• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 11(Houston,Tx)=112 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This tourney happened on October 4th, 2008 at Planet Zero Arcade.
There were 20 pools of 5-6, top 3 advance. The people who did not make it out of pools are not mentioned.

Brawl 1vs1

1: M2K (meta)
2: Azen (lucario/meta)
3: Lee (meta)
4: DMG (wario
5: DSF (snake/meta)
5: Roy_R (marth)
7: Edrees (peach)
7: Hylian (GW/meta?)
9: Chuck (meta/pkmn)
9: Ky (pit)
9: Dojo (meta)
9: Magik (meta/pkmn)
13: Mr. 3000 (sonic/ddd)
13: Infinity (meta)
13: Ultamate Razor (snake)
13: Axe (wolf)
17: Fliphop (diddy)
17: Domo (meta)
17: UTD Zack (GW)
17: Dr. Mario Kart (meta)
17: Light
17: Santi (Tlink)
17: Xyro(SAMUS!!!)
17: Thien (diddy)
25: Nynja
25: Lee Harris (rob/meta)
25: Zori (olimar)
25: Ice (snake)
25: Kown (pit)
25: Affinity (meta)
25: Bad News Bear (pika/wolf)
25: Bwett (yoshi)
33: T-Rex (snake)
33: ArturitoBurrito (ike)
33: Kira (marth/snake
33: Bluejay (mario)
33: Kosmos (peach/ZS)
33: Vash (pit)
33: Kalo (marth/wolf)
33: Sethlon (falco)
33: Salocin (meta/fox)
33: Furbs (yoshi)
33: Carnage (meta)
33: Gar (falco/marth)
33: C.Y. (falco)
33: Dingding (link)
33: Broli (fox/marth)
33: Axxo (falco/meta)
49: Kado (falco)
49: Mr.Sir.Dr.Daddy
49: Chaddly
49: Zeton
49: Trela
49: Gea
49: Heytallman (lucas)
49: Sam388
49: Swoll (ganon)
49: Toast
49: Tuxedo Maniac (wario)
60-112=pool players who didnt make it out

Trela

Smash Lord
I gotta admit. This Tourney was fun. I had fun in the pool and with the friendlies. Here are some little shoutouts:

RoyR: Those 2 matches were really fun. I really wanted to Brawl you again, but I guess I didnt have the time to =(

Santi: Hardest friendly I have ever done. Good games. LOVE the Toon Link!

Azen and M2K: You and M2K are freaken funny! Also, i'm sorry we didnt get to do friendlies. I had a Bracket match, and whenever we DID actually try to play, the Disc messed up (M2K was all "ITS ALL YOUR FAULT AZEN!" lol). You 2 were awsome in teams!

Xyro: Thanks for such a fun Tourney. I'm looking forward to the next one!

=Trela=

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
**** texas....i didnt think they would go 1 and 2.

oh well, on a darker note...it seems that the metagame is going to revolve around meta knight.
Good going Hylian.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, seven Metas in top 12? That's more than half, how interesting...

Anyways, yeah. Pool times sucked. What sucks more is that not every pool had the same time limit. Ah well, it happens.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If i recall correctly. M2k walked out with 1058$ dollars for 1vs1 1st place. he also won teams so thats another 150-200ish(i cant remember exact amount).

EVERYBODY. go to my HOBOs

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
i dont like that you can ban neutrals, and the striking system is new to me, other then that the tourney was great!

That speaker was way too loud though...WAY too loud

kldtjiog

Smash Rookie
so i didn't get to enter the tourny because i had to leave early.
but i do want to make some shout outs to everyone i played in friendlies.

heytallman- the best lucas i know.
takeurlife- bro your marth was sick.
pipes - we had some fun matches
furbs- pretty good with those chain grabs.
fear - pretty good lucas as well.
stiltz - your mario was really good.
jerm!- best toon link i've seen.

as for me i was the noob using the pikachu and the occasional bowser and lucas.
and i was wearing an astros hat.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*sigh* too bad I didn't get to stay for the tourny even though I made it out of pools lol.

*copy pasta my shoutouts from the Houston thread*

My mom unfortunately was stubborn so she came to pick me up at around 6:30 x.x At least I came in 2nd in my pools group though. I got put in a pretty cool group.

Fliphopper: Your Diddy was too epic! You won 10/10 of your matches, and two stocked me in both of my matches against you lol. Best Diddy ever.

Axxo: Your Falco was too hard for me to fight x.x I have absolutely no clue why I picked Pit against you in one match lol, though I did start making a comeback in that match, wasn't enough for the win though. When we had that tiebreaker match, I had to make sure you didn't use falco lol, so since you told me you always use MK against Ice Climbers, I picked Ice Climbers to make you switch to him :p then I switched to Sheik. Lost the first match unfortunately, but at least I won the next, then used Ice Climbers in match 3. Too bad about the timer being what decided the winner, that was a close match too. I just had to take advantage of the timer at the end and spam blizzard to keep you more dammaged than me lol.

Rocket Trainer: Yowch. Your Lucario was pretty tough to fight, but you kept managing to come up short on your matches, and you lost two of them due to the timer.

Esca: Why did you forfiet against me? o.O Did the cinnamon match have that much of an impact? o.o

Xyro: Awesome tournament, best one yet. We should get you to trash talk in matches more often, too good!

All the people that watched the cinnamon match between me and Esca: Thanks for making those matches so intense and epic with all of your trash talking. It was too good.

Furbs: Did you get crazier since the last tournament? xD. Glad to hear you found your car keys.

Too bad I had to leave so early, but man, I had fun. I'm glad to have gotten 2nd place in my pool group, it was tough. Looks like I'm getting better. I just need to drop a few characters lol.

heytallman

CTALL
Fun tournament, I was the highest placing Lucas there, YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Pools went really well, my pool ran smoothly, and I'd like to thank everyone in my pool for staying put and not randomly walking away. I'm glad I didn't have to DQ anyone (but I would have if I had to). When it got to the main bracket though, I didn't do so well. Since Xyro wanted us to post this:

Liked: Doing well in pools, playing friendlies, meeting Azen, talking **** during M2K's match with DSF

Disliked: Salocin. Picks MK on 3rd game cause he couldn't handle the Lucas. Please cease existing.

SHOUT OUT TIME:

My pool: You were awesome, thanks for making me not look like an epic failure as a pool leader.

Azen: It was really cool getting to talk to you for a minute before I left. You are a really nice guy, and I hope you had fun here. Please come back for another tournament here sometime.

KRD: Kudos on winning that cinnamon match. It was VERY epic, IMO. Also, I got my revenge in random char MM's, beating you with SHEIK of all characters.

Pipes: We need to play more pokemans. Also, take off your ****ing tie.

BadNewsBear: It was cool to finally meet you, we need to play more next time.

Esca: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWllzGRhAWE

takeurlife: Sorry things didn't go so well for you in pools, MK sucks.

DugFinn: It was cool finally talking with you other than asking you who I play next in bracket or if I have a bye. Bring your pokemans next time!

Gea: Gea DI ftw! That doubles match on Japes was TOO epic.

gner: lol gner. Too bad you couldnt make it for singles.

RT: Sucks that you didn't make it out of pools. Hope things go better next tournament, which they should.

Jeremy Feifer: Hot ****, you have gotten so much better, and you were ****** me at the LAST tournament!

DMG: Sorry for not bringing the Tall Man Chronicles, and congrats on beating Azen in winner's bracket.

Furbs: Riddle me this, riddle me that, you have gotten a lot better. good games in the friendlies.

kldtjiog: Glad you could make it for friendlies, sorry you couldn't enter the tournament.

Sethlon: It was good to finally meet you, at the hotel smashfest.

Stiltz: Sorry you weren't feeling well, man. Good to see you though, as always

Roy: I went even with you in pools. Watched you play a few, intense set vs Azen. We need to practice sometime.

CY: Eat that cinnamon, *****! Cool hanging out with you again, even though we didn't play many friendlies.

Xyro: Good tournament as always, and I had fun at the hotel Smashfest too. Can't wait for the next one!

Anyone I forgot: Sorry. I'll edit this post if I think of anyone.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
so i didn't get to enter the tourny because i had to leave early.
but i do want to make some shout outs to everyone i played in friendlies.

heytallman- the best lucas i know.
takeurlife- bro your marth was sick.
pipes - we had some fun matches
furbs- pretty good with those chain grabs.
fear - pretty good lucas as well.
stiltz - your mario was really good.
jerm!- best toon link i've seen.

as for me i was the noob using the pikachu and the occasional bowser and lucas.
and i was wearing an astros hat.
thanks, welcome to the community!

Gea

Smash Master
I'll expand on shoutouts as I go.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone in my pool. Off the top of my head Azen, Me (lol), Ozz, Kira, and V17 for staying around and ensuring that everything ran smoothly. I hope you guys didn't mind my constant joking. Definitely the nicest group I've ever ran pools for. Good job all of you, no one in our pool was bad. (PS Kira you suck <3 )

Ozz - I have no regrets about ruining your day.

Tallman - Thanks for cheering me on. Too good. GEA DI. I believe you now. I really do.

Gner - Best doubles partner ever.

Everyone we played in teams - We were really rusty, but no johns. We had fun and we'll get you all next time. I'd like to specifically bring up one match and say that **** I thought I was SO dead after that spine on Japes.

Edrees - We never got to finish our match. :< Thanks for repping Peach like nuts.

Chuck - Good **** getting ninth. Our GG match was ********. I'm happy I lost to such a good meta.

Sethlon - you got shafted by your seed as much as I did mine. Sorry man.

DSF/M2k/Azen/Edrees/ANYONE OOS - Thanks for coming down.

Furbs - I barely got to talk to you. lol your keys

Roy - Amazing as always. You almost had Azen both matches.

Jill - Thanks for coming ;) Glad you had fun

RT - :(

Nore - Whoo reppin Peach

Flip - My favorite gangsta.

And to everyone I missed right now. <3

Dojo

Smash Champion
So I got my **** wrecked hard....

M2K is too ****ing good. I had no chance. RoyR beasted me as well. I have ALOT to learn before I'll consider myself good at this game. :\

I had a blast overall. But this opened my eyes a little more. I'll post some shoutouts for you sexy *****es later.

Pipes

Smash Rookie
Wooo!
Shoutsies!!

First off:
Azen:Dude, Falcon dittos were so fun. Hope to see you at a later one, you're a fun guy.

M2K: Metaknight in friendlies with you = ****. My Falcon had no chance.

FlipHOP:Love watching your Diddy Kong play, too funny. And now you officially have the best Pokemanz trainorz in Houston.

Tallman: LOL at that guy in McDonalds. Fun Pokemon Battles, want a rematch at Hobo12.

Mexico: You actually attempted to Physically take off my tie. Kudos on the effort, best tie joke yet.

Kown: Lol At your name.

RT: You got screwed by the time limit. Seemed like every time I glance at our TV it said "TIME"

CY:You can breathe Fire from Cinnamon. Crazy.

Take: You need to tell me what the "Why are there so many ostriches?" thing is from. Driving me crazy.

Dugfinn:Friendlies were fun. Glad I got a chance to play you again. And FalconBall was crazy fun.

Pimpslap:It's Onii-chans turn to pay for lunch. And do you know who the two we were playing in teams were?

Sethlon: Hope to see you at the next one, but I get it if you don't go. Maybe if your schedule is free? Your one of the gang now.

Burrito!: Tell me when those matches are uploaded to U TUBE, and I had fun playing your Ike. Hope to see you again sometime, you were fun. And Don't mention the pools thing. It was either you or that nobody, so yeah. Of course I let you move on.

T-rex: Those Friendlies were fun, Hobo12, My Falcon WILL beat your Snake. I got hella close this time.

Keef wit da Teef: I <3 You.

Edrees: We never had a chance to do friendlies :'(

There's bound to be someone I'm forgetting, and I apologise for that.There was quite a bit of action going on.

CY

Smash Ace
fun tourament. pools was a nice, refreshing change. blah blah i owned in pools but i sucked a fat one in the brackets, geez.... oh well. venue was a little crowded and hard to get around but it was still a good time.

SHOUTOUTS:

allan: nicely run tournament, the hotel was a blast and you're funny as always. sweet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaUGCLRiG9A me eating cinnamon here thanks to you son. close matches, but this is my official challenge of a rematch at the next HOBO, ya *****!

takeur***: mk

RT: you get 3rd shout out because you gave me your drink when i was in need. <3 panda. needs more matches next time though.

esca: idk. cinnamon, etc etc

m2k: insert man you're too good remark here. we played and i didn't get 3 stocked, bam son.

bear: blah you didn't bring the 'rilla suits. sorry i couldn't hang in the tourney matches, wasn't in the mood for brawl at the moment. ;o we should of played more but oh well. you should def. pick up falco and start grabbin' some *****.

kown: lucky son. lol no but really good pit you've gotten better since last HOBO.

razer: wiimote

tallman: his last name is tallman, and he recorded my match. a good man, indeed.

keef: didn't get to play but, yeaaa

my pool players: get 2-0'd besides stiltz! ;o no but really i had a fun pool, gg guys.

stiltz: eh sorry you weren't feeling good or whatever, you still won our MM g.

roy_r/dmg: too ****ing good for TX. good **** guys.

burrito: didn't egt to play you in singles but we played a lot of doubles. best ike i have ever played, good stuff man. el paso ftw

pipes/nore/kalo: the 3 amigos! i swear you guys are like a posse. -_-

swoll: was fun playing against your yoshi, i respect you for using yoshi and actually being beastly with him. good ****.

fogo: was good talkin to you for a little bit. didn't get to play this tourney, next time for sure.

OOS people: thanks for showing up.

dphat: good marth, our MM could of gone either way. nice games

anyone important i'm missing i'm sorry :( i'll probably edit this later

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Anyways, just a few trivial errors i see.
Broly is spelled wrong
I only went metaknight for like two games i should be (pkmn / snake)

Props:
My pool - for alot of great matches and the pool leader stiltz for running it so well.
M2K- for Winning and playing alot of friendlies with the RGV, we really appreicated it.
Bwett - for winning the 3 way tie in his pool for 3rd place.
DSF - Thanks for the matches and teaching me so much about snake, all the things I learned from you I immediately added to my game.
DMG - ****.
Esca - Why does esca love brawl?
Vash - for beating M2K in friendlies
Hylian - GW too good, never though of using down b on cornerias arwings. Very ggs

Slops :
Boss - For not showing up with us to this tournament.
Pax - For being the best in the RGV but not making it out of pools ya scrub.
Chuck - WTF another pkmn trainer got 9th as well, wtf how did i not meet you.

Will update as i remember

Vids soon as they are uploaded

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This tournament was tons of fun :). It was also really fricking hard. The brackets were insane!!!!

M2K - I didn't sleep because of you! Thanks for coming man I had lots of fun playing you all night at my house and I learned a ton. Congrats on winning :).

Azen - Azeeennnn. Tooooo good :). You are insane with every character. I love it. Also you are a cool guy. I hope you had fun. Congrats on coming back from losers and ****** everyone :)!

Lee - LEEEEEE!!!! :). It was really fun teaming with you and we did pretty good :). You are amazing dude!!! I had tons of fun hanging out with you. Come back to texas some time <3.

DMG - Holy crap way to rep Texas :). Good **** beating Azen.

DSF - I never got to play you aside from teams...but uh..good teams matches I guess :).

Roy_R - You are such a beast!!! Good seeing you again :).

Edrees - We never did the back room FFA!!! :(. Oh well. You are a really cool guy :). Good stuff in the tournament, your peach is amazing.

Dojo - Ahhh why are you sooo good in teams?!?! XD. And you did good this tournament. You lost to M2K and Roy_R. Don't sweat it :).

Magik - Good games :). Wiimote? XD

Infinity - We never played :(.

Fliphop - OMG Diddy XD.

Dr. Mario Kart - For some reason people get mad when they lose to you. Those people need to learn to adapt lol. Good stuff.

Santi - M2K told me he thought you were one of the best in texas o.O.

Xyro - Tournament was really fun! Thanks!

Thien - Your diddy is rapppppe. That ditto you had with fliphop was INSANE XD. It was great meeting you and I had fun. See you in OK :).

Lee Harris - Lol sethlon lol meta.

Ice - GG's in pools

T-Rex - Gah I finally beat you!!!! XD

ArturitoBurrito - Sick Ike

Kosmos - We never got to play :(.

Vash - I know this guy :).

Kalo - Why was everyone watching you Falcon ditto Azen? lol

Sethlon - Dudddde. :(. I hope you had fun at least.

Furbs - Too good as always

Broli - Good teams games

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Where are Team results TGM?????

BentoBox

Smash Master

Enough Said.

Is there any chance we could see a layout of the brackets to see how things turned out for everyone?

Broly

Smash Lord
M2K *****

Thien ***** harder

DSF RAAAAPPPPEEESSSS TEH HARDEST

n ill change me name to Broli w/o the (y) lol

ggs all, i can still be best cripple to ever play smash

only downside was no Sammi T.T

Top Bottom