• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
In response to HOBO 17 shenanigans...I heard way too many people complain about bracket. But seriously it was was just plain crappy. 3000 and T-rex on the same side of the bracket for example...but not just the same side, if 3000 would have beat me(first round, though we both got 1st in our pool) he would have had to play T-rex. Awesome. Duel to the death between brothers.

The only complaint i heard from pools was Take and a few others. Someone will always complain. U cant make everyone happy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hooray for tournament shenanigans. I think we should roll some dice for pool placement. The only person who could beat me is Gnes. You get more lucky rolls than me. <_<

Smoom77

Smash Master
Interior croc-a-dile alli-ga-tor
I drive a Chevrolet movie theater

WOAH: I gotz 200 posts!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's what you look like underneath all that armor.

Not so green anymore.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Let's increase the hype level for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament this Saturday at Planet Zero.

my marths readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can seed a bracket perfectly if you have pools with at least 4 people getting out.

PERFECTLY.

As far as skill goes anyways. Skill takes a massive priority over region when it comes to seeding. Just cause you play with someone a lot doesn't make it fair to separate you if you have to change the seeding. If you can separate locations while keeping the seeds the same then ok. People complain about locational seeding a lot, but they really shouldn't. When you are playing for money that stuff doesn't matter nearly as much as proper skill seeding. You earn your seed through pools, not through location.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I can seed a bracket perfectly if you have pools with at least 4 people getting out.

PERFECTLY.
Can I hold you to this? Because if I get the exact same people, and I do mean EXACT same people again on my side of the bracket..AGAIN (assuming I make it out of pools), I will start banging my head against the nearest wall.

Or table.

Whichever is closer.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can I hold you to this? Because if I get the exact same people, and I do mean EXACT same people again on my side of the bracket..AGAIN (assuming I make it out of pools), I will start banging my head against the nearest wall.

Or table.

Whichever is closer.
That doesn't have much to do with seeding >_>. I just mean perfect seeding based on pool results and power rankings. I don't know who you've played at previous tournaments and it doesn't matter when seeding.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, never mind, I'm so inconsistent, I can't even predict my seeding anyways.

But if I manage to get all the Marths again, I will go ahead and give myself a brain aneurysm.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Let's increase the hype level for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament this Saturday at Planet Zero.

my marths readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

As far as skill goes anyways. Skill takes a massive priority over region when it comes to seeding. Just cause you play with someone a lot doesn't make it fair to separate you if you have to change the seeding. If you can separate locations while keeping the seeds the same then ok. People complain about locational seeding a lot, but they really shouldn't. When you are playing for money that stuff doesn't matter nearly as much as proper skill seeding. You earn your seed through pools, not through location.
qft

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I bet I smell better than you.

Also, nice 99% number pulled out of your ***.
Smell MM! Let's go! I smell like STRAWBERRIES after I shower! Get wrecked!

Obvious exaggeration is obvious, but it's true that a lot of Smashers (at least half) have abysmal hygeine. I've travelled a lot and played a lot, so I know from experience.

I enjoy bathing, smelling fresh, and looking good everyday. It is fun. :)
Yay! :)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Reads hylians post*

Looks at how mlg did seeding*

Tx seeding doesn't matter

So nobody should complain about seeding just because we unfortunately have a terrible system in the lone star state.

Kills self*

Loves suspect.

heytallman

CTALL
I bet I smell better than you.
Old Spice commercials make me think of CY. That whistle at the end...

I shower every day, and sometimes twice, if need be. I also apply deodorant every day, and if I'm going somewhere special, cologne sometimes. I've been told by some friends once that I smelled "quite pleasant."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom