• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 26: Devry University Edition! FULL RESULTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Also, the ones that showed up from dallas(denti/neobattoe/fk) and the solo from Austin(panty), THANK YOU so much for coming. It means alot.

Lee made lots of money this weekend. He got 1st in melee 1vs1/2nd in brawl 1vs1/1st in brawl 2vs2.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Xyro: Thanks for hosting this event. It was also a lot less loud than I expected. I was fearing it was going to be as loud as the Planet Zero ones which would've killed my ears. This time it was quiet enough that you could actually hear people talking next to you :D
Leaf: Fun friendlies. I should have tried using G&W in those team friendlies.
P4: Good to see ya again. Too bad I didn't get to play any singles friendlies against you, wanted to see how much better you've gotten.
Fliphop: Fun matches. Looks like I should stick with Wolf for fighting Diddy. Funny how your diddty seems better than ADHD's to me.
Trela: Nice job against Fliphop. That last match was REALLY close, thought Fliphop had you.
Smoom: What a dumb way for you to lose that 2nd match against RT xD. Tripping on a falling block must have sucked. You need to work on your chain grabbing though! I kept seeing you mess up.
Kuro: I got ***** in our set. My Wolf sucked against your Snake, but the D3 vs. Snake match was fun. It was close until then end and I couldn't get stage control anymore.
Kingdom Come: Fun friendlies. Hopefully you learned some matchups a little bit better from fighting me, not sure if we played long enough for that to happen though.
Yosh: Looks like I now have competition for best shirt. That was a nice dragon shirt you had.
Esca: Pit can be really gay. Now I see why you stick to doubles. I'd be so annoyed if I fought a Pit that did that.
jS: You didn't do to bad against Razer. Too bad you lost those DK dittos though.

:059:

Xyro77

u played lee and u lost. i saw it. no one has split by thier name.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
it did when i posted calm down pops. also what you said about trela during his set with flip. lol. you were right.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts

1: Gnes-Diddy so broken...fair has 110% accuracy.
2: Lee-You are so weird, LOL.
3: Razer-I see you're back to normal...in terms of smash.
4: Trela-****** up the Southwest...making Lucario semi-viable. You silly aura-monster.
5: DEHFlon92(ozz)-Glad to see banana tricks helping you.
5: Fliphop-Get tippered.
7: FK-Good playing with you.
9: Avoid-Rematch, let's go!
9: Zori-Rematch, let's go!
13: RT-Pffft.
13: Tree-Making people rage quit...you troll.
17: Smoooom-Rainbow Cruise a good ICs stage? Maybe not...donuts hate you.
25: P4-I feel bad for you.
33: Xyro-*plays Guile's theme*

See you all at the next one...

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
8 people attended. no need to post results. melee is dead, brawl is the future. accept it
you'll be sorry for that statement once Project M comes out!

And Melee is dying in Texas, East and West coast is where its at biache.

Xyro77

you'll be sorry for that statement once Project M comes out!

And Melee is dying in Texas, East and West coast is where its at biache.
They said the same thing for b+/b-/bb...ect. And NONE of them caught on. And u were not around for the REAL days of melee so yea i understand why u think ec/wc melee is popular. ROFL u dont know any better.

EDIT: i added pics to the front page

Xyro77

P4/brlink

please dont turn this thread into a dumb melee or project melee convo. take that crap to the trash can.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I have no intention to, but I do take it personally when someone puts down something I like, just throwing that out there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He didn't run the Melee part, so he wouldn't know. Lee won...that is all he knows. You need to ask the Melee people who placed where.

Smoom77

Smash Master
2: Lee: When we had to play you and razer in teams, pretty scary stuff. You guys impress me every day.
4: Trela: <--The best
5: DEHFlon92(ozz): I felt bad that we didn't really talk. I should have gotten in some matches with you for the Marth mu. Also that glidetoss down>pivot grab against Gnes was so amazing. You're a really smart player. :)
5: Fliphop: xD, the ledge tech to reverse upb was so good
7: FK: ! I wanted to play you but I didn't find a chance. We played once on aib, but not definitely not enough.
7: Illmatic: Your peach is so good, we need to play ICs vs peach/ dittos. I love a good peach ditto.
9: Avoid: Nice job with Illmatic! I wish you coulda stayed so Allan and I could have played you two in teams.
13: RT: -cries- RC match was great/gross. The donut... >_>
13: Panty: Great matches! I played way too aggressive at times, and you could counter me for that. Good job :)
13: Tree: Wanna do a fox ics MM? ;]
17: Smoooom==:popo:/:dedede:: You're not very good at singles.
25: P4: I guess Marth could help you with spacing, but you just need a new controller. LEGIT controller johns isn't an excuse to stop singles.
25: Yosh: Oh gosh, your Yoshi makes me so nervous. Our sets are always so close. I forget, did you CP Delfino in the second match?
25: Leaf: Eaten those chocolate-covered oranges yet?
25: Ran: Fun talking with you, you're a great guy!
33: Xyro: :) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :)
33: KRD: Very good set vs Kuro. Super fun watching yall.

Imo, best hobo yet. I can't wait till September!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
1: Gnes: Good job, hope to get some friendlies in next time.
2: Lee: You're Mk is fun to watch good shiz.
3: Razer: Why you ducking me cabron?
4: Trela: You're on another level man, congrats man.
5: DEHFlon92(ozz): that glide toss pivot grab was too good, friendlies next time
5: Fliphopf: Yeah I need a lot of xp against diddy. Need to practice with nannas so I can put up a better fight.
7: FK: Nice job in tourney and fun friendlies, I adapt too slow.
7: Illmatic: Next time I want to play that legendary peach of yours.
9: Jerm: Friendlies next time, good stuff with Razer
9: Avoid: Friendlies next time.
9: Zori: Friendlies next time.
9: Gunman: Friendlies next time.
13: Denti: Nice friendlies, thanks to Jon I no longer hate that mu
13: RT: Friendlies next time, I played Trela's lucario. I wanna see whats yours is like.
13: Panty: You should practice your bad mu's and stop getting exposed in tourney.
13: Tree: Friendlies next time. That shiek is too sexy.
17: Vorgy: Friendlies next time.
17: Sync: Friendlies next time.
17: Smoooom: Close matches in tourney you had me scared a lot... need to work on spacing my back air more.
17: PJ: Friendlies next time.
17: Johrune: Friendlies next time.
17: V: Good matches
17: Omega2: Friendlies next time.
17: Gamma: Nice DK and fun team matches.
25: Bio: Good ZSS and fun team friendlies
25: P4: Quit beating yourself up! You're better than that.
25: Yosh: Awesome Yoshi, I was gonna ask to friendly but I was scared to get egg planked : / its great Arkansas travels so far.
25: Leaf: Its okay about teams man don't worry about it. xD It was fun playing with you
25: Alpha: Friendlies next time.
25: Kingdom: Friendlies next time.
25: Ran: Friendlies next time, I need that Marth xp.
25: JS: Friendlies next time.
33: Kirby: lol at GW green green dittos in tourney : P Hope to team with you someday. Double G&W is awesome
33: Tro: Friendlies next time.
33: NeoBattou: Nice cf and fun team friendlies. If you were to drop CF Marth would def. be a good choice.
33: Xyro: Thanks for the low tier friendlies, haven't been able to bring out Zelda or CF in a long time. Great tournament and I had a lot of fun at this one. Even if Austin scene dies I will continue to try and make it out to these.
33: Kamikaze: Friendlies next time.
33: KRD: Friendlies next time.
33: Kaden: Friendlies next time.
33: Omega1: Friendlies next time.
33: Battousai: Friendlies next time.
33: Tesh: Nice Sonic, Ganon, and PT man. Good stuff in team friendlies.
33: Diego: Friendlies next time.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
1: Gnes==Good job
2: Lee==Good job
3: Razer==Good job
4: Trela==GOOD job
5: Fliphop==Good friendlies
9: Avoid==Anytime, sorry my car was a mess
13: RT==****ing F-smash tipped and then you walked away.
13: Panty==I'm gonna work on my teams
25: P4==Rematch!
25: Leaf==I'm not surprised. Don't leave the controller there. Practice.
33: Xyro==Despite losing, your MM is my favorite one in the world, and I don't think I will ever have one any better than that one.

OoS people: Hanging out was cool, come back soon.
Everyone I played friendlies with, thanks. I loved every match that day.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Thanks for having another great HOBO! This was my third one and it was pretty beast. I hope to do better next time! Thanks for giving me a reason to practice guys. I hope I can get more friendlies in next time.

XxAlphaxXGhaxCrew

Smash Apprentice
Gnes=still wrecking with that diddy as always...
Razer=always legit to watch your snake...
Trela=lol lucario for top tier..
Ozz=man dude you could tell you were tired as **** towards the end..friendlies??
Fliphop=so when we hitting those diddy dittos.??
Illmatic=had a little trouble with the fox matchup huh.??? ill play you more fox...you down for more friendlies or what????
Jerm=friendlies.???
AvoiD=man dude i know i didnt get to play you but your still legit...we gots to play more next time...good talking to you...
Zori=friendlies???
Gunman=good job for your first local tourney man
Denti=friendlies
Rt=sorry about the name thing...my bad dude...
Panty=friendlies.???
Tree=your sheik=awesome!
Sync=your trash..lol jk see if you can come tuesday...
Smoom=always down for a friendly
PJ=you made a loser in the bracket but thanks for the TL tips and dittos...
Johrune=so glad to see another representing fox..good matches man...i still think your fox is better then mine..
Bio=im still crushed you beat me...but your zss is legit...good friendlies...
Leaf=friendlies.???
P4=friendlies.??
Ran=great fighting you first in the tourney..good marth man...
Kirby=dude your funny as ****...good matches with you...
Xyro=i still never got to face you but im always down for friendlies...great job with these tourneys...cant wait for the next one man...
Kamikaze=nice to know someone likes ike..great job man..even though you didnt even noticed you wavebounced with ikes uair...lulz XD
Kaden=man kid your getting so much better..and your so young...good friendlies man..nice...
Tesh=ok so i FINALLY got your sonic...thanks for the sonic xp...i needed it...and now next time it will be better...thanks for the friendlies...

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I would like to say that the HOBO's are the only Texas tournaments that I leave saying, "Well, I actually enjoyed that..."

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
1: Gnes== Mindblock erased!!
2: Lee== Spongebob lmao.
3: Razer== Glad to see you are punishing spotdodges with something other than rapid jab.
4: Trela== Aura madness!
5: Fliphop== You joined the choke on **** crew.
7: FK== Good stuff, Falco ***** ZS so hard though..ZSS has bad OOS options so it lets Falco do a lot of pressure up close, our set was fun though.
7: Illmatic== You vs Denti was a really fun set to watch.
9: Jerm== Timing out with TL is legitt
9: Avoid== Good stuff your well on your way
9: Zori== **** didn't really see you play or anything :/
13: RT== Thanks for the ride and practice!
13: Tree== Sheik and Fox? That aint melee
17: Vorgy== Haha fun wow talk
17: Smoooom== You tripped on the Rainbow cruise block while it was falling and died. Either that or you would've got timed out. Poor kid :(
17: PJ== Don't get frustrated mang
17: Johrune== Underestimated your fox, good stuff
25: P4== A break or switch in chars is what ya need
25: Alpha== haha Alpha Beta Omega Gamma crew
25: Ran== Good luck in your tourney man, wish I could make it
33: Xyro== Was good to see you were in a better mood than usual.
Esca - Funny as **** when your hai.
Jon - Good stuff in doubles. Do singles though too next time

Prob next tourney I'll go to will be the September hobo since I can never travel :/

EDIT: I lost to Gnes 2-1 and Razer 2-0 for anyone that cares

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Nah son. You've been camping me ever since you said you needed to back at that UoH tourney. I just made it harder for you to approach now :)

What did Anti post?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Gnes - You're insane man. I wish that I could play you. I've only fought you in low-tier doubles when you were teaming with Tallman and I was teaming with Trela. Next time, we have to do some friendlies so I can see how much **** you actually are.

Lee - Wish you didn't drop Lucario, but your MK is sick. Great job beating Razer like that, and we better play next time.

Razer - WE STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED EACH OTHER!!!! (well aside from those low-tier games like 8 months ago). But, seriously, good job in the tourney. The competition's getting crazy now.

Trela - I know you can get money next time. You're a hell of a player, and I'd love to fight you 1vs1 next time. Supposedly Lucario/Yoshi is 65:35, so expect you to **** me, but I won't make it easy on you =)

Ozz - Didn't get to play you this time, but I know your Falco's mad legit. Keep it up man.

Flip - Fun games. Wish that I could have played you a few more games. I think I'd get a lot better if I could just play you for like 30 minutes or an hour. Hope to see you next time.

FK - Nice job getting 7th man. I knew you'd do well after you 2-0ed me. Hope you are at more Hobos in the future cause I'd love to play you some more.

Illmatic - Great Peach man. If you want to learn the Yoshi match-up, just keep playing me, cause (hate to brag) you're probably not gonna find a better Yoshi to play against, so if you can beat me, you can beat 'em all.

Jerm - We gotta play... I need to get more TL practice after playing Hyro so much.

Zori - I really wanna play you man. I've never fought a good Olimar before, so I don't know what I need to watch out for. Hopefully next Hobo.

Denti - I think you were the Olimar that I played against that one match. If you are, wish we could have played some more. Your Olimar's legit.

RT - Quit beatin' up on Smoom :<

Tree - Nice job in the tourney man. Hope to play you some more next time.

Smooooo0om - You beat me yet again in tourney. Congrats man. I finally figured out what to do in the ICs match-up in the 3rd game, but it was too late. Hope to play you next time =)

PJ - Fun friendlies; hope to play you next time.

Johrune - This guy's trash. He loses to my Yoshi all the time =)

Omega2 - Your Sonic's a beast man. I watched you play against some Snake player and what you were doing was ridiculous. I hope you come to more Hobos cause I'd love to have a rivalry with you =)

Bio - Your Zero Suit is really good. Sorry I had to put you in losers first round. Hope you come to more Hobos =)

Yosh - Look at this trash Yoshi not even getting top 20 :<

Kirby - This isn't Galliga...

Batto - Fun matches man. Sorry I wasn't more conversational in our games. I was pretty tired at that point and my fingers were just kind of going on autopilot =P Come to the next Hobo and we can play a lot more friendlies =)

Tesh - Same as Batto. Wish we could have played more, but I was just so spent at that point that I was getting a headache just thinking about playing another match.

Xyro - BIIIIIIIIIITCH. Thank you for a wonderful tournament as always man. Can't wait to see our MM vids. I'm curious if you still think the MU is 65:35 or if it's a little more even (not 50:50 mind you, but maybe 60:40). As always, I'll stay in contact, and I hope to see you in 2 months =)

Champ - It was good seeing you again man. Take care of that leg =)

Anyone else - Either I didn't play you or I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but thank you for coming out. The tournament is SOOOOO much more fun when there are a lot of people. Seriously, if any of you are new to the Hobo experience, please keep coming out. It means a lot to Xyro and all of us out-of-staters to see lots of new faces and play lots of new people.

'V'

Smash Lord
This was a fun tourney and I'm glad that I came. Been out of tourney action for over a year now, but I'm still sorta decent. HOBO 12, baby!! lol

Good matches to all of those there. Hopefully I'll be better for next time.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
13: Tree== Sheik and Fox? That aint melee
True, it's not. We need to do some friendlies next time. Your Falco has changed SO much since the last I played it.

Tree - Nice job in the tourney man. Hope to play you some more next time.
Thanks, and it would be a pleasure to play you some more. Yoshi is too good to ignore.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bio- Great to finally meet you, we definitely need to team again. Thanks for doing all the work while I spam water gun. We just need more Rock Smash.

Yosh-We only played once but it was a fun, close match.

Xyro-Great event as usual. I've played vs you twice and you kill me in the most embarrassing ways. GGs

Denti-Match 2 on Pictochat made me smile. I honestly think it would have gone to time if I hadn't tripped into that fair (you were definitely gonna win though). I only played gay because the match-up is really scary (and I suck).

Ran-Crushed again. I was soooooooo close this time. I wonder if I could have taken you to game 3 now that you know sonic's little secret.

Alpha- Great fox once again, no fancy tricks to save me this time.

I'm forgetting alot of names here, but panty, leaf ,batto, omega(2 of you?) and anyone else I did all the doubles friendlies with- GGs, alot of crazy moments.

BTW Xyro I went all Pokemon Trainer in doubles, I went all sonic in singles.

Top Bottom