• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Only because your singles character is also viable in doubles :(
Alot of characters are viable for both singles and doubles. Learn to use your characters >_>

I agree 100% with Jerm. Doubles get me warmed up for singles.

Also, what are the options?
option 1, pools <3

option 2, 3/5 bracket, 4/7 losers, winners, and grand finals =[

TheJerm

Smash Champion
hey seiya, if you have extra room at your place, can I crash there? I wanna practice teams with hylian.. and I miss you too <3

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Double first is ******** in many ways and i aint going through the list AGAIN. Singles will be first.

As for the options, forget about them. Option 2 won so ill consider it later on for another hobo. thanks for the votes guys!!!

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hey seiya, if you have extra room at your place, can I crash there? I wanna practice teams with hylian.. and I miss you too <3
well truth is im not even sure if i can house anybody yet, ill know by next week.....if i can get the weekend off work ill house ppl,

im gonna try to have a 25 person cap so everybody can be comfortable but youre special so you can stay :)

that is if all goes according to plan lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Double first is ******** in many ways and i aint going through the list AGAIN. Singles will be first.

As for the options, forget about them. Option 2 won so ill consider it later on for another hobo. thanks for the votes guys!!!
Have faith in Xyro, his skills at getting things done on time are top notch.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want to play today. :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Moving on! In Magnolia, Tx one of my pals named Aaron found a Play N' Trade up in Spring, Tx that would hold smash tournaments and he wanted to hold a brawl event, so he asked me to help him and we held a brawl tournament there. We named it HOBO(Houston's Official Brawl Ordeal) and on 4/5/08 we(unknowingly) unleashed the BIGGEST and most BADASS tournament series in TX/Houston history. HOBO 1 had about 40 players(OOS players like hylian, Dr Drew, Dr MarioKart and Kira showed up) and it was the FIRST legit brawl tournament in the city. 3000 and t-rex took first and 2nd while the legendary roy master of melee(sethlon) took 4th. I still remember HOBO 1 to this day, and im sure they ones that went to it remember it as well because THEY took part in a HISTORIC event that is now being record here. If that was Historic enough you now have DUGFINN! At HOBO 1 i met up with DugFinn and decided we should team up and run tournies together! Yet again, this move along with the move to pass up the sinking ship that is melee was the BEST THING I HAVE DONE in smash!
Are you ****tin' me?

EDIT: When is th next time there will be a Hobo down here?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Champ, that was the first hobos. Great times, at that venue, like 10 minutes from my house. It was right at Louetta and Stuebner Airline.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All we did was separate players by both location and skill as best as possible. Considering how much very little time we had to do it, and despite the fact that there were a few problems, such as two hard and one easy pool, it was done pretty well. And we did not handle brackets.

But whatever, if people didn't like it, I won't help with that then. Simple as that.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
All we did was separate players by both location and skill as best as possible. Considering how much very little time we had to do it, and despite the fact that there were a few problems, such as two hard and one easy pool, it was done pretty well. And we did not handle brackets.

But whatever, if people didn't like it, I won't help with that then. Simple as that.
jabba layin' it down

Xyro77

HAHAHAHA Oh wow.

We made the pools but we had NO say over pool size or how many people made it out OR doubles going first. Or bracket.

That was you
yea, and??? I didnt say u did a horrible job im just directing the pool complaints to you guys.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There will always be complaints, because it's impossible to do a perfect job of seeding/making pools/whatever.

So who cares?

SOLO!

Gea

Smash Master
And that's part of your job as TO/ "manager"

Like Dave said, if you don't like the results of the job you gave us, we won't do it. There's not really anything to discuss.

Xyro77

And that's part of your job as TO/ "manager"

Like Dave said, if you don't like the results of the job you gave us, we won't do it. There's not really anything to discuss.
Its not that, i let you guys do it because you two know what you are doing. I think you guys did fine, i would have done some things different but then again that could be said about ANYTHING. yall are fine, relax.

Xyro77

fatal's snake beat shugo's(shuz?) sonic

m2k beat drk peach

wes sonic is about to beat allied kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom