• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
oh my god... donald over goofy? are you insane?!?!?!?

/s
After saving this image and closing the tab, I realized that to capture the real "Nintendo fan talking about Xbox" experience, I should've called Elsa "Frozen Princess" and Simba "the lion". Too bad the site I used doesn't save closed tab projects.

Disney Destruction - as made by someone who has only ever watched Nickelodeon.

have i beaten the whole "banjo fans think he's microsoft's most famous ip because console wars" joke into the ground yet
After saving this image and closing the tab, I realized that to capture the real "Nintendo fan talking about Xbox" experience, I should've called Elsa "Frozen Princess" and Simba "the lion". Too bad the site I used doesn't save closed tab projects.
I can forgive putting Donald over Goofy, as we're getting another classic Disney character at all. I can even see why Buzz, Elsa, and Simba would be included.

But having SEVEN DOUG REPS in a TWELVE CHARACTER ROSTER? If this was an actual roster, you would have gotten lynched by sundown.

Oh, and the names you think you should have called Elsa and Simba? That's just the icing on the cake.

In short, to summarize, and as a conclusion to my far-too-serious rant, this makes me slightly offended by the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase. If you are a Banjo-Kazooie fan, that's okay. But by bringing my own childhood company into this charade, you have made me draw the line.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can forgive putting Donald over Goofy, as we're getting another classic Disney character at all. I can even see why Buzz, Elsa, and Simba would be included.

But having SEVEN DOUG REPS in a TWELVE CHARACTER ROSTER? If this was an actual roster, you would have gotten lynched by sundown.

Oh, and the names you think you should have called Elsa and Simba? That's just the icing on the cake.

In short, to summarize, and as a conclusion to my far-too-serious rant, this makes me slightly offended by the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase. If you are a Banjo-Kazooie fan, that's okay. But by bringing my own childhood company into this charade, you have made me draw the line.
Finally, I have proven my very petty point about hypothetical Microsoft Smash rosters.

Finally, I have proven my very petty point about hypothetical Microsoft Smash rosters.
If it was any other company than Disney, I would have let it slide with a harsh warning and the typical nerd statements. But as a lifelong Disney fanatic, I now share your pain.

And what makes it worse is that Microsoft, like Disney, has a lot more IPs to add if we factor in their history of acquisitions. This, if anything, makes it even harder to stomach the RareWare bias in your average Microsoft Smash lineup. And I'm a fan of Rare Ltd. to begin with.

Basically, if anyone wants to make a Microsoft Smash roster, and you see any problems with it, just let me know. I'll be sure to give them an earful.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I redid my Bandai-Namco roster because I was unhappy with a few choices here and there. I also raised the total amount of characters to 30, just because I like it better than 26 (which was my old roster's size). And finally, I changed the background color, as Bandai-Namco is a company I associate with red-orange-yellow more than light blue. You may call me mad for thinking about stuff like this, but try creating an Xbox roster without using the color green as a background... Without any further ado, here is my roster:
roster2_small.png
It is largely unchanged from my previous version, but there are some changes here and there. I added a few characters, removed some others, and changed some arts used. For a more detailed explanation on my choices (which more often than not have been simply copy-pasted from my previous project):

• Pac-Man is of course a must have in a game like this. I picture him as a balanced, shoto character. He'd be just mildly similar to his Smash Bros. incarnation, lacking the more crafty tools from that game, such as Bonus Fruit (which would all behave the same), the Fire Hydrant, and the Trampoline (both of which are completely removed). His normals mostly consist of punches, kicks, bites, and attacks in the waka-waka ball.
  • Ms. Pac-Man has been added as an unlockable character. She would be a semi-clone of Pac-Man, but unlike her husband she'd retain the more crafty Bonus Fruit from Smash. However, she'd lack in some other areas, namely in attack power and recovery. I know that Ms. Pac-Man has some intricate legal problems, but it's not like this game is going to be REALLY released.
  • Ghost Gang appears as Pac-Man's archenemies. You'd be able to select only one of the four main ghosts (Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde) with Blinky being the default one, but the other three appear as alternate costumes (like with Hero). I think they might attack using pixellated ghosts and some contraptions they use in later titles.
  • Galaga is a weird pick, but I feel that a shoot-em-up character is needed and this pixellated spaceship is the perfect choice. Galaga uses plenty of projectiles (also coming from Galaxian, Gaplus, Xevious, and Dragon Spirit) and is very good in the air (being, y'know, a spaceship).
  • Mitsurugi is the first SoulCalibur character and he the balanced one. He'd be a straightforward fighter, taking heavy inspiration from his home series. He'd be another balanced fighter, good for beginners and experienced players alike, but with his sword, Mitsurugi is sure able to keep opponents at distance. Though probably not as much as...
  • Ivy! She was chosen as our second SoulCalibur representative because she is yet another iconic character from the series, but also because of her unique weapon, the whipsword. I imagine her to be able to shift between two different stances: one where she employs a more "normal" sword (being faster and slightly stronger) and another one where she uses her whipsword more as a whip (slower but with better reach).
  • Nightmare is our last SoulCalibur fighter and the only unlockable one of the three. He would be a heavyweight fighter, with extremely powerful attacks with a decent range (the Soul Edge is HUGE), but he'd pay a hefty toll in the speed department. A few of his attacks would be deceptively quick, however, referencing the source material.
  • SoulCalibur isn't Bandai-Namco's only fighting game franchise, as they also own Tekken. Our first Tekken fighter is Ling Xiaoyu. She'd be a fast, lightweight character with good ground mobility and powerful combos, only held back by Xiaoyu's subpar air movement. Lacking a bit in pure damage output, Xiaoyu is a more advanced fighter.
  • King is the second Tekken character and he'd be unlockable. King's whole moveset is based on his wrestling skills. He'd also have many grabbing moves, giving him the status of a much-needed grappler, a role that should be in any fighting game roster.
  • The final Tekken fighter is none other than Heihachi Mishima. I placed him at the end of the first line because I wanted him to be a rival of sorts for Pac-Man. Heihachi's moveset would yet again be taken straight out of his main series, with some electrified punches that stun opponents for a rather long time. Unlike Xiaoyu however, Heihachi would be more based on raw damage-dealing.
  • Lloyd Irving represents the Tales series as its most iconic protagonist, as well as a rare dual-sword wielder. In a game littered with swordsmen, having a unique sword-fighter is something I really valued. I'd take many moves straight from him game series. However, I believe that the Tales series needs another fighter. So I added...
  • Velvet Crowe. She was picked before Alphen because I wanted a melee fighter instead of yet another swordsman (even though I really liked Alphen's design). Velvet would be a savage, rushdown fighter, à la Cloud. Much like Cloud, Velvet does also posses a sort of "limit gauge": in her case, it lets her summon her Consuming Claw, giving her a powerful and slightly disjointed hitbox for a few seconds.
  • Valkyrie is yet another retro pick. She'd be a middleweight and balanced fighting, joining Pac-Man and Mitsurugi as the "gateway" trio of the game. Despite being a swordfighter, Valkyrie has a few projectiles to spare, giving her an all-rounded moveset in most areas.
  • Gilgamesh would be a pseudo-clone of Valkyrie, but they'd share only a handful of animations and a few attacks. For the most part, he'd attack using the many, many, MANY items available in Tower of Druaga, and he'd retain both his projectiles-blocking shield (like Link) and his iconic sword-sticking attack, where he can walk around with his sword out.
  • Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse is our first unlockable retro fighter. He'd be a heavyweight fighter that dishes out heavy damage, but is hindered by his low speed. Rick mostly fights using the weapons he used in his retro titles, but the main reason why I added him is for his unique and standout style. He'd definitely be a good opponent for Nightmare!
  • Reiko Nagase is an iconic, more modern character, but coming from Ridge Racer giving her a moveset would be a bit complicated. One way it could work is by incorporating her dancing moves in her normals and using cars for her specials (like jumping from a ramp for her up special). But one move I'd love to give her is Reiko Punch, a clone of the iconic Falcon Punch. It's so silly it could actually work!
  • Klonoa is here yet again, being a very mascot-ish character with a sort of relevant-ish history. His moveset would be quite straightforward, using the Wind Bullet to shoot air or to inflate opponents and carry them around (imagine how funny would be an inflated Heihachi Mishima).
  • Alisa Ilinichina Amiella makes an appearance from the God Eater series. I chose her as the most iconic character from that series, despite her not appearing in the third entry of the series. She'd fight using the unique weapon from the God Eater series, which can transform to a sword, a gun, or a shield. Alisa would be a slow fighter, but she'd have range to spare.
  • Digimon is here! And as their mascot, Agumon had to be in the game. He'd be a small, lightweight fighter, with the ability to attack opponents with his huge claws and his fire powers. Agumon isn't the only Digimon added to the game, however, as...
  • Tailmon makes an appearance too! I picked her because adding a second Digimon was harder than I thought, but I found out that she is somewhat relevant in the anime, while not being too far from my idea of a Digimon or too ugly (sorry Gabumon, but what the **** are you?). And besides, I think that a kitty could make for the perfect rival for a certain squeaking police officer that is going to be added later down the line...
  • Don-chan makes an appearance as the mandatory rhythm-based fighter we all like to add in our roster. In his case, Don-chan's attacks become stronger if he hits opponents rhythmically. As for the attacks themselves, Don-chan fights using drumsticks and by summoning and playing large drums. Don-chan's costumes would be somewhat unique as, like Olimar in Smash, half of them would feature his brother, Ka-chan.
  • Wonder Momo is added simply because the idea of a bishojo kicking ass is just too fun to pass by. All of her moves are based on kicks and her magic hoop, but she would throw no fists, as she did in her canonical appearance. Her personality was too much to pass by, in my opinion!
  • Taizo Hori is an unlockable fighter coming from the famous Dig Dug game series. He'd retain most of his classic attacks, but he'd also be able to set up bury traps and summon boulders, making him apt at controlling the stage. His model would be like the one in the roster, being an almost 1-to-1 recreation of his 2D sprite.
  • Toby "Kissy" Masayo is yet another unlockable fighter and an air-based one at that. I imagine that she'd have no double jump but, like the Iron Giant in MultiVersus, a flying gauge, that refills when she is on the ground. She'd also be strong with her bullets. Her design is inspired to her appearance in Namco x Capcom, which makes it hilarious when she and Taizo Hori stand side by side. It really makes you wonder why she married him in the first place...
  • Mappy is here, because the concept of a mouse that works as a police officer is cute and hilarious at the same time. For most of his normals, Mappy uses common police paraphernalia. Rest assured however that one of his moves would be setting down a Trampoline, like the one used by Pac-Man in Smash. After all, it belonged to Mappy in the first place!
  • Aty is yet another swordfighter, but this time with a twist. You see, she can cast spells, and most importantly she can summon allies coming from her series, Summon Night. She'd be able to summon allies from all over the series, but she'd be limited by a meter. After all, who better than a character coming from a series named Summon Night could summon allies?
  • The Tarnished from Elden Ring is here to represent the playable characters from that game and the Dark Souls series. Choosing a starting class was not that easy, but in the end I went with the Hero was the one I chose. First of all, they wield an axe, a unique weapon. Then, the name of the class is literally "the Hero", you can't get more protagonist than that. Finally, the Hero is actually the first class you see when you create your character. The Tarnished fights with hefty axe swings for their normals, while for their specials they use spells and magic from Elden Ring, even if it is not that appropriate for their starting class.
  • Representing the infamous bosses from Dark Souls, I chose Soul of Cinder, who appears as an unlockable fighter. Most of its attacks use the Greatsword, but there would be an attack (like its neutral special) that has different variations based on its current weapon, which can be chosen between the Greatsword, the scimitar, the pike, or the staff. Most notably, Soul of Cinder'd have armor in most of its attacks. It'd be a slower fighter, but a frightful one nonetheless.
  • KOS-MOS is our penultimate fighter, and she has a combination of melee attacks and projectiles alike, being somewhat similar to Alisa in a way. Unlike Alisa, though, KOS-MOS is much faster and more oriented to combos. KOS-MOS would be an unlockable fighter.
  • Huckebein 30 appears as our 30th (how fitting) and final fighter, representing the huge Super Robot Wars franchise. I thought it would have made more sense than having Gundam just randomly show up (Gundam could make for a great DLC fighter). Huckebein 30 is a big-body fighter (like the Iron Giant in MultiVersus) that fights with a variety of different weapons, like sabers and missiles. It would be on the slower side, but also a powerhouse. Huckebein 30 would also be the last unlockable fighter.

And that's it. I hinted many times at some possible rivals, but now I don't have time to think them all through. Some of them are quite self-explanatory however:
  • Pac-Man vs. Heihachi Mishima: the two most important Bandai-Namco characters.
  • Mappy vs. Tailmon: a mouse and a cat as rivals? Makes sense to me. Mappy is no stranger at fighting cats too.
  • Rick Taylor vs. Nightmare: Nightmare looks like an enemy taken straight from the Splatterhouse series.
  • Taizo Hori vs. Kissy: they are (or were, I'm not sure) married! I suppose that every marriage comes with some arguments here and there...
  • Ling Xiaoyu vs. Ivy: the two dynamic girls of the fighting game series fight in a lethal one-on-one.
  • Ms. Pac-Man vs. Soul of Cinder: this one just seems hilarious to me.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Marvel vs Nintendo: Infinity Smash

Marvel Side
1.Spider-Man
2.Green Goblin
3.Venom
4.Ghost-Spider
5.Iron-Man
6.Thor
7.Loki
8.Hulk
9.Wasp
10.Ant-Man
11.Captain America
12.Black Widow
13.Hawkeye
14.Black Panther
15.Gamora
16.Rocket Raccoon
17.Groot
18.Scarlet Witch
19.Wolverine
20.Storm
21.Deadpool
22.Thanos
23.Mr.Fantastic
24.Invisable Woman
25.Human Torch
26.Thing
27.Dr.Strange
28.Moon Girl
29.Devil Dinosaur
30.Captain Marvel

Nintendo Side
1.Mario
2.Luigi
3.Peach
4.Bowser
5.Donkey Kong
6.Diddy Kong
7.Yoshi
8.Link
9.Zelda
10.Ganondorf
11.Samus
12.Ridley
13.Kirby
14.King Dedede
15.Meta Knight
16.Fox
17.Pikachu
18.Lugia
19.Lucario
20.Dragapult
21.Ness
22.Captain Falcon
23.Ice Climbers
24.Pit
25.Olimar
26.Isabelle
27.Pyra and Mythra
28.Inkling
29.Min-Min
30.Issac

DLC

Marvel Side
1.Miles Morales
2.Ultron
3.Mantis
4.Psylocke
5.Dr.Doom
6.Ms.Marvel
7.Raven (Guest Fighter)
8.She-Hulk
9.Vision
10.Batman (Guest Fighter)

Nintendo Side
1.Rosalina and Luma
2.King K.Rool
3.Midna
4.Incineroar
5.Palutena
6.Little Mac
7.Sonic (Guest Fighter)
8.Dillon
9.Mr.Game & Watch
10.Megaman (Guest Fighter)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
1683244359540.png
Super Hero Time was is a programmation block from the japanese channel TV Asashi, part of the larger Nichi Asa Kids Time block, it primaly focus on Toei's tokusatsu series Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, thought time ago they also included Gavan/Metal Hero on the list. I must say that this isn't exactly a SHT roster but I took the title because it is cool, what I'm actually doing is a Japanese Super Hero roster, there is quite a focus on Toei's main heroes (Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and Pretty Cure) but I'm trying to also have something of other franchises such as Ultraman or Sailor Moon. A big aclaration required is that in terms of anime expect to mostly see old series like the previous mentioned Sailor Moon, Gatchaman or Astro Boy so if there is a question about why not add one of the most recent superhero manga/anime that's why.
BASE GAME
KAMEN RIDER ICHIGO
AKARANGER
GAVAN
CURE WHITE
CURE BLACK
ULTRAMAN
KAMEN RIDER KUUGA
BIG ONE
JIRAIYA
CURE DREAM
CURE MARINE
ULTRASEVEN
KAMEN RIDER DECADE
TIMEFIRE
BLUE BEET
CURE PEACE
CURE PASSION
ULTRAMAN TARO
KAMEN RIDER W
SHINKENRED
GOKAIRED
CURE SKY
ULTRAMAN TIGA
ULTRAMAN GINGA

KAMEN RIDER ZI-O
ZENKAISER
KIKAIDER
ASTRO BOY
SAILOR MOON
JOE SHIMAMURA
KAMEN RIDER
ZERO-ONE
KAMEN RIDER
SABER
DON
MOMOTARO
KEN WASHIO
TEKKAMAN
KARAS
BOSSES
OHMA ZI-O
Kamen Rider Zi-O
BASCO
Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
DUNE
Heartcatch Precure
GODZILLA

Now here it comes DLC, it must be said that in the DLCs the "What is a Japanese Heroe" restrictions are more light and so expect some quite odd or at least worth eyebrown-rising. Also now there are mechs, but no matter how big they are supposed to be, their height would be the same as a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's Giant Fighter.
DLC BATCH ONE "SUPER HERO TANSEI"
KAMEN RIDER OOO
KAMEN RIDER EX-AID
KAMEN RIDER
BUILD
GOKAISILVER
LUPAT X
KUWAGATA-OHGER
DLC BATCH TWO "MAGICAL GIRL WARRIOR"
CURE MOONLIGHT
REGINA
HONEY KISARAGI
SAKURA KINOMOTO
HIBIKI TACHIBANA
LINA INVERSE
DLC BATCH THREE "TOKUSATSU PLUS"
ULTRAMAN ZERO
ULTRAMAN MEBIUS
SHINJIRO HAYATA
B-FIGHTER KABUTO
GARO
SPIDER-MAN
1683259406763.png
DLC BATCH FOUR "SUPER ROBO"
MAZINGER Z
GETTER ROBO
GAOGAIGAR
GUNBUSTER
GURREN LAGANN
EVA-01
DLC BATCH FINAL "NEW GENERATION HEROES"
GRIDMAN
DYNAZENON
VOLTRON
Yes, especifically the Dreamworks ver.
GOKU
DEKU
SAITAMA
1683258902095.png
1683259139103.png
1683259224785.png
1683259250869.png

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Disney Battlegrounds: The Magic returns
The Main Stars
1.Mickey
2.Donald
3.Goofy
4.Chip and Dale
The Ducks
1.Scrooge McDuck
2.Webby
3.Darkwing Duck
4.Nega-Duck
Animated Canon
1.Lady and Tramp
2.Pongo and Perditta
3.Kaa
4.Robin Hood
5.Ariel
6.Simba
7.Scar
8.Mulan
9.Aladar
10.Bolt
11.Judy
Pixar
1.Luxo Jr
2.Buzz
3.Mike
4.Violet
5.Remy and Linguini
6.Wall-E and Eve
7.Joy
8.Mei
Cartoons
1.Kim
2.Shego
3.Perry
4.Dr.Doofinshmirtz
5.Mabel and Dipper
6.Grunkel Stan
7.Wander
8.Sylvia
9.Lord Hater
10.Commander Peepers
11.Cricket
12.Tilly
13.Polly
14.Marcy
15.Luz
16.King
17.Scratch and Molly
Marvel
1.Spider-Man
2.Iron-Man
3.Hulk
4.Wasp
5.Black Panther
6.Rocket Raccoon
7.Groot
8.Scarlet Witch
9.Moon Girl
10.Deadpool
Star Wars
1.Darth Vader
2.Yoda
3.Luke Skywalker
Fox
1.Bart
2.Stewie
3.Peter
4.Brian
5.Leela
6.Bender
7.Roger
8.Xenomorph
9.Sid the Sloth

DLC
Vilest villains pack
1.Maleficent
2.Gaston
3.Randall
4.Syndrome
5.Bill Cypher
6.Lord Dominator
7.Thanos
8.Bertram

Royalty Pack
1.Belle
2.Aladdin
3.Elsa
4.Star
5.Thor
6.Loki
7.Leia
8.Fry

Animals Amuck (with humans as well)
1.Dumbo
2.Timon and Pumbaa
3.Nick
4.Flik
5.Ron and Rufus
6.Anne and Sprig
7.Devil Dinosaur
8.Buck

In response to below, I fixed a few things, I hope you’re happy. FWI I was going for an All Stars Brawl type route where non protagonists can get a spot without the main lead.

Last edited:
Disney Battlegrounds: The Magic returns

The Ducks
1.Scrooge McDuck
2.Webby
3.Darkwing Duck
4.Donald
Animated Canon
1.Simba
2.Scar
3.Aladar
4.Bolt
5.Judy
Pixar
1.Luxo Jr
2.Buzz
3.Mike
4.Violet
5.Remy and Linguini
6.Wall-E and Eve
Cartoons
1.Kim
2.Shego
3.Perry
4.Dr.Doofinshmirtz
5.Mabel and Dipper
6.Grunkel Stan
7.Wander
8.Sylvia
9.Lord Hater
10.Commander Peepers
11.Cricket
12.Tilly
13.Polly
14.Marcy
15.Luz
16.King
17.Scratch and Molly
Marvel
1.Spider-Man
2.Iron-Man
3.Hulk
4.Wasp
5.Rocket Raccoon
6.Moon Girl
Star Wars
1.Darth Vader
2.Yoda
Fox
1.Bart
2.Stewie
3.Peter
4.Brian
5.Leela
6.Bender
7.Roger

Still a WIP
I get this is a Work in Progress, but if this was a finished roster, there would be so many downsides to it.

1: No Mickey Mouse. That is a cardinal sin when making a Disney fighting roster.
2: The only Walt-era characters are Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge.
3: There is a rep from the 2000 movie Dinosaur over characters like Tinker Bell or Stitch, if we look at the Animated Canon section.
4: Approximately one-third of the complete roster is characters from Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox. This would get Disney purists even angrier than excluding Mickey.
5: The "cartoons" wing of the roster overshadows literally ALL other sections. And if we include Darkwing in that pile, that means 18 of these characters come from TV shows. Either add enough characters for 17 slots in each category, or spin off the Wander Over Yonder section.

Granted, I respect the individual choices. Each one of these characters would be unique in some way, be it representation or moveset. But as it currently stands, it's one notch below "passable".

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Disney Royal Rumble (Only characters that are kings, queens, princes, princesses or emperors are allowed)

1. Snow White
  2. Cinderella*
  3. Auora
  4. Ariel
  5. Jasmine
  6. Belle *
  7. Pocahontas**
  8. Mulan ***
  9. Tiana *
  10. Merida
  11. Rapunzel
  12. Anna
  13. Elsa
  14. Moana
  15. Vanellope
  16. Raya
  17. Prince Phillip
  18. Aladdin *
  19. Beast
  20. Triton
  21. Evil Queen
  22. Simba
  23. Scar
  24. Horned King
  25. Kuzco
  26. Yzma
  27. Tarzan
  28. Zeus
  29. Hercules
  30. Queen of Hearts
  31. Arthur
  32. Kida
  33. Robin Hood
  34. King Mickey
  35. Princess Minnie
  36. Thor
  37. Hela
  38. Loki
  39. Sylvie
  40. T'Challa
  41. Killmonger
  42. Shuri
  43. Jack Skellington
  44. Rey
  45. Palatine
  46. Leia
  47. Star Butterfly
  48. Sofia
  49. Dave the Barbarian ****
  50. Candace Flynn
  51. Mal (Decendants)
  52. Belos
  53. King Clawthorne
  54. Zurg
  55. The King (Cars)
*Titled Gained Via Marrage are still titles
**Daughter of chief is close enough, but even then.
***Mulan is classified as a princess by Disney
****How could I forget about Dave the Barbarian. For his neutral special he wields a homemade megaphone constructed only using some string, a squirrel and a megaphone.
Somehow I feel like I'm missing some people. Almost forgot about Zurg for a second.

Last edited:
Disney Royal Rumble (Only characters that are kings, queens, princes, princesses or emperors are allowed)

1. Snow White
  2. Cinderella*
  3. Auora
  4. Ariel
  5. Jasmine
  6. Belle *
  7. Pocahontas**
  8. Mulan ***
  9. Tiana *
  10. Merida
  11. Rapunzel
  12. Anna
  13. Elsa
  14. Moana
  15. Vanellope
  16. Raya
  17. Prince Phillip
  18. Aladdin *
  19. Beast
  20. Triton
  21. Evil Queen
  22. Simba
  23. Scar
  24. Horned King
  25. Kuzco
  26. Yzma
  27. Tarzan
  28. Zeus
  29. Hercules
  30. Queen of Hearts
  31. Arthur
  32. Kida
  33. Robin Hood
  34. King Mickey
  35. Princess Minnie
  36. Thor
  37. Hela
  38. Loki
  39. Sylvie
  40. T'Challa
  41. Killmonger
  42. Shuri
  43. Jack Skellington
  44. Rey
  45. Palatine
  46. Leia
  47. Star Butterfly
  48. Sofia
  49. Dave the Barbarian ****
  50. Candace Flynn
  51. Mal (Decendants)
  52. Belos
  53. King Clawthorne
  54. Zurg
  55. The King (Cars)
*Titled Gained Via Marrage are still titles
**Daughter of chief is close enough, but even then.
***Mulan is classified as a princess by Disney
****How could I forget about Dave the Barbarian. For his neutral special he wields a homemade megaphone constructed only using some string, a squirrel and a megaphone.
Somehow I feel like I'm missing some people. Almost forgot about Zurg for a second.
Despite only including royalty, this is quite an expansive Disney roster.

I'd personally main Cinderella, Ariel, Mulan, Elsa, The Beast, Simba, Yzma, Hercules, Kida, Robin Hood, Mickey, Loki, Jack Skellington, Leia, Star, Dave, Mal, and King Clawthorne. Mostly Ariel, Elsa, Beast, Hercules, Mickey, Jack, and Mal.

Even for the emphasized list, that's seven mains I'd have.

There's just one character that's surely missing: Maleficent. In the remake, she was called the "Queen of the Moors" or something, and she basically rules the Forbidden Mountain in the original movie.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Despite only including royalty, this is quite an expansive Disney roster.

I'd personally main Cinderella, Ariel, Mulan, Elsa, The Beast, Simba, Yzma, Hercules, Kida, Robin Hood, Mickey, Loki, Jack Skellington, Leia, Star, Dave, Mal, and King Clawthorne. Mostly Ariel, Elsa, Beast, Hercules, Mickey, Jack, and Mal.

Even for the emphasized list, that's seven mains I'd have.

There's just one character that's surely missing: Maleficent. In the remake, she was called the "Queen of the Moors" or something, and she basically rules the Forbidden Mountain in the original movie.
I had to go back several times to double check, mostly because I didn't want to include anybody who actually wasn't (for some reason I assumed Tinkerbell somehow was royalty). Plus I didn't want to fill the roster with royal characters that aren't prominent enough (Ariel's sisters for example)

Also I never saw the live action remake, so that's why she wasn't included.

Last edited:
I had to go back several times to double check, mostly because I didn't want to include anybody who actually wasn't (for some reason I assumed Tinkerbell somehow was royalty). Plus I didn't want to fill the roster with royal characters that aren't prominent enough (Ariel's sisters for example)

Also I never saw the live action remake, so that's why she wasn't included.
You make a good point here. And with all the characters that are there, there's a LOT of combinations we can use.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
What if Capcom made a Super Robot Wars fighting game in the mid-2000’s?

Dygenguar​
Blodia​
Super-8​
PTX 40-A​
RX-78-2 Gundam
MSN-04 Sazabi​
MS-06 Zaku II​
Mazinger Z​
Getter-1​
Evangelion Unit-01​
VF-1S Valkyrie​
Daimos​
Zambot 3​
Dunbine​
ATM-09-ST Scopedog​
Braiger​
Raijin-Oh​
VR Temjin​
Shinka Gattai Daizyuzin​
Yatterwan​
Doronjo​
Optimus Prime​
Megatron​
MEGAS XLR​

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

Dygenguar​
Blodia​
Super-8​
PTX 40-A​
RX-78-2 Gundam
MSN-04 Sazabi​
MS-06 Zaku II​
Mazinger Z​
Getter-1​
Evangelion Unit-02​
VF-1S Valkyrie​
Daimos​
Zambot 3​
Dunbine​
ATM-09-ST Scopedog​
Braiger​
Raijin-Oh​
VR Temjin​
Shinka Gattai Daizyuzin​
Yatterwan​
Doronjo​
Optimus Prime​
Megatron​
MEGAS XLR​
Whiy Eva-02 over 01 btw

Dygenguar​
Blodia​
Super-8​
PTX 40-A​
RX-78-2 Gundam
MSN-04 Sazabi​
MS-06 Zaku II​
Mazinger Z​
Getter-1​
Evangelion Unit-01​
VF-1S Valkyrie​
Daimos​
Zambot 3​
Dunbine​
ATM-09-ST Scopedog​
Braiger​
Raijin-Oh​
VR Temjin​
Shinka Gattai Daizyuzin​
Yatterwan​
Doronjo​
Optimus Prime​
Megatron​
MEGAS XLR​
You had me at Megas XLR.

Rumic World Brawlers
LumAtaruShinobuMendouTenCherrySakuraRanReiRyunosuke
BentenOyukiKuramaRyokoTobimaroAsukaKotatsuMr. FujinamiMr. InvaderMegane
RanmaGenmaAkaneRyogaShampooHapposaiSounNabikiMousseTatewani
KodachiUkyoColognePantyhose TaroNodokaKasumiPrincipal KunoHinakoTofu OnoTsubasa
InuyashaKagomeShippoMirokuSangoKiraraSesshomaruKikyoJakenRin
KogaNarakuTowaSetsunaMorohaHisuiKirinmaruRionKyukiTokotsu
RinneSakura MamiyaRokumonTamakoMasatoMaoNanokaOtoyaUozumiRenji
YusakuKyokoHanaeYotsuyaAkemiYutaManaMasatoMisaYukie
KosakuSister AngelaPitto the PenguinYukariMarisYuzuru ShigaSuzukoRumiko Takahashi
Yes, I pulled out all the stops for a Rumiko Takahashi fighting game. Outside the obvious picks, who would you choose to play as?

FazDude

Smash Master
So tonight I had a weird train of thought - What if Smash 64 had double its slots?

I tried to get as many fan-favorite characters in as possible while also staying true to what I think Sakurai/Nintendo would have done in the context of 1999 (meaning no characters that debuted beyond that year). To get into specifics...
  • Third-parties as a whole were excluded - Even Rare stuff (even if they would probably one of the first companies Nintendo would have gone with). Considering the circumstances surrounding Smash 64's development and release, I find it unlikely Nintendo would reach out to any other companies.
  • Bowser, King Dedede, Mewtwo, and Marth are the big four Smash 64 scrappies - Getting them in was priority number one.
  • While Wario is best known for just falling short of Melee's roster, I feel like Sakurai would push for him to be in 64 should he have had more roster space to work with.
  • Zelda wouldn't be able to transform into Sheik due to hardware limitations.
  • Ganondorf would still be a Falcon clone, but a little less so compared to his Melee counterpart.
  • Dark Matter was chosen over any other Kirby character (sans Dedede) due to The Crystal Shards being in development at the time. Plus, Meta Knight wasn't as heavily involved with Kirby during the buildup to 64 than Brawl.
  • Falco is an easy Fox clone.
  • Ayumi Tachibana was considered for Melee, but I let her in anyway for similar reasons as Wario.
  • I wanted to have a NES rep here somewhere, but I don't think the Ice Climbers would have been feasible. As such, Little Mac was chosen since I figured you could port over a lot of moves from other fighters (Mario and Falcon come to mind), making him easier to develop.
  • Finally, while Mr. Game & Watch is just a cool idea in general, he'd be fairly easy to develop too, since Smash 64 already used PNGs for a number of important gameplay items. Just make him a PNG-animated fighter!
Honorable mention to King K. Rool - I'd argue he'd make sense due to DK64 being in development at the time, but I wanted a NES rep and K. Rool felt like the most "self-indulgent" pick, so out he went in favor of Little Mac.

Last edited:
So tonight I had a weird train of thought - What if Smash 64 had double its slots?

I tried to get as many fan-favorite characters in as possible while also staying true to what I think Sakurai/Nintendo would have done in the context of 1999 (meaning no characters that debuted beyond that year). To get into specifics...
  • Third-parties as a whole were excluded - Even Rare stuff (even if they would probably one of the first companies Nintendo would have gone with). Considering the circumstances surrounding Smash 64's development and release, I find it unlikely Nintendo would reach out to any other companies.
  • Bowser, King Dedede, Mewtwo, and Marth are the big four Smash 64 scrappies - Getting them in was priority number one.
  • While Wario is best known for just falling short of Melee's roster, I feel like Sakurai would push for him to be in 64 should he have had more roster space to work with.
  • Ganondorf would still be a Falcon clone, but a little less so compared to his Melee counterpart.
  • Dark Matter was chosen over any other Kirby character (sans Dedede) due to The Crystal Shards being in development at the time. Plus, Meta Knight wasn't as heavily involved with Kirby during the buildup to 64 than Brawl.
  • Ayumi Tachibana was considered for Melee, but I let her in anyway for similar reasons as Wario.
  • I wanted to have a NES rep here somewhere, but I don't think the Ice Climbers would have been feasible. As such, Little Mac was chosen since I figured you could port over a lot of moves from other fighters (Mario and Falcon come to mind), making him easier to develop.
  • Finally, while Mr. Game & Watch is just a cool idea in general, he'd be fairly easy to develop too, since Smash 64 already used PNGs for a number of important gameplay items. Just make him a PNG-animated fighter!
Honorable mention to King K. Rool - I'd argue he'd make sense due to DK64 being in development at the time, but I wanted a NES rep and K. Rool felt like the most "self-indulgent" pick, so out he went in favor of Little Mac.
The end result makes me wish this actually happened. I'd imagine Rare characters would be a higher priority for Melee though, with most of the big-names coming much sooner.

Of course the four that got away would be first to get in this twice-as-big lineup, but the other characters have great reasons as well.
  • Wario, alongside DK and Yoshi, could be classified unofficially as Mario Party reps, which could be a reason to include this guy in the first entry.
  • I may actually enjoy a non-transforming Zelda and a cloned Ganon if they were in the N64 game. Maybe Sheik can get her own slot for the debut, while Ganondorf can start his process of a unique moveset earlier.
  • Frankly, if we did get three Kirby reps in this game, I can understand wanting to skip a generation before another character from Pop Star is added.
  • Maybe Slippy and Peppy can be Assist Trophies in this instance? Heck, why not have the Assist item debut in Melee this time?
  • Knowing how Smash helped bring Fire Emblem to the West, I can see the Famicom Detective Club getting some more Western appreciation thanks to Ayumi. Or not, but that's another story.
  • I think Little Mac still had some relevance in 1999, despite him being classified as an "NES rep". The same goes with Pit and the Duck Hunt Dog, actually. Perhaps the Icies can still get in Melee, if the practice of doubling the real-world roster continues. Please?
  • Mr. Game and Watch being a 64 veteran would increase his initial surprise, and his fan reception at the same time.
  • And if you plan on doing a 52-character Melee roster, K. Rool is probably getting in 17 years earlier knowing his HM status.
However, there is one drawback to a 24-character roster: There's a greater chance of some characters being expendable if we get a reboot.

All in all, I might concoct something like this myself.

FazDude

Smash Master
The end result makes me wish this actually happened. I'd imagine Rare characters would be a higher priority for Melee though, with most of the big-names coming much sooner.

Of course the four that got away would be first to get in this twice-as-big lineup, but the other characters have great reasons as well.
  • Wario, alongside DK and Yoshi, could be classified unofficially as Mario Party reps, which could be a reason to include this guy in the first entry.
  • I may actually enjoy a non-transforming Zelda and a cloned Ganon if they were in the N64 game. Maybe Sheik can get her own slot for the debut, while Ganondorf can start his process of a unique moveset earlier.
  • Frankly, if we did get three Kirby reps in this game, I can understand wanting to skip a generation before another character from Pop Star is added.
  • Maybe Slippy and Peppy can be Assist Trophies in this instance? Heck, why not have the Assist item debut in Melee this time?
  • Knowing how Smash helped bring Fire Emblem to the West, I can see the Famicom Detective Club getting some more Western appreciation thanks to Ayumi. Or not, but that's another story.
  • I think Little Mac still had some relevance in 1999, despite him being classified as an "NES rep". The same goes with Pit and the Duck Hunt Dog, actually. Perhaps the Icies can still get in Melee, if the practice of doubling the real-world roster continues. Please?
  • Mr. Game and Watch being a 64 veteran would increase his initial surprise, and his fan reception at the same time.
  • And if you plan on doing a 52-character Melee roster, K. Rool is probably getting in 17 years earlier knowing his HM status.
However, there is one drawback to a 24-character roster: There's a greater chance of some characters being expendable if we get a reboot.

All in all, I might concoct something like this myself.
Glad you enjoyed! I'm not currently planning to do a Melee roster with this as a base (and even then, I'd probably go with 36 fighters or something), but it might be fun to do later down the line.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A personal in-joke that's been floating in my head for a while
Howie Mandel vs. Noel Edmonds: Clash of The Bankers
  1. Howie Mandel
  2. Noel Edmonds
  3. Gizmo
  4. Mr. Blobby
  5. Robert "Bobo" Shand
  6. The Stig
  7. Bobby Generic
  8. 5G Tower/Wind Turbine (stance fighter)
  9. The Sandman
  10. The 10 Year Old You May Be Smarter Than
  11. Mr. Myxlplyx
  12. 2000s Crinkly Bottom Vandals (look, there's really not much to work with on the Edmonds side of things, he's not an actor)

Last edited:
A personal in-joke that's been floating in my head for a while
Howie Mandel vs. Noel Edmonds: Clash of The Bankers
  1. Howie Mandel
  2. Noel Edmonds
  3. Gizmo
  4. Mr. Blobby
  5. Robert "Bobo" Shand
  6. The Stig
  7. Bobby Generic
  8. 5G Tower/Wind Turbine (stance fighter)
  9. The Sandman
  10. The 10 Year Old You May Be Smarter Than
  11. Mr. Myxlplyx
  12. 2000s Crinkly Bottom Vandals (look, there's really not much to work with on the Edmonds side of things, he's not an actor)
Something tells me Howie Mandel outmatches Noel Edmonds.

On one side, we have Gizmo, Bobby Generic, and Mr. Myxlplyx. On the other side, the biggest name here is Mr. Blobby.

It's no contest. Mandel over Edmonds in a heartbeat.

Pupp135

Smash Lord

This is a pretty cool roster. For fun, I’ll make my attempt at an SSB roster with twice as many slots.

:4mario::4luigi::toadnaani::4bowser::4dk::4link::ultyounglink:Ganon
:4samus::4marth::4falcon::4yoshi::4kirby::4dedede::4wario2::4ness:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::052::4mewtwo::popo:(Solo) Lip
Secret fighters: :toadnaani::ultyounglink::4falcon::4dedede::4falco::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:Lip
Bowser, King Dedede, Mewtwo, and Marth have their own merits to join outside of being worked on/planned: Bowser is the villain. Kirby was pretty successful, and Dedede was one of Sakurai’s creations, so it’s easier to conceptualize him if I was in Sakurai’s position. The original pokemon movie did come out in Japan in ‘98, and Mewtwo is the postgame pokemon. Fire Emblem‘s success is comparable to Mother’s. As OoT was being worked on, I feel like Ganon would be the easiest LoZ character to add after Link. Wario Land was the last major franchise. Falco is easy padding. After these ones, it gets a little more difficult. In terms of additional side characters, the ones that I could see myself being able to successfully implement are Toad, Young Link, and Meowth. Because I have only Samus in terms of females, I’d like to at least add another female or two, and Lip feels the most feasible as Peach’s dress has been a technical limitation for SSB64 modders (I guess this would also apply to Zelda, but I feel like I’d choose Sheik over her), and I don’t know if I’d have enough information on Sheik. For the last fighter, I added a solo Ice Climber just because I think (s)he‘s a cool idea, but other retro choices would also work well (I’m not sure if Pit‘s wings would also be a polygon issue though).

For fun, I’ll also make a roster where SSB started on the Gamecube instead of N64, and I’ll allow myself to come up with ideas that were used in Melee.
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink:(:ultzelda::ultsheik:):ultsamus::ultmarth::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultness::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ulticeclimbers:
:ultluigi::ultfalco::ultpichu::ultroy:
Secret Fighters: (:ultzelda::ultsheik:):ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultluigi::ultfalco::ultpichu::ultroy:
I went with 20 fighters (4 of which are clones) as assets from SSB64 cannot be reused, and I feel like the N64 version would’ve pulled a Mother 3/Binding Blade, so I’d need to restart development.
Most of the original 8 were relevant at the time, and Samus is important historically.
I like the introducing Fire Emblem overseas, so Marth joins.
Ness is here as I could’ve seen myself try to add Lucas beforehand.
Bowser and Peach are major characters.
Because I’m allowing myself to be able to have the transformation the tag team gimmicks, I’m keeping Zelda/Sheik and Ice Climbers like they are in Melee.
Luigi is the player two character.
Falco is an easy Star Fox character to add.
Pichu and Roy are promotional characters.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Spell Sprawl: Only Magic Users

1. Merlin (Arthurian Legend)
  2. Hecate (Greek Myths)
  3. Alex Russo (Wizards of Waverly Place)
    1. Justin Russo (Wizard of Waverly Place) {Echo}
  4. Luz Noceda (Owl House)
  5. Eda Clawthorne (Owl House)
  6. Gandolf the Grey (Lord of the Rings)
    1. Gandolf the White (Lord of the Rings) {Echo}
  7. Zantana (DC)
  8. John Constantine (DC)
  9. Dr Strange (Marvel)
  10. Scarlet Witch (Marvel)
  11. Fairy Godmother (Shrek)
  12. Matilda (Matilda)
  13. Bruno Madrigal (Encanto)
  14. Great Gazoo (Flintstones)
  15. Sabrina (Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
  16. Jeanie (I Dream Of Jeanie)
  17. Imhotep (The Mummy)
  18. Witch Hazel (Looney Tunes)
  19. She-Ra (She-Ra)
  20. He-Man (He-Man)
  21. Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
  22. Zelda (Legend Of Zelda)
  23. Ursula (Little Mermaid)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Spell Sprawl: Only Magic Users

1. Merlin (Arthurian Legend)
  2. Hecate (Greek Myths)
  3. Alex Russo (Wizards of Waverly Place)
    1. Justin Russo (Wizard of Waverly Place) {Echo}
  4. Luz Noceda (Owl House)
  5. Eda Clawthorne (Owl House)
  6. Gandolf the Grey (Lord of the Rings)
    1. Gandolf the White (Lord of the Rings) {Echo}
  7. Zantana (DC)
  8. John Constantine (DC)
  9. Dr Strange (Marvel)
  10. Scarlet Witch (Marvel)
  11. Fairy Godmother (Shrek)
  12. Matilda (Matilda)
  13. Bruno Madrigal (Encanto)
  14. Great Gazoo (Flintstones)
  15. Sabrina (Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
  16. Jeanie (I Dream Of Jeanie)
  17. Imhotep (The Mummy)
  18. Witch Hazel (Looney Tunes)
  19. She-Ra (She-Ra)
  20. He-Man (He-Man)
  21. Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
  22. Zelda (Legend Of Zelda)
  23. Ursula (Little Mermaid)
Are Akko or Ursula/Shiny Chariot from Little Witch Academia going to be DLC?

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Hmm... what if a Vento Aureo fighting game were to be made in a similar style to the original Heritage for the Future (which was based more on Part 3)?

Here's my own take - an admittedly strange mix, but in my opinion, a solid one. I should probably explain them!
  1. Giorno Giovanna. Do I really need to explain this one? Giorno's your average jack of all trades. Obviously his super has him use GER.
  2. Bruno Bucciarati. Again, this should be kind of obvious. That said, Bruno could be a little more mechanically complex and ranged.
  3. Leone Abbacchio. Moody Blues could be used to create "copies" of Abbacchio's and his opponent's attacks to be played back?
  4. Guido Mista. haha 4th character. Also a solid ranged pick could work here, think a little like Hol Horse in the original.
  5. Narancia Ghirga. Using Aerosmith could be pretty fun as a ranged option, but Narancia could also just stab you.
  6. Pannacotta Fugo. Purple Haze obviously lends well to AoE attacks and poison effects.
  7. Trish Una. With Spice Girl. There's not as much to work with, but she's still important and undeniably cool.
  8. Jean Pierre Polnareff. Specifically his Part 5 form, meaning he's in the wheelchair but Silver Chariot partially makes up for that.
  9. Jotaro Kujo. Yes I know he's only seen for like five panels in the part but it's ****ing Jotaro how could we not include him.
  10. Koichi Hirose. Hey, he'd be fun! I'd say he should switch between ACTs though, as opposed to only using ACT 3.
  11. Leaky-Eye Luca. Imagine winning a tournament with Luca. Also, his shovel has a lot of potential if I'm honest.
  12. Sale. A more unusual zoner compared to Mista, and also one who can like, walk in the air. He'd be fun.
  13. Melone. I say "Melone" but in truth it's actually Baby Face with Melone in the background on his computer.
  14. Prosciutto & Pesci. It'd be neat if Pesci is more of a "summon" for Prosciutto?
  15. Ghiaccio. IT'S CALLED A QUARTER CIRCLE INPUT, NOT A ****ING HADOUKEN INPUT, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  16. Risotto Nero. Pretty obvious pick here. Not 100% sure how to handle his invisibility, though.
  17. Squalo. Hey, Clash is cool okay? That said, him being a weird mid-range pick would be fun too.
  18. Cioccolata & Secco. I like the idea of you more actively using both of them rather than with the other duo who moreso work like summons.
  19. Vinegar Doppio. Think of Doppio being like Shadow DIO in HFTF. He's functionally a different character to Diavolo though.
  20. Diavolo. Obviously. As for how to work Epitaph, I'm not 100% sure, but you could have "teleport" moves kind of like DIO or something.
Yes, there's a few characters missing, but I think I've covered most of the bases here. Not only that, but some of them would appear in story modes (for instance, Zucchero would be in Sale's story mode, and opponents like Black Sabbath or Notorious B.I.G. would make solid bosses.)

FazDude

Smash Master

Here it is. My 126-man Celebration of Gaming History roster. I am never doing anything like this again.
Listed by series debut, one rep per series. If you have any questions about the picks, feel free to ask me!
  1. Adventurer (Adventure for Atari 2600)
  2. Space Invader
  3. Sheriff (Nintendo)
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Centipede
  6. Mr. Game & Watch
  7. Intellivision Man
  8. Defender
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Mario
  11. Frogger
  12. Pitfall Harry
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Jouster (Joust)
  15. Miner Willy
  16. Jetpac
  17. Bomberman
  18. Dirk the Daring (Dragon's Lair)
  19. L-Tetromino (Tetris)
  20. Carmen Sandiego
  21. ROB
  22. Duck Hunt
  23. Link
  24. Erdrick (Dragon Quest)
  25. Samus
  26. Bub (Bubble Bobble)
  27. Alex Kidd
  28. Bill Rizer (Contra)
  29. Simon Belmont
  30. Dizzy
  31. Billy Lee (Double Dragon)
  32. Snake (Metal Gear)
  33. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  34. Mega Man
  35. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
  36. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  37. The Prince (Prince of Persia)
  38. Marth
  39. Guybrush (Monkey Island)
  40. Commander Keen
  41. Lemmings
  42. Sonic
  43. Duke Nukem
  44. Axel (Streets of Rage)
  45. Terry Bogard
  46. BJ Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein)
  47. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  48. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  49. Bubsy
  50. Doom Slayer
  51. Dragonborn (Elder Scrolls)
  52. Kazuya
  53. Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
  54. Robbit (Jumping Flash)
  55. Rayman
  56. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  57. Boggy B (Worms)
  58. Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  59. Pokemon Trainer
  60. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
  61. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  62. Parappa
  63. Crash Bandicoot
  64. Diablo
  65. Abe (Oddworld)
  66. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  67. CJ (Grand Theft Auto)
  68. Kerrigan (StarCraft)
  69. Banjo & Kazooie
  70. Spyro
  71. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
  72. Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
  73. Heavy (Team Fortress)
  74. Bella Goth (Sims)
  75. Shantae
  76. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  77. Runescaper
  78. Jak & Daxter
  79. Master Chief
  80. Phoenix Wright
  81. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  82. Isabelle
  83. Sora
  84. Sly Cooper
  85. Ratcher & Clank
  86. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  87. Monster Hunter
  88. Quote (Cave Story)
  89. Thrall (Warcraft)
  90. Noob (Roblox)
  91. Kratos (God of War)
  92. Frank West (Dead Rising)
  93. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
  94. Penguin (Club Penguin)
  95. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  96. Chell (Portal)
  97. Ezio (Assassins Creed)
  98. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  99. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
  100. Matt (Wii Sports)
  101. Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
  102. Crazy Dave (Plants vs. Zombies)
  103. Ahri (League of Legends)
  104. Claptrap (Borderlands)
  105. Just Dancer
  106. Red (Angry Birds)
  107. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
  108. CommanderVideo
  109. Steve
  110. Kat (Gravity Rush)
  111. Mr. Toffee (Candy Crush)
  112. Shovel Knight
  113. Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's)
  114. Octane (Rocket League)
  115. Sans (UNDERTALE)
  116. Tracer (Overwatch)
  117. Jonesy (Fortnite)
  118. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
  119. Cuphead
  120. Astro
  121. Paimon (Genshin Impact)
  122. Annalynn
  123. Peppino (Pizza Tower)
  124. Kung Fu Man (MUGEN)
  125. Game Genie
  126. Chuck E. Cheese (fourth-party)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Here it is. My 126-man Celebration of Gaming History roster. I am never doing anything like this again.
Listed by series debut, one rep per series. If you have any questions about the picks, feel free to ask me!
  2. Space Invader
  3. Sheriff (Nintendo)
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Centipede
  6. Mr. Game & Watch
  7. Intellivision Man
  8. Defender
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Mario
  11. Frogger
  12. Pitfall Harry
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Jouster (Joust)
  15. Miner Willy
  16. Jetpac
  17. Bomberman
  19. L-Tetromino (Tetris)
  20. Carmen Sandiego
  21. ROB
  22. Duck Hunt
  23. Link
  25. Samus
  26. Bub (Bubble Bobble)
  27. Alex Kidd
  28. Bill Rizer (Contra)
  29. Simon Belmont
  30. Dizzy
  32. Snake (Metal Gear)
  33. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  34. Mega Man
  38. Marth
  40. Commander Keen
  41. Lemmings
  42. Sonic
  43. Duke Nukem
  45. Terry Bogard
  48. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  49. Bubsy
  50. Doom Slayer
  52. Kazuya
  55. Rayman
  57. Boggy B (Worms)
  59. Pokemon Trainer
  62. Parappa
  63. Crash Bandicoot
  64. Diablo
  65. Abe (Oddworld)
  66. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  68. Kerrigan (StarCraft)
  69. Banjo & Kazooie
  70. Spyro
  74. Bella Goth (Sims)
  75. Shantae
  76. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  77. Runescaper
  78. Jak & Daxter
  79. Master Chief
  80. Phoenix Wright
  82. Isabelle
  83. Sora
  84. Sly Cooper
  85. Ratcher & Clank
  86. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  87. Monster Hunter
  88. Quote (Cave Story)
  89. Thrall (Warcraft)
  90. Noob (Roblox)
  91. Kratos (God of War)
  95. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  96. Chell (Portal)
  100. Matt (Wii Sports)
  105. Just Dancer
  106. Red (Angry Birds)
  108. CommanderVideo
  109. Steve
  110. Kat (Gravity Rush)
  112. Shovel Knight
  115. Sans (UNDERTALE)
  116. Tracer (Overwatch)
  117. Jonesy (Fortnite)
  119. Cuphead
  120. Astro
  122. Annalynn
  124. Kung Fu Man (MUGEN)
  125. Game Genie
Charles (the mouse) seems like a weird, yet fitting choice for a character that didn't come from a video game, considering that the restaurants had arcades.

My litte gripe it's that is a little redundant that Freddy Fazbear and he are in the same room, but i think they would have different movesets despite of their similar concepts.

2. Space Invader
  3. Sheriff (Nintendo)
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Centipede
  6. Mr. Game & Watch
  7. Intellivision Man
  8. Defender
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Mario
  11. Frogger
  12. Pitfall Harry
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Jouster (Joust)
  15. Miner Willy
  16. Jetpac
  17. Bomberman
  19. L-Tetromino (Tetris)
  20. Carmen Sandiego
  21. ROB
  22. Duck Hunt
  23. Link
  25. Samus
  26. Bub (Bubble Bobble)
  27. Alex Kidd
  28. Bill Rizer (Contra)
  29. Simon Belmont
  30. Dizzy
  32. Snake (Metal Gear)
  33. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  34. Mega Man
  38. Marth
  40. Commander Keen
  41. Lemmings
  42. Sonic
  43. Duke Nukem
  45. Terry Bogard
  48. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  49. Bubsy
  50. Doom Slayer
  52. Kazuya
  55. Rayman
  57. Boggy B (Worms)
  59. Pokemon Trainer
  62. Parappa
  63. Crash Bandicoot
  64. Diablo
  65. Abe (Oddworld)
  66. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  68. Kerrigan (StarCraft)
  69. Banjo & Kazooie
  70. Spyro
  74. Bella Goth (Sims)
  75. Shantae
  76. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  77. Runescaper
  78. Jak & Daxter
  79. Master Chief
  80. Phoenix Wright
  82. Isabelle
  83. Sora
  84. Sly Cooper
  85. Ratcher & Clank
  86. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  87. Monster Hunter
  88. Quote (Cave Story)
  89. Thrall (Warcraft)
  90. Noob (Roblox)
  91. Kratos (God of War)
  95. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  96. Chell (Portal)
  100. Matt (Wii Sports)
  105. Just Dancer
  106. Red (Angry Birds)
  108. CommanderVideo
  109. Steve
  110. Kat (Gravity Rush)
  112. Shovel Knight
  115. Sans (UNDERTALE)
  116. Tracer (Overwatch)
  117. Jonesy (Fortnite)
  119. Cuphead
  120. Astro
  122. Annalynn
  124. Kung Fu Man (MUGEN)
  125. Game Genie
Oh, the memes spawning from pro gameplay of this title are going to be endless.

However, I am surprised your one fourth-party character to close out this game is Chuck E. Cheese, of all mascots. I get why, due to him and the Atari 2600 sharing the same creator, but I would have gone with Popeye or Scrooge McDuck myself.

One nitpick, though. Putting Isabelle in the game as though she debuted in the original Animal Crossing is the one chronological outlier I can spot. I'd put her approximately between #108 and #119.

Still, this is a great lineup.

FazDude

Smash Master
One nitpick, though. Putting Isabelle in the game as though she debuted in the original Animal Crossing is the one chronological outlier I can spot. I'd put her approximately between #108 and #119.
I mean, that's not the only case of that in the roster - Dragonborn, Cloud, and Erdrick have similar things going on. Glad you like the roster as a whole, though!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

2. Space Invader
  3. Sheriff (Nintendo)
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Centipede
  6. Mr. Game & Watch
  7. Intellivision Man
  8. Defender
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Mario
  11. Frogger
  12. Pitfall Harry
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Jouster (Joust)
  15. Miner Willy
  16. Jetpac
  17. Bomberman
  19. L-Tetromino (Tetris)
  20. Carmen Sandiego
  21. ROB
  22. Duck Hunt
  23. Link
  25. Samus
  26. Bub (Bubble Bobble)
  27. Alex Kidd
  28. Bill Rizer (Contra)
  29. Simon Belmont
  30. Dizzy
  32. Snake (Metal Gear)
  33. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  34. Mega Man
  38. Marth
  40. Commander Keen
  41. Lemmings
  42. Sonic
  43. Duke Nukem
  45. Terry Bogard
  48. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  49. Bubsy
  50. Doom Slayer
  52. Kazuya
  55. Rayman
  57. Boggy B (Worms)
  59. Pokemon Trainer
  62. Parappa
  63. Crash Bandicoot
  64. Diablo
  65. Abe (Oddworld)
  66. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  68. Kerrigan (StarCraft)
  69. Banjo & Kazooie
  70. Spyro
  74. Bella Goth (Sims)
  75. Shantae
  76. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  77. Runescaper
  78. Jak & Daxter
  79. Master Chief
  80. Phoenix Wright
  82. Isabelle
  83. Sora
  84. Sly Cooper
  85. Ratcher & Clank
  86. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  87. Monster Hunter
  88. Quote (Cave Story)
  89. Thrall (Warcraft)
  90. Noob (Roblox)
  91. Kratos (God of War)
  95. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  96. Chell (Portal)
  100. Matt (Wii Sports)
  105. Just Dancer
  106. Red (Angry Birds)
  108. CommanderVideo
  109. Steve
  110. Kat (Gravity Rush)
  112. Shovel Knight
  115. Sans (UNDERTALE)
  116. Tracer (Overwatch)
  117. Jonesy (Fortnite)
  119. Cuphead
  120. Astro
  122. Annalynn
  124. Kung Fu Man (MUGEN)
  125. Game Genie
I’m kinda curious why paimon is the one genshin character. I admire not just using the traveler but paimon is like the one character who doesnt fight in the game

I mean, that's not the only case of that in the roster - Dragonborn, Cloud, and Erdrick have similar things going on. Glad you like the roster as a whole, though!
Well, I can excuse those three cases because The Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest have a lot of protagonists to choose from here, and Dragonborn, Cloud, and Erdrick happen to be the breakout protagonists of their respective franchises.

Contrast that to Isabelle, who I feel not even she stacks up to Villager as an Animal Crossing rep, mascot status be darned.

Just my specific opinion.

2. Space Invader
  3. Sheriff (Nintendo)
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Centipede
  6. Mr. Game & Watch
  7. Intellivision Man
  8. Defender
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Mario
  11. Frogger
  12. Pitfall Harry
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Jouster (Joust)
  15. Miner Willy
  16. Jetpac
  17. Bomberman
  19. L-Tetromino (Tetris)
  20. Carmen Sandiego
  21. ROB
  22. Duck Hunt
  23. Link
  25. Samus
  26. Bub (Bubble Bobble)
  27. Alex Kidd
  28. Bill Rizer (Contra)
  29. Simon Belmont
  30. Dizzy
  32. Snake (Metal Gear)
  33. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  34. Mega Man
  38. Marth
  40. Commander Keen
  41. Lemmings
  42. Sonic
  43. Duke Nukem
  45. Terry Bogard
  48. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  49. Bubsy
  50. Doom Slayer
  52. Kazuya
  55. Rayman
  57. Boggy B (Worms)
  59. Pokemon Trainer
  62. Parappa
  63. Crash Bandicoot
  64. Diablo
  65. Abe (Oddworld)
  66. Vault Boy (Fallout)
  68. Kerrigan (StarCraft)
  69. Banjo & Kazooie
  70. Spyro
  74. Bella Goth (Sims)
  75. Shantae
  76. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  77. Runescaper
  78. Jak & Daxter
  79. Master Chief
  80. Phoenix Wright
  82. Isabelle
  83. Sora
  84. Sly Cooper
  85. Ratcher & Clank
  86. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  87. Monster Hunter
  88. Quote (Cave Story)
  89. Thrall (Warcraft)
  90. Noob (Roblox)
  91. Kratos (God of War)
  95. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  96. Chell (Portal)
  100. Matt (Wii Sports)
  105. Just Dancer
  106. Red (Angry Birds)
  108. CommanderVideo
  109. Steve
  110. Kat (Gravity Rush)
  112. Shovel Knight
  115. Sans (UNDERTALE)
  116. Tracer (Overwatch)
  117. Jonesy (Fortnite)
  119. Cuphead
  120. Astro
  122. Annalynn
  124. Kung Fu Man (MUGEN)
  125. Game Genie
I really like this 126-character roster. Although a Flash game rep would make sense here somehow, considering that flash/browser games were part of indie game history (not complaining tho).

(Also including Guybrush and R.O.B seems really based)

Top Bottom