• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 11(Houston,Tx)=112 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I probably won't have the time to post shoutouts, but this tournament was a lot of fun. The singles was really boring (I just don't like singles :(), but those ****ing team matches were EPIC. DMG is ****ing clutch and amazing. 10 e-props to a great teammate. Brawl doubles gets me hot and sexy.

Thanks to the OOS players for coming. It was nice playing with Azen and M2K so much at Hylian's, but since we got so little sleep I was like hallucinating on the way home while you guys slept in the back :p. Word of advice to everyone: don't try to counterpick Azen. He ****ing plays everyone D:

Edrees, 10 e-props to you my friend. You're a cool dude and your Peach is amazing. I thought it was funny that people thought we looked like brothers :p

Now, for some thoughts on the tournament...

Singles was run very well at the beginning, but then it got really crappy during the bracket. The bracket, which should have taken half the length of pools, took probably twice as long as pools. Also, I know you guys said you seeded the doubles bracket, but I honestly think you didn't or you did it wrong. Me and DMG had to play infinity and utdzac first round when there were tons of noob teams beating each other up. 1 round after, we had to play royr and stiltz, then dojo and santi. People were complaining about having to play their local players in first round of doubles. I was pretty disappointed by how things were conducted for doubles considering that I think they are much more fun and worthwhile than singles.

It was fun as hell though! If MK ever gets banned, I will main Ganon and my balls will reign supreme.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hurray for Mr. 3000 and Burrito for representing my two mains!

But really, Meta Knight...?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They'll probably have the bracket on allisbrawl on a few days.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
A few things.... is the Lee that got 3rd the Lee from LA? I didn't know he still played Brawl. All I know is that he managed to win the Gamestop tournament championship.

Also, where are the team results?

Lastly, yeah I agree with that other guy, it should be more that top 3 pay out if these tournaments keep at about the same size.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Who did Azen play against DMG?
I dunno about their first set, but their second set in losers Azen played D3.

Shouuuuts

TGM: You were right. I'm probly just gonna stick with the bird.

DugFinn/TGM: Very nice tourney. It kinda does make sense to give money out to top 5, what with how many people are coming/pot size and how stiff the competition is.

Mr3000: Nice stuff with the sonic. Bummer we didn't get any matches in =/

Hylian: Eh, i think i was a bit overzealous in bashing brawl at whataburger. The game really gets to me sometimes, but playing against smart people is super fun. Good **** on the placing!

Lee Harris: Porque!?! Lol, i surely didn't expect our third match to go how it did. Way to suddenly turn into a beast.

M2k: The friendlies were super fun. I was looking away at first when you did the whole pause as your were hitting the balloon thing, but i lol'd pretty hard when i realized out what you did. Nicely done on firsts in both events. Stop being psychic, lol.

Azen: I thought I had your peach, lol. It was nice to finally get some games in with you.

Lee (the good one =P): Way to **** up on all my secondaries :( If I wasn't asleep by the end of the tourney (which I'm sure you noticed :dizzy:) I woulda tried to get some bird in.

DSF: We didn't get any matches in, but falco's gay, so you may have not wanted to, lol.

Edreese: Good stuff placing so high with peach. I need to get some matches in with you as the bird next time.

Le_Thien: The matches were fun. Looking forward to the oklahoma tourney :cool:

Kos-Mos: It was super cool to get matches in with you again. <3 over b spikes. You'll be at the oklahoma tourney, da?

Infinity: You pulled the whole "I'm not gonna let you hit the ground for like 2 stocks" thing that metaknights sometimes do that last match. Too good, sir.

Kailo: Playing at the hotel was lots of fun. Gabe's talking about coming to tournies again, so our Old Houston Scene club might get a little bigger.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lastly, yeah I agree with that other guy, it should be more that top 3 pay out if these tournaments keep at about the same size.
No. That makes no sense. That defeats the whole purpose of the tourney. With that logic, you could eventually move on to paying top 10/25/etc.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i do think top 5 should be paid though, but only if the top 3 pricings are only SLIGHTLY changed. 4th could get like 3% and 5th 2% or something *Shrug*
That's more fair than not paying, but it should be more than that for 4th and 5th.

Why would top 5 get paid....
MLG paid out top 8.

Large tournaments near me, hosted by known and respected TOs like me and Scar, always pay out top 5. Getting 5th or 4th at a huge tournament is extremely hard and deserves something.

That means you prefer money over fun/a good experience/getting better. Some people are not like that.
I prefer fairness. I don't like attending tournaments with unfair payouts and unfair rules.

No. That makes no sense. That defeats the whole purpose of the tourney. With that logic, you could eventually move on to paying top 10/25/etc.
Actually, it makes perfect sense. Top 3 is awesome for smaller events. Out of 112 people, however, getting just somewhere around 9th is like getting 1st at a smaller event and even forces you to play more matches. Larger events should pay out more players. Roy_R played amazingly and got 5th out of 112 players, yet he got $0. Extremely gay.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Now that i think about it. Paying out top 5 for BIG tournaments with OOS people seems logical, but nothing after 5th though.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Yeah. Top 8's are reserved for only the biggest tournaments who usually have some sponsers. After 8, it's kinda difficult because people tie for different places on a double elim bracket.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Ah, god, I'm so envious of you people. I used to live in TX, and I love brawl, and I'd have liked to meet people, lol. But I'm a scrub. Anyways, are vids gonna be up? Oh, did Dojo play M2k? I'd love to see that vid, lol.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Did anybody hear my anthem play before my match against DSF... haha too epic

Mini-Shoutouts

My Pool, thanks for making everything run smoothly. I would've liked the 3 match duel face off but its all good we all had fun.

Gar- NOBODY LIKES SWAT GTFO.. haha GGs bro I'll come to Rice soon..
Axxo- GGs dude, that random block spawn at Rainbow was too good
DSF- Haha, GGs bro, you totally destroyed my Diddy's pride at Frigate.
Edreese- Man your peach got me >_<; Next time next time :(
Furbs- Haha, thanks for introducing me to people, rep Yoshi man ahha.
Chuck Nasty- NASTYYYYYYYYY.. Haha, lets do teams on GB
Thien- Man our Diddy ditto was too insane. Big reps for both Diddy's getting 17th. Next time we'll get first for sure if we combine forces.
Kalo- We did just fine. TEAM AZEN M2K FTW
Xyro- Great tourney man

Everybody else GGs

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i didn't record my set with dojo (2 reasons: I usually play worse when people record me and since that's the case I don't want to be judged by youtube people, and the 2nd reason is that I don't want people to copy my stuff), but I beat him 2 stock mid/low % both games I think in the singles set, or something similar to that. Friendlies ranged from 1 to 3 stock, I won them. I think we played about 8 or so matches total.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
@ m2k: lol you left your airbrushed m2k shirt in my car, think it could give me crazy powers?

*shoutouts later*

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
i didn't record my set with dojo (2 reasons: I usually play worse when people record me and since that's the case I don't want to be judged by youtube people, and the 2nd reason is that I don't want people to copy my stuff), but I beat him 2 stock mid/low % both games I think in the singles set, or something similar to that. Friendlies ranged from 1 to 3 stock, I won them. I think we played about 8 or so matches total.
Were any matches recorded at all from this tourny?

-advent-

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yeah, I saved a match or two on the wii near the big samus statue thing, on that sofa to the right which I was playing on for like 2 hours right when I arrived (like 12 something to 2 PM I guess?). I don't know who's wii it was though. MK ditto and maybe something else was there. I'm always black MK.

null55

Smash Master
Not a fan of talking familiarly to people I don't know... but Sethlon... lol, wtf dude.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
we played i think 4 or 5 friendlies, i won them ranging from like (I'm not sure if this is right) 1 stock 80% to 2 stock 40% or something like that, although he won one of the games cuz of a dair spike, then i tried to forward B back on but i pressed up B and died when he was at like 120. That's all I remember from that. He's quite good, he does grab release to fair perfectly. I think Neo is a bit better, but he's still really good.

Zori

Smash Champion
Mew2King what did you think of me? The olimar playing azen and when you asked if it was the second match It wad the third! >_>

;-;

Trela

Smash Lord
yeah, I saved a match or two on the wii near the big samus statue thing, on that sofa to the right which I was playing on for like 2 hours right when I arrived (like 12 something to 2 PM I guess?). I don't know who's wii it was though. MK ditto and maybe something else was there. I'm always black MK.
Yeah. Yoll had some cool friendlies. I was the kid sitting next to Azen :lick:

You 2 have a really cool team combo, lol. Good going M2K!

Top Bottom