• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
In light of the recent promotional art events between Osamu Tezuka's characters and Capcom, I felt like it'd be a good opportunity to actually give this a go - and learn more about Tezuka's work in the process! (With that in mind, if I make any mistakes when describing anyone on that side, I deeply apologise.)

TEZUKA SIDE:
  1. Atom is honestly an obvious pick to the point where if he wasn't here I think there would be riots in the streets. Jokes aside, he's well-suited to this role, and I think him having a rivalry with Mega Man would be fairly natural. As for how he'd fight, he'd use his various special abilities and his horsepower to be a surprisingly versatile jack-of-all-trades!
  2. Atlas is the only Tezuka character to double up on a franchise - namely Astro Boy - and whilst I did consider Pluto for this role, I quite like Atlas's continual battles and rivalry against Atom and think there's potential. Even beyond that, his use of an electrified sword gives him plenty of potential to be a unique and powerful combatant!
  3. Sapphire is another decently obvious pick as the protagonist of Princess Knight, with a sword-based moveset that should have a fancy, almost rapier-like quality to it. Think akin to sports like fencing!
  4. Black Jack is another decently obvious and popular pick, and I think he'd have a lot of potential using different medical equipment in combat - anything from scalpels to defibrillators! Honestly, it'd be funny to have him go up against Ryunosuke who'd comment on this technically breaking the Hippocratic Oath? That said, he'd also have Pinoko support him in the background, though she doesn't get involved in combat.
  5. Hosuke Sharaku is another decently obvious pick from The Three-Eyed One, though I'm not 100% sure how to handle him. It'd be neat to have him take off the bandage around his head prior to a match and then use his fantastical abilities throughout, so as to represent both of his sides.
  6. Hyakkimaru is an example of a difficult, but logical choice. Coming from Dororo, I originally had Dororo himself in this role, but given Hyakkimaru is generally the more popular character to begin with, I felt he'd be fun (perhaps with Dororo in a supporting role similar to Pinoko, but actually attacking once or twice in his own unique way.)
  7. Kimba/Leo is another obvious and iconic pick, this time from Jungle Emperor/Kimba the White Lion. I imagine his moveset would be a little odd, being that he's not humanoid, but he'd likely summon in some of his animal friends for some attacks to give him a little extra oomph.
  8. Rainbow Parakeet is a pretty cool character in my opinion, narrowly missing out on being one of the earliest manga characters who happen to be a phantom thief... a mere matter of weeks after Lupin III. That said, Rainbow Parakeet's theatre-based modus operandi would lend to a genuinely very unique moveset that could include elements from theatre as well as traditional phantom thief archetypes.
  9. Chocola was another interesting example of going with a side pick for variety's sake. Originally being the daughter of Don Dracula from his eponymous series, I felt that going with him might be a little formulaic, whereas Chocola (being a vampiric child!) would have a lot of unique potential that'd differentiate her from other picks.
  10. Rock Holmes is my first pick mainly chosen due to his relevance in the Star System, though given the nature of said system, he's usually fairly similar throughout. Whilst his origin is technically Rock Holmes: Boy Detective, I'd like to focus on giving him more of a James Bond-esque feel with a more grey characterisation than others, indicating he's from halfway between his more heroic interpretations in The Adventure of Rock and his ruthless villainy in Vampires and Alabaster.
  11. Shunsaku Ban, on the other hand, was an obvious candidate to include given he's effectively the icon of the Star System... who I also think would work better in a more traditional "detective" role. His intelligence, detective skills, and strong sense of justice would undoubtedly give him a pretty unique feel overall, and I think he'd honestly be another one of the few characters I think would be required in a game like this in a major role.
  12. Ambassador Magma was a difficult pick to justify, because whilst he's undoubtedly important and was massively influential on the "giant man-shaped things fighting" genre that'd eventually coalesce into genres like mecha, he is... big. Like, really big. Then again, he felt too important not to include, and he's a much-needed heavyweight. Think of him being a similar sort of size to MVC3's Sentinel, if not just a little bigger, but not as big as the giant characters in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
  13. Lemon Kid was a deeper cut but one I felt would be pretty fun. He's a gunslinger who formerly looked up to Melon Kid, before going down his own path of justice - and as a gunslinging cowboy, I think his moveset would be decently unique amongst the cast too! Not many notes on him to be honest, I just felt he'd be a fun inclusion that'd be a little unexpected.
  14. Son-Goku is another pick I felt was pretty logical - plus, this technically wouldn't be the first time an adaptation of Journey to the West got a character in a Capcom VS. game, hmm? That aside, he's got plenty of moveset potential with things like his staff, his cloud, and other parts of the original story and Tezuka's adaptation of it.
  15. Triton is our last pick, who I initially deliberated on, but eventually decided would be a lot of fun. Originally from Triton of the Sea, he's languished in relative obscurity, but has a lot of moveset potential given he fights with a trident and alongside sea animals. If we give him moves like that, plus some sort of ability to control water, we could easily take inspiration from Aquaman in the Injustice series or something like that!
A couple of notes: Phoenix acts as a prominent story character due to their ability to grant eternal life, though I'm not sure whether they'd be a boss. You can't play as them, however. I also felt it'd be in bad taste to include Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha) or Adolf Hitler, given both are real historical figures (one associated with religion, the other with genocide) - though I do think Tezuka himself could serve a fun role in the story somehow, given his history of self-inserting into his own works!

Also, I did momentarily consider Alabaster, but I feel like he would be a little... unsuited to this kind of game, given his method of killing? On the note of feeling ill-suited to the role, Unico's insistence on pacifism unless absolutely necessary feels unfitting to a fighting game. Oh, and lastly, Hyoutantsugi would feature throughout the game in random roles usually for comedy - but isn't playable as a character, which I think kind of reflects his role in Tezuka's works pretty well.

CAPCOM SIDE:
  1. Mega Man heads up this roster, which is perhaps a little odd given the apparent continual death of the series, but makes sense when you consider this is a Capcom vs. Tezuka game. Specifically, this is his classic form, so it'd take hints from his appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom and the Power Fighters series, as well as elements from throughout the classic series. Side note, but Roll would probably be a story character who'd appear a few times (perhaps alongside Uran!)
  2. Zero (MMZ) is perhaps an odd choice, but I think he'd work pretty well here. Whilst Proto Man or Bass might seem like the more obvious rival to (presumably) Atlas, I think Zero's MMZ form would lend to a decently unique moveset and some good story potential in relation to robot morals. Plus, his moveset has plenty of potential just beyond his Z-Saber and Z-Buster - given he's got access to a massive variety of weapons now!
  3. Ryu is here. Do I really need to say more? Okay, jokes aside, I did genuinely deliberate on whether to feature him in his Street Fighter 6 appearance or not, but eventually decided it'd actually be a good call for story purposes. He plays as you'd expect, though I'd like to add that he could have a lot of cool interactions with Hosuke due to them both sharing a dark power they try to suppress - with Ryu having succeeded on his journey.
  4. Chun-Li was also obvious, and also gets included in her Street Fighter 6 appearance, playing as you'd expect. Side note, but it'd be neat to have some other Street Fighter characters appear in some background roles or in the story - for instance, I can imagine it'd be really fun to have Crimson Viper passing on some intel to Rock or something!
  5. Dante was another obvious pick, but his specific appearance would be his Devil May Cry 5 look. I think he'd be cool to see here, but I'd play up his more laid-back personality for the sake of keeping him somewhat in keeping with this game's general feel.
  6. Jill Valentine felt like a good choice, being a police officer (giving her good interactions with Shunsuke Ban or Rock) as well as being a Resident Evil pick. As for why I didn't go with a villain like Nemesis T-Type or Albert Wesker, I felt that it'd be good to mostly keep this game's roster to heroes - akin to how it was handled in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. She felt like a good choice though, and I think she's got potential.
  7. Felyne is my pick from the Monster Hunter series, who I tend to gravitate a lot towards in these rosters, but do genuinely think would be a good choice. They're a reoccuring race from the very beginning to the point where they (beyond maybe Rathalos?) are arguably the mascot of the franchise.
  8. Oichi is my pick from Sengoku BASARA, who I felt could be interesting due to her whole demonic possession thing, her being technically a historical figure and therefore having potentially interesting interactions, and also having a really cool moveset with her dual naginata and demonic hands. Plus, the series is more popular in Japan anyway, and whilst I considered an Onimusha pick, I think Oichi is a good call given her inclusion in TEPPEN.
  9. Demitri is my Darkstalkers rep, chosen partially to play off the inclusion of Chocola, but also because I think the Midnight Bliss ability would honestly be pretty funny and oddly fitting in a game like this. Plus, he's arguably one of the faces of the franchise beyond Morrigan, and I'm not sure Morrigan's deliberate sex appeal would work too well in this kind of game.
  10. Ryunosuke Naruhodo is my Ace Attorney pick to play off Black Jack, who might be a little unexpected when you consider characters like Phoenix himself, maybe Apollo, or even someone more unusual like Franziska von Karma could work - but given his use of a sword, I think his ability to combine Phoenix's more unusual fighting style with some actual pedigree and training with a weapon would work pretty well. Plus, The Great Ace Attorney is admittedly a decently cool series to finally represent here - though yes, I did consider Herlock Sholmes.
  11. Arthur felt like a decently logical pick, being an arcade rep, another fun protagonist, and someone with a unique moveset whilst also potentially having some fun interactions (especially with Sapphire!) That aside, I also think his sense of chivalry and justice would play off some of Tezuka's characters really well, as would the inherent comedy in parts of the Ghosts 'n Goblins franchise.
  12. Strider Hiryu was a pick I felt was kind of logical for something like this, given he technically also originated from a manga! That aside, I do think he'd have a lot of potential on his own, being a decently iconic and well-liked Capcom character who'd have potential for decently unique interactions across the board. That being said, I came really close to including a different Strider character (Solo, perhaps?) but opted to stick with someone familiar.
  13. Hayato, on the other hand, is kind of my wild card of the roster - he's not new to the Capcom VS. series, featuring in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I think it'd be cool to try and include elements of Star Gladiator's gameplay into his moveset more fluidly this time around. That aside, I also think his space-faring swordsman archetype actually plays off well against characters like Magma or Atlas!
  14. Amaterasu feels like an obvious rival to Kimba/Leo, but also seems decently popular and unique as is, and generally has a lot of potential in a game like this to work with. I also think their nature as an aspect of a god could play into some interesting story interactions overall, which would be decently unique in my opinion!
  15. Shoma is my last pick, a representative for Rival Schools - and someone a little unexpected. That said, given Capcom's roster is mostly made up of adults, I felt like a school-age kid would be a good character to bring to the fold - and whilst Batsu, Akira, or maybe Kyosuke might seem more obvious, I think Shoma's use of a giant baseball bat as well as actual baseballs would give him an incredibly unique feeling and lend well to some fun interactions!
A couple of notes here too - I think it'd be good for Dr. Wily to be the main villain, perhaps hoping to capture Phoenix as a power source for the Wily Phoenix or something like that. That said, a number of Capcom characters can also appear in story roles - I've already mentioned characters like Roll and C. Viper, but Dr. Light and Dr. Ochanomizu would also likely play pretty big roles, and you could also include a number of other fun elements (such as, perhaps, the unlikely pairing of Dante and Demitri having to look after Chocola!) Also, I'd like to include Mobi-chan in a similar role to Hyoutantsugi as a reoccuring joke character somehow.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Also, not to double-post, but there's some interesting stuff going on in the Xbox Legends Creation Thread (which is currently working on stages for a 2004-released start to an Xbox fighting franchise!) With the fighting roster being finalised over there, I felt like it'd be fun to conceptualise what my own personal take on a similar project would be if it were just me working on it as opposed to various people (though, I do like what they've got going on over there!) That said, I also think this era specifically is the best argument against Microsoft having nowhere near enough of its own identity to really hold up its own franchise like this... because like I do agree, but this period of time does have some decent pulls you wouldn't otherwise see.

With all that in mind, I'm giving myself similar creative limitations - 16 characters, no more than 4 third-party picks, and a late-2004 release allowing any of Microsoft's subsidiaries from the period (but none from after this period.) Let's take a look!

Characters are colour-coded to indicate their status. Green characters are default picks, whereas Yellow characters are unlockable.
  1. Master Chief is an obvious headlining inclusion from the already-strong Halo franchise. That said, whilst there's a lot of ways to handle him, I'd like him to mostly be range-focused with a couple of melee strikes, but not the Energy Sword. Think of him being a little like Colonel Radec in PSASBR but actually good.
  2. Blinx is another character from an at-the-time relevant franchise and arguably acting as the other face of the Xbox, even if he wasn't as well-liked as Master Chief (and still isn't.) That said, fighting with a vacuum cleaner and the ability to control time itself lends to a really unique moveset, if I'm honest.
  3. Hero of Oakvale is the unnamed protagonist from Fable who, honestly, makes a lot of sense to include as well. Whilst he might fall into a fairly typical "RPG hero" archetype, his inspirations being from fairy tales as opposed to Japanese mythology gives him a fun and unique vibe overall.
  4. Nanashi is the unnamed protagonist from Phantom Dust (yes, Nanashi means "without a name" in Japanese.) Whilst his inclusion would be a little akin to Roy's in Melee, arriving in a game before it even releases overseas, Phantom Dust's combat and mechanics feel like they'd lend fantastically well to a game like this. Plus, Nanashi himself has a really cool design, and his abilities as an Esper could be really fun to play with!
  5. Joanna Dark is our first "acquired" rep, representing Rare as one of two characters to do so. I ended up choosing her over someone more recognisable like Banjo & Kazooie partially because she's got a lot of potential, but also because I think it'd help this game to forge a little more of its own identity in terms of Rare stuff beyond last-gen Nintendo content.
  6. Edison Trent is the protagonist of Freelancer, the sequel to Digital Anvil's Starlancer, and he'd honestly be a decently fun inclusion. Whilst he doesn't get much action outside his ship in the game, I think we could give him some space-age tech inspired by some of his equipment (like a jetpack, some gravity grenades, and so forth) and it'd all fit decently well.
  7. Ryo Hazuki is the protagonist of the Shenmue series, which got its second installment ported and enhanced for the Xbox in 2002. He's honestly a good fit, given he's our SEGA rep here (chosen over candidates like Beat or Orta due to the series' popularity and scale at the time), and has plenty of fighting potential given the mechanics from the original game could potentially be referenced here and there.
  8. Ryu Hayabusa is our second third-party pick, this time representing Koei-Tecmo. I'll admit I considered a character from Dead or Alive (given the third installment was a launch title and console exclusive for the platform), but with the reboot of Ninja Gaiden releasing in 2004, this felt like a good pick for a mix of nostalgia, promotion, and simply extending an olive branch to one of the more important third-party companies to provide support to the platform early on.
  9. Arbiter is our first unlockable fighter, being also from the Halo franchise. He'd fight predominantly using Covenant weapons, including the Energy Sword, the Plasma Rifle, and the Needler, and would differ pretty significantly from Master Chief in terms of gameplay. As for why he's here... I think it just makes sense, Halo's a big enough franchise to justify two inclusions, and whilst one of the evil pigs from Blinx 2 would be funny I don't think it'd be worth a roster spot.
  10. Brutus is one of the playable characters from Brute Force, a squad-based TPS. That said, whilst the game predominantly focuses on long-range weapons, having Brutus get in up close whilst also having decent ranged tools would work well to represent his design and personality in a unique way.
  11. Jack of Blades is the central antagonist of Fable, and whilst I will admit it's a newer franchise for having two characters, I do believe it to be warranted given his unique design, abilities, and playstyle (plus how generally well-recieved and major of a release it'd be for the timeframe.)
  12. Arkantos is the playable character from Age of Mythology, the spin-off from Age of Empires, who's mostly chosen because he has an actual name as well as the ability to use the weapons and skills of different mythological gods... which is honestly pretty awesome!
  13. Battletoads are chosen as the second Rare rep partially to act as Rare's "mascot" but also as a historical pick, plus they have plenty of potential being originally from a beat-em-up series to begin with. I say "Battletoads" because you'd be able to play as different ones depending on the alt you choose, and they'd have different voicelines in accordance with this (but identical movesets.)
  14. Tex Murphy is a bit of a wild-card, being the emponymous protagonist of the Tex Murphy adventure game series that had previously been exclusive to PC platforms (with the fifth game in the franchise, Overseer, being a Windows exclusive.) The franchise was owned by Access Software, later renamed to Salt Lake Games Studio when acquired, though they'd be sold off in 2005. Whilst they were originally bought to acquire the Links golf franchise... Tex is way more interesting, being a detective from a cyberpunk near-future interpretation of San Francisco.
  15. Sam Fisher is our third third-party pick, being from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - the sixth best-selling game on the Xbox platform! Not only this, but establishing good links with Western developers like Ubi Soft is probably a good call for around this time - and Sam himself has a lot of potential being from a stealth-based series, with anything from sticky grenades to smokescreens.
  16. Abe is our last pick, from the Oddworld franchise which had recently become an Xbox exclusive - an oddball pick, but someone who would bring a fascinatingly unique moveset to the table. On top of this, he'd be an unexpected but cool third-party pick who people might not have anticipated!
Other notes: franchises like Microsoft Flight Simulator would be represented through stages and the like. I'm mostly focusing on the roster here, which needs to have actual characters beyond "Plane".

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Fight out the Creeps
A fighting game involving characters and themes that may creep people out or contain creepy esthetician. Also features characters that deal with said themes
Mainly contains the ones I have seen

1.Luigi (Mario, particularly Luigi’s Mansion)
2.King Boo
3.Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
4.Samus (Metroid)
5.Ridley
6.Marx (Kirby)
7.Gengar (Pokémon)
8.Mewtwo
9.Lugia (Shadow Lugia as Alt)
10.Giratina
11.Hydreigon
12.Lusamine (Bewear, Mismagius and Milotic)
13.Dragapult
14.Giygas (Mother)
15.Infinite (Sonic)
16.Bayonetta (take a wild guess)
17.Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
18.Nemesis
19. Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
20.Zombie (Minecraft)
21.Spider Jockey
22.Zoglin
23.Huntress (Dead by Daylight)
24.George, Lizzie and Ralph (Rampage)
25.Preytor (War of the Monsters)
26.Stay Puft Marshmellow Man (Ghostbusters)
27.Slimer
28.Godzilla (take a wild guess)
29.King Ghidorah
30.Gigan
31.Biollante
32.Destoroyah
33.Gamera (take a wild guess)
34.Gyaos
35.Otachi (Pacific Rim)
36.Blue (Jurassic World)
37.Indominus Rex
38.Scorpius Rex
39.Kang and Kodos (the Simpsons)
40.Evil Stewie (Family Guy)
41.Mabel and Dipper (Gravity Falls)
42.Bill Cypher
43.Lord Hater (Wander Over Yonder)
44.Lord Dominator
45.Luz (Owl House)
46.Eda
47.Emperor Belos
48.Scratch and Molly (Ghost and Molly Mcgee)
49.Venom (Spider-Man)
50.Purple Man (Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes)
51.Ultron
52.Thanos (MCU)
53.Ren and Stimpy (take a wild guess)
54.Ickus, Krumm and Oblina (Aaah! Real Monsters)
55.Flying Dutchman (SpongeBob)
56.Zim (Invader Zim)
57.Danny Phantom (take a wild guess)
58.Vlad
59.Azula (Avatar the last Airbender franchise)
60.Amon
61.Lucy (Loud House)
62.Clover (Cloverfield)
63.Rhedosaurus (Beast from 20000 Fantoms)
64.Giant Ant (Them)
65.Bruce (Jaws)
66.Graboid (Tremors)
67.HIM (Powerpuff Girls)
68.Courage (Courage the Cowerdly Dog)
69.Katz
70.Scooby Doo and Shaggy (Scooby Doo)
71.Grim (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
72.Billy and Mandy
73.Hoss Delgado
74.Dracula
75.Flapjack (Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
76.Carrie (Gumball)
77.Gremlin (Gremlins)
78.Mr.Greene
79.Joker (Batman)
80.Raven (Teen Titans)
81.Slade
82.Ruby Gloom (self explanatory)

DLC
1.Vendetta (Making Fiends)
2.Simon (Castlevania)
3.Mike and Sully (Monsters Inc)
4.Kumonga (Godzilla)
5.Dark Samus (Metroid)
6.Splaat (Klasky Csupo)
7.Xenamorph (Aliens)

Note: some are include because their franchise features stuff that scares the audience (Courage and flapjack are examples), some due to characters doing scary things (Ren from Ren and Stimpy is a big offender), a few due to realism induced horror (Lusamine and Purple Man are those two examples) and the rest, cause they fit this type of game (from ghosts, skeletons, spiders, witches or even scary logos)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Funny to think frying pans seemed to be the 4th most common weapon in games after, swords, guns and fists so with that in mind there's something i've been meaning to do for a while now

i give you Frying Pan Fighters

1. Cook Kirby
  2. Princess Peach
  3. Paula (earthbound)
  4. Conker
  5. Sora with the grand chef keyblade
  6. Cooking Mama
  7. the guy from Fable
  8. Tace T. (paper mario)
  9. with Zess T. (thousand year door) as a clone
  10. Mr Game and Watch
  11. Arven (scarlet and violet)
  12. Franklyn (animal crossing)
  13. Ana (earthbound beginnings)
  14. Rinkah (fire emblem)
  15. El Fuerte (street fighter)
  16. Miis chef class
  17. Frank West (deadrising)
  18. Chum (splatoon)
  19. John (eastward)
  20. Chey Kyroo (dream drop distance)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Funny to think frying pans seemed to be the 4th most common weapon in games after, swords, guns and fists so with that in mind there's something i've been meaning to do for a while now

i give you Frying Pan Fighters

1. Cook Kirby
  2. Princess Peach
  3. Paula (earthbound)
  4. Conker
  5. Sora with the grand chef keyblade
  6. Cooking Mama
  7. the guy from Fable
  8. Tace T. (paper mario)
  9. with Zess T. (thousand year door) as a clone
  10. Mr Game and Watch
  11. Arven (scarlet and violet)
  12. Franklyn (animal crossing)
  13. Ana (earthbound beginnings)
  14. Rinkah (fire emblem)
  15. El Fuerte (street fighter)
  16. Miis chef class
  17. Frank West (deadrising)
  18. Chum (splatoon)
  19. John (eastward)
  20. Chey Kyroo (dream drop distance)
I never thought I'd see Chef Kyroo in one of these lists

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Guys, if I do reboot the YouTube x Kingdom Hearts idea, should I include Rooster Teeth content? Just asking because Wikipedia doesn't consider Rooster Teeth stuff like RWBY, Red vs Blue and Death Battle as YouTube shows.

Guys, if I do reboot the YouTube x Kingdom Hearts idea, should I include Rooster Teeth content? Just asking because Wikipedia doesn't consider Rooster Teeth stuff like RWBY, Red vs Blue and Death Battle as YouTube shows.
I've heard that Rooster Teeth is going to move their shows directly to their own website, but for all intents and purposes, I'd go ahead and include RWBY in this idea.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Sure, since they still are tchinally on Youtube in a way.

and don't forget Glitch productions stuff especially as one of their recent series has already gained millions of views. Also Eddsworld and Helluva Boss.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The mid-2000's in an alternate reality...

SpongeBob + Fairly Odd Parents: Shadow Showdown
Two worlds collide in this action-platformer!

A mysterious villain has fused the worlds of SpongeBob SquarePants and the Fairly Odd Parents, and armies of monsters have sprang up out of nowhere, wreaking havoc in both worlds! The only way to fix this is to collect the fragmented shards of the stolen Royal Crystal and bake a magic Fairy-versary muffin. Only our heroes can save both worlds before it's too late!
This game is a 3D platformer not unlike games like Super Mario 64. The shards of the Royal Crystal are the main collectible, of which you collect a certain number to advance to the next set of levels. Each level has a boss at the end, with a major boss in every three stages and a minor boss in each of the preceding two stages.

SpongeBob and Patrick have their own set amount of abilities and they slowly gain more over the course of the game. Meanwhile, Timmy has three contextual abilities for each level, and each contextual ability requires the characters to collect three emergency wish stars scattered at different points in the level.

You can find checkpoints scattered throughout a level that are stationed next to Imagination Boxes where you can either fast travel to checkpoints you’ve already been to or switch between SpongeBob, Patrick and Timmy. Cosmo & Wanda also have their own sub-levels within some levels that act as Star Fox lite.
  • SpongeBob
  • Timmy
  • Patrick
  • Cosmo & Wanda
Tutorial Levels
  • Stage 1: Fairly Disastrous (Fairy World)
  • Stage 2: Jellyfish Jamboree (Jellyfish Fields)
  • Stage 3: I See You! ...ZAP! (Downtown Bikini Bottom)
Main Levels
  • Stage 4: Take It on the Chin (Chincinatti x Mermalair)
  • Stage 5: Nighty Nightmare (Dad's Dream x SpongeBob's Dream)
  • Stage 6: Down in the Dumps (Dimmsdale Junkyard x Industrial Park)
  • Stage 7: The Great Esc-Ape (Ape Kingdom x Sandy’s Treedome)
  • Stage 8: Get a Clue (Oberon and Titania’s Castle x Flying Dutchman’s Ship)
  • Stage 9: Vicky Strikes Back (Yugopotamian Ship x Chum Bucket)
  • Final Stage: Shadow Showdown (Timmy’s House x SpongeBob’s House)
Major
  • Plankton (Stage 3)
  • Squidward (Stage 6)
  • Vicky (Stage 9)
  • Shadow King (final boss)
Minor
  • Crocker (Stage 1)
  • King Jellyfish (Stage 2)
  • H₂Olga (Stage 4)
  • Dad-Bot (Stage 5)
  • Wormy (Stage 7)
  • Flying Dutchman (Stage 8)
Enemies
  • SpongeBob's world
    • Jellyfish (stings you if you touch them)
    • Clam (eats you whole if you fall into their mouth, which kills you in one hit)
    • Anchovies
      • Anchovy (runs up and attacks you with their head)
      • Ham-Mer (slams a piece of ham that gets stuck)
      • Globber (shoots different liquid substances at you)
      • Spinner (spins around with a worm)
      • Peashooter (floats on a seahorse and spits peas at you)
      • Arf (sends worms at you)
      • Chuck (floats on a seahorse and chucks AOE bombs at the ground)
    • Flea (explodes if you hit it three times in succession, though it still dies in three hits if you do so sparingly)
    • Mantis (splits into four smaller bugs after being hit once)
    • Worm (burrows into the ground and alternates between biting you and spitting saliva, and burrows somewhere else if you get too close; in some cases, they can be used for puzzles)
    • Ghost Pirate (can only be hit when they become tangible)
  • Timmy's world
    • Green Elf (attacks with a rod)
    • Red Elf (attacks with a rod projectile)
    • Hydro Hippo (freezes you with a water projectile; ironically, they can only be destroyed by attacking after freezing them)
    • Suit (spins to attack and can only be destroyed by moths)
    • Tool Monster (clings to you and slowly chips off health)
    • Gorilla Soldier (if he spots you, a spear gets thrown at you)
    • Knight Armor (gets possessed by Ghost Pirates)
    • Yugopotamian Soldier (radios for help upon spotting you)
    • Yugopotamian Saucer (readies a laser if you get too close)
    • Yugopotamian Tubelet (you need to destroy all three of them or they’ll explode and regenerate)

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Playable character roster for a new Mario Platformer that's really focused on the characters. Each character has (at least slightly) different stats and/or abilities, with some more unique than others. Each character also has 6 different alt colors, with some even being model swaps.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Toad/Yellow Toad/Blue Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Yoshi (Not an Easy Mode)
  7. Birdo
  8. Rosalina
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Diddy Kong
  11. Wario
  12. Waluigi
  13. Captain Syrup
  14. Ashley
  15. Jimmy T.
  16. Penny
  17. Prince Peasley
  18. Vivian
  19. Goombario/Goombella (More of a generic goomba but with more theming and as a way to throw a bone to Paper Mario fans.)
  20. Kooper/Koops (Ditto)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kinda going for a similar idea to Baysha's new roster

Super Peach Princesses. Power-ups don't exist in this game, instead everyone has a power and weakness and the game uses a traditional life bar. Decided to stick to directly Mario-related characters (Sorry Penny and Dixie)
  1. Peach - Has a float, but goes through enemies she stomps instead of bouncing
  2. Daisy - Has a triple jump, but falls fast
  3. Rosalina - Exceptionally fast, but slippery
  4. Pauline - Can't defeat enemies at all, but heals her life bar when jumping over them.
  5. Toadette - Can pick up all enemies and not just shells, but that's the only way she can defeat enemies
  6. Yellow Toadette
  7. Red Toadette
  8. Birdo - Spits eggs to stand on or defeat enemies, but jumps low
  9. Black Birdo
  10. Green Birdo
  11. Blue Birdo
  12. Vivian - Can hide in the shadows and defeat foes by popping under them, but when she jumps her long tail leaves her vulnerable.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
download (2).png

A Shonen Jump roster. last row is DLC.

• MHA joins the big three in getting the most characters
  • Comedy characters are in
  • Shigarkai would have to be nerfed slighti y from canon
  • Nezuko gets her own spot, using her blood powers, she'd be a speedy character. I figured DS more than deserved a second rep but none of the villains really spoke to me
  • Senku fights from a distance using various inventions
  • I felt Chainsaw Man was big enough for a second rep, Power got the spot because Makima doesn't do enough fighting on screen
  • I considered a second JJK rep, likely Gojo, but he seemed too powerful, maybe in season 2
  • Cobra is this games retro pull, similar to Ryo in the last game
  • SXF isn't actually in the main shonen jump books but I figured it was iconic enough to include. Yor for the spot because I wanted something different and I figure she could be fun, Loid and Anya appear in her moveset
  • If I did a second DLC seaosn I would likely add another Bleach, HXH, YYH, DS and maybe JJK rep, Chihiro from Kagurabachi, Tsuna, Medaka or Toriko, and another retro
  • I toyed with a OPM rep, but Saitima himself in a fighting game doesn't sound very fun end it felt weird doing someone else

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
here is my Microsoft smash bros roster now that they bought activision
:ultbanjokazooie:GruntildaRash (Battletoads)Fulgore (Killer Instinct)Conker:ultsteve::ultzombie:Smiley (Minesweeper)Yeti (SkiFree)Clippy
Crash BandicootNeo CortexSpyroKaos (Skylanders)Tracer (Overwatch)Axel Steel (Guitar Hero)DiabloThrall (World of warcraft)Richtofen (Call of Duty)Tiffi (Candy Crush Saga)
Doom SlayerVault BoyDovahkiinChai (Hi-Fi Rush)Master Cheif (Halo)Arbiter (Halo)Marcus Fenix (Gears of wars)BlinxPitfall HarryOri

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I recently started into Super Robot Wars with SRW30 and I wanted to do my wishlist for what series and units I would like in the next game, I must admit I'm very new so probably this doesn't make sense or is quite bland but it's just for fun anyway. By the way I'll include some SRW OG chars but it's harder to me know them asides of those in SRW30 (at least from what I see of them until 3-1 that its the part where I'm) so I'm kinda more guiding for aesthetics there. Also I was thinking only in terms of units most likely a lot of these series would be unit only so yeaah. I'm also avoiding the upgrades like those of Gridman and Gurren Lagann.
SUPERROBOTWARSΦ
Mazinger Series
  • Mazinger Z (Infinity)
  • Great Mazinger (Infinity)
  • Mazinkaiser SKL
  • Grendizer U
Getter Robo Series
  • Getter Robo Devolution
  • Getter Robo Arc
  • Getter Dragon (Infinitism)
Mobile Suit Gundam
(Proobably the series with most
errors, I'm still waiting to have
time to watch MFGG and IBO)

• Aerial Gundam
  • Unicorn Gundam
  • Gundam Barbatos
  • Hi-Nu Gundam
  • Xi Gundam
Gunbuster
  • Gunbuster​
  • Great Gunbuster (Original Unit)​

Diebuster
  • Nono​
  • Dix Neuf​
  • Diebuster​
King of Braves GaoGaiGar
  • GaoGaiGo​
  • Final GaoGaiGar​
Rebuild of Evangelion
  • EVA-01​
  • EVA-08γ​
  • EVA-02α​
  • EVA 13​
Gun X Sword
  • Dann of Thursday​
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Gurren Lagann​
Code Geass
  • Guren Type Special​
  • Lancelot sIN​
  • Mahoroba Type-0​
Cross Ange
  • Vilkiss
  • Enryugo
GRIDMAN UNIVERSE
  • Gridman
  • Powered Zenon
  • Gridknight
  • Dynazenon
Knight's & Magic
  • Ikaruga
  • Tzendolimbe
  • Guair Custom
Tetsujin 28-go
  • Tetsujin 28-go
The Big O
  • Big O​
Voltes V
  • Voltes V​

DLC 1DLC 2DLC 3EXPANSION PASS
Majestic Prince
  • Red 5​
  • Blue 1​
  • Purple 2​
  • Rose 3​
  • Gold 4​
  • Black 6​
Shin Ultraman
  • Ultraman

Super Robot Wars OG
  • DyGenGuar​
  • Exexbein​
Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Gundam Calibarn
  • Gundam Phenex
Planet With
  • Sensei
FLCL
  • Canti​
Tekkaman
  • Tekkaman Blade​

Astroboy
  • Astroboy
Super Robot Wars OG
  • Huckebein MK II​
  • Thrudgelmir​
Code Geass
  • Gundam Wing Zero​
Promare
  • Lio de Galon​
Magic Knight Rayearth
  • Combined Rayearth​
Shin Godzilla
  • Shin Mecha-Godzilla (Original Unit)​
Super Robot Wars OG
  • Banpreios​
  • Garmraid​
Mobile Suit Gundam
  • God Gundam​
  • Gundam Astray​
Patlabor
  • Ingram​
Kotetsu Jeeg
  • Steel Jeeg​
Kakumeiki Valvrave
  • Valvrave I Hito​
Brave of the Sun: Fighbird
  • Great Fighbird​
Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger
  • Ohsama Gattai King-Ohger
  • Spider Kumonos
Mazinger Series
  • Mazin Emperor G
  • Mazinger ZERO (Infinitisim)​

By the way I know the Great Gunbuster exists in a manga but I listed it as an original unit cuz since the manga was cancelled it would be cool se a readaptation of the concept, maybe a reconstructed Gunbuster after Noriko and Amano came back to Earth or something similar.
Now that I did properly finish two games I was looking at this again. I think I can do this way better. I'll try to mantain it sensical even if in the end the thing is quite big, thought I wouldn't list all the units, instead I'll try to explain what I would like to do with each series.

Well I don't have a precise idea for a story or something, but I had a particular concept, and is when the overpowered giant robots are against us instead of at our disposition. An idea that was touched by some franchises like Getter Robo (The Emperor) or Mazinger (Zero), and in the same way others that while it isn't the robot the one against use perse, they are still involved in our destruction like Gurren Lagann (Spiral Nemesis), Evangelion (the Impacts) or Turn A Gundam (Moonlight Butterfly/Dark Century), so the story would be like Terminator moreso, with the protagonist been sent to the past to avoid this future.
  • Shin Mazinger ZERO/vs. Great General of Darkness: It would be finally time to adapt correctly the story of Mazinger Zero, thought of course, since there are more treats than just Zero, it would be necesary bend things a little, maybe Minerva X already helps the protagonist from the start and all of them enters into a loop of possibilities to find the one where we don't die. Personally I would love to see Zero use his adaptation powers to emulate stronger versions of moves that are exclusive of other versions of Mazinger, like Shin Mazinger's Big Bang Punch and 100 Rocket Punch Barrage or Mazinkaiser's Giganto Missile and Final Kaiser Blade, etc.
    • Alternatively we could still use the concept of previous games and make Zero a continuation of Shin Mazinger Z, this would give us a fully fleshed Koji as well as most of his cast, but with more shades of their versions in Zero.
    • Also alternatively use Mazinger ZERO Infinitism like how 30 added the Mazinkaiser Infinitism. The problem is that it would require more creative liberties, and honestly while I do like the movie and the model kit. I don't really see this working unless the participation of ZERO gets extremely dwarfed.
  • Getter Robo Arc/Devolution: I love Armageddon but let's be real, much like others this series needs a rest, the relevance of their story in the later games has been reduced a lot and so people is starting to get quite bored of it. So my proposals are three for make Getter Robo shine again.
    • Arc Only. Arc is a storyline of Getter Robo that people really wants to see adapted for a reason: Both the manga and the anime ends in cliffhangers, the manga in particular was for the sadly decease of the creator Ken Ishikawa, while the anime just expanded a little more in the story before leading to yet another cliffhanger. Considering how the story directly leads to the Getter Emperor I think it would be good try to give the story a proper end in an installment.
    • Devolution Only. I personally like Devolution more, mostly just for the mecha and how the story works more because it had a proper end. Devolution also has a big focus on the Emperor but it has one particular issue, and is the nature of the world. I ain't sure how they will adapt the fact that most of the story is developed in a virtual world, thought I do have a particular option aside of the easiest one of just make their world real from the start and say that the universal resets of Minerva X didn't affected the Fragment of the Emperor and instead it was collecting the data of all these loops or something.
    • BOTH. Ok hear me out these are quite some big spoilers for both series, but mostly Devolution:Let's just say that Arc!Jin Hayata was running the experiment of the fragment of the Emperor in secret as some sort of plan B against the Emperor. Then it comes the timeskip from Arc (that it would be a lot shorter here) where the Arc team fights against the Getter Ten but during the battle they are getting curmbstopped, meanwhile Jin was looking at the simulation to look to alternatives and then BAM, the Devolution team makes their way out of the simulation to help the Arc team. This would lead to make Devolution the end of Arc only changing a pair of things, particulary a very awesome option could be fuse the Arc with the Devolution Getter to have the Arc team as subpilots of the Devolution team as a nod to the real world Getter team joining to them in the end, and with that have the WITH THREE HEARTS AS ONE" WITH SIX HEARTS AS ONE" WITH SIXTH BILLION HEARTS AS ONE" CRY OUT! GETTEEEEEER CHANGEEEEEEE!
    • Also, would be good port the SRW DD's original Getter Noir team. Thought how it would work in the story may vary.
    • If the Infinitism Zero solution is choiced, maybe the Infinitism Getter Dragon isn't off the table.
  • Gundam Series:
    • Witch from Mercury: Okay G-Witch don't gives us too much about the whole "bad future where robots gets crazy" but maybe there it could be some play with the Aerial/Calibarn. And well, it's like 0 chance WoM gets ignored in the next SRW installment. And well, the games usually have some sub plots that while they ain't extremely important to the main story, they get more highlight and/or are more lenghty that other "fillers", especially if we go with the 30's storytelling. And well, even if our deal is the future, we can't overlook the problems of the present, right?
    • Mobile Fighter G Gundam: Chance of collide with other Gundam series? Sure. It did matter in the past? Nah. We have some options to make it fit, either being one of the multiple possibilities of the continuum shift or just make the Gundam Fight part of the sotry and in the future the tournament is cancelled making the world go into war again, apart of the Devil Gundam messing around.
    • Turn A Gundam: Not gonna lie I still don't watch Turn A, and so it's quite hard to me think in something asides of the infamous Moonlight Butterfly, chances are that it's a late game unit and the events of the story are only of a "future chapter" where the protagonist and their team are forced to go back to the worse future.
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Would be cool adapt the whole story this time, using the time travel for use the timeskip. The anti-spiral is an obvious endgame scenario but I would like to push it a little before the proper end because it was already done before. Unless there is a proper twist.
  • Rebuild of Evangelion: Similar to Gurren Lagann, we would adapt the whole story using the loops as the pertinent timeskips, this time also adapting 3.0+1.0. It could be fun have Gendo as the EVA-13 pilot too. Of course the ending will end being very different for the sake of the bigger plot, thought maybe the idea of the perfect world being one where everyone is normal caaaaaan be accepted in the end as the IF ending.
  • SSSS.DYNAZENON/GRIDMAN UNIVERSE: Gridman Universe actually has potential to be one of the main plots, thought maaybe due its nature as a movie and because Dynazenon still don't appear completely in a SRW game yet, maybe we can adapt Dynazenon in the early game, and later the story become the one in Universe. I can understand why other people would find it messy, but considering that the content of Dynazenon in Universe is minor to the one of Gridman, and Gridman was already adapted in 30, I think it can work. Any chance maybe just adapt Universe and make the hijacking of Gridman one of the main problems to solute (even we can say that is interpolating the multiple timelines inside its body and it's a part of the loop system).
  • The King of Kings: GaoGaiGar vs. Betterman: Unlike SRW30, the story would be reworked a lot. Making the Triple Zero an event that didn't happen yet and the GGG team is working to evite it.
  • Space Runaway Ideon: If we are talking of massive mechs out of control, Ideon should be there. Probably the series role isn't big but it could more or less work similar as how Mazinger ZERO attacks you from time to time in SRW X.
  • Gunbuster/Diebuster: Once again the time shenanigans can give us the possibilites of adapt both series, with the Gunbuster getting MIA in certain moment and then starting with Diebuster plot. Would be good have Gunbuster getting the treatment of other series before and getting a pseudo-original update in the form of the Gunbuster, we only got a small look in a manga that is near impossible to find (or at least I tried without results), not mencioning that the same got a short life too; but the concept alone is awesome.
  • After War X Gundam: Quite an option only if G Gundam gets part of the plot, making the fail of the Gundam Fight the start of the events of the After War future (as well as Turn A, but in another loop).
  • Iron-Blooded Orphans: Either it appears as another loop possibility in the future, or we readapt the story to make it set alongside the other series (G-Witch and probably G Gundam)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection: Honestly the movie was adapted badly in 30, so we can make it better this time. It would be better if the next installment of the story gets released soon too.
  • Cross Ange: Rearrange the story to make the World of Aura a different timeline. But that Embryo could success in the future.
  • Buddy Complex: I mean, time travel is the plot.
  • Voltes V:The obligatory classic entry that isn't part of the regular circle, while less likely, would be interesing make use of elements of Voltes V: Legacy to update the unit.
    • Maaaayabe also add Combattler V in the mix too.
  • Endless Waltz/SEED/00/Reconguista in G/Crossbone: Any of them in any combination. Thought if Freedom is adapted of course it would be more than just the units.
    • Personally, Reconguista in G would be my selection with either Crossbone or Trailblazer following (I like Endless Waltz but it would make us repeat the selection of SRWX.
  • Zeta Gundam/ZZ Gundam/Char's Counterattack/Beltorchika's Children: Unless Bandai is willing to make it go UC Gundam in a mainline SRW game, most likely they will make what they usual do to put at least one of them in a way or other, but with little to no impact in the plot in the end.
    • Alternatively go back to Gundam Narrative to use the Phenex.
    • Hatthaway's Flash is also an option now that unlike V there is an anime for it.
  • Grendizer U: Grendizer's movie that comes in 2024. Because the movie wasn't released yet, is difficult to tell how it could be adapted or how much protagonist it would have.
  • Kotetsushin Jeeg: If we are going to bring back Grendizer after a long abscense, why not also bring back Jeeg so we get the main Dynamic Planning roster? Maybe even it could be the comeback of a new Final Dynamic Special alongside Grendizer U, either Getter Robo and the normal Mazinger or even Zero.
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS: I don't really know too much of ATV, but I guess this roster needs more Real Robot in the mix; most likely also part of the bad future.
  • Dancouga Super Beast Machine Good: I don't think is necesarilly to explain more.
  • Majestic Prince/Knight's & Magic: I don't want to make it look like mostly a retool of 30 so it's one series or other. Personally I like more Ernie and Ikaruga but Majestic Prince seems to work better.
  • Promare: I find hard to put it alongside the rest of the mess, but I really want Promare in SRW.
  • Mazinkaiser SKL: I ain't sure if it would be good squeeze it into the main plot, so I think it works better here, most likely part of the bad future.
  • FLCL: Another show that is mostly for the sake of have it. Canti is very damn cool and well, it did happened before, thought in X-Omega where the standards were at its lowest. At least I think is in the higher stance of chances.
  • Space Battleship Yamato/Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water/Arcadia of My Youth: The VXT Trilogy really gave us the coolests battleships.
  • Heroman: A nostalgic choice honestly. Heroman did appeared in a game before so those are minimal chances to get back.
  • Shin Japan Heroes Universe: My hardest dream really, probably the most possible considering that Rebuild has connections even if the director of SRW said that it couldn't happen. I will NOT leave my copium.
    • At least, any version of Godzilla and/or Blazar would be good. Honestly I find hard to see Kamen Rider, maybe Den-O, J or Zi-O for name a few but yeaaaaaah they are too small(? Shin only have a chance due the Shin Universe Robo.
  • GAMERA Rebirth: Kaiju could be the natural option to follow for SRW in terms of new series honestly.
  • Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger: My favorite designs of Sentai robot, I think they can also more or less work in the general story honestly.
If I required to set a concrete order. This would be our roster. By the way, Flagship Title is equal to the series that appears in the coverart:
  1. Mazinger Series
    • Shin Mazinger Z
    • Shin Mazinger ZERO (Flagship Title, New Entry*)
    • Shin Mazinger ZERO vs. Great Emperor of Darkness
    • Grendizer U (Flagship Title, New Entry)
  2. Getter Robo Series
    • Getter Robo Arc (Flagship Title)
    • Getter Robo Devolution: The Last 3 Minutes of the Universe
  3. Gundam Series
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury (Flagship Title, New Entry)
    • Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    • Turn A Gundam
    • After War Gundam X
    • Gundam: Reconguista in G
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (Flagship Title)
  4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    • Gurren Lagann the Movie: Childhood's End
    • Gurren Lagann the Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars (Flagship Title)
  5. Rebuild of Evangelion
    • Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    • Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    • Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
    • Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time (Flagship Title, New Entry)
  6. GRIDMAN Series
    • SSSS. DYNAZENON (Flagship Title, New Entry)
    • GRIDMAN UNIVERSE (Flagship Title)
  7. The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar
    • The King of Kings: GaoGaiGar vs. Betterman (Flagship Title)
  8. Gunbuster Series
    • Gunbuster (Flagship Title)
      • Great Gunbuster (Banpresto Original)
    • Diebuster (Flagship Title)
  9. Space Runaway Ideon
    • Space Runaway Ideon
    • The Ideon: Be Invoked (Flagship Title)
  10. Buddy Complex
    • Buddy Complex
    • Buddy Complex Final Chapter: In the Future When We Return to Those Skies
  11. Majestic Prince
    • Majestic Prince
    • Majestic Prince: Genetic Awakening
  12. Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love (Flagship Title, New Entry)
  13. Voltes V
  14. Kotetsushin Jeeg
  15. Gun X Sword
  16. Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  17. Super Beast Machine God Dancouga
DLC
  1. Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - Beltorchika's Children
  2. FLCL
  3. Mazinkaiser SKL
  4. Star Driver
  5. Majestic Prince
    • Majestic Prince
    • Majestic Prince: Genetic Awakening
  6. Shin Sakura Wars (New Entry)
  7. Promare (New Entry)
  8. SHIN JAPAN HEROES UNIVERSE
    • Shin Godzilla (New Entry)
    • Shin Ultraman (New Entry)
    • Shin Kamen Rider
  9. GAMERA -Rebirth- (New Entry)
  10. Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger (New Entry)
*For your information, all previous appearence of Mazinger ZERO where under the title "Shin Mazinger ZERO vs. Great Emperor of Darkness", with the original manga don't credited.
**Adaptation of the Visual Novel instead of the Anime

Btw in this situation this is basically a reverse SRWX, where now the majority of the roster compose of Super Robots instead of Real Robots.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
A PS roster through the years. Inspired by Thorgi's Aracde's Sega Smash Video and the Microsoft thread of a similar concept on this very forum.

PS1 - PlayStation All Stars

download (7).png

A focus on first party characters and the most popular and iconic third parties at the time. Robit is the wacky rep and Toro is included as a "who" pick that would be unknown to western players. Dart is included due to wanting a another swordsman and recency baiss. Relases in the last years of the ps1.

PS2 - PlayStation All Stars: Round Two
download (8).png

Everyone returns from the last game. Joined by the big new players of Ratchet, Sly, Jak and Kratos. Gabriel Logan from Spyhion Fliter gets in after just missing the roster last time due to there already being other gub others, Wander gets in to represent the hit SoTC, Lammy gets in as a surprise addition. Sora, CJ , Dante and PH are added to represent how huge those speeds are on the PS2, Tidus gets in to further represent the growing presence of FF on Ps, the Prince is a surprise pick to present a wacky, cult classic game and Etna is a for Japan pick (plus a Dissiga character was apparently considered for the real PSASBR)

PS3 - Playstiaon all Stars: Clash
download (9).png

We get out first cuts. Robit is sadly dropped to a lack of relevancy, Gabe, Wander, Lammy, Tidus, and the Prince are just seen as less important to come back. We get our first same series reps (not counting Lammy or Tidus) in the form of Quark, Raiden and Zeus, and we get a lot of the same characters chosen for the IRL PS All Stars, along with folklore's Ellen, who they did consider. Several of our third parties have been updated to new appearances based on their more recent appearances (for better or for worse). Yu gets in to rep the growing in popularity Persona series

PS4 - PlayStation All Stars: Rumble
download (14).png

Unfortunately, several characters from the last game have been cut to just not being that popular or important (Silent Hill was in a sort of rough patch at this point). Kratos has now been updated to be based on the modern GOW games, Infamous has gained a second rep, and we have reps for popular new games like Horizon, Last of Us, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV, Neir Automata, and Nioh. Knack of course gets in as the new attempted mascot type character. Sam Bridges is probably cutting it a little fine, and might be awkward having them in the same game as Snake, but he's here. We also get long requested newcomers like Oddworld's Abe, Yakuza's Kiryu and Monkuma. Ryu is added to represent the strong relationship between Capcom and sony at this point and is based on SF5. Yu and CJ have unfortunately been replaced with more modern and popular characters from their series. Geralt is probably the last "Ps-y" of these newcomers but he was everywhere around this time so I figure it makes sense .

PS5 - PlayStation All Stars: Legends
download (4).png

Everyone is here!

Similar to Smash Ultimate, this would be built on the DNA of the last game and would thus be easier to make this happen. Ratchet and Clank gets Nefarious to give us a new villain rep and Artreus is added to further rep the mega popular GOW duology. Jin, Astro Bot and Selene are added as recent reps for new games and Alucard is added as a long requested third party pick.

shout out to the many characters I had to leave off, A patapon, a lemming, the buzz guy, blasto, tomba, a demon souls rep, a destiny rep, amstaratu from okami, spider-man, and so much more.

this took me a whole day, I need to lie down and take a break from doing rosters for a bit

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I have seen many PlayStation and Xbox and indie smash rosters but I have yet to see anyone attempt smash PC or Mobile roster curious how that will look

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
one Aardman roster coming up

1. Wallace
  2. Gromit
  3. Shaun the Sheep
  4. Ginger (chicken run)
  5. Rocky (chicken run)
  6. Mrs Tweedy (chicken run)
  7. Morph
  8. Chas
  9. Rita (flushed away)
  10. The Toad (flushed away)
  11. The Captain (pirates)
  12. Queen Victoria (pirates)
  13. Lu-La (farmaggedon)
  14. Rex the Runt
  15. Vince
  16. Fluffy (creature comforts)
  17. Feathers McGraw
  18. Angry Kid
  19. Arthur Christmas
  20. The Were-Rabbit

FazDude

Smash Master
SpongeBob platfighter roster based on a Discord server prompt.
  1. SpongeBob
  2. Patrick
  3. Squidward
  4. Mr. Krabs
  5. Sandy
  6. Plankton
  7. Pearl
  8. Larry
  9. Fred
  10. Flying Dutchman
  11. Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy
  12. Man Ray
  13. Dirty Bubble
  14. King Neptune (movie design)
  15. Bubble Bass
  16. Mindy (King Neptune semi-clone)
  17. DoodleBob (SpongeBob clone)
  18. Squilliam (Squidward psuedo-clone)
  19. Patchy the Pirate
  20. Dennis
  21. Kevin
  22. King Jellyfish
  23. The Cyclops
  24. Alaskan Bullworm
Mrs. Puff hosts the tutorial, Hans is the respawn platform, and the Realistic Fish Head is the announcer.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Book Battle (a platform fighter with book characters)
  1. Sherlock Holmes
  2. Dracula
  3. Frankstein
  4. Harry Potter
  5. Katniss Evergreen (Hunger Games)
  6. Dr. Jeyll and Mr. Hyde
  7. Bilbo Baggins (The Lord of Rings)
  8. Judge Holden (Blood Meridan)
  9. Westley (The Princess Bride)
  10. Rincewind (Discworld)
  11. Little Red Riding Hood
  12. Captain Ahab (Moby Dïck)
  13. Huckleberry Finn
  14. Percy Jackson
  15. John Silver (Treasure Planet)
  16. Hercule Poirot)
  17. Jack Reacher
  18. Jason Bourne
  19. Tom Sawyer
  20. Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with The Dragon Tatoo)
  21. Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
  22. Arya Stark (A Song of Fire and Ice)
  23. Geralt or Rivia (The Witcher)
  24. Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of The Lambs)
  25. Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
(The roster is not complete,it's missing DLC characters who are 5 for each season but i give up,also i used a little bit of ChatGPT because i'm not a biblophile[it's mean a person who likes books],for anyone who want to catch my idea of platform fighter with book characters,i will allow it)

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
And you thought Smash had too many Swordfighters...
tester.png

Yeah I would buy a Wonder Boy/Monster World Fighting game in a heartbeat. This would be my ideal roster, though I only chose characters I felt would have a complete and balanced moveset, there's probably bigger MW fans that could find more characters that could be thrown into this. Also quick note, I know the Master Higgins thing would never happen in an official game, that was more of a "this would 100% be something in a fangame," inclusion.

AlRex

Smash Lord
And you thought Smash had too many Swordfighters...
View attachment 380416
Yeah I would buy a Wonder Boy/Monster World Fighting game in a heartbeat. This would be my ideal roster, though I only chose characters I felt would have a complete and balanced moveset, there's probably bigger MW fans that could find more characters that could be thrown into this. Also quick note, I know the Master Higgins thing would never happen in an official game, that was more of a "this would 100% be something in a fangame," inclusion.
I love the graphic design, genuinely. My only question is how involved will Tenacious D be?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm still in the mech mode but I don't want to overdo the SRW theme (thought I have a theme related that I want to touch). So instead I'll go with the easiest option, a roster for a Mecha Platform Fighter (for make my work easier we will just say all robots are SD so things about how the Gunbuster don't just put his feet above the Zeta Gundam to win are avoided). Also kinda tried to emulate Ultimate roster so assume there are more games before.

1. Mazinger Z
  2. Shin Mazinger
  3. Boss Borot
  4. Aphrodite A
  5. Venus A (Shin)
  6. Great Mazinger
  7. Grendizer
  8. Mazinkaiser
  9. Mazinkaiser SKL
  10. Combattler V
  11. Voltes V
  12. Getter Robo
  13. Shin Getter Robo
  14. Neo Getter Robo
  15. Black Getter
  16. Getter Robo Arc
  17. Getter Robo Devolution
  18. Steel Jeeg
  19. Raideen
  20. Daitarn 3
  21. Zambot 3
  22. Trider G7
  23. Ideon
  24. Gunbuster
  25. Buster Machine #7
  26. Dix-Neuf
  27. RX 78-2 Gundam
  28. Nu Gundam
  29. Zaku II
  30. Sazabi
  31. Zeta Gundam
  32. ZZ Gundam
  33. Shining Gundam
  34. Wing Gundam Zero
  35. Unicorn Gundam
  36. Gundam Barbatos
  37. Gundam Aerial
  38. Tekkaman Blade
  39. Orgun
  40. Nirvash typeZERO
  41. Dann of Thursday
  42. El Dora V
  43. Evangelion Type-01
  44. Evangelion Type-02
  45. Evangelion Type-00
  46. Evangelion Type-08
  47. Evangelion 13
  48. Scopedog Red Shoulder
  49. Dai-Guard
  50. Guren S.E.I.T.E.N.
  51. Lancelot Albion
  52. Shinkiro
  53. Gawain
  54. Gurren Lagann
  55. King Kittan
  56. Yoko M Tank
  57. Lazengann
  58. Tetsujin 28-go
  59. Demonbane
  60. Ingram
  61. Keroro Robo
  62. Aquarion EVOL
  63. GaoGaiGar
  64. ChoRyuJin
  65. Volfogg
  66. GekiRyuJin
  67. J-Der
  68. TenRyuJin
  69. J-Decker
  70. Might Gaine
  71. Kakuseijin
  72. Betterman Nebula
  73. Shinkalion
  74. Ikaruga
  75. Red-5
  76. Mecha Godzilla
  77. Gridman
  78. Gridknight
  79. Dynazenon
  80. Big O
  81. Giant Robo
  82. Red Baron

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Like A Dragon: All-Star Tournament
Like_A_Dragon_All_Star_Tournament.png

Characters:
1. Kazuma Kiryu
2. Goro Majima
3. Taiga Saejima
4. Shun Akiyama
5. Daigo Doji,a
6. Akira Nishikiyama
7. Ryuji Goda
8. Yo****aka Mine
9. Daisaku Kuze
10. Keiji Shibusawa
11. Takayuki Yagami
12. Jin Kuwana
13. Masaru Watase
14. Tatsuo Shinada
15. Tatsuya Ukyo
16. Ichiban Kasuga
17. Koichi Adachi
18. Joon-gi Han

Stages
1. Tenkaichi Street
2. Millenium Tower Rooftop
3. Bishamon Bridge
4. Purgatory Coliseum
5. Tojo Clan HQ
6. Onomichi Docks
7. Seiryo High

So I don't know how the gameplay would be, but I'm imagining it as a 3D fighter like Virtua Fighter or Tekken. Assets and moves can fairly easily be reused from the games too! DLC will come later and there's another special idea I have for it too. Also Jo Amon is the arcade mode boss.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Like A Dragon: All-Star Tournament
View attachment 380464
Characters:
1. Kazuma Kiryu
2. Goro Majima
3. Taiga Saejima
4. Shun Akiyama
5. Daigo Doji,a
6. Akira Nishikiyama
7. Ryuji Goda
8. Yo****aka Mine
9. Daisaku Kuze
10. Keiji Shibusawa
11. Takayuki Yagami
12. Jin Kuwana
13. Masaru Watase
14. Tatsuo Shinada
15. Tatsuya Ukyo
16. Ichiban Kasuga
17. Koichi Adachi
18. Joon-gi Han

Stages
1. Tenkaichi Street
2. Millenium Tower Rooftop
3. Bishamon Bridge
4. Purgatory Coliseum
5. Tojo Clan HQ
6. Onomichi Docks
7. Seiryo High

So I don't know how the gameplay would be, but I'm imagining it as a 3D fighter like Virtua Fighter or Tekken. Assets and moves can fairly easily be reused from the games too! DLC will come later and there's another special idea I have for it too. Also Jo Amon is the arcade mode boss.
Okay DLC time
1699595027782.png

Free DLC
1. Jo Amon

DLC Pack 1
1. Masaharu Kaito
2. Futoshi Shimano
3. Sakamoto Ryoma
4. Shintaro Kazama
5. Saeko Mukoda

DLC Pack 2
1. Rikiya Shimabukuro
2. Tianyou Zhao
3. Gary Buster Holmes
4. Hiroaki Awano
5. Kenshiro

Okay so I should agnowledge the fact that there's a female character now, and like I get why people not thinking that would fit considering Kiryu not hitting women but I decided it's not too big a deal since it's DLC and Kiryu not hitting women is sort of more of an easter egg rather than an actual plot element. I think we should just have at least one female character you know? We can find an excuse to have them still fight.

I also think some premium costumes (costumes that change a character's voice and appearence) would be cool for DLC too! Some ideas could be Joji Kazama, Kiryu Kazumanosuke and of course Ono Michio. Ryo Hazuki as a costume for some character could be cool too, there are plenty of ideas.
I also have an idea for a sort of assist mode, Poundmates! These characters can be summoned for an assist attack to help with a combo or some other way during a match:
1. Makoto Date
2. Haruka Sawamura
3. Gary Buster Holmes (I had to make him DLC but I also had to make him a poundmate since he introduced that concept, so if Gary is played, the female version of him from Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth will be used instead.)
4. Lau Ka Long
5. Ferocious Tiger
6. Susumu Gondawara
7. Andre Richardson
8. Masayoshi Tanimura
9. Takeshi Kido
10. Zombies
11. Okudera
12. Nugget
13. Pocket Circuit Fighter
14. Mr. Libido
15. Ono Michio (Ono Michio is literally a costume so this can totally exist alongside the playable version too.)
16. Sugiura
17. Yu Nanba
18. Nancy-chan
19. Eri Kamataki
20. Makoto Tojo (Yes, let's finally give Makoto Tojo a real design. This is a stupid idea but whatever.)

txhy8

Smash Cadet
Royal Rumble: A Platform Fighter with the Princesses and Princes through Media:

Chacacters:
Mario and Princess Peach(Nintendo)
Luigi and Princess Daisy(Nintendo)
Donkey Kong and Candy Kong(Nintendo)
Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong(Nintendo)
Link and Princess Zelda(Nintendo)
A Fire Emblem Royal Couple Im sorry Im not being specific never played the series outright of Three Houses and Awakening let me know if there's any suggestions for this slot(Nintendo)
Sonic and Blaze(Sega)
Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man(Bandi Namco)
Sora and Khari(Square Enix)
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse(Disney)
Donald Duck and Daisy Duck(Disney)
Snow White and Prince Florian(Disney)
Cinderlla and Prince Charming(Disney)
Auroa and Prince Philp(Disney)
Ariel and Prince Eric(Disney)
Belle and Beast(Disney)
Jasmine and Aladdin(Disney)
Simba and Nalaa(Disney)
Quasimodo and Esmerelda(Disney)
Mulan and Prince Li Shang(Disney)
Tiana and Prince Naveen(Disney)
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider(Disney)
Anna and Kristoff(Disney)
Shrek and Fiona(DreamWorks)

I know very heavy on Disney roality but when you think Medias most iconic Royal couples you probably think of Disney

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Royal Rumble: A Platform Fighter with the Princesses and Princes through Media:

Chacacters:
Mario and Princess Peach(Nintendo)
Luigi and Princess Daisy(Nintendo)
Donkey Kong and Candy Kong(Nintendo)
Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong(Nintendo)
Link and Princess Zelda(Nintendo)
Sonic and Blaze(Sega)
Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man(Bandi Namco)
Sora and Khari(Square Enix)
Snow White and Prince Florian(Disney)
Cinderlla and Prince Charming(Disney)
Auroa and Prince Philp(Disney)
Ariel and Prince Eric(Disney)
Belle and Beast(Disney)
Jasmine and Aladdin(Disney)
Simba and Nalaa(Disney)
Quasimodo and Esmerelda(Disney)
Mulan and Prince Li Shang(Disney)
Tiana and Prince Naveen(Disney)
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider(Disney)
Anna and Kristoff(Disney)
Shrek and Fiona(DreamWorks)

I know very heavy on Disney roality but when you think Medias most iconic Royal couples you probably think of Disney
Where's Fire Emblem representation? There are plenty of Fire Emblem games with prince-and-princess duos

darkvortex

Smash Lord
This is classed a creation thread so I'm allowed a double post. Pixar roster
download__11_-removebg-preview.png

Tired to squeeze in as many franchises as possible, left out ratatouille due to a lack of options, soul due to tone, good dinosaur since it's not popular and I already had a dinosaur, and elemental since I've not seen it.

Dory just floats in the air like Disney infinity, Kevin is sort of paired with Doug, Mater attacks with his hook, Zurg is Lightyear for cross promotion and since I wanted more heavies (same reason I went Waternoose over Randall. ) Went with the Bob and Helen names so they all for in the image but they'd use their super names of this was a real select screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom