• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 11(Houston,Tx)=112 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

heytallman

CTALL
i did not play him, so i cannot form an opinion

i did not play you, so i cannot form an opinion

I am also now afraid to say anything not positive so you're all amazing
M2K what do you think about me? I talked **** before and after your matches with DSF, and tried to record one of your matches before you told everyone to not record. I was wearing a cool hat, if that helps form your opinion at all.

Trela

Smash Lord
the down tilt thing i figured out randomly on my own and told azen about it and it happened to work, it's quite good
ROFL. I wish those friendlies didn't end. They were so, so "Mindbottling".

By the way, were's Azen? Has he posted yet?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
were you the falco/MK in my pool? i'm CY btw.
Yeah that was me. And naw that olimar wasnt stiltz i played, guess it was some other guy. Yeah i dont do too well in agasint falco since I play snake and pkmn trainer as mains. Which is why im learning falco and MK. I didnt think you would take damage on purpose like I was doing in the falco dittos so i was pretty confident picking him. But you did, and I was relying on gimping you with chain grabs since i knew you were the stronger falco.

CY

Smash Ace
Yeah that was me. And naw that olimar wasnt stiltz i played, guess it was some other guy. Yeah i dont do too well in agasint falco since I play snake and pkmn trainer as mains. Which is why im learning falco and MK. I didnt think you would take damage on purpose like I was doing in the falco dittos so i was pretty confident picking him. But you did, and I was relying on gimping you with chain grabs since i knew you were the stronger falco.
yea, eh falco dittos are dirty either way. ;p

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Ha Sweet tourny, glad my pit still dropped some jaws :D But yeah alot of randomly good people this tournament =P and MK's thats new. All and all, beastly players glad to see the old melee pros. Was epic...but no shout outs to Vash =( only hylian

*shout outs to come*

po pimpus

Smash Ace
First off, thanks to BrandonBRP for housing Team Oklahoma. You were awesome and your Pikachu was already improving before we left. Sorry for the misfire finish in our last game...

Hey, Allan great job on running this thing. It was a HUGE effort, and all of Oklahoma was really impressed with your TO abilities.

Despite my heartbreaking tiebreaker in pools, I am really confident in my ability to play(and win) with Luigi amongst the backdrop of all those Metaknights...

There were soooo many awesome and cool *** people there, that a shout-out list would take decades, so if I don't mention you, don't sweat it.

I'm really glad I finally got to meet Azen!
Such a cool gent, really wish I could have gotten a few games in.

M2K was **** as usual. Congrats to you guys on winning teams and singles.

Edreese, love your Peach, wish I could have seen you and KOS-MOS go at it.

KY, awesome Pit! Our pool matches were so intense! Can't believe I won.
Can't wait to see you and the rest of Kansas in November.

Texas Top 15 PR: You all know who you are.

Hylian, wish we could've actually played a full match, I'll get you at OHSNAP.

Dojo, we need to play.

Santi, same as Dojo.

Bwett, I think you're going to lose that eating contest with SarsPirate.

Fogo, tough luck, man. I know how you feel.

The rest of you: Come to Oklahoma in November so I can play you all.

This tourney was great fun, I had a blast.

zaf

Smash Lord
So where is this totally amazingly cool thing that hylian does with zss that is changing the way she is to be played?

or did he not do it again

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I have shoutouts!

Hylian, Mr 3k, T-Rex, Royr, Stiltz - We really need to play some next time, getting lame not getting to play each other. You guys are still awesome though :p

Sethlon - Dude, your Falco is still super amazing and inspirational. I've got you pegged for winning the next Hobo, just so you know :p

Bear - Dude, muchos gracias for housing like half of Hobo.

Kansas guys - Too much! You guys were awesome!

Azen - "Texas is too good! - Azen" Easily one of the most fun people to play this game with dude. Super pro and super level-headed at the same time.

Edrees - I hope to play you some more some time dude, that set we had was super close. Also, don't counterpick Brinstar against Metaknight any more, lol.

DMG - I heard you beat some pro guy from the northeast. No biggie, but good job anyway :p

Dojo - Don't be so down dude, you're still one of if not THE best in Texas. We learned a lot this weekend, apply it and do better.

Everyone else I missed - You're all awesome!

Roy_R

Smash Apprentice
we played i think 4 or 5 friendlies, i won them ranging from like (I'm not sure if this is right) 1 stock 80% to 2 stock 40% or something like that, although he won one of the games cuz of a dair spike, then i tried to forward B back on but i pressed up B and died when he was at like 120. That's all I remember from that. He's quite good, he does grab release to fair perfectly. I think Neo is a bit better, but he's still really good.
we only played 3 games, i won the last one

i'll do shout outs later :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who did Azen play against DMG?
First set it was Lucario, Peach, then Lucario again. Second set in the loser's bracket he got me with Dedede and MK. He's too fun to play, I was honored to have the chance to play him period.

I will do my shout outs later and make it more in depth, but to the OOS people and anyone I played, I hope you guys had fun. I know I did :D

Santi

Smash Lord
SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M2K- Congrats on winning everything. Your too ****. I wish we played some more friendlies dude but hopefully you can make it down for other tournies.

Azen- Your Lucario made me cry. Ha its amazing man. I'm glad we got to play a few matches.

Edrees- Teams was fun. Your so chill and a cool guy. We didn't play singles at all =(

DMG- TL DITTOS?!?!? WHERE?!?!? you would win though cause your like..... da sh*t. Way to rep TX man. Did I mention that ily?

Dojo- you **** in teams cause your forced to pick up the slack from your teamate. Broken arrow ftw. Don't get so down, you only lost to like the best player in the galaxy..... the universe...

Roy_R- Im happy I finally got to play you, but I'm not lol. Your too good.

Bear- *hands the badge to bear for being the most bad*** and amazing and awesome and hairy and chill and greatest cherry coke protector in the world*

Cake- put your shirt on.. ily.

Jerm- We need to talk more on strats. Our matches are always close. Your have a really good TL.

Everyone in my pool - thank you guys for making everything go so smoothly.

Kansas- lmao. Yall guys are pretty legit. I'm glad I got in some matches with yall.

Hylian- young man. we need to play more. You placed really well this tourney. Good job bro. Must be nice to get secret m2k practice =) Teams was fun.

Lee Harris- double tech bomb jump ftw =) Your MK is getting scary

TGM- Your the greatest host in the world. Simple as that. Oh yea and greatest Samus =)

Fogo- "F*ck you guy" hahahah. Great as always hanging with you man.

Infinity- Great set at bears :D Get those pics up haha.

Billyyyyy Wett- kekee =) I wanna see videos. We had some super close games at bears. Dude awesome stuff making it out of your pool. That was a sick sick pool.

If I missed anyone.... *inserts tired johns*

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Shoutouts from Oklahoma!

We just rolled back into Norman a couple of hoursr ago, but I'm surprisingly not tired. The initial car ride down to Houston was something of a teeth-pulling experience (a little over eight hours) due to ******** Dallas rush hour and getting lost in Richmond for about 20 minutes, and the supposed 25-30 minute drive to Planet Zero turned into a nearly tournament-disqualifying two-hour affair thanks to some truly asinine construction traffic on Highway 6 and 59. And then we spent an extra 15 or so minutes groping around Westheimer looking for the god**** Whataburger that we weren't supposed to miss.

Fortunately, the tournament was pretty fun. =) I had an excellent time putting names to faces the entire 12 hours I was piddling around the venue. I got in most of the friendlies I wanted to play, and I ended up doing all right in my first major out-of-state tournament. So without further ado, here a few shoutouts:

Hylian
It was a pleasure to finally meet you after many sleepless nights playing on a ****ty-*** wi-fi connection. From the way my night was going, I wasn't sad or disappointed at all ultimately being eliminated by your supremely skilled Game & Watch. You definitely have superior knowledge of the game compared to me, and there are tons of things I still need to learn about that match-up, but I'll make sure I get away with at least one match at OH SNAP! in a few weeks. Pee Es: Your Diddy is terrible. XD

Infinity
'Preciate all the props and your supportive and affable nature in pools. I'm glad we ended up having to play our entertaining pools matches even though you kindly offered to split, and it's always fun and exciting to play with a genuinely skilled Meta Knight main, and one of the best in the state.

Bwett
Man, you really turned it on in our tournament match. I was legitimately scared of losing, and I had just about psychologically thrown in the towel when you racked me up to 84% on my second stock in the third match before you died. The pseudo-gimp/SD on your last stock was unfulfilling and anticlimactic, and it was pretty much obvious that both of us were just about to have a stroke from tourney fatigue at that point. Thanks for always being a great sport on either side of the match. You ain't the best Yoshi in the Milky Way for nothing. =)

Fogo
Hey, sorry again about the rough pools match-ups. I watched quite a bit of it since my pools were behind yours, and it just seemed like you ran into a wall of counter-characters. =) You seemed to take it pretty well, though, and I still had a good time shootin' the **** with you and the rest of Dallas with the few minutes we shared talking.

Sethlon
Thanks for giving me a taste of some pure, 100% technical Falco ***-beating. It was hella fun to play. Don't forget the sunscreen lotion in the back of Allan's truck in a few weeks. =)

FlipHop
I have to say that my first-ever Diddy ditto couldn't have been more appropriately tense, thrilling, or nail-biting. It had all sorts of swings and drama, but it was an excellent first-match primer for the rest of the day. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to throw down with the best Diddy in Texas.

Le Royale Nynja
I really had no idea Kansas was so talented. It was interesting and exciting surveying the different styles of the two most dominant Diddy mains present. Major props on that one sweet pools victory, by the way!

Ky
Seriously, Kansas is ****ing stacked. The first thing Chuck Nasty said to me after you pummeled me in our set was, "Dude, you act like you've never played a Pit before." I just always assumed Pit was a bratty pushover, but it's very clear to me I have to brush up on my match-up knowledge here. You don't have to be so disgustingly modest next time you beat me; I got owned and I fully acknowledge it. =) Your matches with Dojo were amazing, as well.

Affinity
I had a great time chatting with you fine Kansas folk at the tourney. Sorry we couldn't get a friendly in, but make sure you keep in touch with me throughout these next few weeks so I can make sure that all you guys as well as all of Texas get the appropriate housing you all need for OH SNAP!. I'm hella excited to see all you guys again.

Dojo
Loved watching your matches and seeing the undulated **** of your skill in the flesh intermittently throughout the night. Don't sweat the M2K face-offs too much; that guy is just flat-out amazing against everyone he plays. And the prospect of your fledgling Diddy being almost as good as the best that was present last night in span of weeks frightens the **** out of me. If all else fails, I think I'm just going to have to break your fingers.

Lee (The Good One)
I didn't really know you were "that guy from Louisiana" until the clarification that followed after that one match we played. =) Your ability to adapt mid-match is very impressive. Congrats on the convincing third-place finish.

Lee (Harris)
You are a glassy-eyed, sleep-deprived genetic freak. Free yourself from the shackles of butthole duct tape, and come to my ****ing tournament!

Broli
Ohmigod. You're ****ing amazing with Marth. He is technically my secondary, and you would have easily ***** the **** out of me in a ditto. I had difficult matches all night long, but this one definitely sticks out in my head as one of the most memorable. It was a thrill, my man.

Dr. Mario Guy
Sixteen?! Really? Wow. Congratulations on two back-to-back strong tournament showings at HOBO.

Santi
I'm utterly disappointed I didn't get to squeeze in any Toon Nasty action into the day, but hopefully this can be amended very, very soon. =) A pleasure meetin' ya!

Dr. Mario Kart
Jesus, Loser's Bracket was absolutely ********. We both lucked out. =)

Roy_R
I only got to watch one match with you against Hylian, but you demolished him (bwahaha). Hands down the best Marth I've ever had the opportunity to see live. Sorry I didn't get a chance to play you too, but I'm glad you're also considering coming up to Oklahoma in a few weeks. Make it happen, good sir!

Furbs
You are very cool. =) Can I raincheck ya on that Scooby match?

Stiltzskin
I wish we got a chance to play. I hope you don't sweat Brawl too much and come back full force in Oklahoma. It was fun chillin' with you and the other guys outside. =)

Esca
Thanks for the friendly challenges and giving me a chance to unwind and actually have some carefree fun with Brawl. You were very polite, and it was a refreshing change from having to deal with TO tool sheds like Xyro all night. See ya in OK, hopefully.

Azen
You are too chill, my friend. Think you and M2K would be interested in kicking back with a few brewskies up in Oklahoma after my OH SNAP! tournament in November?

M2K
Thanks for completing the out-of-state shutout by winning the gold. I always knew Texas sucked. =)

TGM
Dude, thank you for the hospitality and the boatload of work and effort you put into organizing and running this beast. The venue was kind of a cluster-**** at times, but that's something that was mostly out of your hands. There were a few timetable kinks here and there, but nothing that wasn't eventually ironed out. Thank you very much for all of your input and support for OH SNAP! v4.0, as well as your continued efforts to promote from within Texas. I'm genuinely blown away by amount of people who have confirmed or have shown interest, and it's thanks in large part to you. Looking forward to our $3K MM in a few weeks.

Pee Pee Es: Samus is trash (against my Diddy). PROVE ME WRONG (FC#: U-SUCK-AT-BRAWL-69).

Thanks for everyone else's name who I forgot playing in pools and brackets, and I appreciate all the kind requests for friendlies. Now that I've got my first major tourney under my belt, I think I will be better prepared for the next HOBO (travel- and competition-wise). I felt like my personal performance on the evening overall was on the overwhelming side, but I'm glad Oklahoma was able to represent well as a whole (Chuck Nasty tied for 9th, balliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin'!). Thanks again, guys. It was fun, gents!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This tournament was awesome, If all 150 people had gone it would have been very hard to get out of the pools.

Shout outs:

Xyro: thanks for housing me the 1st night I had a great time

Pipes: had a great time with you man and thanks again for letting me get to the brackets.

Nore: ditching school like me to go to a tournament.

Kalo: Another great funny guy.

Everyone who sneaked into the hilton with us: I had an awesome time, when I found out I was going to the be only El pason there I thought it was going to be awkward but you where all awesome. I want to go to Houston again but there school and all this other stuff.

dug fin: thanks for picking me up from the airport and giving me advice on starting tournaments over here in el paso. Thanks to you maybe people will travel here one day and take a look at all our brown vegetation.

Hylian &lee the bad one: good money matches I'm looking forward to doing more when I travel halfway across the country again.

Furbs: coming back to life and housing me the second time. We didn't get to play so next time I go there lets get some friendlies in.

Steeler66: great friendlies we had there's no PT here so fighting you was a good experience.

All of Houston: Everyone here was just awesome I really want to go back soon but once again theres all this stuff that I have to plan for when I travel. I either have to drive 10 hours or fly 42 according to allen. I'm definitely going to the tournament in easter to give some out of country representation maybe I'll be able to go sooner but defiantly to that one.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
OK before I do my shoutouts I have some input for Xyro.

The physical space that is planet zero was organized much better for this. Good job. Even though the turnout was far lower than expected, I think the couches/TVs/etc. were arranged better and it felt more open and well done. Nice hooking the speakers up to TV1 too and having all the premiere matches played there.

Pools.

I think the selection of pool leaders worked out fine. The way that was set up and started was OK.
There needs to be a little more clarification of modified rules for pools BEFORE we start and making sure that all pools are doing the exact same thing.

Now then. Considering that we set up the # of pools for 140 people, I think that it could have been readjusted FAR better when the turnout was lower.

Singles was run very well at the beginning, but then it got really crappy during the bracket. The bracket, which should have taken half the length of pools, took probably twice as long as pools.
If rather than reducing entrants per pool you just reduced number of pools, this and many other issues would have been easily fix'd. For instance, let's say instead of 20 pools of 5 or 6 we just did 16 pools of 7. Not only would that coincidentally disperse the pools perfectly evenly, but it would also balance the time between pool and bracket and make it more worthwhile. Your bracket would then have a nice even 48 entrants to work with, and far less scrubs in it. Not to mention more matches for everyone and every pool having an EQUAL number of players.

However, in addition to this, I believe half of the tournament or so would agree with me that the pools and bracket were NOT seeded very well. People were playing people from their own cities either in pool or VERY early on, and the level of skills varied GREATLY among pools. I think there needs to be (correct me if this was already done) AN ENTIRE (preferrably predetermined) COMMITTEE to seed the pools and brackets, not just you and or one or two other Houston people. Hate to call you out on this, but once again, your pool was pretty simple.

That is what I have to say about the tournament.

I was going to put shoutouts here but since I conveniently just F5'd myself and made a lot of them disappear, this will have to do. I'll edit or post again later.

DALLAS: WHOEVER WAS RECORDING IN THE BACK CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME A LINK TO THE SET BETWEEN ME AND BADNEWSBEAR WHEN IT GETS PUT UP? THANKS :D

Keef + Teef approves this message.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Shout outs to the entire community.

We should all be proud to have people like Xyro and DF in Houston. :chuckle:
Honestly, its your venue that take shalf the credit. Without Planet Zero.........HOBOs would not exist.

Why would top 5 get paid....
Be good enough to place top 3 or don't play.
i agree.....however. ill expand it to top 4 from here on out of the turn out is 100 or more

M2K ***** my face.
I learned I'm not good. :\
'Nuff said.
dojo. your very very good. Tx best metaknight. I think you just needed a reality check and now your back to normal. im proud to have you attend my events, i mean that!!!!

So where is this totally amazingly cool thing that hylian does with zss that is changing the way she is to be played?

or did he not do it again
HYLIAN HAS NO SECRET ZS TECH, MoRON!!!!!!

SHOUTSIES!!!!!!!!

M2k/Azen: i didnt get to play any of you because i was so busy but i am truly honored that you traveled ALL the way to HOUSTON,TX! I really hope you enjoyed your stay and i also hope that it was worth your while. You are welcome back ANY time you wish. Just contact us. Oh, the match you where you 2 stocked DSF's metaknight in like 1:10seconds, thanks for saving it on my wii. if you want the vid. PM me.

DMG- your simply are AWESOME. you defeated azen in tourney and royr AND you got 4th out of 112 people using WARIO. Your from waco...........theres nothing there and yet your so good........you have a gift.

Royr- The rust is gone i see. You know, your OFFICIALY the best player in tx now(no big deal to u though,eh?

Sethlon- trust me, ill never steer you wrong. Just focus on the bird and play as gay as possible. Trust me, they will play as gay as possible when they face you.....so why play nice?

Kown- is trash

Vash- do me

Lee Harris- remember these results while chatting in the sbr.

Infinity- You will NEVER play dallas/waco people again in my torunies....i am DEEPLY sorry that you had to fight your pals so early. it wont happen again.

Affinity- Kansas is TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really, thank you(and all of you kansas kats) for showing up. it means alot to me that you would fly all the way here and support my tournament. I hope you had a good time and i hope it was worth it. your welcome back same as azen and m2k are.

Lee(the good one)- I saw you win the GS tourney and i think i talked to you a bit on AIM. now that i finaly met you ive decided that you need to move to tx. forget louisiana and come over here.........PLEASE. WE WANT YOU!!!

Jeremy Fiefer- if my calculations are right.......which they always are......this is your 563rd tournament you say you will attend but dont. Thanks, B****!

OKLAHOMA- You guys are getting a long one. First of thank you for showing up. I finaly got to put names to faces(thein) and see some old ones too(killer kos and pimpin po). You guys did well also(even though you are trash). I PRAY that your 10 hour drive wasnt a waste and that you enjoyed/maybe even learned some things from HOBO11. I WILL go to ohsnapy 4 and i will help you guys out in anyway i can if you need it. I LOVE OKLAHOMA SMASH PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though your trash......

Pipes/kalo/nore- i cant go to tournies without you. i hope we are still doing this when we are in our 40s

TakeUrLife2- OMG!!!!! I accidently put you in a pool with 3 metaknights(ROFLMFAO) and i am sorry for that and it will never happen again. Next time you attend one of my events(assuming your healed from all of those tornados) you get in for free. And i understand your anger wth meta........have faith that the sbr will take action.

CY= ****ty falcos swallow cinnamon, son! But yea thanks for attending...you got WAY better than the last time we played......HOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Esca- either quit smash or learn to like cinnamon. This was your 2nd cinnamon challenge you lost......doesnt that tell you somthing? YOUR TRASH!!!!!! or you like to vomit.

KRD- i have never ever thought your shiek would have been good.........but once i saw esca vomit for a 2nd time......i take back all i have ever said about your shiek. thanks for making my day!

Hylian- thank you with helping me with pool math........obviously the players( well not takeyourlife2...ROFL) enjoyed thier pool. Your help was priceless!!!!

Dugfin- without your 15 tvs and your 20ish chairs and your help when caling out matches........hobo would have sucked hardcore. Your perfect!

Mr.3000- sonic is trash but yet his f-smash goes thru tornados? go figure!

T-rex-...........................yur letting me down.....WTF is going on man?

Stiltz- dont ever talk to me again. you let me/your city/your friends/an olimar down F*** you!

Xyro- OMFG! i played your samus and i have told all my friends about you. You are 10x better than that trashy TUDOR kid. Im so glad your in my state. would you do me?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hey, the tourney was friggin SWEET! I vote we do pools for every tourney from now on! Me and my friends did quite better at this one in comparison to the last. I made it out of pools with 7 wins and in 2nd place, and then won once in total in the brackets. My friend Salocin did the same, only he came out in 3rd from pools, not 2nd. Oh well, better than us not getting into the brackets at all, I guess. :\ My friend Axe did really well tho, won at least 3 times in brackets.
Shoutouts:

KRD: Epic win @ the cinnamon match! I'm so glad u won, I'd hate to see u...well...doing whatever u do when u eat a mouthful of what you're allergic to. xD Also, VERY nice getting 2nd in ur pool and VERY nice sheik and IC's! :D

Xyro: Good matches in brackets! Lol @ me doing like 5 times better every time i played u with link, but yea ur samus is too good, as ne1 in our pool would agree. xD

DMK: OUCH. MAN, that was sad on my part. xD I don't really have ne1 I can use who can stand up to a good MK. Then again, who does?

Pipes: LOL at the falcon pwnches and the epic spike on our 1st match. Low tier battle ftw! xD

Swoll: Well, looks like what they say about our matchup is true: link is a terror to yoshi. Nevertheless, u hav quite the swoll yoshi. Guess the name fits. :p

Burrito: LOLOL MAN the stages hated u today!!! Like, how many times did u get hit by the bombs on pirate ship? 7, maybe 8? xD Yea, if it wasn't for that series of unfortunate events, I wouldn't be surprised if ur Ike pummeled me.

Oh, and about all those MK's at the tourney...

When little kids go to sleep every night, they check their closet for the Boogeyman. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

When Chuck Norris goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for MK. :O

That's what all of my friends and I were thinking after this tourney. MK is just too good. x(

BE SMART LIKE ITALY AND BAN HIM PLOX!!!!!!!!

Edit: I think I'll make another shoutout post to every1 I played friendlies with, chatted with, etc. (This post's shoutouts are only for the ppl I played in tourney matches,) but I be tired, so yea, AWESOME tourney, peace out till the next one.

heytallman

CTALL
No shoutout for me, Xyro? That's cool, I thought of another one for you.

Xyro - I shut you the F up at McDonald's:

Xyro: Tallman, I've been meaning to talk to you about your name. You're tall, but you're not Rockettrainer tall or anything.
Me: Well, Tallman is just my last name.
Xyro: I don't believe you, prove it.
*I whip out my ID*
*Xyro is silent*

When will I shut you the F up next, ya *****?!?!?!

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
If rather than reducing entrants per pool you just reduced number of pools, this and many other issues would have been easily fix'd. For instance, let's say instead of 20 pools of 5 or 6 we just did 16 pools of 7. Not only would that coincidentally disperse the pools perfectly evenly, but it would also balance the time between pool and bracket and make it more worthwhile. Your bracket would then have a nice even 48 entrants to work with, and far less scrubs in it. Not to mention more matches for everyone and every pool having an EQUAL number of players.
When I told him 20 pools of 7, I meant just have enough pools to where you have a max of 7 matches. I just came up with that because he expected at least 140.

However, in addition to this, I believe half of the tournament or so would agree with me that the pools and bracket were NOT seeded very well. People were playing people from their own cities either in pool or VERY early on, and the level of skills varied GREATLY among pools. I think there needs to be (correct me if this was already done) AN ENTIRE (preferrably predetermined) COMMITTEE to seed the pools and brackets, not just you and or one or two other Houston people. Hate to call you out on this, but once again, your pool was pretty simple.
I agree. The DE bracket was apparently seeded off the pool results automatically in TIO, but most of it didn't make sense. Also, the pool seeding was awful. I know you guys said that you did seeding in doubles, but I genuinely don't believe you or you guys just did it completely wrong. People were playing others from their own cities first round, amazing teams playing other amazing teams first round, etc. I have suggested this before, but you should get more people to help you seed. That's what King Mosquito does and his tournaments are seeded far better than yours ever have been. It does seem quite odd that you always get a bye and many other don't. I look forward to seeing the brackets on this one though

Gea

Smash Master
Poor Sethlon got the shaft with his seed. I guess I did too since we were right next to each other and my first round was against Chuck (who is amazing).

That's the way these things go.

Oh, and as far as I know Xyro seeded pools pretty much himself to get the tournament started. We seperated all the people expected to get first in their pool... then beyond that he did it.

Also this is the second tournament in a row where I've had to go clarify people reporting invalid stuff or a match never being called for us. We magically dissapeared from bracket in doubles and when I went to go ask about it, our match we never played had been recorded. The other team never heard it called either.

Overall though it was a blast.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No shoutout for me, Xyro? That's cool, I thought of another one for you.

Xyro - I shut you the F up at McDonald's:

Xyro: Tallman, I've been meaning to talk to you about your name. You're tall, but you're not Rockettrainer tall or anything.
Me: Well, Tallman is just my last name.
Xyro: I don't believe you, prove it.
*I whip out my ID*
*Xyro is silent*

When will I shut you the F up next, ya *****?!?!?!

yea yea. it happens. i get it slammed in my face from time to time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got 3rd seed in my pool.

I got 7th.

Somethings wrong with that lol.

Top Bottom