• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Smash 64: Replaced unlockables, same base characters

1. Goomba (based on Kirby)
  2. Tin Star (based on Dragon King)
  3. Machop (based on Mario)
  4. Diddy Kong (based on Mario)

EDIT: Replaced Adeleine with Machop and Machoke with Tin Star since the timeline for Ado technically doesn't match up
If this was the unlockable roster, I can foresee a myriad of results:
  • A brief revival for Tin Star, while F-Zero languises in further obscurity.
  • Jigglypuff as a Pokeball summon.
  • Luigi and Ness having to wait for the next game.
  • Donkey Kong Country being more prominent on the Gamecube, even if Rare gets sold off.
In short, this unlockable list has me perplexed.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
This is classed a creation thread so I'm allowed a double post. Pixar roster
View attachment 380515
Tired to squeeze in as many franchises as possible, left out ratatouille due to a lack of options, soul due to tone, good dinosaur since it's not popular and I already had a dinosaur, and elemental since I've not seen it.

Dory just floats in the air like Disney infinity, Kevin is sort of paired with Doug, Mater attacks with his hook, Zurg is Lightyear for cross promotion and since I wanted more heavies (same reason I went Waternoose over Randall. ) Went with the Bob and Helen names so they all for in the image but they'd use their super names of this was a real select screen.
did a first wave of DLC for this

download__15_-removebg-preview.png

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Something a little unusual that I've been giving a decent amount of thought over the last few days: a Looney Tunes platfighter roster. (Specifically focused on the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, not all of Warner Bros. like Multiversus.) I think there's more than enough variety in the franchise to do a lot of fun things with, after all?

I'm aware this is a bit of an eclectic mix (with some oddballs and a couple of obvious missing picks), but I may as well explain them below.

1. Bugs Bunny acts as our baseline, though I'd stray away from his Multiversus incarnation to suggest that he'd lean into himself more as opposed to "the Looney Tunes rep". Though, he'd still have burrowing - it seems like a pretty obvious thing to include as a movement tool. Think of him as one of the characters you'd introduce people to the game with - though, he's not quite as straightforward as Porky.
  2. Daffy Duck has a few similarities to Bugs (akin to how Donkey Kong and King K. Rool do in Ultimate) but also plenty of differences - predominantly, a couple of extra ranged tools, such as tossing his beak at people or even whipping out Duck Dodgers' laser gun for an attack or two. He's a little less straightforward than Bugs, with a lot of his attacks having pretty unusual properties - kind of representing his offbeat nature.
  3. Porky Pig is basically the Mario of this game - a decent brawler with access to a couple of okay tools overall, but not particularly excelling in any particular area. That being said, a lot of his hitboxes are pretty stubby, so you might not fare too well against zoners.
  4. The Tazmanian Devil is basically a rekka/brawler of sorts, with a lot of his attacks involving powerful close-up spins and bites, as well as having a lot of multi-hits that can tear into an opponent's healthbar. However, these also tend to act as his best movement tools (beside his sprint), meaning that he can be left pretty vulnerable after his attacks if he ends up whiffing them.
  5. Marvin the Martian acts as a zoner of sorts, with a few weird tools that lean into trapping, as well as having the capacity to reflect other people's projectiles back at them with a move similar in concept to Shine. That being said, he's someone who excels at getting people away from him, but doesn't have nearly as many tools to capitalise on that state as, say, Wile E. Coyote.
  6. Granny & Tweety essentially act as a duo, with you controlling Granny, who's helped out by Tweety. Granny herself isn't massively mobile, but fighting with an umbrella allows her some decent disjoints - as well as the option to send Tweety forward as a puppet of sorts for additional ranged capabilities, similar to Rosalina and Luma.
  7. Speedy Gonzales is basically our rushdown glass cannon - focusing almost entirely on getting in, landing a combo string, and getting out. Being a mouse, he's a lightweight - so hitting him hits hard - which is why you want to avoid that at all costs. That said, whilst he somewhat lacks in kill moves, a lot of his attacks are good at either setting up or continuing a combo streak (think akin to Melee Sheik in some ways.)
  8. Lola Bunny is a bit unusual, because there's a few ways to take her - but I decided her interpretation here should be based on her introduction in Space Jam. With that in mind, she's a bit like LeBron in Multiversus but with a greater emphasis on being able to switch between being powerful up close when dribbling her ball, or being more effective at range using one of the most versatile single projectiles in the game at the cost of her up-close prowess.
  9. Elmer Fudd acts as a simplistic introduction to the zoner archetype - predominantly using his shotgun for most of his attacks, whether as a blunt weapon up-close, or to fire around for mid-to-long-range attacks. Weirdly,
  10. Petunia Pig is another fairly understandable character who's got some similarities to Porky in terms of moveset, but differentiates by being lighter and a lot faster than him. Interestingly, despite having pretty stubby moves due to a comparatively small size to the rest of the roster, she excels at supporting due to many of her attacks having low knockback but decent damage.
  11. Wile E. Coyote is our cerebral zoner/trapper hybrid, someone with plenty of Acme-branded tools for almost any situation. I say almost, because he's a bit disappointing up close - he heavily relies on trying to ensure his opponents are walled out of the way with a huge variety of tools and functions overall. That said, in spite of this, he's got surprisingly good recovery tools as well.
  12. Roadrunner is also a rushdown fighter, but unlike Speedy Gonzales, is a bit more well-rounded and has a decent variety of tools. Where Speedy Gonzales's small size, fast-falling nature and lightweight stats make him easy to get rid of, Roadrunner's capable of lasting a lot longer - but suffers in that he really needs to get close up to use any of his decent attacks.
  13. Sylvester the Cat is someone else who's fairly simple to get a hold of, but has a surprising learning curve. Basically, my thought process for him is that he's surprisingly mobile, but simultaneously pretty heavy - making him pretty good at taking a beating from people without quite being a tank akin to Foghorn Leghorn. He's an amazingly persistent character overall, but many of his actual attacks are... lacking.
  14. Yosemite Sam might seem like an obvious zoner candidate, but I'd have him focus on AoE attacks overall. Whilst he does have some zoning moves, his wild firing as well as a surprisingly high speed makes him effectively a chaotic ball that flies around the stage and deals surprising damage to anyone caught within it - somewhat like Taz, to an extent, but with greater range.
  15. Foghorn Leghorn is our big-bodied bruiser of the roster - someone who can both take and dish out pretty massive amounts of damage. That said, his lack of ranged tools beyond the disjoint of many of his normals means he can sometimes be left somewhat vulnerable against characters like Wile. E Coyote or Marvin the Martian due to their extensive zoning and trapping tools.
  16. Gossamer is our de-facto grappler, being even bigger than Foghorn Leghorn, and excelling in command grabs and the like. Being made entirely of hair (and sneakers), it'd be cool to have him stretch for some moves too, giving him massive disjoints - but making him pretty slow as a balancing mechanism.
  17. Witch Hazel is probably our first weirder pick, but I think she'd be a lot of fun utilising witch-based iconography as well as magic, whilst being a heavyweight who tends to prefer keeping people at range. One idea that I had which could perhaps be pretty fun is that she could have a special move wherein she brews one of three potions in a cauldron - one which heals her, another which works as a throwable item that poisons enemies, and one that could perhaps buff her attack power.
  18. Dr. Moron is another unusual pick, but one I think makes a lot of sense given his relation to some characters here (especially Gossamer.) Given he's a mad scientist, I think it'd be fun to give him somewhat of a summoner archetype - my main thought process being that he kind of cowers away from outright combat whilst sending out monsters of his creation (like the Carrot Monster or the Evil Giant Robot) to attack on his behalf.
  19. Hugo the Abominable Snowman was another slightly offbeat pick, but one I felt would be a lot of fun. Being an actual snowman, his whole deal is that he's made of ice, so giving him an ice-based moveset felt fun. In addition, he's got a similar sort of size to characters like Foghorn Leghorn, but his moveset gives him better mid-range tools... though all of this is offset by him having a pretty honest and readable moveset.
  20. Michigan J. Frog felt like a pretty much essential pick, even if everyone only knows him from one thing. He's similar to Porky in some ways in that he's conceptually a pretty simple all-rounder, but being on the smaller and faster side (as well as having a theatrical feel), he's also bordering on the rushdown archetype. However, he's nowhere near on the level of characters like Roadrunner or Speedy Gonzales.
  21. Yoyo the Do-do Bird is essentially this game's big boss (but playable - think like Bison or Rugal.) Probably the deepest cut overall here, Yoyo's whole deal is being weird - like, even weirder than the rest of the Tunes - and I think playing into that by giving them bizarre tools and attacks would be a lot of fun. As a side note, their default look isn't 3D rendered like everyone else, but 2D, as though they were pulled right from some animation cels - partially because Yoyo shows up in black and white a lot in the rare circumstances when they do appear, but also to represent the older part of the Tunes' history.
A couple of notes on some characters I considered, but didn't make the cut for one reason or another:
  • Big Chungus works better as a taunt for Bugs, exclusively when fighting against Elmer Fudd.
  • Bosko was someone I did actually consider for a while due to his historical significance (both being the first Tune and one of the first animated characters with voice acting), but the issue with Bosko is that he's a racial stereotype of a black child (who, created in 1929, was seen as socially acceptable at the time.) There's different ways this could be handled - for instance, he was redesigned to be a dog in the 1990s - but given his general lack of appearances overall, I think it'd just make sense to avoid this one. This is actually one of the reasons I decided to play up Yoyo's 2D "animated" look, though.
    • Other early characters were also considered, including Beans the Cat or Buddy, but at this point, I felt like they didn't really fill the same role as Bosko specifically - and giving Porky a "classic" alt would probably represent the era pretty well anyway.
  • Pepe Le Pew was someone I felt could be pretty fun, but the issue with him is that whilst his gentlemanly demeanour could be really cool to design for, Michigan J. Frog would probably fit the role way better - and some unusual picks like Dr. Moron or Hugo the Abominable Snowman felt like they'd provide more unique movesets and vibes overall, too. This isn't stopping him (or maybe some other Tunes) from appearing as background characters, though.
  • Cecil Turtle actually came pretty close to being included given his actual capability at outsmarting Bugs (and a concept wherein he would be incredibly slow, but could basically Shadow Clone Jutsu with hundreds of identical turtles for most of his moveset), but it eventually came down to either him or Dr. Moron, who just about edged him out. That said, if I were to do DLC, Cecil Turtle would probably be in Season One - the image of him being incredibly slow but having access to absurd attacks and movement tools seems too fun not to include at some point.
  • Barnyard Dawg was also momentarily considered as a kind of rival to Foghorn Leghorn, but I felt that the "characters who have moveset similarities without being actual clones" thing was already handled pretty well with Bugs/Daffy and Porky/Petunia in the base roster. That being said, I'd probably consider him for DLC if it were to be added - there's a lot of fun things you could do with him to make him unique as a heavyweight bruiser.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Something a little unusual that I've been giving a decent amount of thought over the last few days: a Looney Tunes platfighter roster. (Specifically focused on the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, not all of Warner Bros. like Multiversus.) I think there's more than enough variety in the franchise to do a lot of fun things with, after all?

I'm aware this is a bit of an eclectic mix (with some oddballs and a couple of obvious missing picks), but I may as well explain them below.

1. Bugs Bunny acts as our baseline, though I'd stray away from his Multiversus incarnation to suggest that he'd lean into himself more as opposed to "the Looney Tunes rep". Though, he'd still have burrowing - it seems like a pretty obvious thing to include as a movement tool. Think of him as one of the characters you'd introduce people to the game with - though, he's not quite as straightforward as Porky.
  2. Daffy Duck has a few similarities to Bugs (akin to how Donkey Kong and King K. Rool do in Ultimate) but also plenty of differences - predominantly, a couple of extra ranged tools, such as tossing his beak at people or even whipping out Duck Dodgers' laser gun for an attack or two. He's a little less straightforward than Bugs, with a lot of his attacks having pretty unusual properties - kind of representing his offbeat nature.
  3. Porky Pig is basically the Mario of this game - a decent brawler with access to a couple of okay tools overall, but not particularly excelling in any particular area. That being said, a lot of his hitboxes are pretty stubby, so you might not fare too well against zoners.
  4. The Tazmanian Devil is basically a rekka/brawler of sorts, with a lot of his attacks involving powerful close-up spins and bites, as well as having a lot of multi-hits that can tear into an opponent's healthbar. However, these also tend to act as his best movement tools (beside his sprint), meaning that he can be left pretty vulnerable after his attacks if he ends up whiffing them.
  5. Marvin the Martian acts as a zoner of sorts, with a few weird tools that lean into trapping, as well as having the capacity to reflect other people's projectiles back at them with a move similar in concept to Shine. That being said, he's someone who excels at getting people away from him, but doesn't have nearly as many tools to capitalise on that state as, say, Wile E. Coyote.
  6. Granny & Tweety essentially act as a duo, with you controlling Granny, who's helped out by Tweety. Granny herself isn't massively mobile, but fighting with an umbrella allows her some decent disjoints - as well as the option to send Tweety forward as a puppet of sorts for additional ranged capabilities, similar to Rosalina and Luma.
  7. Speedy Gonzales is basically our rushdown glass cannon - focusing almost entirely on getting in, landing a combo string, and getting out. Being a mouse, he's a lightweight - so hitting him hits hard - which is why you want to avoid that at all costs. That said, whilst he somewhat lacks in kill moves, a lot of his attacks are good at either setting up or continuing a combo streak (think akin to Melee Sheik in some ways.)
  8. Lola Bunny is a bit unusual, because there's a few ways to take her - but I decided her interpretation here should be based on her introduction in Space Jam. With that in mind, she's a bit like LeBron in Multiversus but with a greater emphasis on being able to switch between being powerful up close when dribbling her ball, or being more effective at range using one of the most versatile single projectiles in the game at the cost of her up-close prowess.
  9. Elmer Fudd acts as a simplistic introduction to the zoner archetype - predominantly using his shotgun for most of his attacks, whether as a blunt weapon up-close, or to fire around for mid-to-long-range attacks. Weirdly,
  10. Petunia Pig is another fairly understandable character who's got some similarities to Porky in terms of moveset, but differentiates by being lighter and a lot faster than him. Interestingly, despite having pretty stubby moves due to a comparatively small size to the rest of the roster, she excels at supporting due to many of her attacks having low knockback but decent damage.
  11. Wile E. Coyote is our cerebral zoner/trapper hybrid, someone with plenty of Acme-branded tools for almost any situation. I say almost, because he's a bit disappointing up close - he heavily relies on trying to ensure his opponents are walled out of the way with a huge variety of tools and functions overall. That said, in spite of this, he's got surprisingly good recovery tools as well.
  12. Roadrunner is also a rushdown fighter, but unlike Speedy Gonzales, is a bit more well-rounded and has a decent variety of tools. Where Speedy Gonzales's small size, fast-falling nature and lightweight stats make him easy to get rid of, Roadrunner's capable of lasting a lot longer - but suffers in that he really needs to get close up to use any of his decent attacks.
  13. Sylvester the Cat is someone else who's fairly simple to get a hold of, but has a surprising learning curve. Basically, my thought process for him is that he's surprisingly mobile, but simultaneously pretty heavy - making him pretty good at taking a beating from people without quite being a tank akin to Foghorn Leghorn. He's an amazingly persistent character overall, but many of his actual attacks are... lacking.
  14. Yosemite Sam might seem like an obvious zoner candidate, but I'd have him focus on AoE attacks overall. Whilst he does have some zoning moves, his wild firing as well as a surprisingly high speed makes him effectively a chaotic ball that flies around the stage and deals surprising damage to anyone caught within it - somewhat like Taz, to an extent, but with greater range.
  15. Foghorn Leghorn is our big-bodied bruiser of the roster - someone who can both take and dish out pretty massive amounts of damage. That said, his lack of ranged tools beyond the disjoint of many of his normals means he can sometimes be left somewhat vulnerable against characters like Wile. E Coyote or Marvin the Martian due to their extensive zoning and trapping tools.
  16. Gossamer is our de-facto grappler, being even bigger than Foghorn Leghorn, and excelling in command grabs and the like. Being made entirely of hair (and sneakers), it'd be cool to have him stretch for some moves too, giving him massive disjoints - but making him pretty slow as a balancing mechanism.
  17. Witch Hazel is probably our first weirder pick, but I think she'd be a lot of fun utilising witch-based iconography as well as magic, whilst being a heavyweight who tends to prefer keeping people at range. One idea that I had which could perhaps be pretty fun is that she could have a special move wherein she brews one of three potions in a cauldron - one which heals her, another which works as a throwable item that poisons enemies, and one that could perhaps buff her attack power.
  18. Dr. Moron is another unusual pick, but one I think makes a lot of sense given his relation to some characters here (especially Gossamer.) Given he's a mad scientist, I think it'd be fun to give him somewhat of a summoner archetype - my main thought process being that he kind of cowers away from outright combat whilst sending out monsters of his creation (like the Carrot Monster or the Evil Giant Robot) to attack on his behalf.
  19. Hugo the Abominable Snowman was another slightly offbeat pick, but one I felt would be a lot of fun. Being an actual snowman, his whole deal is that he's made of ice, so giving him an ice-based moveset felt fun. In addition, he's got a similar sort of size to characters like Foghorn Leghorn, but his moveset gives him better mid-range tools... though all of this is offset by him having a pretty honest and readable moveset.
  20. Michigan J. Frog felt like a pretty much essential pick, even if everyone only knows him from one thing. He's similar to Porky in some ways in that he's conceptually a pretty simple all-rounder, but being on the smaller and faster side (as well as having a theatrical feel), he's also bordering on the rushdown archetype. However, he's nowhere near on the level of characters like Roadrunner or Speedy Gonzales.
  21. Yoyo the Do-do Bird is essentially this game's big boss (but playable - think like Bison or Rugal.) Probably the deepest cut overall here, Yoyo's whole deal is being weird - like, even weirder than the rest of the Tunes - and I think playing into that by giving them bizarre tools and attacks would be a lot of fun. As a side note, their default look isn't 3D rendered like everyone else, but 2D, as though they were pulled right from some animation cels - partially because Yoyo shows up in black and white a lot in the rare circumstances when they do appear, but also to represent the older part of the Tunes' history.
A couple of notes on some characters I considered, but didn't make the cut for one reason or another:
  • Big Chungus works better as a taunt for Bugs, exclusively when fighting against Elmer Fudd.
  • Bosko was someone I did actually consider for a while due to his historical significance (both being the first Tune and one of the first animated characters with voice acting), but the issue with Bosko is that he's a racial stereotype of a black child (who, created in 1929, was seen as socially acceptable at the time.) There's different ways this could be handled - for instance, he was redesigned to be a dog in the 1990s - but given his general lack of appearances overall, I think it'd just make sense to avoid this one. This is actually one of the reasons I decided to play up Yoyo's 2D "animated" look, though.
    • Other early characters were also considered, including Beans the Cat or Buddy, but at this point, I felt like they didn't really fill the same role as Bosko specifically - and giving Porky a "classic" alt would probably represent the era pretty well anyway.
  • Pepe Le Pew was someone I felt could be pretty fun, but the issue with him is that whilst his gentlemanly demeanour could be really cool to design for, Michigan J. Frog would probably fit the role way better - and some unusual picks like Dr. Moron or Hugo the Abominable Snowman felt like they'd provide more unique movesets and vibes overall, too. This isn't stopping him (or maybe some other Tunes) from appearing as background characters, though.
  • Cecil Turtle actually came pretty close to being included given his actual capability at outsmarting Bugs (and a concept wherein he would be incredibly slow, but could basically Shadow Clone Jutsu with hundreds of identical turtles for most of his moveset), but it eventually came down to either him or Dr. Moron, who just about edged him out. That said, if I were to do DLC, Cecil Turtle would probably be in Season One - the image of him being incredibly slow but having access to absurd attacks and movement tools seems too fun not to include at some point.
  • Barnyard Dawg was also momentarily considered as a kind of rival to Foghorn Leghorn, but I felt that the "characters who have moveset similarities without being actual clones" thing was already handled pretty well with Bugs/Daffy and Porky/Petunia in the base roster. That being said, I'd probably consider him for DLC if it were to be added - there's a lot of fun things you could do with him to make him unique as a heavyweight bruiser.
I would say merge Sylvester with Tweety while leaving Granny fighting on her own, and add someone from the Dover Boys (Tom, Dan, and Dora are all really good picks), and it'd basically be perfect. I don't even mind basing Lola on Space Jam since you used a TLTS render, and the idea of merging the two Lolas into "quirky dumb girlboss who is also inexplicably good at basketball" is very funny. Tangentially related stuff like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Freakazoid would be cool for DLC or a sequel roster too.

Last edited:

I would kill for a Looney Tunes-specific platform fighter. It would be better than Loons: The Fight for Fame, which we actually got. Besides that, I'd actually say that Dr. Moron would be the most oddball fighter in here, because I've at least heard of all the rest. Speedy's moveset seems very true to his character and gags IMO.

However, I do have some criticism on this:
  • Swap Wile E. and Marvin's positions on the roster. While I would love to see Taz and Wile E. team up, and having the Road Runner meet Marvin the Martian would be pant-wetting hilarity, I'd sooner believe Marvin and Taz would be rivals than him and RR.
  • Cut Dr. Moron, and put one of the considered Tunes back on the roster. To me, the mad doctor feels more suited to being a stage hazard than a fighter. That, or even as free DLC.
Your presentation is flawless, and I want to play this game immediately. I just have those two hangups.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't think this series should ever have a roster larger than like, 45 at most, but screw it: 65 character NASB roster. Nothing with wacky legal issues like Doug, Catscratch, and FOP (otherwise I'd have Quailman, Judy Funnie, Jorgen, Cosmo & Wanda, and the Cats driving Gear. Would restrain from Dreamworks content even if they were on the table though, that should be reserved for its own game, or a full fledged Nick vs. DW rival game.) Opted to only go for one hyper-wacky pick with an unusual source material, who is placed right at the end.
  1. Garfield (Garfield)
  2. Odie
  3. Michelangelo (TMNT '87)
  4. April O'Neil
  5. Tommy Pickles (Rugrats)
  6. Reptar
  7. Cynthia
  8. Ren & Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)
  9. Powdered Toast Man
  10. Haggis McHaggis
  11. Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
  12. Ed Bighead
  13. Dr. Hutchinson
  14. Oblina (Aaah! Real Monsters)
  15. Loopy (KaBlam)
  16. Helga (Hey Arnold!)
  17. Gerald
  18. Grandma Gertie
  19. Pigeon Man
  20. Angry Beavers (Angry Beavers)
  21. CatDog (CatDog)
  22. Nigel (The Wild Thornberrys)
  23. SpongeBob (SpongeBob)
  24. Patrick
  25. Sandy
  26. Plankton
  27. Squidward
  28. Mr. Krabs
  29. Flying Dutchman
  30. Larry the Lobster
  31. Reggie (Rocket Power)
  32. Zim (Invader Zim)
  33. Professor Membrane
  34. Jimmy (Jimmy Neutron)
  35. Goobot
  36. Hugh
  37. Snap (ChalkZone)
  38. Jenny (Teenage Robot)
  39. Vexus
  40. Leonardo (TMNT '03)
  41. Shredder
  42. Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
  43. Vlad Plasmius
  44. Aang (Avatar)
  45. Zuko
  46. Iroh
  47. Azula
  48. Toph
  49. El Tigre (El Tigre)
  50. Puma Loco
  51. Otis (Barnyard)
  52. Bessie (The Mighty B)
  53. Fanboy (Fanboy and Chum Chum)
  54. Rango (Rango)
  55. Rattlesnake Jake
  56. Korra (The Legend of Korra)
  57. Donatello (TMNT '12)
  58. Rocksteady
  59. Rambamboo (Breadwinners)
  60. Fee (Harvey Beaks)
  61. Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
  62. Luna Loud
  63. Rapheal (Rise of the TMNT)
  64. Parker J. Cloud (Middlemost Post)
  65. Swiper (Dora the Explorer)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
My 53-fighter reboot roster using the template provided here:
Reboot CSS (final).jpg

Something I'd like to point out is that certain slots have transforming characters.
  • Samus / Zero Suit Samus share one slot
  • Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur share one slot via the Pokémon Trainer
  • Pyra and Mythra share one slot
  • Noah and Mio share one slot
  • All three Mii Fighter classes (Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner) share one slot via the Mii button
Which bumps the base roster to even 60 fighters in total.

Characters I wanted to include but scrapped due to the limited space:
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Sheik
  • Wolf
  • The newest Pokémon and Fire Emblem character
  • Byleth
  • Lucas
  • R.O.B.
  • Duck Hunt
  • Snake
  • Simon
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Chun-Li
  • Cloud
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Terry
  • Steve
  • Sora
  • More newcomers from different 1st and 3rd party universes, both old and new

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
A popular subgenre of ideas posted in this thread seem to be Disney rosters, which makes a lot of sense - but seems as it's been a while since I've thrown my hat into the ring, I may as well take a shot at it. I'd like to keep this fairly small-scale to see what comes of it, though.

That being said, I'd like to note something - this game wouldn't be your traditional "platfighter", instead being deliberately more party-focused to appeal to people of all ages. As such, the game doesn't have a traditional health system - instead, it works more like DreamMix TV World Fighters or Melee's Coin Battle, in that you have to collect Magic Kingdom Coins by attacking opponents. The winner is the person with the most coins by the end - but because of this, the game doesn't have a traditional health system, and all knockback from your attacks remains the same regardless of how many times you hit your opponent. In addition, the game's generally simplified compared to others in terms of mechanics - no side specials, no directional dodges, no grabs except for unique specials, everyone has a wall-slide/wall-jump, and so forth.

Notably, each character is categorised by being in one of four unique classifications, which determine what a character's general playstyle, strengths, and weaknesses are. In the base roster, there's six fighters of each archetype - though they're all, of course, unique. These are as follows:
  • Balanced, an all-around archetype giving the fighter a decent range of tools for all situations, but lacking the outright dominance in certain fields that other fighters might have. Balanced fighters tend to be best-suited to newer players, but can also be effective in the hands of a more experienced player.
    • Fighters: Mickey Mouse, Moana, Judy Hopps, Jack Skellington, Jack Sparrow, Ashoka Tano
  • Rushdown, an archetype typically focusing on a combination of speed and close-up dominance, though often at the expense of defensive tools and projectiles. These characters tend to be less outright powerful than some others, but do pretty well in comboes.
    • Fighters: Donald Duck, Mulan, Elasti-Girl, Neytiri, Spider-Man, Wolverine
  • Bruisers, an archetype focusing on powerful attacks and often big-bodied fighters, though they may not be as mobile or fast as others. However, they make up for this with the damage they can output - and sometimes, having overlap with the more traditional grappler archetype.
    • Fighters: Goofy, Wreck-it-Ralph, Gaston, Ursula, Mike & Sully, Darth Vader
  • Blasters, an archetype generally focused on keeping your opponents at range with a variety of projectiles or trapping tools, albeit often at the expense of close-up options or even a bit of speed. That said, their use of a variety of mid-to-long-range tools can help them assure dominance when played well.
    • Fighters: Elsa, Stitch, Maleficent, Buzz Lightyear, Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz, Mary Poppins
The first four characters on the roster (Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Elsa) are intended to be the easiest to pick up, and act as good introductory characters to each archetype.

In addition, each character has a unique costume that gives them a different outfit, but is only a cosmetic change. For some of them, these costumes will be redesigns or alternative appearances (such as Ralph's Marine look, Elasti-Girl's classic look, or Mickey's Magician's Apprentice look), whilst for others, they may be references to other things (like Goofy's Powerline costume in reference to A Goofy Movie, or Gaston's Beast Pelt in reference to his... ideal outcome.)

1. Mickey Mouse: The big cheese. He's the baseline from which the game runs, so it makes sense that his moveset's the equivalent of white bread. That said, I'd like to give him references to all kinds of stuff here and there, including classic and modern media alike. Not as much as NASB, though.​
  2. Donald Duck: The baseline Rushdown, I think Donald's suited to this given his tendency to fly into anger. That said, it'd be fun to give him a mallet for particularly powerful attacks, or just have him swing and flail at opponents for some of his normals.​
  3. Goofy: Our de-facto Bruiser, Goofy's not as outright powerful as some (with many of his moves deliberately playing into his lanky nature), but he still fills the role decently well. This spot nearly went to Minnie or Pete, but having Mickey, Donald and Goofy here just made a lot of sense as the entry trio.​
  4. Elsa: The first Blaster, and someone very likely to be chosen by small children, Elsa isn't overly complicated to get a hold on. Many of her normals do have pretty good range due to her ability to create icicles around her, but she lacks proper close-up tools.​
  5. Moana: An alternative all-arounder who I thought would be fun if we gave her an oar to fight with. Though Maui is probably the more interesting pick mechanically, Moana's marketability (being technically one of the three Princesses I chose) would make her a decent pick here.​
  6. Mulan: A Rushdown focusing on the use of her sword as well as a projectile in the form of a firework, to the point where she probably just about borders on being Balanced, but is a little too fast to really warrant that. Think of her as almost akin to someone like Lyn in a few Smash mods.​
  7. Stitch: A Blaster with plenty of wild zoning tools with his lasers, but uniquely, coupled up with decent (if weak) close-up tools and surprisingly passable movement. Unfortunately, many of Stitch's zoning tools aren't the most accurate, with him being more like a sphere of chaos on the stage.​
  8. Wreck-it-Ralph: A pretty simplistic Bruiser who I can also imagine having a projectile in the form of something he can physically throw at you. A brick, namely. That aside, he's probably the grappler of the roster, though I can imagine him being limited in aerial mobility.​
  9. Judy Hopps: A Balanced who utilises a mix of rabbit-based attacks (of course!) and the occasional pieces of police equipment, such as handcuffs. I gathered a smaller Balanced fighter would make a lot of sense to give the archetype a bit more room to breathe, and it also means she isn't too fast.​
  10. Gaston: A Bruiser who switches between powerful sword swings and up close punches. Funnily enough, this spot nearly went to Kronk before I realised I was kind of lacking in 50s-70s representation overall, so Gaston it was.​
  11. Ursula: A strange mix of a Bruiser and a Blaster, Ursula's moveset works best when she's up close despite her having a couple of ranged tools that are intended purely to get an opponent to approach. Her grab game with her tentacles is also shockingly good, so be careful!​
  12. Maleficent: Effectively a mage with a massive variety of spells to cast, but at the expense of almost any close-up potential. Weirdly, her versatility other than that is pretty good, especially considering her surprisingly good aerial mobility due to her bird wings.​
  13. Buzz Lightyear: A Blaster with a few decent ranged tools, but also not too bad in the melee department. That said, he's probably best-suited to staying at a distance and building up damage with his continual laser beam.​
  14. Elasti-Girl: Our Incredibles rep, chosen over Violet or Mr. Incredible because I think she'd be interesting moveset-wise. She's a Rushdown, but some of her attacks would have a lot more range, giving her more mid-range control than most. Even so, she'd be pretty fast-paced.​
  15. Mike & Sully: A strange take on a duo character, you play as Mike here, but you have Sully following you. For some attacks, Mike does them - but for others, Sully does them. They're a Bruiser of sorts, but they're pretty well-rounded with this in mind.
  16. Jack Skellington: A somewhat eccentric, but functional, Balanced character, Jack Skellington would have some pretty odd quirks and hitboxes here and there - but all in all, it comes together to form a pretty decent character with disjoints due to his lankiness, but unfortunately, limited long-range tools.
  17. Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz: A weird Blaster who'd use his -inators to do a wide variety of things, including debuffing his enemies, buffing himself, or other things entirely. Unfortunately, his -inators tend to explode after use, acting as traps that can be left on stage. He's our only TVA rep, though.
  18. Jack Sparrow: Another sword-wielder, and our first live-action rep. Jack Sparrow could have a ton of fun inclusions given his personality and whatnot, but his general moveset focuses mostly on his use of his cutlass and maybe a flintlock pistol or two.
  19. Neytiri: Our rep for the Avatar films. I ended up going with Neytiri over Jake because I think she'd have more interesting character overall, plus her use of a bow on top of other basic weapons would allow for a particularly unique moveset amongst the cast.
  20. Mary Poppins: Our last live-action Disney rep, Mary Poppins would be a pretty strange and complex Blaster with a variety of tools that clutter the stage as stage control tools, most of which she could pull out of her bag. In addition, her midrange is fine due to her umbrella being a decent weapon.
  21. Spider-Man: Our first Marvel rep, and someone I felt could be fun given his larger pool of abilities compared to Peter (and the fact that he's being pushed in quite a lot of stuff at the moment.) He's also got a unique mechanic where instead of sliding down walls, he clings to them first.
  22. Wolverine: Our second Marvel rep, being a pretty obvious but exciting pick I think would make a lot of sense. He's pretty unique in that his moveset's kind of a blend between Rushdown and Bruiser due to the damage he can deal, but he's also somewhat of a glass cannon.
  23. Ashoka Tano: Our first Star Wars rep, who I chose for a few reasons. Firstly, she's a popular character who can represent a recent product (the Ashoka series), and secondly, dual-wielding lightsabers would make her really unique compared to, say, Obi-Wan, Luke, or Rey.
  24. Darth Vader: Our second Star Wars rep, and honestly someone obvious. He's a solid Bruiser, being pretty slow but devilishly powerful - not to mention with his use of the Force for some powerful grabs, too. That said, his slow speed is his biggest weakness, even if it does make him look really imposing.
Obviously more characters would be added over time, in seasons with groups of four. Ideally, all four characters would release at once, even if they get revealed one after the other. In addition, each season's characters should fill one of the four archetypes. I want to say they'd be a free update, or at least the first batch - and would include a mix of both traditional first-party characters (like Captain Hook, Tron, or Darkwing Duck) or some of Disney's acquisitions, albeit on a rarer basis to make them feel special (like Indiana Jones, a Muppets rep who could maybe be Miss Piggy, and maybe someone from The Simpsons - probably Bart.)

In terms of other characters, you'd be able to have a little buddy that floats around alongside you if you wanted. These could include VINCENT, EVE, Bit, or a myriad of others - the possibilities are endless! In addition, some characters may appear in the background of different stages - and others still may appear as Friends to bring onto the battlefield as assists. There's obviously a lot of modern leaning to the roster, so I'd suggest some older (and possibly more obscure) picks in roles like this - Herbie as a Friend seems like a logical choice, for instance!

Last edited:

txhy8

Smash Cadet
A popular subgenre of ideas posted in this thread seem to be Disney rosters, which makes a lot of sense - but seems as it's been a while since I've thrown my hat into the ring, I may as well take a shot at it. I'd like to keep this fairly small-scale to see what comes of it, though.

That being said, I'd like to note something - this game wouldn't be your traditional "platfighter", instead being deliberately more party-focused to appeal to people of all ages. As such, the game doesn't have a traditional health system - instead, it works more like DreamMix TV World Fighters or Melee's Coin Battle, in that you have to collect Magic Kingdom Coins by attacking opponents. The winner is the person with the most coins by the end - but because of this, the game doesn't have a traditional health system, and all knockback from your attacks remains the same regardless of how many times you hit your opponent. In addition, the game's generally simplified compared to others in terms of mechanics - no side specials, no directional dodges, everyone has a wall-slide/wall-jump, and so forth.

Notably, each character is categorised by being in one of four unique classifications, which determine what a character's general playstyle, strengths, and weaknesses are. In the base roster, there's six fighters of each archetype - though they're all, of course, unique. These are as follows:
  • Balanced, an all-around archetype giving the fighter a decent range of tools for all situations, but lacking the outright dominance in certain fields that other fighters might have. Balanced fighters tend to be best-suited to newer players, but can also be effective in the hands of a more experienced player.
    • Fighters: Mickey Mouse, Moana, Judy Hopps, Jack Skellington, Jack Sparrow, Ashoka Tano
  • Rushdown, an archetype typically focusing on a combination of speed and close-up dominance, though often at the expense of defensive tools and projectiles. These characters tend to be less outright powerful than some others, but do pretty well in comboes.
    • Fighters: Donald Duck, Mulan, Elasti-Girl, Neytiri, Spider-Man, Wolverine
  • Bruisers, an archetype focusing on powerful attacks and often big-bodied fighters, though they may not be as mobile or fast as others. However, they make up for this with the damage they can output - and sometimes, having overlap with the more traditional grappler archetype.
    • Fighters: Goofy, Wreck-it-Ralph, Gaston, Ursula, Mike & Sully, Darth Vader
  • Blasters, an archetype generally focused on keeping your opponents at range with a variety of projectiles or trapping tools, albeit often at the expense of close-up options or even a bit of speed. That said, their use of a variety of mid-to-long-range tools can help them assure dominance when played well.
    • Fighters: Elsa, Stitch, Maleficent, Buzz Lightyear, Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz, Mary Poppins
The first four characters on the roster (Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Elsa) are intended to be the easiest to pick up, and act as good introductory characters to each archetype.

In addition, each character has a unique costume that gives them a different outfit, but is only a cosmetic change. For some of them, these costumes will be redesigns or alternative appearances (such as Ralph's Marine look, Elasti-Girl's classic look, or Mickey's Magician's Apprentice look), whilst for others, they may be references to other things (like Goofy's Powerline costume or Gaston's Beast Pelt.)

1. Mickey Mouse: The big cheese. He's the baseline from which the game runs, so it makes sense that his moveset's the equivalent of white bread. That said, I'd like to give him references to all kinds of stuff here and there, including classic and modern media alike. Not as much as NASB, though.​
  2. Donald Duck: The baseline Rushdown, I think Donald's suited to this given his tendency to fly into anger. That said, it'd be fun to give him a mallet for particularly powerful attacks, or just have him swing and flail at opponents for some of his normals.​
  3. Goofy: Our de-facto Bruiser, Goofy's not as outright powerful as some (with many of his moves deliberately playing into his lanky nature), but he still fills the role decently well. This spot nearly went to Minnie or Pete, but having Mickey, Donald and Goofy here just made a lot of sense as the entry trio.​
  4. Elsa: The first Blaster, and someone very likely to be chosen by small children, Elsa isn't overly complicated to get a hold on. Many of her normals do have pretty good range due to her ability to create icicles around her, but she lacks proper close-up tools.​
  5. Moana: An alternative all-arounder who I thought would be fun if we gave her an oar to fight with. Though Maui is probably the more interesting pick mechanically, Moana's marketability (being technically one of the three Princesses I chose) would make her a decent pick here.​
  6. Mulan: A Rushdown focusing on the use of her sword as well as a projectile in the form of a firework, to the point where she probably just about borders on being Balanced, but is a little too fast to really warrant that. Think of her as almost akin to someone like Lyn in a few Smash mods.​
  7. Stitch: A Blaster with plenty of wild zoning tools with his lasers, but uniquely, coupled up with decent (if weak) close-up tools and surprisingly passable movement. Unfortunately, many of Stitch's zoning tools aren't the most accurate, with him being more like a sphere of chaos on the stage.​
  8. Wreck-it-Ralph: A pretty simplistic Bruiser who I can also imagine having a projectile in the form of something he can physically throw at you. A brick, namely. That aside, he's probably the grappler of the roster, though I can imagine him being limited in aerial mobility.​
  9. Judy Hopps: A Balanced who utilises a mix of rabbit-based attacks (of course!) and the occasional pieces of police equipment, such as handcuffs. I gathered a smaller Balanced fighter would make a lot of sense to give the archetype a bit more room to breathe, and it also means she isn't too fast.​
  10. Gaston: A Bruiser who switches between powerful sword swings and up close punches. Funnily enough, this spot nearly went to Kronk before I realised I was kind of lacking in 50s-70s representation overall, so Gaston it was.​
  11. Ursula: A strange mix of a Bruiser and a Blaster, Ursula's moveset works best when she's up close despite her having a couple of ranged tools that are intended purely to get an opponent to approach. Her grab game with her tentacles is also shockingly good, so be careful!​
  12. Maleficent: Effectively a mage with a massive variety of spells to cast, but at the expense of almost any close-up potential. Weirdly, her versatility other than that is pretty good, especially considering her surprisingly good aerial mobility due to her bird wings.​
  13. Buzz Lightyear: A Blaster with a few decent ranged tools, but also not too bad in the melee department. That said, he's probably best-suited to staying at a distance and building up damage with his continual laser beam.​
  14. Elasti-Girl: Our Incredibles rep, chosen over Violet or Mr. Incredible because I think she'd be interesting moveset-wise. She's a Rushdown, but some of her attacks would have a lot more range, giving her more mid-range control than most. Even so, she'd be pretty fast-paced.​
  15. Mike & Sully: A strange take on a duo character, you play as Mike here, but you have Sully following you. For some attacks, Mike does them - but for others, Sully does them. They're a Bruiser of sorts, but they're pretty well-rounded with this in mind.
  16. Jack Skellington: A somewhat eccentric, but functional, Balanced character, Jack Skellington would have some pretty odd quirks and hitboxes here and there - but all in all, it comes together to form a pretty decent character with disjoints due to his lankiness, but unfortunately, limited long-range tools.
  17. Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz: A weird Blaster who'd use his -inators to do a wide variety of things, including debuffing his enemies, buffing himself, or other things entirely. Unfortunately, his -inators tend to explode after use, acting as traps that can be left on stage. He's our only TVA rep, though.
  18. Jack Sparrow: Another sword-wielder, and our first live-action rep. Jack Sparrow could have a ton of fun inclusions given his personality and whatnot, but his general moveset focuses mostly on his use of his cutlass and maybe a flintlock pistol or two.
  19. Neytiri: Our rep for the Avatar films. I ended up going with Neytiri over Jake because I think she'd have more interesting character overall, plus her use of a bow on top of other basic weapons would allow for a particularly unique moveset amongst the cast.
  20. Mary Poppins: Our last live-action Disney rep, Mary Poppins would be a pretty strange and complex Blaster with a variety of tools that clutter the stage as stage control tools, most of which she could pull out of her bag. In addition, her midrange is fine due to her umbrella being a decent weapon.
  21. Spider-Man: Our first Marvel rep, and someone I felt could be fun given his larger pool of abilities compared to Peter (and the fact that he's being pushed in quite a lot of stuff at the moment.) He's also got a unique mechanic where instead of sliding down walls, he clings to them first.
  22. Wolverine: Our second Marvel rep, being a pretty obvious but exciting pick I think would make a lot of sense. He's pretty unique in that his moveset's kind of a blend between Rushdown and Bruiser due to the damage he can deal, but he's also somewhat of a glass cannon.
  23. Ashoka Tano: Our first Star Wars rep, who I chose for a few reasons. Firstly, she's a popular character who can represent a recent product (the Ashoka series), and secondly, dual-wielding lightsabers would make her really unique compared to, say, Obi-Wan, Luke, or Rey.
  24. Darth Vader: Our second Star Wars rep, and honestly someone obvious. He's a solid Bruiser, being pretty slow but devilishly powerful - not to mention with his use of the Force for some powerful grabs, too. That said, his slow speed is his biggest weakness, even if it does make him look really imposing.
Obviously more characters would be added over time, in seasons with groups of four. Ideally, all four characters would release at once, even if they get revealed one after the other. In addition, each season's characters should fill one of the four archetypes. I want to say they'd be a free update, or at least the first batch.

In terms of other characters, you'd be able to have a little buddy that floats around alongside you if you wanted. These could include VINCENT, EVE, Bit, or a myriad of others - the possibilities are endless! In addition, some characters may appear in the background of different stages - and others still may appear as Friends to bring onto the battlefield as assists.
I'd maybe do Indiana Jones as a fighter and before you ask he is Disney he's owned by Lucasflim which is Disney and before someone says Indy is too old use Raiders of the Lost Arch Indy not Dial of Destiny Indy then you are good

osby

Smash Obsessed
A Shonen Jump+ Platform Fighter:

1699885803627.png

This was an idea that I've been thinking about for a while. Shonen Jump's online app Manga Plus is my go-to place to read manga nowadays it's full of great, exclusive titles which feature some really cool characters we'll likely never see in a Shonen Jump crossover. So I tried making a fighting game roster for a platform fighter - something like an alternative to the main magazine's modern arena fighters. The character selection embraces both the successful stuff and some of the more out-there manga, prioritizing the longer-running series that had proven their popularity, as well as characters who'd bring unique fighting styles. For each fighter, I'll give an explanation that includes how they'd roughly play.

ROSTER

Shonen Jump+ (1).jpg

1. Loid Forger (SPY X FAMILY): He should come off as no surprise - SPY X FAMILY is the breakout hit of Jump+ which would fit into a wacky fighting game well with its focus on action and comedy. Loid would be a fast fighter who can confuse opponents with his spy tools such as dart guns and smoke bombs, as well as quick disguises which allow him to shock and stun opponents.
  2. Yor Forger (SPY X FAMILY): And since you can't have one without the other, Yor is also here. SPY X FAMILY is big enough to justify two fighters and Yor is easily the strongest of the main characters, making her an easy addition. She's a force to be reckoned with using stilettos as both melee weapons and throwing projectiles to rack up damage quickly... but also leaves herself wide open after a lot of her attacks, meaning she's gotta finish the job quickly.
  3. Hibino Kafka (Kaiju #8): Kafka comes from another surprise hit and he's someone who stands out as a working adult who finds himself as a shonen protagonist (and with weird kaiju powers). Kafka's monster form allows him to act as the roster's resident tank, as well as a grappler who can easily shrug off projectiles to reach the opponent with his devastating command grabs.
  4. Leno Ichikawa (Kaiju #8): As Kafka's colleague, Leno represents the more human side of the series as he fights with a tactical rifle, giving him a more projectile-based approach. Fitting to his calm demeanour, his special personal weapon would give him the ability to freeze his opponents and leave them open for his slower shots.
  5. Gabimaru (Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku): The obligatory fighting game ninja - this time from a noticeably darker series. Jigokuraku is amazingly disturbing and Gabimaru's moveset reflects that, with plenty of moves that deal recoil damage by literally setting him on fire to deal increased damage and inflict burn over time. He'd also be able to jump from and cling to walls.
  6. Sagiri Asaemon Yamada (Hell’s Paradise): Sagiri joins Gabimaru as the other hero of Jigokuraku. Lacking supernatural skills, her fighting style is tried-and-true execution arts. Her moveset encourages tactical play, with moves that deal more damage when hit at opponents' backs or heads - as well as a counter.
  7. Ushio Kofune (Summer Time Rendering): This one's a bit outlier, as for all the action in it, Summer Time Rendering's main appeal is its mystery and it's hard to talk about Ushio without spoiling them. Let's say she's more than capable of kicking ass despite looking like a regular teenage girl. I picked her over the main protagonist Shinpei as he's not as physically capable as her and she fits better as the "face" of the manga in my opinion.
  8. Princess (‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess): Princess might look like a brave and regal soldier on the outside... but as her voice lines would immediately show, she's a huge goofball that can easily be "tortured" out of information with snacks and games. She's a heavy paladin character who uses her sentient sword Ex to send sword beams and lighting-fast strikes - however, she's as predictable as she's strong. With an upcoming anime adaptation, she was another easy addition.
  9. Ken “Okarun” Takakura (Dandadan): Dandadan is a really weird manga but also a surprisingly popular one. Okarun might look like a typical nerd at first sight, but as soon as the match starts, he'd transforms into his supernatural form to become a living speed machine that uses unconventional kicks and headbutts to fight. Although his agility would be second to none, he'd also be a fragile glass cannon.
  10. Chloe Love (Ghost Reaper Girl): From the creator of Rosario Vampire, Chloe is a struggling actress who finds herself as a magical girl in a Lovecraftian world thanks to her psychic abilities. In battles, she'd constantly be accompanied by the mysterious being Kai, who takes the shape of her scythe. Aside from her long-range weapon, Chloe can also use Kai's powers to create chains that can pull her targets to herself. Although it's hard to gauge how well her manga does, Chloe was just too unique of a character to pass.
  11. Chrome (HEART GEAR): Despite its lengthy hiatuses, Heart Gear garnered a lot of positive responses thanks to its post-apocalyptic setting, characters and art. One of its protags, Chrome, is a powerful android that comes equipped with heel boosters and rocket arms. When damaged enough, his powered-up side would show itself, enhancing his special attacks at the risk of overheating Chrome and making him even more vulnerable.
  12. Mr. Priest (Make the Exorcist Fall in Love): Despite having only seven volumes under its belt, the manga was able to gather some famous voice actors for its PVs so I'm gonna assume it did well enough. With the power of replicating miracles, the priest would be a more defensive zoner, using barriers and swords of light to keep the opponents at bay - as he'd prefer avoiding unnecessary violence.
  13. Hikaru Gero (MARRIAGETOXIN): From one unusual romantic comedy to the next, Gero is an assassin looking for love but is more talented at fighting against increasingly weird specialists than talking with girls. His fighting style is based on poisoning his opponents with various syringes and leaving toxic clouds and puddles to control the field.
  14. Kana Sakuragi (Magilumiere Co. Ltd.): In a world where being a magical girl is a corporate profession, Kana is a college student who joins a startup company to fight against monsters. Kana is a light and floaty fighter who can use her broom to fly across the field and can create magic circles to set up traps and delayed attacks to cover her approach.
  15. Kai (Diamond in the Rough): Hailing from one of the most fantastical settings so far, Kai is a boy in a world where ‘minerals’ are the centre of human civilization. His craftsmanship abilities allow him to use the power of various gemstones to create barriers and platforms in battle. He's one of the trickiest fighters as he's not very talented at combat.
  16. Shindo Susumu (VIBRATION MAN): Susumu is fun as in he's an aspiring superhero who only is in for popularity and attention but has the weird and uncool power of vibrations. As a fighter, he excels at short-range, vibrating the ground to trip others and looking for grabs that can deliver strong tremors. His most powerful attacks can leave him dazed as much as the opponents.
  17. Yodomi Arakawa (Skeleton Double): Yodomi is a young man investigating the death of his father only to find a mysterious connection with him and a group of invisible people called "skeletons". He has the power of turning invisible to dodge attacks. He attacks with bone-armoured punches, bone swords and even extra limbs that erupt from his back, making him an unpredictable fighter.

Although popular on their own, manga like Chainsaw Man and Ayakashi Triangle would only get characters in DLC, as they started serialization in the main magazine before transitioning to Jump+. DLC would also cover Japan-only releases like Slime Life and Chained Soldier.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I catch the idea from Darkvortex's PlayStation All-Stars as a series,but i will use basing the thread Pop Culture Clash

Pop Culture Brawlers-(PS1/N64)

1. Superman (DC Universe)
  2. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
  3. Mario (Super Mario Bros)
  4. Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
  5. Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes)
  6. Hello Kitty (Sanrio)
  7. Optimus Prime (Transformers)
  8. The Doctor (Doctor Who)
  9. James Bond (007)
  10. Santa Claus
  11. Spider-Man (Marvel Universe)
  12. Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
  13. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  14. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
Pop Culture Brawlers 2: Character Mayhem-(PS2/NGC/XBX)

Veterans:

All of the Pop Culture Brawlers 1

Newcomers:

1. Batman (DC Universe)
  2. Wolverine (Marvel Universe)
  3. Popeye (Popeye)
  4. Garfield (Garfield)
  5. Spongebob (Spongebob Squarepants)
  6. Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
  7. Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
  8. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  9. Astro Boy (Astro Boy)
  10. Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)
  11. Little Red Riding Hood (Fairytale)
  12. Dracula (Dracula)
  13. The Cat in The Hat (Dr. Seuss)
  14. He-Man (Masters of The Universe)
  15. Green Ranger (Power Rangers)
  16. Godzilla (Godzilla)
  17. Ronald McDonald (McDonalds)
Pop Culture Brawlers 3: Super Rumble-(PS3/Wii/X360)

Veterans:

2. Batman (DC Universe)
  3. Spider-Man (Marvel Universe)
  4. Wolverine (Marvel Universe)
  5. Popeye (Popeye)
  6. Garfield (Garfield)
  7. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
  8. Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
  9. Spongebob (Spongebob Squarepants)
  10. Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
  11. Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
  12. Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
  13. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  14. Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
  15. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
  16. Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes)
  17. Dracula (Dracula)
  18. Hello Kitty (Hello Kitty)
  19. Optimus Prime (Transformers)
  20. The Doctor (Doctor Who)
  21. Green Ranger (Power Rangers)
  22. James Bond (007)
  23. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  24. Godzilla (Godzilla)
  25. Santa Claus

Newcomers:
  1. Snoopy (Peanuts)
  2. Spawn (Spawn)
  3. Asterix (Asterix & Obelix)
  4. The Powerpuff Girls (Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup) (Powerpuff Girls) (PPG are Pokèmon Trainer-Like)
  5. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy)
  6. Pikachu (Pokémon)
  7. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  8. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  9. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  10. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
  11. Guts (Berserk)
  12. Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
  13. Shrek (Shrek)
  14. Barbie (Barbie)
  15. Snake Eyes (GI Joe)
  16. Captain Kirk (Star Trek)
  17. Kermit (The Muppets)
  18. Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)
  19. Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
  20. Hercules

Pop Culture Brawlers 4: Clash of Legends-(PS4/Wii U/XBO)

Veterans:
  2. Batman (DC Universe)
  3. Spider-Man (Marvel Universe)
  4. Wolverine (Marvel Universe)
  5. Spawn (Spawn)
  6. Popeye (Popeye)
  7. Garfield (Garfield)
  8. Snoopy (Peanuts)
  9. Asterix (Asterix & Obelix)
  10. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
  11. Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
  12. Spongebob (Spongebob Squarepants)
  13. Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
  14. The Powerpuff Girls (Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup) (The Powerpuff Girls) (PPG are Pokémon Trainer-Like)
  15. Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
  16. Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
  17. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  18. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy)
  19. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  20. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  21. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  22. Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
  23. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
  24. Astro Boy (Astro Boy) (DLC)
  25. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
  26. Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes)
  27. Dracula (Dracula)
  28. Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
  29. Shrek (Shrek)
  30. Optimus Prime (Transformers)
  31. He-Man (Masters of The Universe) (DLC)
  32. Barbie (Barbie)
  33. The Doctor (Doctor Who)
  34. Green Ranger (Power Rangers)
  35. Captain Kirk (Star Trek)
  36. Kermit (The Muppets)
  37. James Bond (007)
  38. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  39. Godzilla (Godzilla)
  40. Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)
  41. Ronald McDonald (McDonald's)
  42. Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
  43. Hello Kitty (Hello Kitty)
  44. Santa Claus

Newcomers:

1. Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)
  2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Leonardo/Donatello/Raphael/Michelangelo) (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) (TMNT are Pokémon Trainer-Like)
  3. Eric Cartman (South Park)
  4. Papa Smurf (The Smurfs)
  5. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  6. Kratos (God of War)
  7. Master Chief (Halo)
  8. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
  9. Ichigo Kurozaki (Bleach)
  10. Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) (DLC)
  11. Sauron (Lord Of The Rings)
  12. Max Steel (Max Steel)
  13. LEGO Figure (LEGO) (LEGO Figure is Mii Fighter-like)
  14. Walter White (Breaking Bad)
  15. Kamen Rider Ichigo (Kamen Rider) (DLC)
  16. Jason Voorhees (Friday The 13th)
  17. Freddy Kruegger (Nightmare on Elm Street)
  18. Robocop (Robocop)
  19. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of The Caribbean)
  20. Eddie The Head (Iron Maiden) (DLC)
  21. Drizzt Do'urden (Dungeons & Dragons) (DLC)
Pop Culture Brawlers 5: Ultimate Showdown-(PS5/XBSX/XBSS/NS)

Veterans:

All of the 4 games

Newcomers:
  1. Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty)
  2. The Terminator (Terminator)
  3. Cthulhu (Call of Cthulhu)
  4. Predator (Predator)
  5. Xenomorph (Alien)
  6. Scooby Doo (Scooby Doo)
  7. Tom & Jerry (Tom & Jerry)
  8. Hellboy (Hellboy)
  9. Doraemon (Doraemon)
  10. Doom Slayer (Doom)
  11. Rocky Balboa (Rocky)
  12. Chess Piece (Chess) (DLC)
  13. Billy Butcher (The Boys) (DLC)
  14. Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam) (DLC) (the Gundam that will be used is RX-78-2 Gundam)
  15. Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony) (DLC)
  16. Rocketeer (Rocketeer) (DLC)
  17. Katniss Evergreen (Hunger Games) (DLC)
  18. John Rambo (Rambo) (DLC)
  19. Heavy (Team Fortress 2) (DLC)
  20. Steve (Minecraft) (DLC)
  21. Tetsuo Shima (AKIRA) (DLC)
  22. Red & Yellow (M&M's) (DLC)
  23. John Wick (John Wick) (DLC)
  24. Ultraman (Ultraman) (DLC)
  25. Wade Watts (Ready Player One) (DLC)
Total of characters: 103 (counting that Powerpuff Girls and TMNT are separate characters)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
What if Fire Emblem Engage was a fighting game?
This is a 2.5D fighting game where players fight with a first-to-three round-based system.

What makes this one stand out is the following:
  • Emblems, rings which summon phantoms of past Fire Emblem characters
    • There is a 5-bar meter at the bottom of the screen with which the player can use Combat Arts
    • Personal Arts, which are specific to each character, ranging between Lv. 1 (1 bar), Lv. 2 (2 bars) and Lv. 3 (3 bars)
    • Emblem Arts are a single action (either attack or parry) that require only 1 bar
    • Each playable character can expend 5 bars to Engage with their chosen Emblem once per match, which works similar to X-Factor from Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    • While in Engage Mode, the player can use the rest of their meter to perform Engage Arts, which they can only do while Engaged with an Emblem
  • Adjutants, which work similar to Assists from the Marvel vs. Capcom series
    • Each player sets 2 Adjutants and an Emblem before the match begins
    • Adjutants work like a mix between Special Partners from Clash of Super Heroes (non-playable characters who assist with their own attacks) and Assists from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and 3 (you can set two Assist characters and choose which attack they use out of three choices)
    • You can only call an Adjutant once per match and you cannot call them while Engaged with an Emblem
(Italics bold is unlockable)
Alear​
Vander​
Alfred​
Céline​
Diamant​
Alcryst​
Ivy​
Hortensia​
Timerra​
Fogado​
Jean
Yunaka
Seadall
Veyle
Lindon
Saphir
Mauvier
Zephia
Queen Lumera
Sombron
Clanne​
Framme​
Etie​
Boucheron​
Chloé​
Louis​
Citrinne​
Lapis​
Amber​
Jade​
Kagetsu​
Zelkov​
Pandreo​
Bunet​
Panette​
Merrin​
Rosado​
Goldmary​
Griss
Marni
Marth​
Alm & Celica​
Sigurd​
Leif​
Roy​
Lyn​
Ephraim & Eirika​
Ike​
Micaiah​
Lucina​
Corrin​
Byleth​
Playable characters
  • Anna (pre-order bonus)
  • Season 1
    • Chloé
    • Lapis
    • Merrin
  • Season 2
    • Kagetsu
    • Griss
    • Marni
  • Season 3
    • Framme & Clanne
    • Nel
    • Nil
Adjutants
  1. Zelestia
  2. Gregory
  3. Madeline
  4. Past Alear
Emblems
  • Tiki
  • Hector
  • Soren
  • Azura
  • Veronica
  • Edelgard
  • Dimitri
  • Claude

Last edited:

txhy8

Smash Cadet
Here's another one for Ya'll

A Comic Book Icon Platform Fighter

Fighters:
Archie Andrew
Sabrina
Snoopy
Garfield
Calvin and Hodges
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
The Flash
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter
Astrex and Oblix
Tintin
The Daltons
Capatian America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Hawkeye
Hellboy
Invincible
Scott Pilgrim
Romana Flower
Jingle Belle
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Uncle Art

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
So here's part 1 of my YouTube x KH project:
Kingdom Hearts One Part One: Characters and Keyholes:
  • Main Characters:
    • Sora
    • Tommy
    • Wilbur Soot
    • Philza
    • Kairi
    • Scythe(Avisterra)
    • Friend the Sheep
    • Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
    • Riku
  • Destiny Islands
    • Pat(Regular Pat)
    • Josh(Josh Scorcher)
    • Tyler(SuperButterBuns)
  • L’manberg
    • Toby
    • Jack Manifold
    • Ranboo
  • Traverse Town
    • Power “Pow Pow” Crystal(Avisterra)
    • Rush(Avisterra)
    • Jaiden(Jaiden Animations)
    • Sean(Jacksepticeye)
    • Stampy(Stampy’s Lovely World)
    • Bee(Bee and Puppycat)
    • Puppycat(Bee and Puppycat)
    • Spons(Caddicarus)
    • Wiz(DEATH BATTLE)
    • Boomstick(DEATH BATTLE)
  • Sweet Jazz City(Epithet Erased)
    • Molly Blyndeff
    • Giovanni Potage
    • Sylvester “Sylvie” Ashling
    • Banzai Blaster Grunt
    • Mera Salamin
    • Indus Tarbella
  • Hermitville(Hermitcraft)
    • Vladmare(Dreamscape)
    • Xisuma
    • Grian
    • Cleo
    • Mumbo Jumbo
    • Doc M
    • Iskall
    • Carol
    • Evil Xisuma
  • Copper Nine(Murder Drones)
    • Uzi Doorman
    • Serial Designation N
    • Khan Doorman
    • Serial Designation J
    • Serial Designation V
  • Terrorvale(Yogscast: Shadow of Israphel)
    • Honeydew
    • Xephos
    • Old Peculiar
    • Daisy Duke
    • Israphel
    • Zombie Minion
    • Monster Minion
    • Skeleton Minion
  • Nowhere(Nomad of Nowhere)
    • Nomad
    • Skout
  • Scorchwater Valley(The Rhino and the Redbill)
    • Niles
    • Red
    • Sam
    • Rolo Redstone
    • Scavenger
  • Tal’ Dorei(Critical Role/The Legend of Vox Machina)
    • Percival “Percy” Fredrickstein Von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III
    • Grog Strongjaw
    • Keyleth of the Air Ashari
    • Pike Trickfoot
    • Scanlan Shorthalt
    • Vax’ildan “Vax” Vessar
    • Vex’ahlia “Vex” Vessar
    • Trinket
    • Cassandra De Rolo
    • Keeper Yennen
    • Archibald Desnay
    • Delilah Briarwood
    • Sylas Briarwood
  • Port Aurora(Sunset Paradise)
    • Meggy Spletzman
    • Auri Bori
    • Aziz Yousi
    • Lighthouse Guard
    • Aloysius Bori
    • Sir Benedict Cumbersnatch
    • Whisk
    • Goonies
  • Hollow Bastion
    • Lewis Pepper(Mystery Skulls Animated)
    • Vivi Yukino(Mystery Skulls Animated)
    • Ruby Rose(RWBY)
    • Cordie(Cliffside)
    • Mio Ookami(Holoearth Chronicles Side:E Yamato Phantasia)
    • Salem(RWBY)
    • “The Unknown”
  • End of the World
    • Eyes of the Universe(Spooky Month)
  • Summons
    • The Chosen One(Animator v.s. Animation)
    • Annoying Orange(...)
    • Gawr Gura(Hololive)
    • Sun Wukong(Overly Sarcastic Productions)
  • Keyholes
    • Destiny Islands - On a door in the Secret Place
    • Traverse Town - On the Water Fountain in the Third District
    • Sweet Jazz City - On the wall behind the Angel statue in the Museum Lobby
    • Hermitville - Behind the Dragon Head Mount in the Dragon Bros. Bunker
    • Copper Nine - On the floor in the Shelter
    • Terrorvale - On the wall in the House on the Hill
    • Nowhere - On the top of a rock face in the Thorned Grove
    • Scorchwater Valley - On the sign in Trench Trail: Exit
    • Tal’Dorei - At the base of the Sun Tree in Whitestone
    • Port Aurora - On the ceiling of the Lighthouse
    • Hollow Bastion - On a wall in the Basement Lab
    • End of the World - On the door to the Realm of Darkness/The Final Keyhole

Edit 1: Added Friend the Sheep to Main Character Section(He's the Pluto Replacement)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
So, midway through my last post here, I had a dumb but fun idea for a hypothetical world in which Player First Games originally proposed MultiVersus to Disney - but it was approved. This presumes pretty much everything else goes the same - including release dates and so forth - but the game continues before being shut down, presumably because of Disney ensuring there's a tighter leash on stuff.

With this in mind, a few preliminary points:
  1. Only characters owned by Disney are going to be allowed here, but, this prominently includes acquisitions. I originally wanted this to be more Disney-centric, but I felt as I was working on it that it'd be more likely for Disney to lean into the "Multiverse" concept by including stuff from acquired franchises, like Star Wars, Marvel, and so forth.
  2. Characters would have the same movesets as they would in MultiVersus, which also includes the character archetypes and perks. I'll keep those the same as they were in the original game, but each character would also have unique perks to them.
  3. As cool as a Reindog-type character would be in this game, I don't think Disney would sign off on having an original character amongst their own icons. As such, they won't be included. (Sorry.)
So, starting off with the launch roster (plus one character from the Open Beta), this is how the roster would look as of 26/06/22.

1. Mickey Mouse - Brawler - ...were you expecting Micheal Rat not to be here? His moveset's basically a hodgepodge of elements from throughout his history, with the exception of Runaway Brain, because that will never, ever happen. One concept that seems like it could be fun is him pulling out the wheel from Steamboat Willie and then rolling it at people.
  2. Olaf - Brawler - A bit of an unorthodox Brawler. Given MultiVersus is a 2v2 game, I felt that Frozen would kind of make sense for getting a second rep in the base roster. Olaf himself should be pretty easy to pick up, but I also think it'd be fun for the cloud over his head to also work to give him a little additional verticality.
  3. Buzz Lightyear - Brawler - This might seem kind of weird, but I think Buzz fits the Brawler role pretty well, especially if we give him the blade from Lightyear and such (whilst maybe having his laser as an additional projectile option.) Not much to note on this, aside from Toy Story being an obvious candidate to start representing Pixar with.
  4. Miss Piggy - Brawler - I think a Muppets character makes a lot of sense for the base roster, and as much as Kermit is probably the more obvious (and maybe objectively correct) choice, I feel Miss Piggy would be a lot of fun too. I picture her moveset as being based on her martial arts skills, featuring a moveset predominantly inspired by Bruce Lee.
  5. Rey - Brawler - Our first Star Wars rep, and someone I think makes a lot of sense. Rey's essentially our prototypical "Jedi rep", utilising a well-rounded mix of lightsaber attacks and the use of the Force. As for why her over, say, Darth Vader, I feel like the "modern trilogy" makes a lot of sense to represent in a space like this - and she's not the only Star Wars character here anyway.
  6. Mulan - Assassin - A rep for the 90s Disney animated films, plus a generally good pick for this kind of thing and another Disney Princess. Plus, I think Mulan having a sword-centric moveset would work really well, and giving her fireworks as well would be a lot of fun. If you wanted, you could even include the whole "chi" element they implied in the 2019 remake, which might not be popular, but could be cool mechanically.
  7. Jessie - Assassin - Another Toy Story character, and one I felt would be pretty fun. Whilst there's a few obvious things for her to maybe have access to (like a lasso or even Bullseye), I think it could also be cool to give her a fast-paced moveset with other elements of cowboy iconography, like maybe a cork gun or something like that.
  8. Jack Sparrow - Assassin - Compared to Mulan, I reckon Jack Sparrow could have a really unique moveset overall, despite also being a sword-user. Having him sort of stagger around would be a great way to make him unique visually, right? Plus, a live-action
  9. Goofy - Tank - The second Mickey Mouse & Friends character, I felt he'd be more interesting than Donald Duck mostly because of his larger, lankier appearance that'd differentiate him from Mickey quite significantly, all whilst having a similar sort of moveset concept.
  10. Captain Marvel - Tank - Our obvious candidate for a Marvel character, I think Captain Marvel makes a lot of sense, and I can imagine her playing a little bit like Superman over in the original MultiVersus. That aside, the upcoming release of The Marvels could also be a good reason to include her beyond just her being prominent in marketing in general.
  11. Violet - Support - Another Pixar character, Violet makes sense to be a support character akin to Steven in the original game - utilsing her forcefields to defend allies, all whilst having a surprisingly mobile moveset of her own that lets her do some decently cool things anyway.
  12. Mary Poppins - Support - Well, she is practically perfect in every way. I think she's actually a good pick for something like this, perhaps utilising a wide variety of objects from within her bag, as well as attacking with her umbrella. I don't actually have much to note on her, but her supports would probably include directly buffing her allies' attack power and speed, with the caveat that these buffs get deactivated if they get attacked even once.
  13. Doctor Strange - Support - ...so, yeah, Doctor ****ing Strange isn't a Mage/Ranged character, but I think this makes a lot of sense. One idea I think could be fun is that he can have three jumps, or hand his Cloak of Levitation over to his ally to give them a defense boost and an additional jump at the cost of his own. In addition, him having magically-based attacks would work pretty well to make him decently long-range.
  14. Elsa - Mage/Ranged - The difficulty with Elsa is that she's pretty well-suited to the Mage/Ranged archetype, but can't really be allowed to be too complicated, lest six-year-old Caeitelyine from Delaware not be able to understand how to use her favourite abstract concept in the observable universe. So, as such, Elsa's moveset is fairly simple but understandable, utilising her ice powers to do some funky stuff.
  15. Iron Man - Mage/Ranged - An obvious third Marvel rep, Iron Man's moveset pretty much writes itself. One idea I do like is that his normals would feature close-range repulsor blasts, but if you charge them, he fires out beams with longer range - but after firing three of these beams collectively, they go on cooldown. That aside, it's Iron Man, of course he's here.
  16. Din Djarin - Mage/Ranged - Our second Star Wars rep, and again, someone who makes a lot of sense to promote a recent product, albeit at the same time being a pretty well-liked character. He'd probably be on the simpler side as a Mage/Ranged character, but I would say he'd still have Grogu following him around here. In fact, having Grogu use the Force on an opponent as an attack could be fun.
  17. Kronk - Tank - Oh yeah. It's all coming together. Kronk's in a similar role to LeBron James in the actual MultiVersus, being released a week after the game's start - but I ended up thinking that Kronk was a great choice. There's plenty of memes behind him, he's a well-liked character, he represents the 2000s era pretty well, and I think it'd be really fun to have Ysma riding on his back, who could maybe toss potions around as some kind of projectile.
Then... how about Season One?

1. Darkwing Duck - Brawler - So, this one's a bit of an oddball, but I want to promote the idea that almost anyone is possible. (Even if I suppose Scrooge was probably the objectively correct choice, but shh.) Darkwing's use of his various gadgets such as the gas gun, plus his decently effective brawler moveset consisting of his use of Quack-Fu, would genuinely make him a pretty fun and unique pick that I think people would like.
  2. Shuri - Assassin - A promotional pick for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, I felt that going for Shuri would be a lot of fun, given her wide variety of technological equipment she can use in combat. Given she's based on that film, I'd have her default costume be her Panther Habit, allowing her to use both claws up close and her sonic weapons for mid-range tools. She's called Shuri instead of Black Panther to avoid spoilers. Sorry.
  3. Beaker - Support - Our second Muppets pick, and an obvious candidate for being included as a Support character. As you can probably imagine, his moveset would predominantly revolve around his use of lab equipment, but I'd also suggest we should include Beaker's tendency to suffer at the hands of Bunsen as well as his slightly clumsy nature. One of his more powerful attacks being him mixing chemicals that explode in his face could be funny.
  4. Darth Vader - Tank - An obvious candidate for a new Star Wars character, Darth Vader is a clear tank character who'd be significantly heavier than someone like Rey, using powerful strikes but moving slowly to give him an imposing feel. I don't really have much to note on him, aside from that it'd be cool if he could have a reflector for his lightsaber sweet spots.
  5. Maleficent - Mage/Ranged - Given she releases on Halloween, it was between her or Jack Skellington... but I felt a villainous character could be fun, and having her alongside Darth Vader in advertising (kind of like how Stripe and Black Adam were) would be pretty cool. She'd predominantly focus on her use of magical attacks, as well as perhaps being accompanied by her crow.
...and sure, let's follow that up with Season Two.

1. Oswald - Brawler - An unorthodox pick, and one I did deliberate on for some time. I originally pegged this for Minnie, but I felt Oswald - deliberately referencing the classic cartoon shorts instead of being a composite character like Mickey - would be a really fun character, and again, I want people to feel like almost anything is possible!
  2. Neytiri - Assassin - Cross-promotion for Avatar: The Way of Water, Neytiri would predominantly fight using her bow or blades, generally having a fast-paced moveset with which she can quickly and effectively take down opponents, albeit at the cost of being on the lighter side overall. Not much to note on her, she's a fairly obvious candidate for this kind of thing.
  3. Rocket & Groot - Mage/Ranged - Releasing on Christmas Eve, I think Rocket & Groot would be great cross-promotion for The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, as well as being pretty popular characters on their own. Rocket would ride on Groot's back, firing his arsenal of weapons as specials whilst Groot would use his abilities for mid-range control.
  4. Animal - Tank - Our third Muppets rep, I think Animal would be a pretty unique pick who could blend Tank and Support roles into one chaotic whole. His attacks would mainly use his drumsticks, with him being pretty slow but having fast and powerful attacks. However, he'd also have access to powerful drum-based AoE attacks - which buff an ally's defence if they're within range!
  5. Stitch - Mage/Ranged - Another fan-favourite character who I think makes a lot of sense, Stitch would be a fairly mobile Mage/Ranged character with access to alien laser guns and other fun stuff overall, uniquely blending elements of Mage/Ranged with Assassin to a certain extent. He's in so much merchandise that he felt like an inevitability, to be honest.
Obviously this would continue over time, but yeah. Fun.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know mickey mouse has had so many different roles that he could fill out an entire roster of unique fighters

1. Mickey Mouse
  2. Classic Mickey
  3. Apprentice Mickey
  4. Musketeer Mickey
  5. King Mickey
  6. Clock Cleaning Mickey
  7. Handy Man Mickey
  8. Lifeguard Mickey
  9. Prince Mickey
  10. Pauper Mickey
  11. Club Manager Mickey
  12. Wonderful World Mickey
  13. Epic Mickey
  14. Illusion Mickey
  15. Julius Mickey
  16. Tailor Mickey
  17. Lorcana Mickey
  18. Cowboy Mickey
  19. Ghost Hunter Mickey
  20. Bob Cratchitt
i may do donald and bugs

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
you know mickey mouse has had so many different roles that he could fill out an entire roster of unique fighters

1. Mickey Mouse
  2. Classic Mickey
  3. Apprentice Mickey
  4. Musketeer Mickey
  5. King Mickey
  6. Clock Cleaning Mickey
  7. Handy Man Mickey
  8. Lifeguard Mickey
  9. Prince Mickey
  10. Pauper Mickey
  11. Club Manager Mickey
  12. Wonderful World Mickey
  13. Epic Mickey
  14. Illusion Mickey
  15. Julius Mickey
  16. Tailor Mickey
  17. Lorcana Mickey
  18. Cowboy Mickey
  19. Ghost Hunter Mickey
  20. Bob Cratchitt
i may do donald and bugs
Wish that Runaway Brain Mickey was part of the DLC.

So, midway through my last post here, I had a dumb but fun idea for a hypothetical world in which Player First Games originally proposed MultiVersus to Disney - but it was approved. This presumes pretty much everything else goes the same - including release dates and so forth - but the game continues before being shut down, presumably because of Disney ensuring there's a tighter leash on stuff.

With this in mind, a few preliminary points:
  1. Only characters owned by Disney are going to be allowed here, but, this prominently includes acquisitions. I originally wanted this to be more Disney-centric, but I felt as I was working on it that it'd be more likely for Disney to lean into the "Multiverse" concept by including stuff from acquired franchises, like Star Wars, Marvel, and so forth.
  2. Characters would have the same movesets as they would in MultiVersus, which also includes the character archetypes and perks. I'll keep those the same as they were in the original game, but each character would also have unique perks to them.
  3. As cool as a Reindog-type character would be in this game, I don't think Disney would sign off on having an original character amongst their own icons. As such, they won't be included. (Sorry.)
So, starting off with the launch roster (plus one character from the Open Beta), this is how the roster would look as of 26/06/22.

1. Mickey Mouse - Brawler - ...were you expecting Micheal Rat not to be here? His moveset's basically a hodgepodge of elements from throughout his history, with the exception of Runaway Brain, because that will never, ever happen. One concept that seems like it could be fun is him pulling out the wheel from Steamboat Willie and then rolling it at people.
  2. Olaf - Brawler - A bit of an unorthodox Brawler. Given MultiVersus is a 2v2 game, I felt that Frozen would kind of make sense for getting a second rep in the base roster. Olaf himself should be pretty easy to pick up, but I also think it'd be fun for the cloud over his head to also work to give him a little additional verticality.
  3. Buzz Lightyear - Brawler - This might seem kind of weird, but I think Buzz fits the Brawler role pretty well, especially if we give him the blade from Lightyear and such (whilst maybe having his laser as an additional projectile option.) Not much to note on this, aside from Toy Story being an obvious candidate to start representing Pixar with.
  4. Miss Piggy - Brawler - I think a Muppets character makes a lot of sense for the base roster, and as much as Kermit is probably the more obvious (and maybe objectively correct) choice, I feel Miss Piggy would be a lot of fun too. I picture her moveset as being based on her martial arts skills, featuring a moveset predominantly inspired by Bruce Lee.
  5. Rey - Brawler - Our first Star Wars rep, and someone I think makes a lot of sense. Rey's essentially our prototypical "Jedi rep", utilising a well-rounded mix of lightsaber attacks and the use of the Force. As for why her over, say, Darth Vader, I feel like the "modern trilogy" makes a lot of sense to represent in a space like this - and she's not the only Star Wars character here anyway.
  6. Mulan - Assassin - A rep for the 90s Disney animated films, plus a generally good pick for this kind of thing and another Disney Princess. Plus, I think Mulan having a sword-centric moveset would work really well, and giving her fireworks as well would be a lot of fun. If you wanted, you could even include the whole "chi" element they implied in the 2019 remake, which might not be popular, but could be cool mechanically.
  7. Jessie - Assassin - Another Toy Story character, and one I felt would be pretty fun. Whilst there's a few obvious things for her to maybe have access to (like a lasso or even Bullseye), I think it could also be cool to give her a fast-paced moveset with other elements of cowboy iconography, like maybe a cork gun or something like that.
  8. Jack Sparrow - Assassin - Compared to Mulan, I reckon Jack Sparrow could have a really unique moveset overall, despite also being a sword-user. Having him sort of stagger around would be a great way to make him unique visually, right? Plus, a live-action
  9. Goofy - Tank - The second Mickey Mouse & Friends character, I felt he'd be more interesting than Donald Duck mostly because of his larger, lankier appearance that'd differentiate him from Mickey quite significantly, all whilst having a similar sort of moveset concept.
  10. Captain Marvel - Tank - Our obvious candidate for a Marvel character, I think Captain Marvel makes a lot of sense, and I can imagine her playing a little bit like Superman over in the original MultiVersus. That aside, the upcoming release of The Marvels could also be a good reason to include her beyond just her being prominent in marketing in general.
  11. Violet - Support - Another Pixar character, Violet makes sense to be a support character akin to Steven in the original game - utilsing her forcefields to defend allies, all whilst having a surprisingly mobile moveset of her own that lets her do some decently cool things anyway.
  12. Mary Poppins - Support - Well, she is practically perfect in every way. I think she's actually a good pick for something like this, perhaps utilising a wide variety of objects from within her bag, as well as attacking with her umbrella. I don't actually have much to note on her, but her supports would probably include directly buffing her allies' attack power and speed, with the caveat that these buffs get deactivated if they get attacked even once.
  13. Doctor Strange - Support - ...so, yeah, Doctor ****ing Strange isn't a Mage/Ranged character, but I think this makes a lot of sense. One idea I think could be fun is that he can have three jumps, or hand his Cloak of Levitation over to his ally to give them a defense boost and an additional jump at the cost of his own. In addition, him having magically-based attacks would work pretty well to make him decently long-range.
  14. Elsa - Mage/Ranged - The difficulty with Elsa is that she's pretty well-suited to the Mage/Ranged archetype, but can't really be allowed to be too complicated, lest six-year-old Caeitelyine from Delaware not be able to understand how to use her favourite abstract concept in the observable universe. So, as such, Elsa's moveset is fairly simple but understandable, utilising her ice powers to do some funky stuff.
  15. Iron Man - Mage/Ranged - An obvious third Marvel rep, Iron Man's moveset pretty much writes itself. One idea I do like is that his normals would feature close-range repulsor blasts, but if you charge them, he fires out beams with longer range - but after firing three of these beams collectively, they go on cooldown. That aside, it's Iron Man, of course he's here.
  16. Din Djarin - Mage/Ranged - Our second Star Wars rep, and again, someone who makes a lot of sense to promote a recent product, albeit at the same time being a pretty well-liked character. He'd probably be on the simpler side as a Mage/Ranged character, but I would say he'd still have Grogu following him around here. In fact, having Grogu use the Force on an opponent as an attack could be fun.
  17. Kronk - Tank - Oh yeah. It's all coming together. Kronk's in a similar role to LeBron James in the actual MultiVersus, being released a week after the game's start - but I ended up thinking that Kronk was a great choice. There's plenty of memes behind him, he's a well-liked character, he represents the 2000s era pretty well, and I think it'd be really fun to have Ysma riding on his back, who could maybe toss potions around as some kind of projectile.
Then... how about Season One?

1. Darkwing Duck - Brawler - So, this one's a bit of an oddball, but I want to promote the idea that almost anyone is possible. (Even if I suppose Scrooge was probably the objectively correct choice, but shh.) Darkwing's use of his various gadgets such as the gas gun, plus his decently effective brawler moveset consisting of his use of Quack-Fu, would genuinely make him a pretty fun and unique pick that I think people would like.
  2. Shuri - Assassin - A promotional pick for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, I felt that going for Shuri would be a lot of fun, given her wide variety of technological equipment she can use in combat. Given she's based on that film, I'd have her default costume be her Panther Habit, allowing her to use both claws up close and her sonic weapons for mid-range tools. She's called Shuri instead of Black Panther to avoid spoilers. Sorry.
  3. Beaker - Support - Our second Muppets pick, and an obvious candidate for being included as a Support character. As you can probably imagine, his moveset would predominantly revolve around his use of lab equipment, but I'd also suggest we should include Beaker's tendency to suffer at the hands of Bunsen as well as his slightly clumsy nature. One of his more powerful attacks being him mixing chemicals that explode in his face could be funny.
  4. Darth Vader - Tank - An obvious candidate for a new Star Wars character, Darth Vader is a clear tank character who'd be significantly heavier than someone like Rey, using powerful strikes but moving slowly to give him an imposing feel. I don't really have much to note on him, aside from that it'd be cool if he could have a reflector for his lightsaber sweet spots.
  5. Maleficent - Mage/Ranged - Given she releases on Halloween, it was between her or Jack Skellington... but I felt a villainous character could be fun, and having her alongside Darth Vader in advertising (kind of like how Stripe and Black Adam were) would be pretty cool. She'd predominantly focus on her use of magical attacks, as well as perhaps being accompanied by her crow.
...and sure, let's follow that up with Season Two.

1. Oswald - Brawler - An unorthodox pick, and one I did deliberate on for some time. I originally pegged this for Minnie, but I felt Oswald - deliberately referencing the classic cartoon shorts instead of being a composite character like Mickey - would be a really fun character, and again, I want people to feel like almost anything is possible!
  2. Neytiri - Assassin - Cross-promotion for Avatar: The Way of Water, Neytiri would predominantly fight using her bow or blades, generally having a fast-paced moveset with which she can quickly and effectively take down opponents, albeit at the cost of being on the lighter side overall. Not much to note on her, she's a fairly obvious candidate for this kind of thing.
  3. Rocket & Groot - Mage/Ranged - Releasing on Christmas Eve, I think Rocket & Groot would be great cross-promotion for The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, as well as being pretty popular characters on their own. Rocket would ride on Groot's back, firing his arsenal of weapons as specials whilst Groot would use his abilities for mid-range control.
  4. Animal - Tank - Our third Muppets rep, I think Animal would be a pretty unique pick who could blend Tank and Support roles into one chaotic whole. His attacks would mainly use his drumsticks, with him being pretty slow but having fast and powerful attacks. However, he'd also have access to powerful drum-based AoE attacks - which buff an ally's defence if they're within range!
  5. Stitch - Mage/Ranged - Another fan-favourite character who I think makes a lot of sense, Stitch would be a fairly mobile Mage/Ranged character with access to alien laser guns and other fun stuff overall, uniquely blending elements of Mage/Ranged with Assassin to a certain extent. He's in so much merchandise that he felt like an inevitability, to be honest.
Obviously this would continue over time, but yeah. Fun.
The base game looks fun. You have your usuals and oddballs, plus the occasional snub. Plus, if there were franchises to bank on the 2v2 twist, you can't go wrong with Mickey and Friends, Frozen, Toy Story, Marvel, and Star Wars proving it. However, I wouldn't have pegged that lady between Violet and Doctor Strange to be Mary Poppins.

Speaking of Captain Marvel, using her as a promotional tool would be made funnier after seeing the movie she's promoting here.

Season 1 is obviously the most packed lineup, although Season 2 isn't far behind IMO. We all know that Rocket and Groot would be paired with Mary Poppins for one obvious reason, but after seeing the full roster, I can safely say that Donald Duck, Woody, and Kermit were robbed.

Speaking of robbing people, wouldn't it be funny if there was a hint that everyone thought was Robin Hood, only to have Zorro show up instead?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
A final Disney roster.

download-removebg-preview.png

Tired to represent as much of the companies mainline history as possible.

DLC. Four packs of three

download__1_-removebg-preview.png

Pack 1 - Marvellous Heroes
Pack 2 - Galaxy Gladiators
Pack 3 - Fox Fighters
Pack 4 - Champions through Time

(Disney + have the non UK distribution rights for new Doctor Who. This is my most questionable pick)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
A final Disney roster.

View attachment 380799
Tired to represent as much of the companies mainline history as possible.

DLC. Four packs of three

View attachment 380800

Pack 1 - Marvellous Heroes
Pack 2 - Galaxy Gladiators
Pack 3 - Fox Fighters
Pack 4 - Fighters through Time

(Disney + have the non UK distribution rights for new Doctor Who. This is my most questionable pick)
I think (personally) that Woody Woodpecker should've been a Guest Fighter.
Considering that He was the only character that got approved to have a cameo during the development of the first version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A while back I made a newcomer roster for an Ultimate sequel, don't know if I ever posted it here, but I just added some echoes, and kinda feel like going through why I went with the characters I did

I'll do the unique characters first, since a lot of the reasoning for the echoes was derived from gaps in this set. The aim here was to please both Celebration-of-Gaming fans and Nintendo All-Stars fans, and fill perceived gaps in the roster without just overloading it with fan-requests. Realism wasn't considered.
  1. Waluigi is the fan demand pick of the 1Ps. That's really the whole rationale. Of the major 1P fan picks, he's my favourite, and also probably the most popular from a mainstream perspective.
  2. Impa, Midna, and Tingle were all in response to a percieved lack of Zelda rep. There aren't really any fully agreed upon Zelda reps who are overwhelmingly wanted by fans, even if Ninja Impa and Skull Kid seem to be more popular, that isn't overwhelming. Impa was chosen for her importance, with Elderly Impa being chosen in specific for making up the majority of Impa appearances and lending herself to a more unique moveset, along with a lack of geriatric characters in fighting games. this was before the nasb 2 leak I tried to make sure the female characters were unlike the usual female characters of Smash, since most of the women in Smash fall into the camp of "slender, pretty, human, young adult" - not that there's anything wrong with that alone (as you'll see with a later 1P pick), but it's nice to have more diverse female designs.
  3. I really like Midna's character design, and I think that her whole hair thing lends itself to a fun moveset. TP fans were probably disappointed by Ultimate, so she fills that niche. Being a non-human female character is also an advantage she brings.
  4. A lack of modern Kirby rep is a common criticism of Smash, and Susie fills that niche, being a bit of a fan favourite from what many consider the definitive best Kirby game. She also has a very abstract design, which is fun, especially for a female character.
  5. Youngster was a me pick - I wanted more Gen 1, and I wanted a weaker, sillier Pokemon like Squirtle, Jigglypuff, and Pichu before him. While there are other Pokemon that fit either or both descriptors I'd prefer, I think Youngster's trio (Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat) is so iconic that it's hard to really shoot down or view as "random", and a second Pokemon stance fighter has been a common request since Brawl.
  6. The lack of legendary Pokemon representation in Smash is quite bizarre from an objective standpoint, and Genesect just fits Smash perfectly as a mobile, powerful, and fast creature. Gen 5 is, like Robobot, often considered the best Pokemon game, so it makes sense to represent it here.
  7. While not particularly popular Smash requests, Callie and Marie are in a similar spot to Isabelle as being overwhelmingly popular outside of that niche, and probably having a large support base that's just silent and doesn't frequent Smash forums.
  8. Rhythm Heaven has been a popular Smash pick for a while, and had a few devastating close calls. Yuka was chosen because she's so generic that she can basically do anything. Hanging on to a rocket, partaking in a quiz show, slashing a sword - she could basically do anything because she's just... a girl who hangs out with monkeys. Unlike Karate Joe, the Chorus Boys, or the Wandering Samurai who are all very specific in themes. Rhythm games are also not yet repped in Smash
  9. Tingle is a bit of a me pick, he's very much a popular character, and has received quite a bit of re-evaluation in recent years from the Westerners who once got him banned from the Zelda series. I think I like Tingle as a sort of way of saying "hey, the dust has settled, you want to give this guy another go?" choice. I also like that he represents a spin-off series that isn't Mario.
  10. Going into third parties, the reasons will be a lot more simple since 3Ps are nowhere near as comprehensive as they exist today. Case in point: Dr. Eggman. Sonic is underrepped, villains are underrepped, Eggman is one of the most iconic villains and one of the most iconic Sonics.
  11. Blanka was a me pick of sorts. It doesn't really make sense to only rep a fighting game series, known for its wide cast, with the basic protagonist - and Blanka is my favourite of the SF cast.
  12. M-rated games are underrepped, gritty games are underrepped, Western games are underrepped - these 3 things were all being kept in mind heavily for 3Ps. CJ is a somewhat humourous pick that would catch people off-guard and get people talking - but, like Steve, makes perfect sense when you step back and forget about the Smash discourse and fan rules.
  13. Sub-Zero basically has the same reasoning as CJ, even if not exactly as memetic. I chose Sub-Zero over Scorpion simply because I think ice is more unique, with there only really being one character in Smash who is mostly ice-based. Also a bit interesting as a series that has infamously flopped in Japan. MK also has an interesting role in Nintendo history, which would give SZ's inclusion a bit of irony factor.
  14. Kratos is the most iconic PlayStation character, and falls under the gritty Western M-rated camp. I think I would want to encourage a Nintendo-based audience to learn more about PS.
  15. PaRappa supplements Kratos as a sort of way to say to Nintendo fans "hey, PlayStation does silly kiddie stuff too!". A lot of PaRappa fans haven't played the games, so it's very likely that he has a bigger fandom overlap with Nintendo than any other PS character. Also technically the first rhythm game (this title is somewhat dubious, but mostly correct) so a nice game to honour. Also a me-pick, as should be obvious
  16. Master Chief fills the big 3 criteria I was looking for, and also properly represents Xbox after two non-Xbox-associated Microsoft reps.
  17. Nintendo fans don't like Call of Duty - at all, it almost has a cryptid-like status where nobody in the Nintendo scene knows anything about it, but hates it for... killing platformers or something (which it didn't). Ghost is probably the most controversial non-echo on the roster for this, so I guess you could call him an "evil pick". I think a game this big should probably be represented somehow, and it'd be nice to try and quell the sheer hatred Nintendo fans have for COD, even if it'd be at its most intense before the reveal sets in. Ghost was chosen because the mask gives him a slightly more stylised edge.
  18. Adventurer? Want to teach Nintendo fans about history, simple really. I chose the square over the dragons/ducks/seahorses because well... playing as a faceless square is funny, and feels more representative of "character design" of the era.

Now, the echoes, these were a little more driven by personal bias.
  1. Dr. Bowser is THE joke pick. I have no non-comedic justification for him, that's why he got in. Just a weird, obscure, excessively nonsensical pick who gets a quick laugh every time you hover over him on the CSS. While I like Igglybuff and Small Mario better for this role, I think that Dr. Bowser benefits from being more obscure (being from a defunct mobile game), the sheer juxtaposition of a powerful monster being a professional heathcare expert, and technically being a mixture of two Smash characters. It all just culminates in something very bizarre and questionable, wheras Small Mario and Igglybuff are well known characters in their own right regardless of how frail they are.
  2. Paula is just a very obvious pick - all of Ness' moves are from her, why wouldn't she get in as an echo? Plus, she is really the true hero of EarthBound all things considered. I think having female echoes of male characters is a very good thing to do, so people who want to play as a woman but like the moveset of another character could have an option.
  3. Malos was a response to a mistake I feel I made with the initial version - an overcorrection on "anime swordfighters".
  4. While the other 2 retro picks are third party, The Amazon is for the retro Nintendo fans specifically. I also think cross-series echoes are fun, and The Amazon makes a lot of sense since few of Incin's moves are that heavily themed, while Pro Wrestling is a very popular NES title.
  5. The Classic Sonic games are near-universally regarded as the series' peak, so it's frankly a little bizarre as is that the series' representation leans so much towards the modern games. Hell, I could imagine Modern Sonic being the one with the echo e and adjective in his name this go around.
  6. Most of the 3P picks here are general gaming history picks rather than Nintendo picks, with Blanka as the main and barely-counting exception - Roll is here to somewhat remedy that, so the Nintendo side of the fandom gets a pick they're more familiar with in the 3P pool. I chose her over ProtoMan for the same reason I mentioned for Paula earlier.
  7. Zack Fair was added for the same reason as Malos. Additionally, FF is such a big deal that it'd be strange to not give it a 3rd rep.
  8. Giana is a historical curio, which I think is fun. I regretted not putting in a microcomputer rep (I couldn't think of one who didn't overlap somehow with Adventurer), and I think having a rip-off game represented as an echo fighter is just very cheeky and clever. This Giana would have a design similar to her original version instead of the Twisted Dreams version to further drive in the intent as a microcomputer rep, but would also be less ugly and a little more cartoonish, sorta like a reverse Pit. I think it's nice to represent something Nintendo were previously against, like with Sub-Zero earlier.
If you remember this roster, I've made a DLC lineup to go with it - this roster takes Smash fandom and marketability into account much more heavily. All except one of these is 3P since... TBH, the well is kinda dry for 1Ps from a marketability perspective, especially with Waluigi in now, and I don't want to make a bunch of blank spaces for "CURRENTLY NON-EXISTENT POKEMON" and "CURRENTLY NON-EXISTENT FIRE EMBLEM NON-LORD" - HOWEVER, this will not be dominated by fan demand entirely - I'm considering silent fandoms, new fandoms to draw to Smash, and fandoms who may have overlap but generally stay out of Smash speculation due to being seen as "impossible" as well. There's 5 "fans want this" picks and 5 "we'll make fans with this"/"fans don't know they want this" picks. I'm not the most satisfied with this DLC lineup, and feel the Sora half of the roster is significantly worse than the Joker half (to be frank, most fan demanded Smash character picks are really lame)
Screenshot 2023-11-18 192530.png

1. Crash Bandicoot - I'm not too keen on this guy as a Smash character, even as a huge fan, but I think it's "about time" he got in - I have true PS reps already and a non-Crash Activision character, so two of my biggest gripes are eliminated, and from a moveset perspective, well... it's my roster. I'd get to make the moveset. Also a scrimblo, so a good way to reassure fans "we're not going to have the same tone for every characters". Placed first so the DLC will start on a Nitro-box bang
  2. Agumon/Greymon - To be frank, this pick was entirely motivated by one thing: "Digimon vs. Pokemon". That is it. Agumon would be a stance fighter, as you can tell. A character who's very popular, especially in Japan, but doesn't have that much Smash demand. Will explain the #2 placement on #3
  3. Phoenix Wright - Another very big fan pick, perhaps a bit quirky but he makes sense, and Nintendo fans know who he is - both has fighting game material to work with and a lot of room for creative liberties. I don't want to do a one-two-punch and get everyone to expect picks that big the whole way through, so I put Agumon between him and Crash.
  4. Red Bird - A pick that's gaining popularity lately, and is from a series that, while it's fandom tends to keep to itself, makes megatons of money. Like Crash, he's a scrimblo, and he represents mobile games. I prefer Bad Piggies, but I think that's too risky. Put in the middle due to being potentially controversial
  5. Power Pro Kun - A huge IP over in Japan with some really interesting moveset ideas to draw from. Not sure how demanded he is in JP, but he's a big name that will attract a lot of players, and I think a Japanese-centric 3P was something essential left out of the initial roster. Probably best to leave low key in the middle instead of a big starter or ender given he doesn't have much worldwide reach
  6. Kefka - Maybe not a fan demand pick, but one most people will recognise or at least have a vague idea of. Reading up on his wiki article, he's oozing of moveset potential, and I really like the clown/jester theme. Placed just at the end of the middle since he's universally iconic and non-controversial, but also not a fan demand pick.
  7. Mettaton EX - Undertale is such a big IP that any character could be a million-seller on release day, since everyone has their favourite, so I'm going for MTT simply because I like him - I also think that, given how... sensually... Smash has tended to portray female characters, it'd nice to have a cute dude. Placed near the end - in spite of not being a big fan pick - because of UT's popularity and general demand for Smash, especially in Japan. If I went with Sans or Frisk, UT would've been the finale and topper.
  8. Shovel Knight - I want to end on a triple punch of fan favourites, and luckily Shovel Knight happens to be a game I like with a fun, unique weapon and potential for some fun gadgets, as well as a multitude of other cameos to draw from - plus, he's got a really significant role in gaming history. Overall, he's mostly a for-the-fans pick.
  9. Ashley & Red - This is a pick I'm VERY reluctant on, but looking at the most popular 1P candidates, she seems like the one I'd get the most mileage out of a moveset for. Smash doesn't have much in the way of spooky characters, and Ashley's got her whole food theme going on. She's certainly not as profitable as the other character choices here, even the oddballs like Pro-Kun, but Nintendo has used Ashley a lot for stuff like 3DS themes, Badge Arcade, and promotions for unrelated games, so I have a feeling there are some numbers only known behind the scenes that show that Ashley sells. Probably the most base game pick here, but she's also more DLC than the base game first parties sans Waluigi. Will divide some, but still popular enough to be part of the big 1-2-3 punch, plus placing her at the end will prevent players from overexpecting 1P content compared to if she were at the start or middle.
  10. Dante - The finale's gotta be a big fan pick, so Dante it is. I think he's got a fun attitude, and think his edgy vibes set him apart a little better from the other swordfighters. I also think that, given how little "anime swordfighters" have been in to this point, it'd nice to end by relapsing diving back into the subset. There may not be much sentimental to him in the way Adventurer (my imagined base game topper) was, but it's a good sendoff.
Honourable mentions: a Chrono Trigger character, Alis Landale, Ryu Hayabusa, Lara Croft, Doomguy, Bubsy, Reimu, Estelle, Fishbunjin 3000, Tetromino, Fortnite and Genshin characters, Peppino, Freddy Fazbear, a GG character, The Sims, and Canondorf - I didn't want to do more than one swordfighters after FP2's criticism and a side-over-protag for the Crono series was something I felt was too risky for a profit-driven roster compared to Undertale, Lara and Doomguy were scrapped due to the abundance of gritty characters from the West in base game, I felt that while Bubsy would sell he would also be percieved by some as a "meme pick" had a bit too strong a resemblance to Crash (im turning into venus), I only wanted one JP-regional character, which ended up being PPK, Fishbunjin, while sentimentally significant as a Smash pick, cannot and will not sell DLC, we already have a faceless square so Tetromino's at a disadvantage, and Fortnite and Genshin felt almost like malice picks, even if I'm sure a few people (or even the majority) would love them, and I felt I had enough zoomer/social-media-age characters as is with Red, SK, and Mettaton so Freddy and Peppino had to go, for GG I didn't want to do Sol and I had already decided to go half-and-half on fan demand and unexpected-but-popular picks and had done all 5 unexpected picks, while Sol is the only highly wanted character from the set. The Sims was also just a victim of bad timing. While I could justify Canondorf in a separate slot for base game, I cannot for paid DLC, and by no means would I want to get rid of Falcondorf.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Doing a roster for a Universal platform fighter in a similar vein as Multiversus, Universus:

1. B.A. Baracus (The A-Team)
  2. Rocky and Bullwinkle
  3. Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
  4. Marty McFly (Back to the Future)
  5. Wolf (The Bad Guys)
  6. Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica (2004))
  7. Jason Bourne
  8. Rosa Diaz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
  9. Bruce Nolan (Bruce Almighty)
  10. Captain Underpants
  11. Chucky (Child's Play)
  12. Columbo
  13. Conan (Conan the Barbarian)
  14. Riddick (The Chronicles of Riddick)
  15. Gru (Despicable Me)
  16. The Grinch (Dr. Seuss)
  17. E.T. (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial)
  18. Dom Toretto (Fast & Furious)
  19. Deckard Shaw (Fast & Furious)
  20. Felix the Cat
  21. Michael Myers (Halloween)
  22. Happy Gilmore
  23. Nicholas Angel (Hot Fuzz)
  24. Danny Butterman (Hot Fuzz)
  25. Hiccup & Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon)
  26. Rexy (Jurassic Park)
  27. Michael Knight (Knight Rider)
  28. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
  29. Tigress (Kung Fu Panda)
  30. Lord Shen (Kung Fu Panda)
  31. Rico (Madagascar)
  32. M3GAN
  33. Megamind
  34. Dwight Schrute (The Office)
  35. Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)
  36. Richie Rich
  37. Scott Pilgrim
  38. She-Ra (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
  39. Shrek
  40. **** in Boots (Shrek)
  41. Fairy Godmother (Shrek)
  42. Johnny (Sing)
  43. Poppy (Trolls)
  44. Dracula (Universal Monsters)
  45. The Wolfman (Universal Monsters)
  46. Mummy (Universal Monsters)
  47. Woody (Woody Woodpecker)
  48. Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)

Doing a roster for a Universal platform fighter in a similar vein as Multiversus, Universus:

2. Rocky and Bullwinkle
  5. Wolf (The Bad Guys)
  7. Jason Bourne
  10. Captain Underpants
  12. Columbo
  15. Gru (Despicable Me)
  20. Felix the Cat
  22. Happy Gilmore
  26. Rexy (Jurassic Park)
  28. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
  31. Rico (Madagascar)
  32. M3GAN
  33. Megamind
  36. Richie Rich
  37. Scott Pilgrim
  39. Shrek
  42. Johnny (Sing)
  43. Poppy (Trolls)
I didn't expect DreamWorks characters to take up between 25 and 33 percent of the roster, depending on where you draw the line. However, much like MultiVersus, you can bet your full moon I'd pick up the cartoon characters first.

txhy8

Smash Cadet

2. Rocky and Bullwinkle
  5. Wolf (The Bad Guys)
  7. Jason Bourne
  10. Captain Underpants
  12. Columbo
  15. Gru (Despicable Me)
  20. Felix the Cat
  22. Happy Gilmore
  26. Rexy (Jurassic Park)
  28. Po (Kung Fu Panda)
  31. Rico (Madagascar)
  32. M3GAN
  33. Megamind
  36. Richie Rich
  37. Scott Pilgrim
  39. Shrek
  42. Johnny (Sing)
  43. Poppy (Trolls)
To round out the roster at 50 I'd add Mario and Bowser from the Mario Movie Nintendo may be extremely hard to work with but Mario Movie is one of Illuminations best movies in a long time and Universal and Illumination Co devolped the movie with Nintendo and it be some show stopping characters you'd never expect to be in

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Godzilla vs Pokémon Battle Royale
Roaster
Godzilla side
Godzilla
Anguirus
Rodan
Varan
Mothra
King Ghidorah