• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 11(Houston,Tx)=112 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Wow I have like ****ing insomnia or something. No matter how tired I am, I can never ****ing sleep. Gay ****.

Shoutout time then:

First off, Amazing tourney Xyro. Things seemed to go really well for the most part. I had alot of fun. Hopefully San Angelo can come to a few more of these. Although I'm pretty sure we'll be missing the next one. Houston is such a far drive.... :( Ok now on to all the amazing players. :)

M2K - Too ****ing ****. I now understand why you are the best player period. I have alot to learn to get on your level man. Your somewhere else.

Azen - I never even played you. Dumbest thing I've done (or not done?) in smash. I HAVE to next time. Your too ****ing good.

Lee - I never played you those friendlies, I'm sorry! :( We had a couple. Your MK is better than mine. I'll catch up. ;) Dude those doubles matches were insane. Both sets every match. I hope you're going to OHSNAP. I'd love to play you there.

DMG - Way to rep Texas best outta us all man. Props on beating Azen! Your too good man. You're getting in the money next time! I guarantee it.

DSF - The banning thing after we counterpicked you was gay... You should NOT have been able to do that.

Roy - You got me again! You're too awesome. Ily. :D We're gonna keep this thing going. I'm getting you back at OHSNAP.

Edrees - Coolest new guy I met. You're an amazing player and person. All of our matches whether MM or teams was awesome. Sick nasty peach dude. Map props.

Hylian - Haha fun friendlies man. :D Don't ever hype me like that again. I dont care if I JV 4 stock everyone in tourney. XD I got my **** ***** in front of everyone.

KY - Holy ****!! You had me scared in the tourney dude. You were kicking my *** the whole time. Sorry about the poke ledge thing. XD Your pit is on some other ****.

Dojo - You suck. **** you!!

Infinity - Fun matches as always. :D You're badass dude. Can't wait to see GKrew again.

Santi - Bad *** **** dude. Playing each other 2nd round was weak ****.... We totally came back in teams bro. Broken Arrow!!!

Xyro - Amazing tournament man. You are a really good host. Keep it up. Thanks for the advice you posted. ^^ I did need to come back to earth.

Thien - You were too chill. :D Fun diddy match man. Get ready because Texas is coming full throttle to OHSNAP!!!

LeeHarris - Great seeing you as always man. You're too ****in funny. Great teams matches. Hope to see you at 2v2.

Ice - You're getting really good man. Keep it up. Great hanging with you bro. See you soon. :)
BEARR! - You're badass. 'Nuff said. No but really. Thanks for the housing and everything man. You're too chill of a guy.

BILLLYYYY WETTTT!! - :D Ily man. Haha I got you in tourney. XD Seems you did well anyways. You kicked my *** the night before on camera anyways. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Affinity - Fun matches man. We need to get in more next time. I can't wait to see you guys at OHSNAP. :)

Domo - More fun matches. You're a real chill guy. See you guys soon.

FOGOOOOoOoOoOoO - "Hey Cameron, **** you guy!" Hahaha everytime man. You got somethin new! You're my favorite person in the smash community man. All of G-Krew are like my brothers. I have so much fun around you guys and I can't wait to see ya'll again. See you soon bro.

I learned alot from this tourney. Mostly that I have a ways to go if I wanna compete with the very best. But that only inspires me to work harder. As should all of Texas. In all honesty we're not THAT far behind. Instead of all this rivalry thing we got going we needa unite and help each other become the best we can. Texas is a really good community and we have the potential to be the best. We all have to work at it together though.

Who the **** am I kidding. :laugh:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Edrees: I honestly didn't know who I was playing against first round of the tournament. After the first game BWETT leaned over and said "You know who you're playing against? Best Peach in the nation." and I'm like O.O Anyway ggs sir. Couldn't believe i sent you to loser and you made it so high in the bracket (deyjavu with MGC and Kosmos =))

@M2K: How do you like judgment to the face? Only time I got to play you was in teams. A shame. (also ignore the greengreens match as DK, never happened) first match was too close though.

@Azen: Thanks for the "Too good UTD Zac" quote!

@Everyone else: I'm still the underdog (haven't gotten any shoutouts yet) that wrecks your sh**. 2nd tournament and already placing decent.

Prepare for Jan 1st when the brackets won't be dominated by MK any longer. I'll be there, waiting...
=)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I had a BLAST at this tourney. So glad to finally meet everyone! Let's start. First of all, it seems like I accomplished one of my main goals and that was to show that Peach can be pretty **** good. I'm super happy about that. Let's move onto the shoutouts!

Azen - Great matches I had a lot of fun playing you!! You are such a smart player. I like how much fun you have while you play hahah. "NICE!"

M2K - You know the matchup wayyy too well..hehe. Your meta is so scary to me.

Dojo - Great to meet you too! You were chill too. Your meta is very good, that match on luigi's I had fun on.

Roy - Your marth is so good wow. Nice meeting you "hugo" and good job on your placing!

Sethlon - it was great meeting you and the surprise texas welcome there was tooo fun hahaha. Next time try falco, I wanted to see your amazing falco i'd been hearing about :(

Santi - I KNOW we didn't get to play any singles matches! That makes me sad. Oh well good stuff in teams and sorry about the ban-counterpick thing on Luigi's. Great meeting you though.

Hylian - You are a real cool guy! You don't look anything like that pic lMAO. Your gdubs is sooooo good wow.

Leeharris - DUDE ur ganon is pretty amazing. it was great meeting you "bro" hahaha. Great hanging out with you at the tourney.

Infinity - hehehe GGs. Yeah, I learned my lesson on brinstar, I wanted to try it out and see how it went, I think it might be good, lesson learned! ;D you are a really nice guy btw.

Xyro - We didn't get to play! But thanks for being such a great host and accomodating guy, appreciate everything.

Zori - WE DIDNT PLAY OUR MATCH!!! I'm super sad. I'm glad we finally got to meet though. Can I get a "staff didn't get to slay cuz the tourney was busy" badge by any chance?

UTD Zack - LOL dude, that's pretty funny ..heheh. But good games! Yeah, good matches..you are good! But yeah, after I lost, I played some friendlies to recollect myself and marched my way through losers ;D

Gea - Nice seeing you again!

Furbs - we love furbs, enough said for EVERYTHING you did for us you are SUPPPER cool and can't wait to see you in december.

I know a missed like 20 people but I'm tired and its bedtime. night.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
First major tournament I've been to since becoming active in the Dallas community. Had a blast. Thanks to Xyro and DugFinn for running a mostly smooth and very successful tourney.

Bear: Thanks again for the housing and all of the hospitality you showed to everyone. Falcon ditto money match next time we see each other, definitely.

DMG: The car rides were too ****ing funny. I'm still laughing thinking about some of the **** that was said between you, me, DPhat, Ice, and Shuz, or with Jack Kaiser and Phoenix on the way to PZ. Congrats on another high ranking finish, we need to actually play each other next time.

DoJo: Good job running our pool in a smooth manner. Got done the quickest, in fact. Thanks for the two losses. :p You're good man, don't sweat losing to two great players. Just learn from the experience. Nice meeting you and we'll probably see each other around.

RoyR: After playing you first round in the brackets, it's easy to see why you're one of the best. Seems like every time I got hit, it was a tipper. Good games.

Edrees: Absolutely destroyed me in losers. That Peach is too good. Thanks for understanding the controller issue I had at the start of the first match, and congrats on fighting all the way back up from losers for your high finish.

DMK: Nice meeting you and finally playing you in person. Good matches, although I still hate myself for not putting you away in that first game. :p

WOTTS: Epic set we had at Bear's, those were some fun games. Bad luck in the pools at the tourney though man, sorry about that.

Kansas guys: Good games with most of you, and props to KY for his Pit.

-Kado

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Here goes minee!

DrMarioKart- Some intense matches, fun having you as a pool leader. Since we ended off 1-1, we gotta finish it off sometime

TheiN- Love the diddy, very fun playing you friday. I forgot your crew members names, but shout out to them too! xD. At that guys dumb charizard

Trela- Nice Lurcaro, one of my favorite friendlies

Kown- I see your pit is improving, but I did get my revenge as I said =]

Santi- Ty for the olimar help, used it today, helped alot. And we do always get really close, especially that last friendly we had. I hope to play you in the actual singles tourny one day though

I know I'm forgetting some others, but if I remember, I'll edit. Fun tourny, pools ftw!, 3 meda's in your pool, ftl D:

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
vggs to all, though the only thing i ever did was 3 stock Hylians G&W in pools, then got knocked out. :ohwell: Anyways, here are the few shoutouts i have:

Bear- thank you for the housing and for the pika dittos. they were too good.

edreese and Azen- Thank you for taking the time to play some random person like me. I really learned a lot.

Xyro- Thank you for this awesome tourney. yeah kansas is so much trash. in that case since KY must be trash, the vast majority of the rest of TX is also trash. ;)

Im sorry if i forgot anyone, i am dead tired after a 9 hour drive home. I am looking forward to seeing some of you guys at oh snap.

EDIT: for the characters played, nynja played diddy and zeton was fox.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
OH SNAP! OH SNAP! OH SNAP! OH SNAP! OH SNAP! OH SNAP! OH SNAP!

Seriously, guys - I will be making a full, concerted effort with TGM and Affinity (who is currently my liaison with Kansas) in order to make this upcoming OH SNAP! as well as future installments a companion event to TGM's amazing HOBO series. It will be less frequent, for sure, but I will be definitely planning in conjunction with him in order to really boost our region to the forefront of national activity. I'm really interested in organize something with the other states' top TOs in order to get something off the ground (i.e. a Southwest Circuit of some sort for next summer, perhaps?). It really all depends on locked-down out-of-state participation, but it can work.

Seriously, guys - this is an exciting and phenomenal time for our region at the moment. We can really blow this **** out of the water if we all work together. I hope I see you all at OH SNAP!.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I've competed in Texas before and played Hylian in tourny at FAST, and I agree that Texas is pretty good. How can there NOT be some good players when your population is that massive? XD

-Ran

Smash Master
I had fun, though I was tired for the whole thing. /john. I epic failed, and didn't even get out of Pools. Had some decent friendlies, and my main tournament fun came from the match with the Pitt that beat DSF or something like that in another tournament. After losing my first match against him, which effectively ruled me out of contention, I relaxed and beat the crap out of him. =D

In other news, the Venue was waaaaaaaaaay too loud. I had a constant headache anytime I stayed inside for more than ten minutes. Piping announcements to every speaker was FOR THE FAIL. Then whoever had the great idea of piping the Meta Knight vs Meta Knight dittos [also known as the finals] through the entire building needs to be shot. I would have played more friendlies, but I spent most of the time either walking aimlessly outside, or sleeping in Pierre's car.

Overall, Texas Smash >>>>>>>>> Louisiana Smash, aside from the fact that we have Lee, Sudai and Cyphus. We don't draw enough good people here, and so our match up knowledge is pretty poor. The tournament was the first time that I fought Peach, much less a great one [Socal one.] Just yea, I'm going to work on improving the LA Smash scene, especially since people now know that they have Lee here. I'm sure people are going to travel just to come play him. =p Six hours for someone that can force Azen into a Meta Knight ditto?

Yea, that's what I thought.

PS: At least I had Sachi with me. <3 Aka, the Super fine girl in the green shirt.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've competed in Texas before and played Hylian in tourny at FAST, and I agree that Texas is pretty good. How can there NOT be some good players when your population is that massive? XD
You should come again. We have gotten soooo much better :). T-rex has placed 33rd for two tournaments in a row now lol. And I am so happy with how much I've improved since FAST. M2K played me at fast and said I wasn't very good and now he says I'm the best GW he has ever played >_>.

Hobo12 maybe? :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What happened to T-Rex? He seems really inconsistent. Mr. 3000 getting 13th with Sonic is pretty good, though. Does PozerWolf still play?

I obviously got a lot better, too. I beat Atomsk, NinjaLink, and Bum yesterday and won teams against NinjaLink and Bum with Atomsk as my partner. It was awesome that you guys had M2K stealing your money instead of mine. :)

I'll come to HOBO 12...if M2K teams with me if he goes, or doesn't go so I can have a chance at money. Also, paying out top 5 is necessary for me, because if I don't win money I'd lose too much travelling there LOL. It's also a lot more fair.

Want to team if I come? :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What happened to T-Rex? He seems really inconsistent. Mr. 3000 getting 13th with Sonic is pretty good, though. Does PozerWolf still play?

I obviously got a lot better, too. I beat Atomsk, NinjaLink, and Bum yesterday and won teams against NinjaLink and Bum with Atomsk as my partner. It was awesome that you guys had M2K stealing your money instead of mine. :)

I'll come to HOBO 12...if M2K teams with me if he goes, or doesn't go so I can have a chance at money. Also, paying out top 5 is necessary for me, because if I don't win money I'd lose too much travelling there LOL. It's also a lot more fair.

Want to team if I come? :)
Possibly. It depends on a lot though XD.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
i heard this tournament didnt even give m2k and azen a challenge.

lolz >.>

to bad i couldnt attend, u know...

i just cant afford to fly to tournaments =(

kown

Smash Lord

lolz >.>

roy r was competing (losing and winning) with m2k in friendlies....they just never played in the tourney. that would of been one epic match

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

lolz >.>

incorrect. royr was beatin azen in friendlies and DMG beat azen in tourney.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol 1 friendly where i died at 30 doesn't mean i would have lost in singles bracket, i find that extremely unlikely, marth is a much worse character than MK

Azen does better with lucario vs me, InfernoOmni, Plank, Forte, and Stiltz. Lee is the only exception to this rule, and 1 exception out of 6 people does not mean much. Azen told me this himself, and posted it in back room in the MK thread.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol 1 friendly where i died at 30 doesn't mean i would have lost in singles bracket, i find that extremely unlikely, marth is a much worse character than MK
then props to roy for maining marth

Bwett

Smash Ace
Time for my shoutouts:

Dojo - Omg dude. Your tournament mode is so different from friendlies. I should've picked Smashville instead of Norfair. That was my fault, but atleast I have those vids of me ****** you ;). In any case, you're too good dude. ***** me so hardcore that I feel unsatisfied in my performance lol.

Santi - Great matches as always. Super close as always. I'll pester Shuz until he gets our matches up.

Cake - Sucks that you were in my pool. Sucks even more that we tied for 3rd. But ya know, your fox is getting so good. You had me wondering whether I would really be able to get out of that pool. I did not want to play you for that spot cuz I thought I would lose. Too good...

M2K - You ***** my pool like I thought you would. You owned my Yoshi like I thought you would. Yep...lol

Swoll - Great friendlies dude. I'm glad to hear that I helped your Yoshi out. You're a pretty chill guy. If you're ever in Dallas, hit me up so we can get some more epic dittos.

Esca - I'm so glad that I got to play your Pit. I haven't been able to get any Pit practice since the game started so now I feel so much more prepared. Those were some intense matches.

Popertop - I'm sorry! Yoshi vs. Wario is so broken and I really felt bad that I kept catching those grabs to up smashes. I am quite impressed that you did so well under those situations. Good job, dude.

Affinity - Don't mess with Yoshi, beyotch! :D

Domo - You're a real chill guy and I like your MK. Good games, dude.

KY - You as well, thanks for the Pit practice.

Overall, there are too many Kansas people to reference to, but yall were all chill guys and really enjoyed hanging out with yall. You have some great players and I applaud your skill and diversity in the game. Dallas welcomes you at any time.

Nynja - *******, you made my pools that much harder lol. Great Diddy, dude. Good job with second in pools.

Pax - You have a great MK, it really surprised me that first game with how fast you killed me first stock. I'm just MK slayer, bad luck :(

Le Thien - Always great seeing you. I'm alittle sad we didn't get to chill at my place or at the tourney. I don't even remember how I died last stock but I feel unsatisfied as well. We will finish it at OH SNAP my friend. I still want to play KOS-MOS and Chuck Nasty so I guess we will reserve that for then, too.

MK's outside of Texas are freakin' amazing. I'm gonna have to try hard to prove that my Yoshi can hold up to yall. Next time, be prepared, I will devour you whole, this I promise.
There's more, but I'm drawing a blank.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity - Don't mess with Yoshi, beyotch! :D
:laugh: Yeah, your Yoshi is pretty beast. Sorry I was so tired Friday night after our 12hour car ride; I would've tried to get in a lot more friendlies in with you and everyone else.

I'm definitely looking forward to OH SNAP. See you there!

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Dang, I should've faced Nynja to see how KS faces up to TX in Diddys :(
The both of you share some slight commonalities, but but the one thing that I really took notice of is that you two pace your banana approaches very differently. I guess the next arena for us to really determine how well these dittos stack is for you to commit to joining the both of us at OH SNAP! in a few weeks, sucka. =)

Bwett

Smash Ace
:laugh: Yeah, your Yoshi is pretty beast. Sorry I was so tired Friday night after our 12hour car ride; I would've tried to get in a lot more friendlies in with you and everyone else.

I'm definitely looking forward to OH SNAP. See you there!
Yeah, I know you were pretty tired. Next time rest up before you face me that way we can be on level terms :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
the Both Of You Share Some Slight Commonalities, But But The One Thing That I Really Took Notice Of Is That You Two Pace Your Banana Approaches Very Differently. I Guess The Next Arena For Us To Really Determine How Well These Dittos Stack Is For You To Commit To Joining The Both Of Us At Oh Snap! In A Few Weeks, Sucka. =)

Me Too!! XD

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
One time i heard Dugfinn announce for "ninja versus T-rex" and perhaps the greatest and coolest image was painted into my head of a ninja fighting a T-rex. A guy can only dream.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Forget that FFA weak****. XD
I got owned hahaha.

I got you technically in that ditto though. :)
The 5 minute timer was still on. Who knows what woulda happened. :p
We'll see at OhSnap

Top Bottom