• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 26: Devry University Edition! FULL RESULTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow Trela beat Fliphop twice today. Dude is on a rampage these past few months.
Yah, **** you Flip 2-0'ing me ******.
Oh well we're even, lets see what goes down next time :D

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
So I guess I'll do shoutouts first.

AvoiD/Kuro: Man, close set! That C4 glitch was flipping weird! You could have cypher'd instead of detonating it because I pummeled you with my grab. I guess I kind of made up for Geasis, last year haha.

Player 4: Keep it cool man. You still had 2 fresh stocks to deal with.

Ozz: I'll do better next time, haha.

Omega (the sonic player) : Pretty nice games. Fun doubles matches too :p.

Gunman: I choked on my last stock. It won't happen next time.

Lee Martin: I know we didn't play any Brawl, but our Melee friendlies were fun :].

Sybawave: Melee :D.

EDIT:
I don't know how I forgot these guys

Batou: Always fun to talk and play with. Thanks for cheering for me man.

Kirby: ^ same. Don't get ***** by Vorgy next time.

Guy on the skateboard: I wish I knew your name, man, sorry. Thanks a bunch for cheering for me and calling me a great Sheik player, it means a lot to me.

Johru(de/ne?): I probably should remember your name xD. Nice to see you and all.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Tree, I gave up after that Side B. I really didn't even wanna play the rest of the set, and to lose my stock as fast as I did with you at like 40% I didn't feel like chasing you all over Norfair to lose a slow painful match.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Had fun today...lots of trolling...lots of good times.

Shoutouts later.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Tree, I gave up after that Side B. I really didn't even wanna play the rest of the set, and to lose my stock as fast as I did with you at like 40% I didn't feel like chasing you all over Norfair to lose a slow painful match.
I completely understand. I've had a lot of suicides in tourney that just leave me hopeless. But pushing harder and trying even when I lost a stock because of my mistake is what has made me the player I am now.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah but it's not like I could make up for it that match, it was the end haha. I've just killed myself with Side B 3 tourneys in a row when they were all supposed to be Up-Bs and I would have won if it the Up-Bs worked but because of it I lose, I don't mind losing to people I just can't stand beating myself. I just can't take it anymore.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Everyone clap for Jon, he came down not expecting much and he got third in teams with Esca!

Yay jon!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I thought only Lee and Gnes split?

Wow Trela beat Fliphop twice today. Dude is on a rampage these past few months.
Every time Flip was about to win a game Trela would come back in 2 moves, aura madness haha. Each set went to last game last hit.

Shouts tomorrow

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Good stuff guys. Shoutouts will be out later..

Serious side note. I might take a REAL break from HOBO till MLG Dallas. At my current state I'm not improving any more and it requires me to practice which sure as hell I don't like doing. So this might be my last tourney till MLG Dallas. I'll see you guys at smashfests one day :O

-Ran

Smash Master
Then what happened ***?
Gnes and Lee had a super close set, then did a main swap set for Grand Finals. Lee 5-0'ed Razer during the tournament.

Serious side note. I might take a REAL break from HOBO till MLG Dallas. At my current state I'm not improving any more and it requires me to practice which sure as hell I don't like doing. So this might be my last tourney till MLG Dallas.
Seconded. I'm not playing up to my potential. It's incredibly frustrating to drive from New Orleans and then do horrible in matches due to choking for no reason what so ever. The good news, is there's no Hobo till September anyways.

Good games to everyone. I hope that I can enter beast mode one day. =/ Until I reach it though, it's all just empty self-delusions without a single accomplishment to back it up. I know I'm better than I've shown at Hobo, and even in my own state.

When MLG Dallas happens, no one is going to recognize me. <3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

Serious side note. I might take a REAL break from HOBO till MLG Dallas. At my current state I'm not improving any more and it requires me to practice which sure as hell I don't like doing. So this might be my last tourney till MLG Dallas. I'll see you guys at smashfests one day :O
Don't be gay.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea razer flat out EARNED 3rd place. Lee 2-0ed him in winners and then 3-0ed him in losers. Gnes/lee did a reverse main thing then split.

FULL RESULTS ARE UP!

Give a quick shout out to Illmatic for doing **** good AGAIN. This guy is a wifi peach and hes beatin people like there is no difference.

Also, give a shoutout to Jon. This kid has only entered like 2 or 3 hobos and hes already gettig 3rd place in teams with.......OLIMAR. GOOD JOB ya wimp!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Ummm what happened to you and roy r teaming?

What the happen to ROY R (The hero)? I didnt even see him at all meaning didnt even come late or anything?:urg:

Shoutouts to everybody who came down here even in the rain. ****, gnes is the new razor. wowsers. Razer, time to get in that training mode to start defending you title.

P4 and others I didnt do my money matches, my bad. I was hella busy trying to run 3 tournament and make sure everything was ran on time. I promise I will play our matches at a fest or cali vs texas 2/sept 4. Xyro will be creating the thread real soon.

Devry: Thank you for sponsoring the pot bonuses for brawl. It was much appreciated. We will discuss more sponsorship in the future.

If I missed anybody, my bad. Still hella tired and my feet hurt lol. Halla at yall later...

Xyro77

Speaking of that, if any characters are wrong on the front page, let me know and ill fix them. Can anybody help me out when the ones ive already missed?

Xyro77

Smoom also played as D3

Sync played as Snake.
Fixed.

I also uploaded results to AIB. Bracket should be up soon

Also, gnes is offically the best player in Houston. I also think he should be 2nd on the tx tier list.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

1: Gnes== You did your thang like always. Hopefully my pharmacy technician knowledge proved useful for you! Get better bro.
2: Lee== We played 1 stock thats all. /hate
3: Razer== We never play you ***.
4: Trela==
Amazing Lucario man. You beat me 5 matches and I won 3. I'm not clutch any more. Keep it up!
5: Ozz==

5: Fliphop== You're stuck at the state where you don't practice and you still think you can win tournies. Won't happen buddy.
7: FK== You ***** us in teams.
7: Illmatic== GREAT SET BRO. Happy to see you again. We'll play again sometime.
9: Jerm== We didn't play. I love how you always positive you can beat the "Fliphop" match up :)
9: Avoid== Didn't face you bro.
9: Zori== Hope you had fun last night.
9: Gunman== Don't know?
13: Denti== Sorry we never face bro. You have to shake me and be like FRIENDLIES NOW.
13: RT==Time Crisis 2 Pro? Exciting
13: Panty== Great G&W. You just need to understand the match up thats all.
13: Tree==Taquitos please.
17: Vorgy== Good job beating me in teams.
17: Sync==Don't know
17: Smoooom==Amazing tech from spike to up b death.
17: PJ==Great matches man. Great to see ya with no hat :O
17: Johrune== Amazing Fox. Norfair was WTH
17: V==Didn't face you
17: Omega2= Didn't face you
17: Gamma==Didn't face you
25: Bio==Didn't face you
25: P4==We did great in teams bro. Pleasure of teaming with ya.
25: Yosh== Great friendlies. Intense as hell. Hope you liked the banana machine gun throwing.
25: Leaf== Great team matches bro!
25: Alpha==We never face but always a pleasure seeing you.
25: Kingdom== CHAMP you didn't bye! It was great seeing you
25: Ran== I saw you didn't say HI!. Sorry :(
25: JS== Dude you lost so much weight! Great matches looking good bro
33: Kirby==Didn't face you
33: Tro==Didn't face you
33: NeoBattou==Didn't face you
33: Xyro==:forfeit:Thanks for the tourney bro. I won't be showing up for a while. Thanks for running these amazing tournies.
33: Kamikaze==Didn't face you
33: KRD==First match wow. Pleasure facing you! Wolf match was hella fun. Sorry should've did Wolf Dittos. Next time k
33: Kaden==Didn't face you
33: Omega==Didn't face you
33: Battousai==Didn't face you
33: Tesh==Didn't face you
33: Diego==Didn't face you

Special Shoutout to ABDK and
for sponsoring this event. Until then I started off the massive shoutouts again :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Looks like P4 placed higher in singles than Xyro.

WHERE THE CINNAMON MATCH AT?!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
For Doubles, you should also put Jerm/AvoiD + Illmatic.

I played 3 matches in dubz with him. :( Then had to leave, but much appreciated for you guys allowing Jerm to replace.

Shoutouts in a few.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
1: Gnes== Always fun seeing you. Doubles matches were :\
3: Razer== Douchebaaaaaaag, seeing you play is always amazing. Good stuff.
4: Trela== Good stuff bro, keep it up, most hyped set vs. Fliphop!
5: DEHFlon92(ozz)== I swear your like a brother to me, thanks for looking out lmao. And good stuff, what happened to Marth?
5: Fliphop== Didn't talk to you, but good stuff.
7: Illmatic== Best Peach in Texas, good ****ing **** in singles, and thanks so much for teaming with me, sorry I had to leave early though. $5. :)
9: Jerm== Thanks for replacing me in doubles since I had to leave early.
9: Avoid== Step it up wifi scrub. Top 10 isn't bad though.
9: Zori== Olimar vs. Olimar? Can't wait to see it happen, fun games in dubz. :)
13: Denti== Read Zoris.
13: RT== 1-1 now RT. Ready for the next set. ;)
13: Tree== I did up B, then I blew up c4 that was stuck to you, tried to drop another, but went back to the animation of blowing up another c4 when another wasn't out. Lucky **** happens to you lol, but ggs.
17: Smoooom== I love you. Step it up, work on Lucario mu.
17: PJ== Fun games, TL is so ****ing annoying.
25: P4== Singles isn't your thing, stick to Doubles or other games like Allan said. Fun seeing you again.
25: Leaf== Thank you sooooo much for taking me home, I owe you. Pretty cool person, and work on your chaingrabs haha. Fun games.
25: Alpha== Always fun talking with you at tourneys bro, great to see you again.
33: Xyro== So when are you doing that Cinammon MM? YOU LOSTTTTTTTT. <3
33: KRD== lold3. You did good with no practice though.​

Also Xyro, Kadin used MK and Diego used Marth.

Top Bottom