• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
plz take melee to the melee thread or the hobo 18 thread.

there will only be a melee tourney if the players show up and bring thier own stuff.

NEW IDEA

1. 100+ show up, i do pools(like normal)

or

2. 100+ show up, all matches are 3 out of 5 and the winner/loser/grand finals are 4 out of 7.

im not changing the rules right now im just asking for some opinions.

Popertop

Smash Champion
lol i like when little ppl talk big. since u talkin so big 50 mm first to 5? and iuni the same go for UUUUUU?
oh wow your soooo good cause you can challenge people to $50 MMs.

It's not like im going to show up to anything anytime soon,

it's not like I talk about how great I am at every game ever made,

it's not like you gain anything from beating me,

so whats the point of challenging me?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well I know how good you are in brawl so I'm just assuming the same thing in melee....
I'll automatically become like 5th in TX the moment I enter your state, rofl. Maybe higher. I'm not even trying to be cocky, I'm just being honest. You really have no idea because people are extremely biased and I've been inconsistent in the past.

I will gladly MM you in Melee. I'm glad you think I'm bad because my hardest opponent in Melee ***** me in a few vids, lmao... So dumb. teh_spamerer brutally style counters me and beats me as hard as Mew2King does.

inui melee mm?

anybody wanna melee mm?
Yup, sure.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
I am not scared of Brawl heads in Melee, rofl. You people must not know that I was very good at Melee and ranked highly and still love the game. >_>;
yea i know beat the great wes and took a game from shiz fox, than he styled on u :laugh: game 3.

ps im not a brawl player

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yea i know beat the great wes and took a game from shiz fox, than he styled on u :laugh: game 3.

ps im not a brawl player
ChuDat almost lost to me at EVO East, but he wobbled me to win. I also beat Cactuar, Scar, Lord Knight (bajillion times), Eggm, Tec0, Sensei (a lot), Reik, Magus, and other great Melee players in my prime. >_>;

I'm an everything player. I play every Smash game. I'll MM you in Melee if you want to.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
I'll automatically become like 5th in TX the moment I enter your state, rofl. Maybe higher. I'm not even trying to be cocky, I'm just being honest. You really have no idea because people are extremely biased and I've been inconsistent in the past.

I will gladly MM you in Melee. I'm glad you think I'm bad because my hardest opponent in Melee ***** me in a few vids, lmao... So dumb. teh_spamerer brutally style counters me and beats me as hard as Mew2King does.

Yup, sure.
inui i know u was good at one point but to say somethink like is just disrespectful u should watch of mouf. cuzz we all know u the figures dont always add up to the claims with u.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
As tempting as option 2 sounds, would there be time to take that route?

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'll automatically become like 5th in TX the moment I enter your state, rofl. Maybe higher. I'm not even trying to be cocky, I'm just being honest.
You can be cocky and honest. You're being honest, but it's still cocky. There is something called nice too. :)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I was reading Armada's interview...

"Smashboards: What other games (if any) do you like to play competitively now?
Armada: SSB64... ohh, and Mario Party. Awesome game to have tournament in!"

We should have some Mario Party there! 3/5 anyone?

Suspect

Smash Hero
lol i like when little ppl talk big. since u talkin so big 50 mm first to 5? and iuni the same go for UUUUUU?

pools, assuming fantastic seeding shall be done
lol come on ozz, killing me with the jokes

I would be down for a mario party tourny, id even travel for it

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
You can be cocky and honest. You're being honest, but it's still cocky. There is something called nice too. :)
Why would he need to be nice if it's true? At least this way we could rub it in his face if he's wrong ^.-

OH ****, MARIO PARTY 2 TOURNAMENT, YOU MIGHT AS WELL FORFEIT.

Xyro77

As tempting as option 2 sounds, would there be time to take that route?
option 2 is faster than pools.

I vote pools.
pools, assuming fantastic seeding shall be done
Hmm, having no option of counterpicking, or having more options for counterpicking.

Counterpicking is one of my strenghts...

I'll vote for option 2.
and i say option 2

Pools=3

3/5 and 4/7(finals) Bracket= 2

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think it should be pools, considering OOS is coming and that it is the traditional format for larger tournaments.

Xyro77

Xyro I think it's a little unfair to vote for your own idea... lol
Did Obama vote for Obama? BOOM! Case closed!

Like i said, i aint changin HOBO 18 rules, i simply want to see if the public is open to 3/5 and 4/7(finals) bracket. If they are, ill consider it down the road.

Relax zac, i aint no bad guy.

KALO: thanks bud! It goes good with the purple name. I may even go back to my blue name so it matches even better.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Edit: suspect,no. I am not.

Ew ****in gross I didn't realize scar had posted and I posted right next to him.I can feel the ******ry oozing out of him.

Scar needs puberty

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Wow dude 3/5 bracket sounds like an amazing idea and should be attempted!

I honestly think it will show a more balanced result,I think it should be tried!! Definately,if not at this tournament,it definately should be tried at a future tournament!

I don't see a problem with voting for your own idea.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Allan think you could take me to HOBO? I got my phone back btw. I might be busy Saturday though, so lemme check if I'm doing anything. :(

And I bought Blazblue. Someone wanna teach me?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Hm...well, I'd sorta like pools because I want to play multiple people. What if I end up playing Dojo for 3 matches? That'd be sorta dumb; well, for me. I'd rather get different experience than experience in one or two areas.

Edit: Jimboooooooo....where is he? I've heard about him, but he hasn't been active while I have been here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui i know u was good at one point but to say somethink like is just disrespectful u should watch of mouf. cuzz we all know u the figures dont always add up to the claims with u.
Then bust out that wallet. Let's go.

good **** inui you beat me when i was playing the game for 9 months
DATZ DAT NAME SEARCH LOL

You'd **** me NOW (probably). I'll admit that. You were already good/rising when I did beat you, though.

Pools. Also, is Inui talking about being top 5 in Brawl or in Melee?
Both. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom