• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Zori

Smash Champion
all this talk about m2k and dojo and epic tornados has got me thinking where is all the azen love ;-;

-Ran

Smash Master
I figure after Ike, you guys are pretty bored. =p

External Link:
http://www.gametabs.com/events/2008-10-26/new_orleans_brawl_monthly_1/44/

Please, for the love that is all that is holy, sign up to the above link. I ask this, because the Venue that we are going to is going to waive any/all fees for us to use their building if a sufficient level of users/activity is generated on their site. It's a pretty cool community building setup. You can even run tournaments right off of it. The guys at Dibbz are being INCREDIBLY helpful. Originally the tournament was going to have to shut down at the close of the store [10pm] on Sunday, but they've vowed to stay open as LONG as necessary. Maintaining a good partnership with the owners of Dibbz will ensure us a venue for every future monthly. So PLEASE, PLEASE, Register on the site, and post a comment/intent to join.

The owner is going to attempt to get many fresh bloods to come to the tournament as well, which will increase the pot.

Date:
10/26/08

Dibbz LAN Gaming Center
6850 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA

Time:
Noon till Completion. [Venue closes at 10pm]
Registration closes at 12:30.

Entry Fee:
10 dollars.

Format and Rules:
Singles tournament with Pools to select seeding.
Split: 50/25/15/5/5
No items.
Three Stocks.
Time Limit will be set to seven minutes. Ties determined by percent/stock.
Best two of three.
Bring your own controller.
Advanced slob picks
Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs.

Stage List:
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, and Castle Siege

Counterpick:
Halberd, Brinstar, PS1, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, and Pirate Ship

Banned:

Everything else.

IMPORTANT INFO TO BE SPECIFIED.
The way we do level striking is, we take turns striking out levels UNTIL ONE is left. So you dont have to worry about ANY ones you dislike.

Pools
In your pools you will only play a person for two matches instead of three. This is done to accelerate the pools. There will be no counter picking or stage striking. Stages will be random neutrals for the sake of speed.

Additional
Anyone who is capable of bringing a Wii/TV will be much appreciated. For a tournament such as this to work effectively, we need to have at least eight TVs. Also, the venue has asked that I use their website to promote the tournament, so please sign up on it. The link is at the top. I'm expecting at least thirty entries.

Given the proximity to Halloween, feel free to wear a costume! We might as well have fun with it. =D

Attendees
1. Ran Iji - TV + Wii.
2. Garret
3. Mankosuki
4. HolyChef
5. Cyphus
6. Nikz0r - Wii + TV
7. Sara/Sachi.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
gosh, after reading this as seeing I live in Veterans Memorial "'Dibbz LAN Gaming Center 6850 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA"

I got so happy, but when I found ou
t it is in LA instad of Texas I went like ****.
:(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Hey for anyone who goes on the website allisbrawl.com and wants the staff slayer badge can challenge me at HOBO 11 current people who have asked are.

Santi
Ozz
I want in on that! :D Does anyone want to challenge my Geno? You have to use metaknight though, because no other character even have a chance at him.

Zori

Smash Champion
I want in on that! :D Does anyone want to challenge my Geno? You have to use metaknight though, because no other character even have a chance at him.

Mk, hmmm i should make a custom rule set,

All stages legal 2/3 no stage bans full rule set coming soon ;)

Also i accept your challenge for your geno title.

Edit: Sure mario

Roy_R

Smash Apprentice
die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die :)
furbs is proshi!
rocket trainer is trash! :)

also jeremy fiefer i cant wait to play you at hobo11! ;)

CY

Smash Ace
Roy, we need to settle our Falcon Ganon rivalry because our sets were even. Make sure you grease yourself for the matches so that you will be as aerodynamic as possible. Also, don't wear any clothes (except maybe socks)
$1 ganon ditto at the next HOBO. that's if ya aren't scared ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
$1 MM Ganon Ditto with anyone, also you have to apply a ridiculous amount of Astro-glide over your entire body so as to appease the Ganon gods. Meaning Lee and Sliq.

Now for MM's, I will do them on a first come, first serve basis. I already have a few scheduled MM's and hopefully I can do most of them at Bears Smashfest the day before. Otherwise I won't have the time to play everyone. Just keep that in mind.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
DMG ill ganon ditto u
so i got

1$ Leeharris ganon
1$ CY ganon
1$ DMG ganon
5$ with razerr (gotta still do it)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sidebet me $40 we beat houston's best 5 with Dallas best 5. Do it.
Sethlon, Stiltz, Trex, Mr. 3000, and Roy R (For Houston) vs D4ba, Melee1, Infinity, and two more of your guys (For Dallas).

Sounds good, I might bet on that... For which side, Idk yet. If you can get every Houston/Dallas person involved to agree to the crew battle, then I might pick a side.

CY

Smash Ace
Sethlon, Stiltz, Trex, Mr. 3000, and Roy R (For Houston) vs D4ba, Melee1, Infinity, and two more of your guys (For Dallas).

Sounds good, I might bet on that... For which side, Idk yet. If you can get every Houston/Dallas person involved to agree to the crew battle, then I might pick a side.
i'll take up on that side bet. not for $40 cuz i can't afford it, but i'll do $5. plus, that makes it easier for you. ;)

Top Bottom