :p Maybe I'll elaborate on it in the future, but yea a nice starting place. :chuckle: C u there!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
WOW! lol. You need to get out more. This is a reason you bring money. Theres a McDonalds about 20 seconds walking distance from it :p I'm pretty sure there are more restuarants close but eh.
You know there's something wrong with your social life when you get told you need to go out more by a 5 year old :p

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Guys!!!! please remember to bring setups!!!!

I hope to see you all there tomorrow :D.

pleasant dreams

here are some more words so i don't get infracted!

This one time my cat ate a cricket and then it threw up. also did you know that Nixon owned a dog that potentially saved his political career?

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
You know there's something wrong with your social life when you get told you need to go out more by a 5 year old :p
Well, I was still trying to figure out how 'getting out more' had anything to do with going to Brawl tournaments... or any gaming tournaments at all. I was just unsure of how lunch was typically handled by those attending tournaments, as I have had zero experience with such beforehand.

Unless 'getting out more' means going to more tournaments, I don't quite see the correlation.

Anyways, see some of you guys tomorrow... hopefully I'll prove myself as a competitor, not just someone to make the pot bigger.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I went to my friend's house tonite, and I brought my wii cuz I need practice against other ppl (I'm still in hi school, so yea I can't go anywhere on weekdays :ohwell:). They used to practice brawl a lot and were quite epic, but now they can't play it cuz they've sold their wii and bought a 360 (traitors -_-).
You know... these are my middle school friends you're talking about xD.

Anyways: Whoever is going to HOBO 13, have fun.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

This one time my cat ate a cricket and then it threw up. also did you know that Nixon owned a dog that potentially saved his political career?

Nixon career was destroyed by water gate. He was the first president to resign from office.....nothing can save him from that.

GUYS, i will not be at this event. I apologize but work couldnt give me the days off. Furbs and dugfin(if she goes) will take over. RT, plz help them if you see things going wrong. PLEASE.

BRING SET-UPS!!!!!! we really really need them.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sigs are largely pointless anyhow. I have never really used one before, but the first time i did i got infracted with the new rule. I never understood why people used banners for their signatures, I thought a signature would be something like
- Magik
Which i dont know why anyone would do on a forum since their name is already at the top, its just a way letters were transitions into forums and new traditions took place, now sigs just hold funny quotes or some fancy piece of artwork.
I guess some people find it fun to make full use of the signature option but really if it were up to me i wouldn't really allow signatures at all. I cant really think of a single time i thoguht, hey that sig was really useful, but really i hardly say that about anything but i think you understand what im trying to say. Also i have a question about changing sigs, if you change your sig to a larger size doesnt that make some past posts now in jeprody of breaking this rule? since they will become smaller than the sig, and the signature updates with past posts aswell.

Yours truly,
- Magik
They're great for advertising tournaments. I doubt the San Antonio thread would have been able to take off as well as it has if I didn't have it in my sig, this being because the San Antonio scene fell flat after I stopped doing stuff for a while post FS4.

Pipes

Smash Rookie
Wait A second...my mom woke me up this morning and was like "Hey I got called to do something and I have to go to San Antonio today, want to come?"
-.-
Wish I had remembered about the tournament before she left...

Xyro77

This is RT...

We will be doing doubles and low tier...we're almost done with singles! Please come if you can, we will be here until midnight and then maybe get some food afterwards. :)

garrR

Smash Apprentice
This is RT...

We will be doing doubles and low tier...we're almost done with singles! Please come if you can, we will be here until midnight and then maybe get some food afterwards. :)
how's singles going? can you give us an update? lol

CY

Smash Ace
I 10 is ****ing gay. the construction has traffic backed up for ****ing miles. i moved like 1 mile in an hour so i said **** it and turned around. other wise i would be at the drink station.

Xyro77

Update by RT...

Infinity in grand finals. DMG, Razer, Melee1 and Dojo in losers. Ice in losers finals. Almost done with singles...

UPDATE:

Singles:

1. Infinity
2. DMG
3. Ice

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
i got F***ING RAP*D today. This was my first ever tournament, and I hear my name called and find out I'm up against dojo for my first round, I got violated. It was pretty bad. Nonetheless, I guess that means I just need to practice more. Either way, pretty cool.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
i got F***ING RAP*D today. This was my first ever tournament, and I hear my name called and find out I'm up against dojo for my first round, I got violated. It was pretty bad. Nonetheless, I guess that means I just need to practice more. Either way, pretty cool.
No johns, I had to fight Xyro in the first round of the first tourny I ever went to :p

From what jS told me, it sounds like this tourny was small, so I guess I didn't miss much.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
DDDDDDDMG... why are you not 4th? I guess last HOBO messed that up for you :p Congrats! You shoulda beaten Infinity though, this was your chance!

What was your guys turnout like?

Santi

Smash Lord
I wish you hadn't won in San Antonio. BTW, you left your jetpack in my car, I'll have to give it back to you next time I see you.
Thats how the cookie crumbles :D

aw **** my jetpack! :/ Bring it to final smash. And it better not be on low fuel young man.

EDIT: why the **** was I in your car?!?!?! I have a **** jet pack for crying out loud.

Santi

Smash Lord
B/c you wanted to ride with me? Everyone wants to ride with PhantomX, that much should be obvious.
"don't talk like one of them YOU'RE NOT"

"Even if you'd like to be"

EDIT: Suspect-Sure man. just get it from phantomsex

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
**** 33 wish I could beat a HOBO :(

If I had as much time to advertise as the November tournament I would have.

Final Smash 5 is now two days everyone! Go post it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom