• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what's going on? Oh that's right, some thing called HOBO 13. Infinity won? Why you guys all gotta go and sandbag like that, for shame! I'm actually only making this post because I'm wired and bored, but pretend I'm interesting for a moment, seriously. I also came looking for the full results, though they seem to not be up yet. Pity.

Zori

Smash Champion
That was awesome... I still call bracket johns :p i got bwett second in low tier x_o shoutout when the results thread goes up....

ps:furbs is amazing

CY

Smash Ace
i think it was a blessing in disguise that i didn't go to this tournament. i'm kind of short on cash and i need to buy stuff for christmas so it all works out. i just wish i could of played some friendles. :\

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tournament was a blast. Full results/shoutouts when the official results thread is posted by Xyro later. Here are the initial results for everything.

Singles:
1. Infinity
2. DMG
3. Ice

Doubles:
1. Dojo and Melee1
2. DMG and Infinity
3. UltimateRazer and Gnes

Low tier:
1. Gnes (Ness)
2. Xyro (Samus)-forfeited to Gnes due to time constraints
3. Bwett (Yoshi)

Considering only 30+ people showed up, it was very fun tournament. I apologize for it taking until 3 to finish because of poor planning, but I hope everyone still enjoyed it. :)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Good tourney but i felt like poop. :(. I got 5th in singles. Third in teams but no money because there wasnt enough teams and idk about low tier because i gave up. It was 2 am XD

heytallman

CTALL
Low tier:
1. Gnes (Ness)
2. Xyro (Samus)
3. Bwett (Yoshi)

Considering only 30+ people showed up, it was very fun tournament. I apologize for it taking until 3 to finish because of poor planning, but I hope everyone still enjoyed it. :)
**** low tier ended at 3? Jesus Christ, I'm glad I didn't stay. It shouldn't have been started so late! Horrible, horrible. Whatever. How much you wanna bet that by the time another low tier tournament happens here, Lucas won't be low tier any more? That would be just my effing luck. Overall, good tournament, and I will post shoutouts in the results thread once it's up.

And Keith's Ness won? Good thing I wasn't there, I would have f'ed his Ness up. Badly. Keith sucks.

Also, RT, die.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And Keith's Ness won? Good thing I wasn't there, I would have f'ed his Ness up. Badly. Keith sucks.

Also, RT, die.
Die?! What did I do? D:

Only amongst our little group do we know that Keith really sucks. And that he stole everything from everyone else. Which is why by combining everything we have, he's good. You suck, Gner! :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fine, fine. Next time we play, I'll use my oh-so-terrible Snake or ROB or Meta against you. Seriously, they suck.

I just found out that I ran out of minutes on my phone right before the tourney. Sorry if anyone couldn't contact me. For now on, please do not call/text messages to my phone unless it is something really important. If I don't text back, please don't be mad. You can almost always find me on AIM anyways. :)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Bah...I wish I could've been there so badly.....
I tried to come...
I searched and searched for 820 Broadway st., but I could not find it...
and I came back home, look up the address on AiB and realized it was actually 8209 Broadway st..... :urg:
Ah well, see yall in January I guess.

EDIT: It said 820 on this thread.....that's where I got it from :\

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So, shoryuken guys are throwing a smash tourney in Houston this weekend. Probly not going to be too big, but a tournament at a chinese restaurant? Too awesome to pass up.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=168284

(And they're using standard brawl rules, for all you people who rolled your eyes when you saw "shoryuken guys")
...dear god, at a Chinese restaurant? And it's named Panda East? *prepares for massive amount of panda jokes*

If I don't win this, I will maul all of you. :)

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
So, shoryuken guys are throwing a smash tourney in Houston this weekend. Probly not going to be too big, but a tournament at a chinese restaurant? Too awesome to pass up.

(And they're using standard brawl rules, for all you people who rolled your eyes when you saw "shoryuken guys")
demands that roy, flip, gnes, dojo, or seth go destroy them...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm gonna try :) I just have to find a ride.
And they're also having 3rd Strike, MvC2, and GG:AC for anyone who plays those games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, I can't read now. I need more sleep. :)

jog

Smash Journeyman

RT you better win... you have home court advantage :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
whoever has the tio data. Xyro/furbs. email it to me at dudder8@hotmail.com
i will upload it to aib
The results are on Xyro's laptop. I saved all three results. He should upload it whenever he gets the chance. Keep in mind that he had to go to work about 4 hours after the tournament ended...and he just got off of work when he came to the tourney. I'm sure he's sleeping right now. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So who lost to who? Who beat Dojo and Melee1?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Dojo lost to Ice in winners and DMG in losers. Dojo also put DMG into losers. Melee1 lost to Dojo both times IIRC.

DMG is a beast btw. He was ahead of Dojo in both games 3 stock to 1 at one point, and managed to not get hit by Dojo for nearly a full minute (I don't care who you are, that's impressive). Then during teams he took 3 stocks off of Dojo and Melee1 by himself after I had died off. This kid deserves more hype, IMO.

Edit - Oh yeah, I forgot. DMG was playing Game and Watch when he did that against both of their Metaknights. Just throwing that out there.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I lost to Dojo in the winners bracket (I used Snake, bad idea lol) and I played him again in the loser's bracket and beat him with Wario. Also beat Razer and Ice. I think Razer beat Melee1, and IDR much besides that, maybe the brackets will be posted somewhere.

Fun tourney, the car rides were fun and FINALLY I didn't get 4th. :)

Edit: Yeah Infinity covered most of it. Beat me to it lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YEah YEah DMG!
Work that spot dodge baby!
Actually I airdodged more than spotdodged, I got rid of a lot of my bad habits with spotdodge. I usually only do it now when I am absolutely sure I know when my opponent will grab or attack.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Actually I airdodged more than spotdodged, I got rid of a lot of my bad habits with spotdodge. I usually only do it now when I am absolutely sure I know when my opponent will grab or attack.
I told you that would help a lot ^_^ I bet you fsmashed way less on shield too :p Like I said, last HOBO wrecked the curse, no more fourth XD

AIM time? :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
You know I meant Airdodge.
Honestly Wario's spotdodge isn't all that great. Diddy's is amazing though.
But yes, glad you're getting rid of bad habits. :)

kown

Smash Lord
lol if anyone saw me vs dmg match....we didnt touch each other for like the first minute...but i got the first hit...i should of won soley because of that! its not fair haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom