• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I feel like this concept is going to make some people actually break down, but I've had it rattling in my head for a short while and thought I should give it a shot, specifically: what if in 2011, shortly before moving development from the DS to the 3DS, SEGA greenlit a small-scale project in the form of a platfighter on the platform, though on the condition that it mostly reuses assets in order to save on development time and essentially be a last-minute release for the platform's twilight years? Well... here's my thoughts! (Warning: the roster I'm proposing isn't good. It's moreso feasible.)

Couple of notes before I started: yes, this would be somewhat of a rushed game, but I didn't want to fill it with clone characters. SEGA Superstars Tennis could reasonably have given me Pudding, Gum, MeeMee and Reala to work with on that front, but I felt like it'd be a bit lazy to just fill it with clones. That said, certain characters will share certain elements - for instance, characters like Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow, or Jacky and Ryo, could feasibly share skeletons albeit with different moves. Let's get into it!
  1. Sonic is a pretty obvious inclusion here, who we could do quite a lot with. I'm personally imagining that his interpretation here would be primarily based on the Rush titles as well as hints from the Advance series, maintaining his fast pace and probably featuring a Boost special or something. He's got a few models to pull from, so that shouldn't be too bad. He, Knuckles and Shadow could reasonably share skeletons.​
  2. Knuckles is another fairly obvious inclusion, though I'll admit Tails nearly took his place. The main reason I ended up going with Knux is because a lot of his moves would be easier for people to propose and imagine, whereas Tails might have a slightly more complicated skeleton due to his tails, as well as a slightly more complex moveset. He plays here as you'd expect - a couple of elements from Adventure or Advance for flair.​
  3. AiAi is here too! My thought process is that he's not always in his ball, though - you'll notice that characters with a central "gimmick" like this will often be simplified in this roster to make programming easier. That said, I reckon his ball would be a special or something of the like. AiAi's a mobile character with pretty low-powered attacks, but he's deceptively fast and fits squarely into rushdown territory.​
  4. Billy Hatcher is also here. Yay. (Guilliame L'Eclosion fans will be screaming in joy.) Unfortunately, he's in a similar boat to AiAi in that his central "gimmick" (in his case his giant eggs) will probably be limited to special moves. Billy's probably a bit slower-paced than Sonic but shares a few similarities overall, though. He could probably share a skeleton with Alex Kidd too, if needed.​
  5. Ulala is someone a bit fresh, using a humanoid skeleton that's going to be shared by NiGHTS down the road. (No, seriously.) I think her moves mostly being just dance animations could work well, a little like a more fluid Wii Fit Trainer in that sense, though she could just as easily use more traditional punches and kicks and the like.​
  6. Jacky Bryant is mostly picked in this case due to (from what I can find, at least) a lack of a DS model for Akira, so he'll have to do as our Virtua Fighter rep. He'd bring over a few of his more iconic attacks from the game, and could probably share a skeleton with Ryo, Beat, or possibly even Kai.​
  7. NiGHTS has their model pulled from SEGA Superstars Tennis for this game, and similarly to AiAi and Billy, their "gimmick" (being free flight) is mostly limited to animations and specials and the like. NiGHTS is an aerially-adept and surprisingly quick character, though works best to set up comboes whilst not necessarily being good at defence, making them a loosely defined glass cannon of sorts.​
  8. Beat is our last default character, who in this case could work in a few unique ways but inevitably would probably feel pretty generic here. Whilst his animations should look somewhat stylish with different tricks and the like, he'll be mostly kick-focused, and probably uses his spray cans as a special or something of the like.​
  9. Shadow is our first unlockable character, picked mostly because of his continued popularity at the time and the fact that he's fairly easy to rig up since we already have Sonic's skeleton to work with. That's not to say he's a Sonic clone by any means - he'd be moreso based on his Adventure and Battle appearances overall - but the pair would have similarities.​
  10. Amigo is another rhythm-based character, though I think he'd be a lot of fun as more of an unga-bunga character who gets up close and beats you down with his maracas as opposed to taking more direct inspiration from his rhythm-game roots (making him more unique from Ulala in the process.) That said, it'd still be nice for him to have plenty of dancey animations here and there as a nod to his origins.​
  11. Dr. Eggman is our second unlockable character and the last from the Sonic series, though in this case, he's unique in that we'd have him actually fighting on foot and using a few different gadgets to make him a zoner/trapper. The reason for this is mostly because it'd be easier to use his skeleton from SEGA Superstars Tennis, and we could always justify him creating a new piece of technology to fight with like the four-armed backpack thing from Tennis.​
  12. Ryo Hazuki is here from the Shenmue series, though interestingly, whilst he's got a lot of his own more iconic moves from his games, he'd end up being a bit of a semi-clone of Jacky on a basic level (even though they'd obviously differ in a wide variety of ways.) He's got good damage output with his martial arts, though he's a little slower than some of the others here.​
  13. Alex Kidd felt like a natural inclusion who could use the scrimbloey skeleton of characters like Amigo or Billy to his advantage, though in his case, his fists and feet would grow when attacking to give him just a little extra reach. I'm not 100% sure if his various vehicles would be feasible to include here, but the Petacopter would honestly be a fun little thing to see.​
  14. Gilius Thunderhead is fairly unique here, and we'd end up having to use his Tennis model with his racket replaced with his classic axe. I reckon there'd be a couple of moves that directly call back to Golden Axe, but a few of them would end up taking creative liberties too. Come to think of it, it might not be such a bad idea to steal some animations from Phantasy Star Zero. Speaking of...​
  15. Kai is a bit weird here in that he's not featured in a SEGA crossover before, but being a prominent character from the ambitious DS title Phantasy Star Zero and a representative of that series (which we've also still not yet had in an "All-Stars" game), he felt like a fun inclusion. He'd fight with his sword, obviously, and maybe some of his specials could have him use different Techniques such as Zonde or Anti.​
The reason for the majority of cuts in this case pretty much boils down to one of two: either the character wasn't quite interesting or important enough to warrant inclusion compared to another candidate (Tails, Amy, the Bonanza Bros and the various clone characters fit in here), or that their moveset would have been pretty complicated to actually make in such a short time and their unique nature would make them more time-consuming to include (such as with Chuih and Opa-Opa, two characters I really would love to see here but couldn't reasonably justify due to their unique skeletons and attacks.)

If I were to have allowed clones, I'd have added Amy (who'd be a semi-clone of Sonic, albeit slower and with the Piko-Piko Hammer filling some of her attacks, mostly with animations stolen from Phantasy Star Zero), Gum (who would be a clone of Beat with a very similar moveset, albeit faster, lighter, and slightly weaker), Pudding (who'd have again a very similar moveset to Ulala though this time around she'd be heavier and deal more damage), Reala (who'd essentially be the Akuma to NiGHTS's Ryu, dealing very high damage but having abysmal defence because of it) and MeeMee (who would be similar to Gum in that she's a faster but weaker AiAi.) That said, I don't think people would be particularly interested in a quarter of the roster being direct clones of each other, so... yeah.

In terms of stages and the like, I reckon the majority of them would be pulled from SEGA's DS releases with very few (if any) new inclusions, these being:
  1. Green Hill Zone - pulled from Tennis. I considered Seaside Hill for this one but I felt Green Hill was more iconic.
  2. Final Fortress - pulled from Racing, this time from the Dark Arsenal stage. I reckon some Badniks are working here, too.
  3. Shibuya Downtown - pulled from Tennis, though it's the classic variant. It's more iconic than the Racing tracks, admittedly.
  4. Jumble Jungle - pulled from the Treetops stage in Racing. Maybe characters like MeeMee are observing.
  5. Splash Garden - a NiGHTS stage, again pulled from Tennis. Nightopians like to hang around and observe. Maybe you could have some Puyos here too.
  6. Space Port 9 - pulled from Tennis, works as a solid location for Ulala's home I suppose. There's some dancing Morolians in the background.
  7. Carnival Town - specifically pulled from the Jump Parade stage in Racing.
  8. Dino Mountain - pulled from Racing, specifically the Lava Lair stage. I felt it'd be nice and different compared to the two Blizzard Castle tracks.
  9. Curien Mansion - pulled from Racing, specifically the Outer Forest stage. There's some zombies lurching around here.
  10. AM2 Wharf - pulled from Tennis, represents the Virtua Cop series. This was actually a whole mode back there so it seems like it'd be fun to pull.
As for music and remixes, they'd be pulled directly from DS titles (mostly Tennis and Racing, though.) Bear in mind this isn't too high-effort on SEGA's part, so don't expect an earth-shattering release.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Food Fight!
Based on AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's thread
  1. Ronald McDonald (McDonald's)
  2. Hamburglar
  3. Mac Tonight
  4. Colonel Sanders (KFC)
  5. Burger King (Burger King)
  6. Kid Vid
  7. Polar Bear (Coca-Cola)
  8. Red & Yellow (M&M's)
  9. Mrs. Green
  10. Chester Cheetah (Cheetos)
  11. Kool-Aid Man (Kool-Aid)
  12. Mr. Peanut (Planters)
  13. Siren (Starbucks)
  14. Goldbear (Haribo)
  15. Lucky (Lucky Charms)
  16. Cap'N Crunch (Cap'N Crunch)
  17. Tony (Frosties)
  18. Icee Bear (Icee)
  19. Chiquila Banana (Chiquila)
  20. Frankenberry (Monster Cereals)
  21. Chuck E. Cheese (Chuck E. Cheese)
  22. Classic Cigar Chuck
  23. The Noid (Domino's Pizza)
  24. Pepsiman (Pepsi)
  25. Animal (Pepperami)
  26. Freddo (Cadbury Dairy Milk)
  27. Easter Bunny
  28. The Bimbo Bear (Bimbo)
  29. Koala (Koala's March)
  30. Panda (Panda Cheese)
  31. Honey Monster (Honey Monster)
  32. Jolibee (Jolibee)
  33. Cool Spot (7-Up)
  34. Fido-Dido
  35. Wilkins (Wilkins Coffee)
  36. Billy Bob (Showbiz Pizza)
  37. Spongmonkeys (Quiznos)
  38. Bigg Mixx (Bigg Mixx)
  39. Colin Curly (Quavers)
  40. Bibendum (Michelin Guide)

I feel like this concept is going to make some people actually break down, but I've had it rattling in my head for a short while and thought I should give it a shot, specifically: what if in 2011, shortly before moving development from the DS to the 3DS, SEGA greenlit a small-scale project in the form of a platfighter on the platform, though on the condition that it mostly reuses assets in order to save on development time and essentially be a last-minute release for the platform's twilight years? Well... here's my thoughts! (Warning: the roster I'm proposing isn't good. It's moreso feasible.)

Couple of notes before I started: yes, this would be somewhat of a rushed game, but I didn't want to fill it with clone characters. SEGA Superstars Tennis could reasonably have given me Pudding, Gum, MeeMee and Reala to work with on that front, but I felt like it'd be a bit lazy to just fill it with clones. That said, certain characters will share certain elements - for instance, characters like Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow, or Jacky and Ryo, could feasibly share skeletons albeit with different moves. Let's get into it!
  1. Sonic is a pretty obvious inclusion here, who we could do quite a lot with. I'm personally imagining that his interpretation here would be primarily based on the Rush titles as well as hints from the Advance series, maintaining his fast pace and probably featuring a Boost special or something. He's got a few models to pull from, so that shouldn't be too bad. He, Knuckles and Shadow could reasonably share skeletons.​
  2. Knuckles is another fairly obvious inclusion, though I'll admit Tails nearly took his place. The main reason I ended up going with Knux is because a lot of his moves would be easier for people to propose and imagine, whereas Tails might have a slightly more complicated skeleton due to his tails, as well as a slightly more complex moveset. He plays here as you'd expect - a couple of elements from Adventure or Advance for flair.​
  3. AiAi is here too! My thought process is that he's not always in his ball, though - you'll notice that characters with a central "gimmick" like this will often be simplified in this roster to make programming easier. That said, I reckon his ball would be a special or something of the like. AiAi's a mobile character with pretty low-powered attacks, but he's deceptively fast and fits squarely into rushdown territory.​
  4. Billy Hatcher is also here. Yay. (Guilliame L'Eclosion fans will be screaming in joy.) Unfortunately, he's in a similar boat to AiAi in that his central "gimmick" (in his case his giant eggs) will probably be limited to special moves. Billy's probably a bit slower-paced than Sonic but shares a few similarities overall, though. He could probably share a skeleton with Alex Kidd too, if needed.​
  5. Ulala is someone a bit fresh, using a humanoid skeleton that's going to be shared by NiGHTS down the road. (No, seriously.) I think her moves mostly being just dance animations could work well, a little like a more fluid Wii Fit Trainer in that sense, though she could just as easily use more traditional punches and kicks and the like.​
  6. Jacky Bryant is mostly picked in this case due to (from what I can find, at least) a lack of a DS model for Akira, so he'll have to do as our Virtua Fighter rep. He'd bring over a few of his more iconic attacks from the game, and could probably share a skeleton with Ryo, Beat, or possibly even Kai.​
  7. NiGHTS has their model pulled from SEGA Superstars Tennis for this game, and similarly to AiAi and Billy, their "gimmick" (being free flight) is mostly limited to animations and specials and the like. NiGHTS is an aerially-adept and surprisingly quick character, though works best to set up comboes whilst not necessarily being good at defence, making them a loosely defined glass cannon of sorts.​
  8. Beat is our last default character, who in this case could work in a few unique ways but inevitably would probably feel pretty generic here. Whilst his animations should look somewhat stylish with different tricks and the like, he'll be mostly kick-focused, and probably uses his spray cans as a special or something of the like.​
  9. Shadow is our first unlockable character, picked mostly because of his continued popularity at the time and the fact that he's fairly easy to rig up since we already have Sonic's skeleton to work with. That's not to say he's a Sonic clone by any means - he'd be moreso based on his Adventure and Battle appearances overall - but the pair would have similarities.​
  10. Amigo is another rhythm-based character, though I think he'd be a lot of fun as more of an unga-bunga character who gets up close and beats you down with his maracas as opposed to taking more direct inspiration from his rhythm-game roots (making him more unique from Ulala in the process.) That said, it'd still be nice for him to have plenty of dancey animations here and there as a nod to his origins.​
  11. Dr. Eggman is our second unlockable character and the last from the Sonic series, though in this case, he's unique in that we'd have him actually fighting on foot and using a few different gadgets to make him a zoner/trapper. The reason for this is mostly because it'd be easier to use his skeleton from SEGA Superstars Tennis, and we could always justify him creating a new piece of technology to fight with like the four-armed backpack thing from Tennis.​
  12. Ryo Hazuki is here from the Shenmue series, though interestingly, whilst he's got a lot of his own more iconic moves from his games, he'd end up being a bit of a semi-clone of Jacky on a basic level (even though they'd obviously differ in a wide variety of ways.) He's got good damage output with his martial arts, though he's a little slower than some of the others here.​
  13. Alex Kidd felt like a natural inclusion who could use the scrimbloey skeleton of characters like Amigo or Billy to his advantage, though in his case, his fists and feet would grow when attacking to give him just a little extra reach. I'm not 100% sure if his various vehicles would be feasible to include here, but the Petacopter would honestly be a fun little thing to see.​
  14. Gilius Thunderhead is fairly unique here, and we'd end up having to use his Tennis model with his racket replaced with his classic axe. I reckon there'd be a couple of moves that directly call back to Golden Axe, but a few of them would end up taking creative liberties too. Come to think of it, it might not be such a bad idea to steal some animations from Phantasy Star Zero. Speaking of...​
  15. Kai is a bit weird here in that he's not featured in a SEGA crossover before, but being a prominent character from the ambitious DS title Phantasy Star Zero and a representative of that series (which we've also still not yet had in an "All-Stars" game), he felt like a fun inclusion. He'd fight with his sword, obviously, and maybe some of his specials could have him use different Techniques such as Zonde or Anti.​
In terms of stages and the like, I reckon the majority of them would be pulled from SEGA's DS releases with very few (if any) new inclusions. Expect locations like Seaside Hill, Shibuya Downtown, Space Port 9, Carnival Park and Curien Mansion, plus a couple you might not initially expect like OutRun Bay - as well as music and remixes pulled directly from DS titles (mostly Tennis and Racing, though.) Bear in mind this isn't too high-effort on SEGA's part, so don't expect an earth-shattering release.
Even if this is a last-minute game for the Nintendo DS, the characters and stages are actually pretty good.

I don't mind leaving Tails behind if it means we get three more Sonic characters than Smash has in general. Maybe Tails can be added if we somehow get a sequel.

It would be interesting to see AiAi not always using his Monkey Ball to move around in. Ditto that for Billy Hatcher's giant eggs.

I actually can see Ulala and NiGHTS sharing a similar build, come to think of it. Heck, if you told an average Sega fan that NiGHTS first came out on the Dreamcast, some of them would have believed you.

While I would have preferred Akira Yuki as our Virtua Fighter rep, Jacky Bryant is the next best choice for that IP in this game.

Interesting how Jet Set Radio got a character in the default roster, with all due respect to the fans.

Of the characters in Sonic not named Sonic, picking Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow is the best you could pull from for the time.

Amigo is a surprise, even by surprise character standards here.

Ryo Hazuki being a Jacky Bryant semi-clone actually makes sense, since Shenmue initially began development as a Virtua Fighter spinoff.

Alex Kidd and Gilius Thunderhead would be the most expected retro picks for a 2010s Sega platfighter. That doesn't make their inclusions here boring.

Kai from Phantasy Star Zero. This guy is the most unexpected character out of this lineup, bar none. I get that Classic Phantasy Star hasn't been in a Sega All-Stars game, and this does rectify that. But Kai just feels the most likely to be a one-and-done.

On the plus side, the stages and music from Sega's DS games aren't really that bad, so I don't mind their inclusions here as the rule.

Food Fight!
Based on AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's thread
  1. Ronald McDonald (McDonald's)
  2. Hamburglar
  3. Mac Tonight
  4. Colonel Sanders (KFC)
  5. Burger King (Burger King)
  6. Kid Vid
  7. Polar Bear (Coca-Cola)
  8. Red & Yellow (M&M's)
  9. Mrs. Green
  10. Chester Cheetah (Cheetos)
  11. Kool-Aid Man (Kool-Aid)
  12. Mr. Peanut (Planters)
  13. Siren (Starbucks)
  14. Goldbear (Haribo)
  15. Lucky (Lucky Charms)
  16. Cap'N Crunch (Cap'N Crunch)
  17. Tony (Frosties)
  18. Icee Bear (Icee)
  19. Chiquila Banana (Chiquila)
  20. Frankenberry (Monster Cereals)
  21. Chuck E. Cheese (Chuck E. Cheese)
  22. Classic Cigar Chuck
  23. The Noid (Domino's Pizza)
  24. Pepsiman (Pepsi)
  25. Animal (Pepperami)
  26. Freddo (Cadbury Dairy Milk)
  27. Easter Bunny
  28. The Bimbo Bear (Bimbo)
  29. Koala (Koala's March)
  30. Panda (Panda Cheese)
  31. Honey Monster (Honey Monster)
  32. Jolibee (Jolibee)
  33. Cool Spot (7-Up)
  34. Fido-Dido
  35. Wilkins (Wilkins Coffee)
  36. Billy Bob (Showbiz Pizza)
  37. Spongmonkeys (Quiznos)
  38. Bigg Mixx (Bigg Mixx)
  39. Colin Curly (Quavers)
  40. Bibendum (Michelin Guide)
I'd try my hand at all of these guys, but I would also want to make funny duos out of them:

Ronald McDonald + Burger King: The King's Court
Colonel Sanders + Starbucks Siren: Chicken or Fish
Polar Bear + Pepsiman: Cola Wars
Chuck E. Cheese + Billy Bob: Concept Unification
Fido Dido + The Noid: Turtle Power
Wilkins + Spongmonkeys: Double Teamed
Mrs. Green + Mr. Peanut: I Hear He's Delicious

Just a few examples.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

In terms of stages and the like, I reckon the majority of them would be pulled from SEGA's DS releases with very few (if any) new inclusions, these being:
  1. Green Hill Zone - pulled from Tennis. I considered Seaside Hill for this one but I felt Green Hill was more iconic.
  2. Final Fortress - pulled from Racing, this time from the Dark Arsenal stage. I reckon some Badniks are working here, too.
  3. Shibuya Downtown - pulled from Tennis, though it's the classic variant. It's more iconic than the Racing tracks, admittedly.
  4. Jumble Jungle - pulled from the Treetops stage in Racing. Maybe characters like MeeMee are observing.
  5. Splash Garden - a NiGHTS stage, again pulled from Tennis. Nightopians like to hang around and observe. Maybe you could have some Puyos here too.
  6. Space Port 9 - pulled from Tennis, works as a solid location for Ulala's home I suppose. There's some dancing Morolians in the background.
  8. Dino Mountain - pulled from Racing, specifically the Lava Lair stage. I felt it'd be nice and different compared to the two Blizzard Castle tracks.
  9. Curien Mansion - pulled from Racing, specifically the Outer Forest stage. There's some zombies lurching around here.
  10. AM2 Wharf - pulled from Tennis, represents the Virtua Cop series. This was actually a whole mode back there so it seems like it'd be fun to pull.
As for music and remixes, they'd be pulled directly from DS titles (mostly Tennis and Racing, though.) Bear in mind this isn't too high-effort on SEGA's part, so don't expect an earth-shattering release.
this roster brings me immense pain so yeah mission accomplished

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Scary Fight! (a platform fighter of horror-themed or with horror elements video game franchises)

1. Nemesis (Resident Evil)
  2. Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
  3. Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
  4. Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  5. Alma Wade (F.E.A.R.)
  6. Ellie Williams (The Last of Us)
  7. Firebrand (Ghosts N' Goblins)
  8. Alucard (Castlevania)
  9. Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse)
  10. Chris Walker (Outlast)
  11. Simon Jarrett (SOMA)
  12. Springtrap (Five Nights At Freddy's)
  13. The Trapper (Dead By Daylight)

Pixar Smash Bros 64 (1999)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Geri
  8. Tin Toy
  9. Heimlich
  10. Hamm
  11. Andre and Wally B.
  12. Knick
Pixar Smash Bros Melee (2002)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Geri
  8. Tin Toy
  9. Heimlich
  10. Hamm
  11. Andre and Wally B.
  12. Knick
  13. Jessie
  14. Mr. Potato Head
  15. Dot
  16. Mira Nova
  17. Sulley
  18. Stinky Pete
  19. Emperor Zurg
  20. Mike Wazowski
  21. Francis
  22. Booster
  23. Red the Unicycle
  24. Randall
  25. Barbie
  26. Tex the Robot
Super Pixar Bros. Brawl (2008)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Geri
  8. Tin Toy
  9. Heimlich
  10. Hamm
  11. Knick
  12. Jessie
  13. Mira Nova
  14. Sulley
  15. Stinky Pete
  16. Emperor Zurg
  17. Mike Wazowski
  18. Francis
  19. Booster
  20. Red the Unicycle
  21. Randall
  22. Mr. Incredible
  23. Lightning McQueen
  24. Nemo
  25. Remy
  26. Jackalope
  27. Bass
  28. Stu
  29. Elastigirl
  30. Tow Mater
  31. Mr. Waternoose
  32. Dory
  33. Jack-Jack
  34. Totoro
  35. Darth Vader
Pixar Smash Bros. 4 (2014)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Tin Toy
  8. Hamm
  9. Jessie
  10. Mira Nova
  11. Sulley
  12. Stinky Pete
  13. Emperor Zurg
  14. Mike Wazowski
  15. Francis
  16. Randall
  17. Mr. Incredible
  18. Lightning McQueen
  19. Nemo
  20. Remy
  21. Jackalope
  22. Elastigirl
  23. Tow Mater
  24. Mr. Waternoose
  25. Dory
  26. Jack-Jack
  27. WALL-E
  28. Carl Fredricksen
  29. Lotso
  30. Merida
  31. Frozone
  32. Alec Azam
  33. Bambino
  34. EVE
  35. Finn McMissile
  36. Kermit the Frog
Pixar Smash Bros Quintet (2018)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Hamm
  8. Jessie
  9. Mira Nova
  10. Sulley
  11. Stinky Pete
  12. Emperor Zurg
  13. Mike Wazowski
  14. Randall
  15. Mr. Incredible
  16. Lightning McQueen
  17. Nemo
  18. Remy
  19. Elastigirl
  20. Tow Mater
  21. WALL-E
  22. Carl Fredricksen
  23. Lotso
  24. Merida
  25. Frozone
  26. Alec Azam
  27. Finn McMissile
  28. Joy
  29. Arlo
  30. Hank
  31. Cruz Ramirez
  32. Dusty Crophopper
  33. Miguel
  34. Screenslaver
  35. Sanjay
  36. Piper
  37. Lou
  38. Bao
Pixar Smash Bros. Fighters Pass (2020)
  1. Bo Peep
  2. Purl
  3. Ian Lightfoot
  4. Forky
  5. Syndrome
  6. Scrat
What do you guys think?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Pixar Smash Bros 64 (1999)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Geri
  8. Tin Toy
  9. Heimlich
  10. Hamm
  11. Andre and Wally B.
  12. Knick
Pixar Smash Bros Melee (2002)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Geri
  8. Tin Toy
  9. Heimlich
  10. Hamm
  11. Andre and Wally B.
  12. Knick
  13. Jessie
  14. Mr. Potato Head
  15. Dot
  16. Mira Nova
  17. Sulley
  18. Stinky Pete
  19. Emperor Zurg
  20. Mike Wazowski
  21. Francis
  22. Booster
  23. Red the Unicycle
  24. Randall
  25. Barbie
  26. Tex the Robot
Super Pixar Bros. Brawl (2008)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Geri
  8. Tin Toy
  9. Heimlich
  10. Hamm
  11. Knick
  12. Jessie
  13. Mira Nova
  14. Sulley
  15. Stinky Pete
  16. Emperor Zurg
  17. Mike Wazowski
  18. Francis
  19. Booster
  20. Red the Unicycle
  21. Randall
  22. Mr. Incredible
  23. Lightning McQueen
  24. Nemo
  25. Remy
  26. Jackalope
  27. Bass
  28. Stu
  29. Elastigirl
  30. Tow Mater
  31. Mr. Waternoose
  32. Dory
  33. Jack-Jack
  34. Totoro
  35. Darth Vader
Pixar Smash Bros. 4 (2014)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Tin Toy
  8. Hamm
  9. Jessie
  10. Mira Nova
  11. Sulley
  12. Stinky Pete
  13. Emperor Zurg
  14. Mike Wazowski
  15. Francis
  16. Randall
  17. Mr. Incredible
  18. Lightning McQueen
  19. Nemo
  20. Remy
  21. Jackalope
  22. Elastigirl
  23. Tow Mater
  24. Mr. Waternoose
  25. Dory
  26. Jack-Jack
  27. WALL-E
  28. Carl Fredricksen
  29. Lotso
  30. Merida
  31. Frozone
  32. Alec Azam
  33. Bambino
  34. EVE
  35. Finn McMissile
  36. Kermit the Frog
Pixar Smash Bros Quintet (2018)
  1. Buzz Lightyear
  2. Flik
  3. Luxo Jr.
  4. Sheriff Woody
  5. Rex
  6. Hopper
  7. Hamm
  8. Jessie
  9. Mira Nova
  10. Sulley
  11. Stinky Pete
  12. Emperor Zurg
  13. Mike Wazowski
  14. Randall
  15. Mr. Incredible
  16. Lightning McQueen
  17. Nemo
  18. Remy
  19. Elastigirl
  20. Tow Mater
  21. WALL-E
  22. Carl Fredricksen
  23. Lotso
  24. Merida
  25. Frozone
  26. Alec Azam
  27. Finn McMissile
  28. Joy
  29. Arlo
  30. Hank
  31. Cruz Ramirez
  32. Dusty Crophopper
  33. Miguel
  34. Screenslaver
  35. Sanjay
  36. Piper
  37. Lou
  38. Bao
Pixar Smash Bros. Fighters Pass (2020)
  1. Bo Peep
  2. Purl
  3. Ian Lightfoot
  4. Forky
  5. Syndrome
  6. Scrat
What do you guys think?
Hoping Shrek makes into the second pass

Hoping Shrek makes into the second pass
Actually, he nearly made it into the first one if Disney didn't own Blue Sky at that point. Heck, Scrat is the closest one of the guest fighters have been to open the floodgates beyond Pixar's involvement. Mr. Potato Head and Barbie had significant roles in the Toy Story franchise, Tex the Robot was animated by Pixar, some of the 2000s Ghibli dubs had Pixar employees working on the translations, The Graphics Group was once a Lucasfilm division before splitting off to become Pixar, hence Darth Vader, and the 2011 Muppets movie was fine tuned in the writing department.

Scrat, on the other hand, has the least connections to the Pixar brand since Darth Vader and Kermit.

Aw, what the heck? How about a second pass, anyway?

Pixar Smash Bros. Fighters Pass #2 (2022)
  1. Joe Gardner
  2. Luca
  3. Mei Lee
  4. Sox
  5. Newt
  6. Shrek
The first four fighters cover the most recent Pixar films as of 2022, Newt can represent both Pixar and Blue Sky due to its interesting history, and Shrek finally breaks the last boundary of who can get into this game. Much like Sora, actually.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Ok here is the Marvel version of Smash
Marvel: Infinity Smash 1 (1999)
1.Spider-Man
2.Hulk
3.Wolverine
4.Storm
5.Captain America
6.Iron-Man
7.Mr.Fantastic
8.Invisable Woman
9.Venom
10.Blade
11.She-Hulk
12.Howard the Duck

Marvel: Infinity Smash Melee (2001)
Newcomers
1.Black Cat
2.Green Goblin
3.Thing
4.Scarlet Witch
5.Beast
6.Jean Grey
7.Black Panther
8.Thor
9.Human Torch
10.Magneto
11.Dr.Doom
12.Gamora
13.Namor

Marvel: Infinity Smash Brawl (2008)
Newcomers
1.Wasp
2.Rocket Raccoon
3.Black Widow
4.Deadpool
5.Godzilla
6.Hawkeye
7.Devil Dinosaur
8.Cyclops
9.Shadowcat
10.Batman
11.Dr.Octopus
12.Antman
13.Mystique
14.Super Skrull
15.Nova
16.Loki

Marvel: Infinity Smash 4 (2014)
Newcomers
1.Captain Marvel
2.Superman
3.Enchantress
4.Nebula
5.Daredevil
6.Abomination
7.Miles Morales
8.Groot
9.Luke Cage
10.Vision
11.Lady Sif
12.Wonder Woman
13.Ms.Marvel
14.Dr.Strange
15.Star-Lord
16.Juggernaut
17.Zabu
DLC
1.Quicksilver
2.Moon Knight
3.Falcon
4.Amingo
5.Darth Vader
6.Ghost-Spider
7.Raven

Marvel: Inifinity Smash Ultimate (2018)
Newcomers
1.Quasar
2.Moon Girl
3.Thanos
4.Optimus Prime
5.Megatron
6.War Machine
7.Hazmat
8.Drax
9.Reptil
10.Jill Valentine
11.Bucky
DLC
1.J Jonah Jameson
Marvel Pass 1
1.Akuma
2.Luke Skywalker
3.Ultron
4.Tenth Doctor
5.Conan the Barbarian
6.Okoye
Marvel Pass 2
1.Shang Chi
2.Ren and Stimpy
3.Joker
4.Psylock
5.Scooby and Shaggy
6.Master Chief

Some of the characters (Godzilla, Ren and Stimpy, Scooby and Shaggy and Master Chief) have been featured in Marvel comics (the former 3 encountered Marvel characters before)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's kinda scary how realistic this image is. I straight up had to have played this when I was 9 there's no other way it's this viscerally real

The reason for the majority of cuts in this case pretty much boils down to one of two: either the character wasn't quite interesting or important enough to warrant inclusion compared to another candidate (Tails, Amy, the Bonanza Bros and the various clone characters fit in here), or that their moveset would have been pretty complicated to actually make in such a short time and their unique nature would make them more time-consuming to include (such as with Chuih and Opa-Opa, two characters I really would love to see here but couldn't reasonably justify due to their unique skeletons and attacks.)

If I were to have allowed clones, I'd have added Amy (who'd be a semi-clone of Sonic, albeit slower and with the Piko-Piko Hammer filling some of her attacks, mostly with animations stolen from Phantasy Star Zero), Gum (who would be a clone of Beat with a very similar moveset, albeit faster, lighter, and slightly weaker), Pudding (who'd have again a very similar moveset to Ulala though this time around she'd be heavier and deal more damage), Reala (who'd essentially be the Akuma to NiGHTS's Ryu, dealing very high damage but having abysmal defence because of it) and MeeMee (who would be similar to Gum in that she's a faster but weaker AiAi.) That said, I don't think people would be particularly interested in a quarter of the roster being direct clones of each other, so... yeah.

Last edited:
Sony Pictures Animation SLAMFEST
BoogElliotShawMcSquizzyReillyMr. WeenieAlistairCody MaverickChicken JoeBig Z
Flint LockwoodSam SparksSteveBrentOfficer EarlChester VBarryBarbSmurfetteGargamel
DracMavisJohnnyFrankensteinWayneDennisVladVan HelsingErickaTinkles
Arthur ClausPirate CaptainSlappyGene MehJailbreakBoaz (The Star)Peter RabbitMiles MoralesSpider-GwenPeter B. Parker
Spider-HamPeni ParkerSpider-Man 2099The SpotProwlerSpider-Man NoirLiv OctaviusJess DrewSpider-PunkJefferson Davis
Katie MitchellRick MitchellLinda MitchellAaron MitchellDeborahbot 5000Long (Wish Dragon)VivoRedChuckKing Mudbeard
DJ WaltersFrank (Sausage Party)Lyle CrocodileMeeper (The ChubbChubbs)Zuri (Hair Love)Agent ElvisClaire (The Summoning)Tabitha StephensJeannieLaurie Partridge
Peter VenkmanSlimerAllo (Dinosaucers)Daniel LaRussoJay ShermanHypermanCyber Lucy (Wheel 2000)Gassie (Evolution:TAS)Robot ChickenSnook (It's a Big Big World)
Titanium Rex (SuperMansion)Elle (Blade Runner: Black Lotus)HomelanderAlan ParrishG.e.e.K.e.R.Agent KOgden Ostrich (Umptee-3)GodzillaDilbertJohnny Rico (Roughnecks)
Ord (Dragon Tales)Zak and WheezieRusty (Big Guy & Rusty)Max SteelJackie ChanJade ChanHarold (Harold and the Purple Crayon)Stuart LittleHuey FreemanUncle Ruckus
Al BundyNeedham (Stunt Dawgs)Bones Justice (Mutant League)Dan DareCaptain Barnacles (Octonauts)HildaFrida (Hilda)Alfur Aldric (Hilda)Chico Bon BonFauntleroy Fox (The Fox and the Crow)
Scrappy (Screen Gems)Odette (The Swan Princess)Astro BoyKenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)Cyborg 009Saya Otonashi (Blood+)Rosemary (High Guardian Spice)Izel (Onyx Equinox)Son GokuVegeta
FriezaKrillinYamchaPiccoloIchigo (Bleach)BocchiRyo SaebaTanjiro (Demon Slayer)Inosuke (Demon Slayer)Edward Elric
Winry RockbellFather (FMA)Simon (Gurren Lagann)Ryuko MatoiNarutoSasuke (Naruto)Boruto (Naruto Next Gen)Emma (Promised Neverland)Kirito (SAO)Anya Forger
Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)Monkey D. LuffyRoronoa ZoroNamiSanjiTony Tony ChopperMob (Mob Psycho 100)Soma Yukihira (Food Wars!)Shiraori (So I'm a Spider, So What?)Fena Houtman (Fena: Pirate Princess)
DekuAll MightBakugoShoto TodorokiOchacoTenya IdaTsuyu AsuiMinetaMomo (MHA)Mina Ashido
Senku (Dr. Stone)Taiju Oki (Dr. Stone)Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist)Kei / Yuri (Dirty Pair)Justy Ueki TylorUtena TenjouSapphire (Princess Knight)KimbaTama (Tama and Friends)Q*Bert
Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)PaRappaSly CooperKratosSweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)Nathan Drake (Uncharted)Ellie (The Last of Us)Spike (Ape Escape)Astro (Astro's Playroom)Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
Aloy (Horizon)Kat (Gravity Rush)Dart (The Legend of Dragoon)KnackSir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)Guardian (Destiny)SnoopyCharlie BrownLucy Van PeltSolaire of Astoria
Tarnished (Elden Ring)Elena Ramirez (Secret Millionaires Club)Rosie Redd (Rainbow Rangers)Arnold Armstrong (Superhero Kindergarten)Bob (ReBoot)Gary Supernova (Escape from Planet Earth)Scary GodmotherCatbug (Bravest Warriors)PuppyCat (Bee and PuppyCat)RANDOM
Do I expect a 200 character roster? Never.
Do I expect a Sony Animation crossover fighter, after the disaster that was PlayStation All-Stars? Not really.
Are all these characters connected to Sony in some way? It may not look that way, but yes.
Are there more I could have added? Of course.
Does this cover all of Sony's animation catalog? Unless you count their minority stakes in Madhouse, Toei, Kadokawa, or Epic Games, then I think it does.
Would I want a roster this spacious? YES.
Do I know where to start with my main? NO.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Looking for some time to kill? Head over to my PxZ revised mini-creation thread!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Looking for some time to kill? Head over to my PxZ revised mini-creation thread!
Hi! I'm terribly sorry to bother you (and even more so if this comes across as rude), but please don't just post creation thread ads here without something alongside them. I don't mind the presence of them too much if you were to give the post a bit of substance (ideally with a potential roster to get people's creative juices flowing or something of the sort!) but I feel like it might start to spoil the thread a little if it starts to fill up with just thread ads. You don't have to delete it or anything, just a heads up! :cheersleo:

As a side note, Venus has this thread specifically for the promotion of creation threads if that's more your speed, which can be a great little resource if you need it. Hope this is helpful!

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
An idea I visited a while back was some sort of take on an Microsoft-made crossover fighter that deviated from the traditional Xbox-centric format in order to represent Microsoft in a more rounded sense, giving an opportunity to also pull in other companies they've worked with in the past, plus a few PC-centric picks to create a wider audience. That being said, I think it'd still be interesting to visit a more traditional Xbox-centric roster this time around.

I'll note here that there's no set-in-stone "rules" about who is and isn't included. That being said, I didn't want to overly focus on certain franchises that have a lot of character potential, so I didn't let myself add more than two characters from the same series unless it was really warranted (which, as it turns out, it really wasn't.) Let's take a look at what we're working with!

There are, admittedly, a few series missing here - but I'd argue in a lot of cases that some other form of representation would work best for them. Arguably the poster child of this sort of treatment is Forza, but also series such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, or other "weird but cool" picks like Chip's Challenge or Jetpac. Needless to say, a lot of these series could be better-represented elsewhere. Let's get into it!

Base Roster:
  • Master Chief is the obvious candidate for the face of this game, though I did run into a couple of interesting considerations when trying to rationalise how to make him look. I feel like a brighter appearance similar to either his Fortnite look or the box art for the original Halo: Combat Evolved would work wonders to make him pop, especially compared to later characters with a predominantly dark colour palette. In terms of moveset, I'd say he'd function a little like Snake in Smash Bros. in that he predominantly uses long-range weapons, though some of them are used up close. As for the Energy Weapon... I'll get to that.
  • Ori might seem like an odd choice for the "second face" of this game, but I think it'd be a good call. Alongside his visual and design differences from Master Chief, his inclusion in Rivals of Aether gives us a decent indication of how this little guy could work in a fighting game. It helps, too, that the Ori series has continually been lauded for its excellent gameplay and visuals, making it a popular and (at this point) recognisable series to headline this game with.
  • Cuphead, similarly, is originally from an indie platformer - and I considered (at least for a while) that the genre overlap between these two might make them step on each other's toes. That being said, I think they'd differentiate themselves from each other enough to warrant their inclusions. I'd say Cuphead would be a simpler take on the zoner archetype partially represented in Master Chief's zoner/trapper playstyle, a little like Samus's role within Smash Bros.
  • Razputin feels like a similarly solid pick in this case. The Psychonauts series has continually been a popular one with a strong cult following, even if it's not one of the biggest sellers on the planet. It also helps that Raz effectively represents Double Fine's output in a nice, concise package - all whilst having the potential to be a pretty unique character mechanically due to his various psychic abilities and whatnot.
  • Dovahkiin felt like a bit of a difficult inclusion for a short while, mostly because I didn't want to overload representation for acquired companies (and he, in the process of making the roster, bumped Bethesda's representation from two characters to three) but I eventually relented, reasoning that the Elder Scrolls series is an iconic one to represent and that, despite the sixth game in the mainline series being on its way, Skyrim is still an important game to represent here. Given we have a couple of sword users on the roster, I'd say Dovahkiin should lean into the barbarianesque aspects of his design, having heavy and powerful attacks that really have a bit of oomph behind them.
  • Doom Slayer was, on the other hand, practically a lock in my mind. I'd like to mention here that I did momentarily consider his classic look, but his modern look being the default works better in my opinion (maybe with his old-school appearance being an additional costume.) Whereas, at first glance, the visual similarities between him and Master Chief might suggest similar gameplay - Doom Slayer is intended to represent the fast-paced, brutal nature of his series by having a focus on punishing and pummelling opponents from mid-to-close range, with powerful tools like his shotgun, chainsaw, and the infamous BFG. Yes, having both of our Bethesda characters on the main roster might be a bit much, but I think it works.
  • Kait Diaz was actually a surprisingly difficult choice to make, because I originally had Marcus Fenix penned into her role. That being said, given she seems to be the character Microsoft are pushing as the future icon of the Gears of War franchise, and that she has plenty of unique potential that Marcus might not bring, she felt like a solid inclusion as a lighter zoner overall.
  • Xbox Live Avatar might seem like a bit of a weird inclusion at first, kind of filling the role of the Mii Fighters in Smash Bros., but I'd personally suggest that the Avatar would have only one moveset - based on the Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures series. Given how important the Kinect is in Xbox's history (even if it's not particularly very good), it felt like a good place to represent it somewhere or other - and this character, being effectively a blank slate, is a good place to do so with. Of course, you'll be able to cosmetically customise them too, though.
  • Sparrow is our first rep for the Fable series, a particularly important first-party offering from the earlier Xbox years. Whilst I considered Fable's Hero of Oakvale for this role, Sparrow - being a named protagonist and from the critically lauded sequel - felt like a natural pull (and besides, I'll represent the original game somewhere else.) His moveset is, as you'd expect, a combination of his magically-inclined abilities and his sword-based attacks, making him essentially an RNG-free take on Hero in Smash Bros.
  • Rathbone, the Gold Hoarder felt like a solid representative for Rare's output on the Xbox. Whilst Sea of Thieves has a wide variety of characters to choose from, the majority of people tend to suggest a blank-slate customisable pirate similarly to the player character. However, I felt that a named character from the game would be a lot more fun - especially if they were somehow unique. Rathbone has that in spades - he's a prominent character within the game's world, being the leader of one of the five main trading organisations, and was one of the first characters shown off before launch - plus, his moveset could use Gold Hoarder-type weapons. Also, he's a skeleton obsessed with gold. That's just... cool.
  • Ryu Hayabusa is the only third-party rep on the base roster, but he felt like a solid pick given the importance of the Ninja Gaiden reboot series within Xbox's early lineup. I actually had a few potential characters in this role - a Dead or Alive character, or Shenmue's Ryo Hazuki came close - but Ryu felt like a solid character due to his legacy, moveset potential, and continued relevance. Also, he's a ninja - which is undeniably pretty cool, right?
  • Steve? felt like another lock-in character to include here, though I'd personally opt to stray from his interpretation in Smash Bros. quite significantly. Firstly, his design is based on his look in promotional material and box art, so as to make him fit just a little better with the rest of the cast. This also extends to his animations, which do maintain their blocky nature, but aren't as stilted as they are within the source material. Furthermore, Steve's moveset would primarily focus on offensive tools within the original game as opposed to various different mechanics like Redstone - mostly just to make him a little more focused. Even so, he'd have plenty of moveset potential - I'd personally imagine him using things like a Riptide trident, various tools and weapons, fishing rods, elytra, and so forth would make him a great representative of Minecraft's combat.
Unlockable Characters
  • Arbiter is our second character from the Halo series, and is admittedly a pretty obvious inclusion. Aside from Master Chief, Arbiters have been one of the only other playable characters in the mainline games, and giving Arbiter stuff like the Energy Weapon would allow us to round out our representation. It also doesn't hurt that he was playable in 2013's Killer Instinct as a crossover character.
  • Queen Pyrrha was picked over General RAAM mostly because of the latter's middling reception and also because of her very unique moveset potential. Being the Queen of the Locust Horde, I can imagine her moveset leaning into that bug-like inspiration as well as giving her elements of a summoner in that she might be able to bring forth minions as trapping tools.
  • Tyrant is our second rep from the DOOM series, and it's mostly for the fans. Being one of DOOM's most iconic reoccurring villains (though nowadays known as the Cyberdemon), Tyrant would be in a great position to be a heavyweight brawler with one or two slow-moving projectiles so as to pressure opponents. We might need to tone down his exposed bones a little, but keeping his monstrous appearance would work wonders here.
  • Piglin is another vaguely porcine-looking antagonist I'm including, though this time for a different reason. Whilst I considered a wide variety of characters or entities for a second Minecraft character (including Alex, a Creeper, an Enderman, a Villager, any of the Illagers, an Iron Golem, a Blaze, or many others), I felt Piglin was in a good place to represent a few things - the Nether, "modern" Minecraft, and a hostile mob. They'd obviously fight with golden tools, and I can also imagine they might bring in a Hoglin for one or two more powerful strikes.
  • Arkantos is the protagonist of the Age of Mythology series, a spinoff to the Age of Empires series. Whilst Age of Empires was a series I really wanted to represent somehow or another, its characters are almost all historical figures - and as fun as it would be to include Julius Caesar or Attilia the Hun in a game like this, I feel like it might be better to avoid controversy and tap into creativity by going with Arkantos. Arkantos's whole deal is that he's a reoccuring character within different mythological eras, so I think it'd be good to represent this by him having access to various mythological relics and weapons such as Mjolnir, Hermes' boots, or the thunderbolts of Zeus.
  • Phantom Dust's Protagonist is probably the most "literally who?" pick here, but I think they'd be a good pick. Phantom Dust was a first-party release in 2004 for the original Xbox which centres on a post-apocalyptic world ravaged by a supernatural substance named Dust (this isn't RWBY, shut up), wherein certain people can control Dust for combat purposes. The Protagonist is the character you play as in the game, and has access to a massive variety of attacks that seem fairly magical in nature - lending well to a zoning-based mage archetype. I admittedly had a few characters penned for the "weird Xbox rep" - most prominently Blinx - but the Protagonist feels like a really interesting and unique pull that'd be quite well-liked by fans and newcomers alike.
  • Jack of Blades is the central antagonist from the original Fable, picked here partially because of his status as a fan-favourite character, his interesting and appealing design, and to represent the original game in an unexpected way. The fact that he's such a skilled antagonist that his strengths are literally "Most Everything" says a lot - and his mask also means you could have a lot of fun with his enigmatic nature.
  • Rash is our second Rare rep, and I'd say arguably Rare's "icon". Whilst I considered Fulgore in this role, I felt that Rash - representing Rare's earlier output and the company as a whole - is a good shout. If you're wondering why I'm not suggesting Banjo & Kazooie, stop and consider for a moment what Banjo & Kazooie are best-known for in terms of their Xbox output. Yeah. Nuts & Bolts. Probably best not to remind everyone. Rash's moveset could easily take from the entire Battletoads series, plus his appearance in Killer Instinct (2013) as a crossover character alongside the aforementioned General RAAM and an unnamed Arbiter.
  • Frank West is our second and final third-party character, from the Capcom series Dead Rising - an immensely popular series for the Xbox 360. I think this freelance photographer might be a bit of an unexpected third-party character at first compared to arguably more iconic or well-connected offerings - or even entire companies - but he'd be an out-of-the-ordinary but still fun inclusion that I reckon a lot of people would enjoy. It also doesn't hurt that he's been in a fighting game before now too - well, a few, in the form of the Marvel vs. Capcom series. Also, I think it'd be cool if at least one of his costumes was one of the cosplay outfits you can get in his home series. His Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Protoman look springs to mind as something fun.
  • Clippit is our final character, and... okay, I need to come clean on this one. I feel like Clippit is in a similar position in terms of Microsoft-based crossover speculation that Segata Sanshiro is in SEGA, because he's placed on this pedestal as being a weird but cool "unexpected" pick when, in actuality, so many people include and suggest them that they're not exactly unexpected at this point. That being said, Clippit is in the position of being able to represent Windows, which I do think would be pretty fun to see here - and I don't think he'd work well as DLC when you have other incredibly popular candidates that he'd be going up against. He seems fun, even if a little overdone, and I reckon he's at least earned his place here.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I made a COGH roster with 200 characters
  1. Space Invader
  2. Avatar (Ultima)
  3. Pac-Man
  4. Ms. Pac-Man
  5. Dig Dug
  6. Mappy
  7. Centipede
  8. Adventurer
  9. Yar
  10. Q*bert
  11. Mr. Do!
  12. Jetpac
  13. Miner Willy
  14. Frogger
  15. Mario
  16. Luigi
  17. Donkey Kong
  18. Bowser
  19. Peach
  20. Wario
  21. L-Tetromino
  22. O-Tetromino
  23. Bomberman
  24. BJ Blazkowicz
  25. Dirk the Daring
  26. Erdrick
  27. Slime
  28. Duck Hunt Dog
  29. Kharnov
  30. Gradius Ship
  31. Ryu Hayabusa
  32. Neff
  33. Arle
  34. Sir Arthur
  35. Adol Christin
  36. Simon
  37. Richter
  38. Alucard
  39. Snake
  40. Liquid Snake
  41. Raiden
  42. Bill Rizer
  43. Mega Man
  44. Dr. Wily
  45. Zero
  46. Tron Bonne
  47. Link
  48. Zelda
  49. Ganon
  50. Samus
  51. Athena Asamiya
  52. Cloud
  53. Sephiroth
  54. Yuna
  55. Black Mage
  56. Kunio-Kun
  57. River City Girls
  58. Ryu
  59. Ken
  60. Chun-Li
  61. M. Bison
  62. Dudley
  63. Alis (Phantasy Star)
  64. Mike Haggar
  65. Goemon
  66. The Prince (Prince of Persia)
  67. Marth
  68. Captain Falcon
  69. Commander Keen
  70. Raidou Kuzunoha
  71. Joker
  72. Kirby
  73. Duke Nukem
  74. Sonic
  75. Dr. Eggman
  76. Tails
  77. Amy
  78. Knuckles
  79. Axel Stone
  80. Earthworm Jim
  81. Guybrush Threepwood
  82. Football Manager
  83. Scorpion
  84. Sub-Zero
  85. Liu Kang
  86. Bubsy
  87. Terry Bogard
  88. Iori Yagami
  89. Battletoads
  90. Kane (Command & Conquer)
  91. Hornet (Daytona USA)
  92. Doomslayer
  93. Mr Gimmick
  94. Akira Yuki
  95. Jacky Bryant
  96. Power-Pro Kun
  97. Shiori Fujisaki
  98. Ness
  99. Heihachi
  100. King
  101. Nightmare
  102. Tira
  103. Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
  104. Frog (Chrono Trigger)
  105. Croc
  106. Gex
  107. Arthas
  108. Fei
  109. KOSMOS
  110. Shulk
  111. Spike (Ape Escape)
  112. PaRappa
  113. Crash Bandicoot
  114. Neo Cortex
  115. Lara Croft
  116. JC Denton
  117. Kerrigan
  118. Dovahkiin
  119. Rayman
  120. Vault Boy
  121. Lloyd Irving
  122. Jill Valentine
  123. Leon Kennedy
  124. Nemesis
  125. Pikachu
  126. Greninja
  127. Spyro
  128. Klonoa
  129. Clippy
  130. Sol Badguy
  131. Bridget
  132. CJ
  133. Banjo & Kazooie
  134. Gordon Freeman
  135. Heavy
  136. Kung Fu Man
  137. Beat
  138. Ulala
  139. Ryo Hazuki
  140. Amingo
  141. Pharaoh (Total War)
  142. Dante
  143. Vergil
  144. Phoenix Wright
  145. Villager
  146. Master Chief
  147. Cortana
  148. Arbiter
  149. 2B
  150. Jak & Daxter
  151. Ratchet & Clank
  152. Monster Hunter
  153. Vaas Montenegro
  154. Saber
  155. Captain Price
  156. Sora
  157. Razputin
  158. Axel Steel
  159. Hitman
  160. Wanderer (Shadow of the Colossus)
  161. Kazuma Kiryu
  162. Prince of all Cosmos
  163. Kratos
  164. Zeus
  165. Atreus
  166. Amaterasu
  167. Matt (Wii Sports)
  168. Marcus Fenix
  169. Frank West
  170. Chell
  171. Commander Shepherd
  172. Ahri
  173. Jinx
  174. Big Daddy
  175. Claptrap
  176. Ezio Auditore
  177. Steve
  178. Creeper
  179. Fireboy/Watergirl
  180. Red
  181. Meat Boy
  182. Jacket
  183. Juan Aguacate
  184. John Marston
  185. Nathan Drake
  186. Chloe Frazer
  187. Ellie Williams
  188. Shovel Knight
  189. Freddy Fazbear
  190. Frisk
  191. Sans
  192. Jonesy
  193. Madeline
  194. Impostor (Among Us)
  195. Hornet (Hollow Knight
  196. The Trapper (Dead By Daylight)
  197. Sekiro
  198. Venti
  199. Tarnished (Elden Ring)
  200. Peppino

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I've actually kind of been avoiding tackling this sort of roster for some time, but I think it's finally time for me to give a hypothetical sequel to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale a shot. However, I wanted to have a few things in consideration when making it, so as to (slightly) emulate a couple of the restrictions of the original. For the most part, I gave myself a few specifics to consider.
  • The roster should consist of 24 total characters - the total number of characters, including DLC, in the original game - prior to DLC.
  • There should be no more than six third-party characters - and there should only be one per company so as not to show favouritism.
  • Likewise, the soft rule of "one character per series" stands from the original. Other forms of representation can work in some cases, though.
  • All characters should reflect their look in recent material, unless an alternative look is iconic enough to warrant inclusion over that.
  • Cross-promotion is an important aspect of the roster, but it should also represent various eras of PlayStation's history.
  • Whilst representation shouldn't be the sole arbiter of inclusions, it'd be nice to have a decent spread of genders and races if possible.
  • All characters should be realistically attainable, with potential within a fighting game, and with minimal issues.
With all that out of the way, let's get into it.

In terms of Returning Characters, we can reasonably argue that 12.5 of the roster are. (You'll get my reasoning in a minute.) Whilst there were admittedly a lot of issues with the original game's roster, it's undeniable that a large amount of the picks were actually pretty good. That being said, a lot of cuts and changes were also made. Let's first look at who's coming back, though.
  • Kratos, from the God of War series, is our first returning inclusion - for obvious reasons. His default design would be, of course, his Norse appearance - and his moveset will reflect this. Whilst he'd have a classic look as an alternate costume, we unfortunately wouldn't be including a "Classic Kratos" on the roster, because it'd take away development time for other potential inclusions.
  • PaRappa, from the PaRappa the Rapper series, is a second returning character and an obvious rep for the PS1 era. Given he was actually handled pretty well in the original game, it only makes sense for him to return. Admittedly, I did momentarily consider adding Lammy in his place, but felt that PaRappa himself was far too iconic to get rid of.
  • Sweet Tooth, from the Twisted Metal series, is in a particularly good spot as of writing. With a Netflix series on its way, it makes sense to include him both as a rep for a beloved PlayStation series and as cross-promotion for that. That being said, his design would be a fusion of his classic and series look, mostly because it'd strike a decent balance between the two.
  • Sly Cooper, from the Sly Cooper series, is in a bit of an interesting spot at the moment. Whilst the Sly Cooper series hasn't actually seen any games since 2013 as of writing, the character is still an iconic representative for the PS2 era, and is still beloved enough to (apparently) have a series in the works. I wouldn't say he's an outright olive branch to fans, but he's an iconic inclusion even in spite of his series' inactivity.
  • Nathan Drake, from the Uncharted series, was a bit of a difficult character to conceptualise in the current climate - namely because there was a non-zero chance that he'd have been in his Tom Holland look, but I felt the licensing would have costed too much. Uncharted is also a great PS3/PS4 series to pull into here, and whilst it's technically been over since 2017, the relatively recent Legacy of Thieves collection helps a lot in this case.
  • Ratchet & Clank, from the Ratchet & Clank series, are also fairly obvious inclusions - though, of course, their designs are going to match their look in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. An iconic duo that have been faces of the PlayStation brand fairly consistently since the PS2 era, it only makes sense for the Lombax mechanic and the defective robot to make it into a game like this.
  • Jak & Daxter, from the Jak series, might not necessarily be as outright iconic as the other notable duo on the list - or have had a game release as recently - but their reception in the original game as well as fan support around the series is more than enough to warrant their inclusion, not to mention the fact that they're also icons of the PS2 lineup.
  • Sackboy, from the LittleBigPlanet series, is another obvious inclusion given his role as essentially PlayStation's mascot from the PS3 era onward. That said, I've been giving a little bit of thought to it, and I think his moveset this time around would be moreso based on his appearance in Sackboy: A Big Adventure so as to make him more "recent."
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque, from the MediEvil series, is actually in a surprisingly good spot this time around. A surprising but beloved inclusion into the original game's roster, his case here is also helped by the MediEvil remake in 2019 - plus the fact that he's honestly just a lot of fun.
  • Spike, from the Ape Escape series, is another character included somewhat as an olive branch toward the fans as opposed to promoting something. Whilst the last game in the series released in 2010, it's a series beloved by fans and one that's had a lot of shoutouts over the years - so his inclusion honestly makes sense in recognition of the Ape Escape series' presence as a great part of the PS1 lineup.
  • Toro, originally from Doko Demo Issho, was another obvious inclusion. Essentially being the Japanese mascot of the PlayStation brand (especially the PlayStation Network), his inclusion in the original game was just as logical as it is here - plus, it's a great recognition of characters more popular in Japan. And hey, this isn't even the only fighting game series he's been in.
  • Kat, from the Gravity Rush series, was a really well-recieved DLC character in the original game from the remaining players, and the Gravity Rush series - whilst not having had a game since 2017 - is a fan-favourite amongst the PlayStation brand's lineup. Honestly, she was a great DLC pick in the original, so being a base-roster pick here is pretty cool too.
  • Dante, from the Devil May Cry series, is obviously in a more traditional design - that being his Devil May Cry 5 appearance. That being said, I did actually consider replacing him with Nero, but I felt he'd be a necessary inclusion so as to almost apologise for the original. The Devil May Cry series was an icon of the PS2 lineup and has maintained constant popularity - though I'll admit a lot of other Capcom characters came close, such as someone from the Monster Hunter or Street Fighter series.
Overall, a decent spread of newcomers. As for the characters that were cut - a lot of them boiled down to one of three reasons. With cases like Fat Princess or Evil Cole McGrath, they were fairly disliked characters in the original and didn't make much sense to bring back when we want a positive fan reception. Alternatively, characters like Colonel Radec and Nariko - whilst interesting in their own right - didn't make much sense to bring back due to their relative obscurity and lack of fan support in the modern climate. Other picks, like Big Daddy, Raiden, or Isaac Clarke, aren't particularly associated with the PlayStation brand specifically - though I have an idea for Raiden that I'll get to later. Oh, and Cole McGrath and Heihachi have specific replacements in mind.

Now then, let's take a look at our Newcomers.
  • Abigail "Fetch" Walker, from the InFamous series, is our replacement for Cole McGrath for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Cole - whilst being the main icon of the series and a prominent character - kinda already had his time in the sun, and a fresh face in the form of Fetch seems like it'd be a lot of fun. That aside, there's also two other points - promotion and representation. It doesn't hurt that Fetch's neon-based abilities have plenty of potential to be a really interesting moveset in themselves.
  • The Slayer of Demons, from Demon's Souls, was actually picked in place of the Hunter from Bloodborne mostly due to the Demon's Souls remake being a launch title for the PS5 and being so highly rated. It also doesn't hurt that he'd have plenty of moveset potential as a slow but surprisingly powerful character, even if he sort of steps on Sir Daniel's toes as another knight... but that being said, he would be a good rival for him, hmm?
  • Aloy, from the Horizon Zero Dawn series, was an obvious inclusion as a newcomer all things considered. Having already crossed over with Fortnite, Genshin Impact and LEGO, the series has been a massive part of the more modern lineup of the PlayStation brand - and Aloy herself has plenty of potential in terms of a moveset.
  • Jin Sakai, from Ghost of Tsushima, was a character I initially deliberated a little on including due to a relatively large number of swordfighters in the roster - but I felt his take on it would be a lot of fun. A great rep for the late PS4 era, Jin's also got plenty of moveset potential as a samurai. I'll admit I originally penned Wander from Shadow of the Colossus in this role, but I think he'd be a great character for DLC.
  • Hatapon, from the Patapon series, was a character I felt would be unusual and unexpected, but well-recieved. A representative for the PSP era specifically, Hatapon's whole deal is that he leads the Patapon army - and he'd have that property here too, using other Patapon to attack on his behalf for the most part. Given that a Patapon was, for at least a while, planned for the original game, this felt like a lot of fun as an inclusion.
  • Dart Feld, from the Legend of Dragoon series, is if nothing else almost completely an olive branch to the fans of the original PlayStation All-Stars. The massive outpouring of support to have Dart released due to his half-finished state was an internet sensation for a short time, and whilst originally unsuccessful, I think it'd be great to include him this time around. He's also got plenty of unique moveset potential, though people far more well-versed in the series than me have said much more about that than I ever could.
  • Vibri, from the Vib-Ribbon series, is effectively our wildcard of the roster - the Fat Princess of this game, though with the intention of being, well... actually well-recieved. Vib-Ribbon has retroactively recieved a lot of praise and recognition as of recently, and whilst I think that Vibri would be a "literally who?" pick for a lot of people, she'd be an interesting deep cut that PlayStation fans would appreciate. Oh, and given she's also from a rhythm game, her being PaRappa's rival just writes itself.
  • Alucard, from the Castlevania series, was actually a really difficult character to rationalise. On the one hand, we have Raiden on the original roster - a character who was viewed with confusion originally, but has become particularly popular over time, despite his game's lack of connection to the PlayStation brand. On the other hand, the inclusion of another Metal Gear character is unlikely given the ugly divorce of Hideo Kojima and Konami, and it's known that Snake's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was a difficult one to leverage. I considered having Raiden's appearance and moveset based on Metal Gear Solid 2: The Twin Snakes, but for the same reason, I couldn't really justify it. That being said, the Castlevania series seems like it might be easier to leverage - and given the importance of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, either Alucard or Richter felt like pretty obvious inclusions. Alucard was my final choice with all that in mind, given his iconic nature, plentiful moveset potential, and so forth.
  • Crash Bandicoot, from the Crash Bandicoot series, was another character that I felt would be in a bit of a strange position with. Activision-Blizzard aren't in the best of situations at the moment, and the "one character per company" rule kind of meant it was him or Spyro... or someone else entirely. That being said, the outcry for Crash to be in the original game despite the difficulty in actually getting him in meant he was an obvious inclusion into this one, with Spyro as a DLC option. I'll admit, though - I did come really close to including Spyro over him.
  • Jin Kazama, from the Tekken series, was picked over Heihachi for a couple of reasons. Firstly, whilst Heihachi is seen as one of the most iconic characters in the series, Jin has arguably been the protagonist of the series ever since Tekken 3 - one of the most popular PS1 games out there. I'd also like to note that his default design mirrors that of Tekken 8, with his classic look being an alternative costume. I'll admit, though - I did momentarily consider Yoshimitsu, and I'll admit it doesn't help that we now have two Jins in the roster. Oh well!
  • Lara Croft, from the Tomb Raider series, is our final DLC character and might seem like an obvious, but slightly odd, inclusion. Firstly, her classic design is her main one - given it's been used in Tomb Raider Reloaded and works as a promotional tool. (Her reboot look would work well as an additional costume.) She was also picked because, being now outside of Square-Enix's grasp, she's a bit easier to put in crossovers - her appearance in Fortnite is an indication of exactly this. Being an iconic character in her own right and a natural rival to Nathan Drake, this all just made too much sense.
I think this selection of newcomers does a good job at working alongside the classic picks to give plenty of flavour, a mix of promotional and classic picks, and plenty of variety overall. That said, I'll admit a lot of characters were considered, and in a lot of cases, there's good reasons why they're not here. A lot of them would make good DLC picks like the one's I've mentioned so far (Wander and Spyro), other ones might be solid inclusions from an already-represented company, and other ones still might just not really feel... good. A good example of this is Astro, who - whilst being a pretty decent character from a newer PlayStation series - just doesn't quite feel right in a playable role, though another role such as a Minion would work wonders for him. I also didn't want too many iconic first-party characters to be in the base roster, allowing for plenty of DLC picks to be exciting and maintain interest long-term.

In terms of third-party picks, well... a lot of them boiled down to an alternative being more interesting. A character from the Persona series was considered, for instance - Joker, Aigis and Yu being my main candidates - but I felt they'd work great as a DLC pick and that the five included third-party characters were better picks. Bomberman was almost included as the Konami rep with Alucard as DLC, but Alucard's nature as such an iconic character felt like he'd be great. Square-Enix is a company that I reckon would make a lot of sense here and spring out as an obvious omission, but I felt that they would be a little too difficult to work with (though I think Tifa would be a solid DLC candidate as cross-promotion for the Final Fantasy 7 Remake series.) Lastly, I did consider a candidate from the Like a Dragon series - with Majima actually being the pick I penned in due to his popularity and the fact that he's actually allowed to hit women (god that sounds bad) - but I felt he'd be an awesome DLC candidate too. Obviously me pointing out most of these as solid DLC candidates doesn't mean they're confirmed to be DLC or anything like that - but they'd be solid potential picks. (I'd probably limit DLC to around 8 characters in total.)

I should also note that the list of playable characters doesn't indicate the only series being represented. For instance, Gran Turismo and WipEout spring to mind as series I'd love to represent with either music or a stage - plus plenty of other inclusions, too.

Oh! One more thing! Rivalries!

Kratos vs. Hatapon - both are responsible for slaying gods.
PaRappa vs. Vibri - both are rhythm-game characters. This just felt natural.
Sweet Tooth vs. Alucard - I think it's not unreasonable for Alucard to presume Sweet Tooth is a monster sent by Dracula.
Sly Cooper vs. Fetch - both are technically aligned against the law, but are still seen as good characters.
Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft - a pair of adventurers. Perhaps they're both searching for the same treasure?
Ratchet & Clank vs. Jak & Daxter - iconic duos!
Sackboy vs. Crash Bandicoot - platformer icons, both of whom are seen as "PlayStation mascots" from different eras.
Sir Daniel Fortesque vs. The Slayer of Demons - both of them are knights.
Spike vs. Aloy - Spike hunts down animals (apes, specifically) whilst Aloy also hunts down animals (albeit mechanical ones.)
Toro vs. Kat - Toro is a cat, Kat is named cat, and also has Dusty, a cat. This just seems fun to me.
Jin Sakai vs. Dart Feld - both of them are, in some way, attuned to an aspect of nature.
Dante vs. Jin Kazama - Dante slays demons, Jin technically is one.

With all that said... what are your thoughts? Would you be happy with this if it were to be an actual thing?

Last edited:
I've actually kind of been avoiding tackling this sort of roster for some time, but I think it's finally time for me to give a hypothetical sequel to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale a shot. However, I wanted to have a few things in consideration when making it, so as to (slightly) emulate a couple of the restrictions of the original. For the most part, I gave myself a few specifics to consider.
  • The roster should consist of 24 total characters - the total number of characters, including DLC, in the original game - prior to DLC.
  • There should be no more than six third-party characters - and there should only be one per company so as not to show favouritism.
  • Likewise, the soft rule of "one character per series" stands from the original. Other forms of representation can work in some cases, though.
  • All characters should reflect their look in recent material, unless an alternative look is iconic enough to warrant inclusion over that.
  • Cross-promotion is an important aspect of the roster, but it should also represent various eras of PlayStation's history.
  • Whilst representation shouldn't be the sole arbiter of inclusions, it'd be nice to have a decent spread of genders and races if possible.
  • All characters should be realistically attainable, with potential within a fighting game, and with minimal issues.
With all that out of the way, let's get into it.

In terms of Returning Characters, we can reasonably argue that 12.5 of the roster are. (You'll get my reasoning in a minute.) Whilst there were admittedly a lot of issues with the original game's roster, it's undeniable that a large amount of the picks were actually pretty good. That being said, a lot of cuts and changes were also made. Let's first look at who's coming back, though.
  • Kratos, from the God of War series, is our first returning inclusion - for obvious reasons. His default design would be, of course, his Norse appearance - and his moveset will reflect this. Whilst he'd have a classic look as an alternate costume, we unfortunately wouldn't be including a "Classic Kratos" on the roster, because it'd take away development time for other potential inclusions.
  • PaRappa, from the PaRappa the Rapper series, is a second returning character and an obvious rep for the PS1 era. Given he was actually handled pretty well in the original game, it only makes sense for him to return. Admittedly, I did momentarily consider adding Lammy in his place, but felt that PaRappa himself was far too iconic to get rid of.
  • Sweet Tooth, from the Twisted Metal series, is in a particularly good spot as of writing. With a Netflix series on its way, it makes sense to include him both as a rep for a beloved PlayStation series and as cross-promotion for that. That being said, his design would be a fusion of his classic and series look, mostly because it'd strike a decent balance between the two.
  • Sly Cooper, from the Sly Cooper series, is in a bit of an interesting spot at the moment. Whilst the Sly Cooper series hasn't actually seen any games since 2013 as of writing, the character is still an iconic representative for the PS2 era, and is still beloved enough to (apparently) have a series in the works. I wouldn't say he's an outright olive branch to fans, but he's an iconic inclusion even in spite of his series' inactivity.
  • Nathan Drake, from the Uncharted series, was a bit of a difficult character to conceptualise in the current climate - namely because there was a non-zero chance that he'd have been in his Tom Holland look, but I felt the licensing would have costed too much. Uncharted is also a great PS3/PS4 series to pull into here, and whilst it's technically been over since 2017, the relatively recent Legacy of Thieves collection helps a lot in this case.
  • Ratchet & Clank, from the Ratchet & Clank series, are also fairly obvious inclusions - though, of course, their designs are going to match their look in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. An iconic duo that have been faces of the PlayStation brand fairly consistently since the PS2 era, it only makes sense for the Lombax mechanic and the defective robot to make it into a game like this.
  • Jak & Daxter, from the Jak series, might not necessarily be as outright iconic as the other notable duo on the list - or have had a game release as recently - but their reception in the original game as well as fan support around the series is more than enough to warrant their inclusion, not to mention the fact that they're also icons of the PS2 lineup.
  • Sackboy, from the LittleBigPlanet series, is another obvious inclusion given his role as essentially PlayStation's mascot from the PS3 era onward. That said, I've been giving a little bit of thought to it, and I think his moveset this time around would be moreso based on his appearance in Sackboy: A Big Adventure so as to make him more "recent."
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque, from the MediEvil series, is actually in a surprisingly good spot this time around. A surprising but beloved inclusion into the original game's roster, his case here is also helped by the MediEvil remake in 2019 - plus the fact that he's honestly just a lot of fun.
  • Spike, from the Ape Escape series, is another character included somewhat as an olive branch toward the fans as opposed to promoting something. Whilst the last game in the series released in 2010, it's a series beloved by fans and one that's had a lot of shoutouts over the years - so his inclusion honestly makes sense in recognition of the Ape Escape series' presence as a great part of the PS1 lineup.
  • Toro, originally from Doko Demo Issho, was another obvious inclusion. Essentially being the Japanese mascot of the PlayStation brand (especially the PlayStation Network), his inclusion in the original game was just as logical as it is here - plus, it's a great recognition of characters more popular in Japan. And hey, this isn't even the only fighting game series he's been in.
  • Kat, from the Gravity Rush series, was a really well-recieved DLC character in the original game from the remaining players, and the Gravity Rush series - whilst not having had a game since 2017 - is a fan-favourite amongst the PlayStation brand's lineup. Honestly, she was a great DLC pick in the original, so being a base-roster pick here is pretty cool too.
  • Dante, from the Devil May Cry series, is obviously in a more traditional design - that being his Devil May Cry 5 appearance. That being said, I did actually consider replacing him with Nero, but I felt he'd be a necessary inclusion so as to almost apologise for the original. The Devil May Cry series was an icon of the PS2 lineup and has maintained constant popularity - though I'll admit a lot of other Capcom characters came close, such as someone from the Monster Hunter or Street Fighter series.
Overall, a decent spread of newcomers. As for the characters that were cut - a lot of them boiled down to one of three reasons. With cases like Fat Princess or Evil Cole McGrath, they were fairly disliked characters in the original and didn't make much sense to bring back when we want a positive fan reception. Alternatively, characters like Colonel Radec and Nariko - whilst interesting in their own right - didn't make much sense to bring back due to their relative obscurity and lack of fan support in the modern climate. Other picks, like Big Daddy, Raiden, or Isaac Clarke, aren't particularly associated with the PlayStation brand specifically - though I have an idea for Raiden that I'll get to later. Oh, and Cole McGrath and Heihachi have specific replacements in mind.

Now then, let's take a look at our Newcomers.
  • Abigail "Fetch" Walker, from the InFamous series, is our replacement for Cole McGrath for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Cole - whilst being the main icon of the series and a prominent character - kinda already had his time in the sun, and a fresh face in the form of Fetch seems like it'd be a lot of fun. That aside, there's also two other points - promotion and representation. It doesn't hurt that Fetch's neon-based abilities have plenty of potential to be a really interesting moveset in themselves.
  • The Slayer of Demons, from Demon's Souls, was actually picked in place of the Hunter from Bloodborne mostly due to the Demon's Souls remake being a launch title for the PS5 and being so highly rated. It also doesn't hurt that he'd have plenty of moveset potential as a slow but surprisingly powerful character, even if he sort of steps on Sir Daniel's toes as another knight... but that being said, he would be a good rival for him, hmm?
  • Aloy, from the Horizon Zero Dawn series, was an obvious inclusion as a newcomer all things considered. Having already crossed over with Fortnite, Genshin Impact and LEGO, the series has been a massive part of the more modern lineup of the PlayStation brand - and Aloy herself has plenty of potential in terms of a moveset.
  • Jin Sakai, from Ghost of Tsushima, was a character I initially deliberated a little on including due to a relatively large number of swordfighters in the roster - but I felt his take on it would be a lot of fun. A great rep for the late PS4 era, Jin's also got plenty of moveset potential as a samurai. I'll admit I originally penned Wander from Shadow of the Colossus in this role, but I think he'd be a great character for DLC.
  • Hatapon, from the Patapon series, was a character I felt would be unusual and unexpected, but well-recieved. A representative for the PSP era specifically, Hatapon's whole deal is that he leads the Patapon army - and he'd have that property here too, using other Patapon to attack on his behalf for the most part. Given that a Patapon was, for at least a while, planned for the original game, this felt like a lot of fun as an inclusion.
  • Dart Feld, from the Legend of Dragoon series, is if nothing else almost completely an olive branch to the fans of the original PlayStation All-Stars. The massive outpouring of support to have Dart released due to his half-finished state was an internet sensation for a short time, and whilst originally unsuccessful, I think it'd be great to include him this time around. He's also got plenty of unique moveset potential, though people far more well-versed in the series than me have said much more about that than I ever could.
  • Vibri, from the Vib-Ribbon series, is effectively our wildcard of the roster - the Fat Princess of this game, though with the intention of being, well... actually well-recieved. Vib-Ribbon has retroactively recieved a lot of praise and recognition as of recently, and whilst I think that Vibri would be a "literally who?" pick for a lot of people, she'd be an interesting deep cut that PlayStation fans would appreciate. Oh, and given she's also from a rhythm game, her being PaRappa's rival just writes itself.
  • Alucard, from the Castlevania series, was actually a really difficult character to rationalise. On the one hand, we have Raiden on the original roster - a character who was viewed with confusion originally, but has become particularly popular over time, despite his game's lack of connection to the PlayStation brand. On the other hand, the inclusion of another Metal Gear character is unlikely given the ugly divorce of Hideo Kojima and Konami, and it's known that Snake's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was a difficult one to leverage. I considered having Raiden's appearance and moveset based on Metal Gear Solid 2: The Twin Snakes, but for the same reason, I couldn't really justify it. That being said, the Castlevania series seems like it might be easier to leverage - and given the importance of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, either Alucard or Richter felt like pretty obvious inclusions. Alucard was my final choice with all that in mind, given his iconic nature, plentiful moveset potential, and so forth.
  • Crash Bandicoot, from the Crash Bandicoot series, was another character that I felt would be in a bit of a strange position with. Activision-Blizzard aren't in the best of situations at the moment, and the "one character per company" rule kind of meant it was him or Spyro... or someone else entirely. That being said, the outcry for Crash to be in the original game despite the difficulty in actually getting him in meant he was an obvious inclusion into this one, with Spyro as a DLC option. I'll admit, though - I did come really close to including Spyro over him.
  • Jin Kazama, from the Tekken series, was picked over Heihachi for a couple of reasons. Firstly, whilst Heihachi is seen as one of the most iconic characters in the series, Jin has arguably been the protagonist of the series ever since Tekken 3 - one of the most popular PS1 games out there. I'd also like to note that his default design mirrors that of Tekken 8, with his classic look being an alternative costume.
  • Lara Croft, from the Tomb Raider series, is our final DLC character and might seem like an obvious, but slightly odd, inclusion. Firstly, her classic design is her main one - given it's been used in Tomb Raider Reloaded and works as a promotional tool. (Her reboot look would work well as an additional costume.) She was also picked because, being now outside of Square-Enix's grasp, she's a bit easier to put in crossovers - her appearance in Fortnite is an indication of exactly this. Being an iconic character in her own right and a natural rival to Nathan Drake, this all just made too much sense.
I think this selection of newcomers does a good job at working alongside the classic picks to give plenty of flavour, a mix of promotional and classic picks, and plenty of variety overall. That said, I'll admit a lot of characters were considered, and in a lot of cases, there's good reasons why they're not here. A lot of them would make good DLC picks like the one's I've mentioned so far (Wander and Spyro), other ones might be solid inclusions from an already-represented company, and other ones still might just not really feel... good. A good example of this is Astro, who - whilst being a pretty decent character from a newer PlayStation series - just doesn't quite feel right in a playable role, though another role such as a Minion would work wonders for him. I also didn't want too many iconic first-party characters to be in the base roster, allowing for plenty of DLC picks to be exciting and maintain interest long-term.

In terms of third-party picks, well... a lot of them boiled down to an alternative being more interesting. A character from the Persona series was considered, for instance - Joker, Aigis and Yu being my main candidates - but I felt they'd work great as a DLC pick and that the five included third-party characters were better picks. Bomberman was almost included as the Konami rep with Alucard as DLC, but Alucard's nature as such an iconic character felt like he'd be great. Square-Enix is a company that I reckon would make a lot of sense here and spring out as an obvious omission, but I felt that they would be a little too difficult to work with (though I think Tifa would be a solid DLC candidate as cross-promotion for the Final Fantasy 7 Remake series.) Lastly, I did consider a candidate from the Like a Dragon series - with Majima actually being the pick I penned in due to his popularity and the fact that he's actually allowed to hit women (god that sounds bad) - but I felt he'd be an awesome DLC candidate too.

I should also note that the list of playable characters doesn't indicate the only series being represented. For instance, Gran Turismo and WipEout spring to mind as series I'd love to represent with either music or a stage - plus plenty of other inclusions, too.

With all that said... what are your thoughts? Would you be happy with this if it were to be an actual thing?
Let's go over this one topic at a time.

Returning Characters: Despite not having much personal experience with the first PS All-Stars game, if not at all, I will admit that these veterans are the best out of the previous title's roster. At the very least, you got down all the ones I would have used if I played that game.

Cut Characters: I'm talking about Cole McGrath's two versions, Big Daddy, Colonel Radec, Raiden, Fat Princess, Nariko, Isaac Clarke, Heihachi, Emmett Graves, and Zeus. Honestly, Basic Cole McGrath, Big Daddy, Raiden, and Heihachi are the only ones I would genuinely miss.

Evil Cole, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, Nariko, Isaac Clarke, Emmett Graves, and Zeus? You can throw those out onto the street and I won't shed a tear. Well, okay. Maybe I'd feel sorry for Fat Princess, Radec, and Isaac Clarke. But even then, that's four one-and-dones I'd even toss into the dumpster on my own.

Newcomers: If Sony didn't think Evil Cole McGrath was worthy of his own character slot, I would have hoped they can include Cole back in the DLC. But since they did try that stunt, I welcome Fetch these days.

Alucard as a replacement for Raiden, and Jin taking over for his grandfather? I'd see both of these as improvements. Heck, by choosing Alucard over Richter, and Jin over Kazuya, you've made smarter equivalents to double-dipping franchises than the first game had.

The Slayer of Demons being Sir Daniel's rival. That just works so well.

I concur on Aloy's obviousness as far as first-party newcomers are concerned.

Jin Sakai and Dart? Hell yeah. The former tackles an underutilized PlayStation IP, while the latter fixes one of the biggest mistakes its predecessor attempted. Reworking Dante's looks is another one that has been rectified this time.

On the other hand, both Hatapon and Vibri are surprise picks in my book. Who expected a PSP character to show up? If I may be honest, I think they look off in the angles you chose to display them in. Maybe Vibri's because of her overall design, though.

Crash Bandicoot. If this guy had missed the boat for the second game, you would have never seen the sunrise tomorrow morning. Still, he does outmatch Spyro on equal levels.

Finally, we have Lara Croft. She's a fantastic character to end this base roster on, assuming this is just the base roster.

As for the DLC, I would assume Spyro, a Monster Hunter or Street Fighter rep, Lammy, a second God of War character, Nero, Cole McGrath, the Bloodborne Hunter, Wander, an Overwatch rep, Heihachi, Big Daddy, a Persona rep, Bomberman, Tifa, and Majima would make for a crowded suggestions box. Why, that list altogether would fill up two-thirds of a whole new game entirely!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Let's go over this one topic at a time.

Returning Characters: Despite not having much personal experience with the first PS All-Stars game, if not at all, I will admit that these veterans are the best out of the previous title's roster. At the very least, you got down all the ones I would have used if I played that game.

Cut Characters: I'm talking about Cole McGrath's two versions, Big Daddy, Colonel Radec, Raiden, Fat Princess, Nariko, Isaac Clarke, Heihachi, Emmett Graves, and Zeus. Honestly, Basic Cole McGrath, Big Daddy, Raiden, and Heihachi are the only ones I would genuinely miss.

Evil Cole, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, Nariko, Isaac Clarke, Emmett Graves, and Zeus? You can throw those out onto the street and I won't shed a tear. Well, okay. Maybe I'd feel sorry for Fat Princess, Radec, and Isaac Clarke. But even then, that's four one-and-dones I'd even toss into the dumpster on my own.

Newcomers: If Sony didn't think Evil Cole McGrath was worthy of his own character slot, I would have hoped they can include Cole back in the DLC. But since they did try that stunt, I welcome Fetch these days.

Alucard as a replacement for Raiden, and Jin taking over for his grandfather? I'd see both of these as improvements. Heck, by choosing Alucard over Richter, and Jin over Kazuya, you've made smarter equivalents to double-dipping franchises than the first game had.

The Slayer of Demons being Sir Daniel's rival. That just works so well.

I concur on Aloy's obviousness as far as first-party newcomers are concerned.

Jin Sakai and Dart? Hell yeah. The former tackles an underutilized PlayStation IP, while the latter fixes one of the biggest mistakes its predecessor attempted. Reworking Dante's looks is another one that has been rectified this time.

On the other hand, both Hatapon and Vibri are surprise picks in my book. Who expected a PSP character to show up? If I may be honest, I think they look off in the angles you chose to display them in. Maybe Vibri's because of her overall design, though.

Crash Bandicoot. If this guy had missed the boat for the second game, you would have never seen the sunrise tomorrow morning. Still, he does outmatch Spyro on equal levels.

Finally, we have Lara Croft. She's a fantastic character to end this base roster on, assuming this is just the base roster.

As for the DLC, I would assume Spyro, a Monster Hunter or Street Fighter rep, Lammy, a second God of War character, Nero, Cole McGrath, the Bloodborne Hunter, Wander, an Overwatch rep, Heihachi, Big Daddy, a Persona rep, Bomberman, Tifa, and Majima would make for a crowded suggestions box. Why, that list altogether would fill up two-thirds of a whole new game entirely!
I actually wasn't originally planning to fully flesh out what DLC would look like, but thanks for inspiring me! Truth be told, I ended up giving this lineup a lot of thought, and whilst the ideas I postulated as potentials within the original were mostly just spitballing, this is what I reckon a DLC lineup could look like. Full disclosure - the "realism" rule kind of remains in place, as well as it being the case that, with DLC, two characters release at once (just like they did originally.)

Season One:
I wanted Season One to be something that'd get people talking, but also fill out an obvious missing character from the roster. Oh, and Spyro too. Jokes aside, Abe's inclusion felt pretty natural to me - the Oddworld series was always a popular one back in the PS1 days, and Abe himself was actually a planned DLC character alongside Dart in the original game prior to services ending. Spyro, as I've mentioned, was originally snubbed for the sake of Crash - but I ended up including him here because it just made too much sense.

Season Two:
Whilst Tifa is obviously the headlining inclusion, I felt that Robbit would be an important character to include at some point, but couldn't really justify him on the base roster. I did wonder whether he'd be too obscure as a DLC pick, but I think he'd be cool - plus, Jumping Flash! is a pretty important part of Sony's history with the PlayStation brand. Tifa herself is picked mostly as cross-promotion for Final Fantasy VII Remake, though I came close to including Cloud, Vivi, a Chocobo, Tidus, Lightning or even Squall. She felt like a natural fit for a fighting game and I think she'd be a popular, but slightly unexpected, inclusion.

Season Three:
By this point I reckon we'd already have a solid userbase, so our two picks here are mostly chosen as popular fan-favourite picks. Wander is our Team ICO rep, being simultaneously a great character to represent the PS2 and PS4 eras, and he has a lot of potential what with the various items and skills present in Shadow of the Colossus. Conversely, Hero Prinny is picked from the Disgaea series because it's been one with a constant relationship with PlayStation, and I felt it'd be a little unexpected compared to something like Persona. As for why Hero Prinny was picked - it's partially because the Prinnys are the icon of Nippon Ichi Software, and also... just look at Etna's design, it'd be difficult to keep a low rating on the game with that in mind.

Season Four:
Last season, and we're rounding out with heavy hitters. Whilst I considered a Street Fighter or Monster Hunter character as Capcom's second character, the Resident Evil series has been a major part of the PS1 lineup and continues today, still going strong. I also felt a horror rep was sorely needed on the roster as is, and whilst I very much did consider a Silent Hill character, Jill Valentine sprung out as an obvious, iconic inclusion. (Shoutout to Leon Kennedy, though!) Aside from her, I also included Goro Majima as an unexpected but popular (and arguably iconic) character from the Yakuza (or, nowadays, Like a Dragon) series. Apart from his really unique moveset potential and surprising nature, and the obvious fact that he'd be able to actually fight here unlike Kiryu given the latter refuses to hit women, I picked Majima over the perhaps more logical Ichiban because I think he'd be a solid rep for Yakuza's history on the PlayStation, plus he's a fan-favourite that I think SEGA would be fine with letting brawl the others here.

Maybe this was a little less realistic (and a little more third-party heavy) than the base roster, but I feel like this is probably a good call for what DLC could reasonably look like. I actually did consider a few potential inclusions here - a Persona rep, as I mentioned, or even Bomberman actually almost made it in over Hero Prinny - but I felt this would be a solid lineup.

A final roster of 32 characters? Might be a little bit much, but I think it's not completely unreasonable (even if, in total, 10 of those 32 characters are from third-parties - with a total of 8 companies getting involved, being Capcom, Konami, Activision-Blizzard, Bandai-Namco, Embracer Group, Square-Enix, Nippon Ichi Software and SEGA.) It seems to cover at least the vast majority of the bases, even if I will admit I went a little heavy on PS1-based representation (though, that being said, a lot of PS1-based characters did go on to have other appearances on later consoles.) Hope this is semi-reasonable!

Last edited:
I actually wasn't originally planning to fully flesh out what DLC would look like, but thanks for inspiring me! Truth be told, I ended up giving this lineup a lot of thought, and whilst the ideas I postulated as potentials within the original were mostly just spitballing, this is what I reckon a DLC lineup could look like. Full disclosure - the "realism" rule kind of remains in place, as well as it being the case that, with DLC, two characters release at once (just like they did originally.)

Season One:
I wanted Season One to be something that'd get people talking, but also fill out an obvious missing character from the roster. Oh, and Spyro too. Jokes aside, Abe's inclusion felt pretty natural to me - the Oddworld series was always a popular one back in the PS1 days, and Abe himself was actually a planned DLC character alongside Dart in the original game prior to services ending. Spyro, as I've mentioned, was originally snubbed for the sake of Crash - but I ended up including him here because it just made too much sense.

Season Two:
Whilst Tifa is obviously the headlining inclusion, I felt that Robbit would be an important character to include at some point, but couldn't really justify him on the base roster. I did wonder whether he'd be too obscure as a DLC pick, but I think he'd be cool - plus, Jumping Flash! is a pretty important part of Sony's history with the PlayStation brand. Tifa herself is picked mostly as cross-promotion for Final Fantasy VII Remake, though I came close to including Cloud, Vivi, a Chocobo, Tidus, Lightning or even Squall. She felt like a natural fit for a fighting game and I think she'd be a popular, but slightly unexpected, inclusion.

Season Three:
By this point I reckon we'd already have a solid userbase, so our two picks here are mostly chosen as popular fan-favourite picks. Wander is our Team ICO rep, being simultaneously a great character to represent the PS2 and PS4 eras, and he has a lot of potential what with the various items and skills present in Shadow of the Colossus. Conversely, Hero Prinny is picked from the Disgaea series because it's been one with a constant relationship with PlayStation, and I felt it'd be a little unexpected compared to something like Persona. As for why Hero Prinny was picked - it's partially because the Prinnys are the icon of Nippon Ichi Software, and also... just look at Etna's design, it'd be difficult to keep a low rating on the game with that in mind.

Season Four:
Last season, and we're rounding out with heavy hitters. Whilst I considered a Street Fighter or Monster Hunter character as Capcom's second character, the Resident Evil series has been a major part of the PS1 lineup and continues today, still going strong. I also felt a horror rep was sorely needed on the roster as is, and whilst I very much did consider a Silent Hill character, Jill Valentine sprung out as an obvious, iconic inclusion. (Shoutout to Leon Kennedy, though!) Aside from her, I also included Goro Majima as an unexpected but popular (and arguably iconic) character from the Yakuza (or, nowadays, Like a Dragon) series. Apart from his really unique moveset potential and surprising nature, and the obvious fact that he'd be able to actually fight here unlike Kiryu given the latter refuses to hit women, I picked Majima over the perhaps more logical Ichiban because I think he'd be a solid rep for Yakuza's history on the PlayStation, plus he's a fan-favourite that I think SEGA would be fine with letting brawl the others here.

Maybe this was a little less realistic (and a little more third-party heavy) than the base roster, but I feel like this is probably a good call for what DLC could reasonably look like. I actually did consider a few potential inclusions here - a Persona rep, as I mentioned, or even Bomberman actually almost made it in over Hero Prinny - but I felt this would be a solid lineup.

A final roster of 32 characters? Might be a little bit much, but I think it's not completely unreasonable (even if, in total, 10 of those 32 characters are from third-parties - with a total of 8 companies getting involved, being Capcom, Konami, Activision-Blizzard, Bandai-Namco, Embracer Group, Square-Enix, Nippon Ichi Software and SEGA.) It seems to cover at least the vast majority of the bases, even if I will admit I went a little heavy on PS1-based representation (though, that being said, a lot of PS1-based characters did go on to have other appearances on later consoles.) Hope this is semi-reasonable!
Season 1: Abe and Spyro
Season 2: Robbit and Tifa
Season 3: Wander and Hero Prinny
Season 4: Jill Valentine and Goro Majima

Spyro, Tifa, and Jill Valentine are the obvious season sellers, and arguably the ones that sell all the DLC by themselves. The other five fighters, while not mainstream characters, still have a lot of merit to being additional paid content after the fact.

Maybe I would have swapped Goro and Prinny, making it look that each season has a mainstream pick and a fan favorite pick. But any further choices could simply have been Seasons 5+ of the DLC cycle, just the same.

Like, I could have enjoyed having Tidus, Bomberman, and reps from Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, and Persona in Seasons 5-7, but that would have been too many downloadable fighters.

As a full product right now? 22 first-party characters, nine companies, basically each PlayStation console has a representative, and if we get a third game after this, just going with the partnerships they already have here would be enough to fuel a plethora of genres.

However, at the end of the day, this confirms my insane theory that the best choice for a Sony rep in Smash is Q*Bert. Because all the other good ones are taken for another in-house round.

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, time to wrap this trilogy up - What if Brawl had Smash 4's roster size?

Before I get into the new blood of this roster, I decided to keep myself faithful to the original roster and make five cuts, so let's take a moment to honor the lost:
  • Dark Samus was a very tough cut, but with the Prime series on its way out, I decided to swap it with Zero Suit Samus.
  • Pichu was cut to make room for Plusle/Minun - more on them later. This is less of a cut and more of a rebranding, heh.
  • Black Shadow was cut due to F-Zero's star starting to fade by 2009.
  • Finally, Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider were cut just for not standing out as much to me. Don't worry, though - we have replacement retro reps.
Now, onto our final batch of newcomers! Please note that in this timeline, Brawl would be given an extra year of dev time.
  • First things first, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, and Plusle/Minun all join the roster to make up the Forbidden Seven ensemble. Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy were all part of previous rosters.
    • On a brief tangent about Plusle/Minun, they'd remain mostly the same as Pichu with a few changes. This could allow Pichu to return as a costume if wanted.
  • With WarioWare becoming more popular and hitting home consoles by Brawl's release, who better to represent it than the girl next door living in the haunted mansion, Ashley!
    • As long as we're talking about Wario, he redons his plumber gear as his default costume due to Shake It having released by this point. However, his WarioWare garb is still an alternate costume!
  • Wolf gets to stick around as a Fox clone, but also joining the roster is the fighter he was made to replace, Krystal!
  • When deciding additional Pokemon reps (besides Lucario), I wanted to even out generation distribution while keeping a PokeTrainer team around. As such, I picked Dawn to be a Gen 4-centric fighter, mainly due to her role in the Pokemon anime.
  • Lucas joins the fight as a Ness semi-clone!
  • Not only does FE see Ike join the roster to fight for his friends, but Lyn also joins the party. I picked Lyn specifically since I think she's a fairly important character, having been a protagonist in FE's proper debut to the West.
  • Glass Joe joins in as this roster's "joke" character, being a Little Mac clone.
  • Pit joins in, awkward pre-Uprising design quirks and all!
  • ROB gets to come back too!
  • F-Type, Dr. Kawashima, Ryota, and Andy all join to represent the SNES, DS, N64, and GBA respectively.
  • Finally, while Snake and Sonic join in to kick off third-parties, I also gave each company an extra rep - Simon joins in due to Castlevania's Nintendo-heavy relationship, while Tails gets in as a cute nod to that old Melee rumor.
And... that's it! I had a lot of fun making this trilogy of alternate reality rosters - It was a nice challenge having to design rosters which were still realistic while offering a lot of fun picks that would get people excited. Hopefully, you've enjoyed these little thought experiments. I'm not planning on a Smash 4 with Ultimate's roster size, BTW; Wouldn't be as fun with only two years of characters to work with.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Alright, time to wrap this trilogy up - What if Brawl had Smash 4's roster size?

Before I get into the new blood of this roster, I decided to keep myself faithful to the original roster and make five cuts, so let's take a moment to honor the lost:
  • Dark Samus was a very tough cut, but with the Prime series on its way out, I decided to swap it with Zero Suit Samus.
  • Pichu was cut to make room for Plusle/Minun - more on them later. This is less of a cut and more of a rebranding, heh.
  • Black Shadow was cut due to F-Zero's star starting to fade by 2009.
  • Finally, Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider were cut just for not standing out as much to me. Don't worry, though - we have replacement retro reps.
Now, onto our final batch of newcomers! Please note that in this timeline, Brawl would be given an extra year of dev time.
  • First things first, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, and Plusle/Minun all join the roster to make up the Forbidden Seven ensemble. Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy were all part of previous rosters.
    • On a brief tangent about Plusle/Minun, they'd remain mostly the same as Pichu with a few changes. This could allow Pichu to return as a costume if wanted.
  • With WarioWare becoming more popular and hitting home consoles by Brawl's release, who better to represent it than the girl next door living in the haunted mansion, Ashley!
    • As long as we're talking about Wario, he redons his plumber gear as his default costume due to Shake It having released by this point. However, his WarioWare garb is still an alternate costume!
  • Wolf gets to stick around as a Fox clone, but also joining the roster is the fighter he was made to replace, Krystal!
  • When deciding additional Pokemon reps (besides Lucario), I wanted to even out generation distribution while keeping a PokeTrainer team around. As such, I picked Dawn to be a Gen 4-centric fighter, mainly due to her role in the Pokemon anime.
  • Lucas joins the fight as a Ness semi-clone!
  • Not only does FE see Ike join the roster to fight for his friends, but Lyn also joins the party. I picked Lyn specifically since I think she's a fairly important character, having been a protagonist in FE's proper debut to the West.
  • Glass Joe joins in as this roster's "joke" character, being a Little Mac clone.
  • Pit joins in, awkward pre-Uprising design quirks and all!
  • ROB gets to come back too!
  • F-Type, Dr. Kawashima, Ryota, and Andy all join to represent the SNES, DS, N64, and GBA respectively.
  • Finally, while Snake and Sonic join in to kick off third-parties, I also gave each company an extra rep - Simon joins in due to Castlevania's Nintendo-heavy relationship, while Tails gets in as a cute nod to that old Melee rumor.
And... that's it! I had a lot of fun making this trilogy of alternate reality rosters - It was a nice challenge having to design rosters which were still realistic while offering a lot of fun picks that would get people excited. Hopefully, you've enjoyed these little thought experiments. I'm not planning on a Smash 4 with Ultimate's roster size, BTW; Wouldn't be as fun with only two years of characters to work with.
These choices are cool to see, and F-Type, Dr. kawashima, ans Ryota would be cool, obscure additions. I’ll finish out my choices for Expanded Brawl and SSB starting on the Gamecube.

Expanded Melee:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::ultdaisy::toadnaani::4bowser::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario2::4olimar::4villager:
:4link::4tlink:Ganon:sheilda::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4samus::4zss::4marth::4myfriends:Isaac
:4pikachu::4charizard::052::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::pt::4lucario::4fox::4falco:Krystal:4ness::4lucas:
:4falcon::popo:(Solo), Lip:4littlemac::4rob::4pit::4gaw:Takamaru :snake::4sonic::4pacman:
Secret Fighters: :toadnaani::ultdaisy::4bowserjr::4myfriends:Isaac:4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4falco::4lucas::4falcon:Lip,:4rob::4gaw:Takamaru
Here are the reasons for who I removed:
Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, and Pichu are cut for similar reasons.
Gooey feels like a low priority character given his lack of popularity after Melee.
Wolf is a lower priority veteran also.
Newcomers:
Bowser Jr. and Villager were rising all-stars.
Toon Link effectively replaced Young Link.
Zero Suit Samus is a little weird, but an armorless Samus was a recurring Easter Egg.
Instead of using starter pokemon, Pokemon Trainer would use the original Eeveelutions.
Krystal was requested.
Lucario, Lucas, and Ike promote newer games.
Takamaru is my next retro.
Isaac promotes newer series.
Snake, Sonic, and Pac-Man are based on different requests.
I thought about Ridley and K. Rool, but having them as bosses seems cool.

SSB 3 on the Wii U/3DS (I assume the delay stays, but the roster is smaller as I have fewer veterans):
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario2::4olimar::4villager:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4ness::4samus::4pit::4palutena:
:4pikachu::4mewtwo::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4fox::4falco:Krystal:4shulk:
:4wiifit::4littlemac::4duckhunt::ultdaisy::4lucina::4darkpit::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii:
Secret Fighters::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4robinm::4mewtwo::4falco::4wiifit::ultdaisy::4lucina::4darkpit:
DLC Fighters: Isaac:4feroy::4lucas::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta::4corrin:
The cuts remain the same.
Honestly, I’m fine keeping the newcomers as they were.
Instead of Dr. Mario, Daisy joins as she’s a Peach alt, so why not.
DLC is mostly the same, but I decided to add Isaac in Mewtwo’s place as he seems cool.

SSB Ultimate (I’ll just add newcomers)
Base Game: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultalph::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultken:
DLC::ultrob::ultjoker::ulthero2::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultsteve:Tidus(:ultmythra::ultpyra:):ultkazuya::ultsora:
Alph was an Olimar alt already.
I replaced Piranha Plant with a retro character.
I just prefer Tidus over Sephiroth

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
However, I am surprised your one fourth-party character to close out this game is Chuck E. Cheese, of all mascots. I get why, due to him and the Atari 2600 sharing the same creator, but I would have gone with Popeye or Scrooge McDuck myself.
If i was the Faz, i would replace him with E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, for the significance of it's video game and being the Spotlight of one of the most unfortunate moments in gaming history.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Anyways, here is the assist character roaster for my Marvel Infinity Smash series. Now featuring bosses

Infinity Smash Brawl
1.Lizard
2.Mysterio
3.Rhino
4.Ice Man
5.Angel
6.Doc Samson
7.Shanna
8.Zemo
9.Daredevil (Promoted to Playable in Infinity Smash 4)
10.Mantis
11.Monica Rambeau
12.General Ross
13.Cosmo the Space Dog
14.Black Bolt
15.Crystal
16.Fin Fang Foom
17.Professor X
18.Colossus
19.Domino
20.Pip the Troll
21.Yondu
22.Titania
23.Nick Fury
24.Maria Hill
25.H.E.R.B.I.E
26.Mothra
27.Bane

Infinity Smash 4
1.Hazmat (Promoted to playable in Ultimate)
2.Reptil (Same as above)
3.Nighthawk
4.Mockingbird
5.M.O.D.O.K
6.Valkyre
7.Prowler
8.White Tiger
9.Iron Fist
10.Jessica Jones
11.Kingpin
12.Vulture
13.Mole Man
14.Mar Vell
15.Punisher
16.Lois Lane
17.Cheetah

Infinity Smash Ultimate
1.Adam Warlock
2.Wong
3.Negasonic Teenage Warhead
4.Blizzard
5.Whirlwind
6.Mary Jane
7.Shuri
8.Cloak
9.Dagger
10.Steg Ron
11.X-23
12.Hercules
13.Warriors 3
14.Nightcrawler
15.Impossible Man
16.Scarlet Beetle
17.Giganta
18.Beast Boy
19.Aquaman
20.Flash
21.Yoda
22.Bumblebee (Transformers)
23.Nemesis
24.Pheonix Wright
25.Anguirus
26.Starscream (Also a boss)

Bosses
Kang the Conquror (All 5 games)
Beyonder (Melee onwards)
Ultimate Goblin (Melee and Ultimate)
Absorbing Man (Brawl)
Shuma Gorath (See Above)
Ronan the Accuser (See Above)
Hydra Ship (Brawl and Ultimate)
Thanos (Brawl and Game 4, promoted to playable in Ultimate)
Dweller in Darkness (Brawl)
Galactus (See Above)
Red Skull (Game 4 and Ultimate)
Chitari Leviathan(Game 4 and Ultimate)
Celestial (Game 4)
Apocalypse (Ultimate)
Carnage (See above)
Starscream (See above)
King Ghidorah (See Above)

Last edited:
Super Smash Bros. Armageddon

1: Mario
2: Donkey Kong
3: Link
4: Samus
5: Kirby
6: Fox
7: Pikachu
8: Luigi
9: Bowser
10: Zelda
11: Marth
12: Ganondorf
13: Mewtwo
14: Pit
15: Wario
16: Sonic
17: King Dedede
18: Olimar
19: Mega Man
20: Little Mac
21: Pac-Man
22: Shulk
23: Cloud Strife
24: Inkling
25: Simon Belmont
26: Isabelle
27: Incineroar
28: Banjo and Kazooie
29: Byleth
30: Min Min

For this Smash roster, I'm taking a chainsaw to the bloated roster of Ultimate. I'm also reworking a lot of movesets for the characters that survive.

You read this list correctly. Most of the franchises only get one rep, except for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and Fire Emblem. Kirby and FE only got two fighters, actually.

Plus, only a fifth of this lineup are from third-party developers, with only one character per company and cutting off the less mainstream devs as well.

I almost called this game Free-For Madness, named after the anti-pot movie Reefer Madness. But I chose something less adult for the subtitle.

What do you guys think?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I’m gonna make my own definitive editions of the Smash games, using characters who were confirmed to be considered/cut for their respective games (as many as I see feasible, anyway), along with hints of self-indulgence. Italics bold denotes unlockable characters.
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Luigi
Bowser
Marth
Mewtwo
King Dedede
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Rivalries
  1. Mario vs. Luigi
  2. Donkey Kong vs. Bowser
  3. Link vs. Marth
  4. Samus vs. Mewtwo
  5. Yoshi vs. King Dedede
  6. Kirby vs. Ness
  7. Fox vs. Captain Falcon
  8. Pikachu vs. Jigglypuff
Luigi
Mario​
Bowser​
Peach​
Wario
Yoshi​
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon​
Falco
Fox​
Ness​
Ice Climbers​
Kirby​
Samus​
Zelda / Sheik​
Link​
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pikachu​
Scizor​
King Dedede​
Mr. Game & Watch
Ayumi Tachibana
Marth​
Roy
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Diddy Kong​
Zelda / Sheik​
Pit​
King Dedede​
Falco
Pokémon Trainer​
Ike​
DeMille
Bowser​
Yoshi​
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers​
Meta Knight​
Wolf
Lucario
Ness
Snake​
Peach​
Wario​
Tetra
R.O.B.
Olimar​
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Lucas​
Sonic
3DS version
Mario​
Luigi​
Bowser​
Peach​
Rosalina & Luma​
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong​
Link​
Zelda​
Sheik​
Ganondorf
Samus​
Zero Suit Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
King Dedede​
Meta Knight​
Fox​
Falco
Pikachu​
Mewtwo​
Jigglypuff
Scizor
Lucario​
Greninja​
Ness
Captain Falcon​
Marth​
Ike​
Robin​
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch​
Pit​
Palutena​
DeMIlle
Villager​
Little Mac​
Duck Hunt
Takamaru
Lucina​
Dark Pit
Sonic​
Mega Man​
PAC-MAN
Mii Fighters​

Wii U version
Mario​
Luigi​
Bowser​
Peach​
Rosalina & Luma​
Bowser Jr.​
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong​
Link​
Zelda​
Sheik​
Ganondorf
Tetra​
Samus​
Zero Suit Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
King Dedede​
Meta Knight​
Fox​
Falco
Pikachu​
Mewtwo​
Jigglypuff
Scizor
Lucario​
Greninja​
Ness
Captain Falcon​
Marth​
Ike​
Ice Climbers​
Wario
Pit​
Palutena​
Olimar / Alph​
Villager​
Wii Fit Trainer​
Little Mac​
Shulk​
Takamaru​
Lucina​
Sonic​
Mega Man​
PAC-MAN​
Mii Fighters​

Free updates
Tetra (3DS)​
Popo / Nana (3DS)​
Oimar / Alph (3DS)​
Wii Fit Trainer (3DS)​
Shulk (3DS)​
Mr. Game & Watch (Wii U)​
DeMille (Wii U)​
Dark Pit (Wii U)​
Robin (Wii U)​
Duck Hunt (Wii U)​

DLC
Rayman​
Ryu​
Lucas​
Cloud​
Roy​
Azura​
Bayonetta​
Base game
64MeleeBwlfor 3DS / Wii UNewcomersEcho Fighters
  • 1. Mario
  • 2. Donkey Kong
  • 3. Link
  • 4. Samus
  • 5. Yoshi
  • 6. Kirby
  • 7. Fox
  • 8. Pikachu
  • 9. Luigi
  • 10. Bowser
  • 11. Marth
  • 12. Mewtwo
  • 13. King Dedede
  • 14. Ness
  • 15. Captain Falcon
  • 16. Jigglypuff
  • 17. Peach
  • 18. Sheik
  • 19. Zelda
  • 20. Scizor
  • 21. Ice Climbers
  • 22. Wario
  • 23. Diddy Kong
  • 24. Ayumi
  • 25. Ganondorf
  • 26. Falco
  • 27. Roy
  • 28. Mr. Game & Watch
  • 29. Meta Knight
  • 30. Pit
  • 31. Zero Suit Samus
  • 32. Snake
  • 33. Ike
  • 34-36. Pokémon Trainer
    • Totodile
    • Grovyle
    • Charizard
  • 37. Lucas
  • 38. Sonic
  • 39. Olimar
  • 40. Lucario
  • 41. DeMille
  • 42. R.O.B.
  • 43. Tetra
  • 44. Wolf
  • 45. Villager
  • 46. Mega Man
  • 47. Wii Fit Trainer
  • 48. Rosalina & Luma
  • 49. Little Mac
  • 50. Greninja
  • 51-53. Mii Fighters
    • Brawler
    • Swordfighter
    • Gunner
  • 54. Palutena
  • 55. PAC-MAN
  • 56. Robin
  • 57. Shulk
  • 58. Bowser Jr.
  • 59. Takamaru
  • 60. Duck Hunt
  • 61. Rayman
  • 62. Ryu
  • 63. Cloud
  • 64. Azura
  • 65. Bayonetta
  • 66. Inkling
  • 67. Simon / Trevor
  • 68. Alucard
  • 69. Ridley
  • 70. King K. Rool
  • 71-72. Pyra / Mythra
  • 73. Bandana Waddle Dee
  • 74. Incineroar
  • 75. Waluigi
  1. (4ε.) Dark Samus
  2. (11ε.) Lucina
  3. (13ε.) Dry Bowser
  4. (15ε.) Black Shadow
  5. (17ε.) Daisy
  6. (23ε.) Dixie Kong
  7. (27ε.) Chrom
  8. (30ε.) Dark Pit
  9. (38ε.) Shadow
  10. (39ε.) Alph
  11. (49ε.) Glass Joe
  12. (56ε.) Celica
  13. (62ε.) Ken

DLC
FIghters Pass Vol. 1Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • 76. Joker​
  • 77. Slime​
  • 78. Crash Bandicoot​
  • 79. Estelle Bright​
  • 80. Terry Bogard​
  • 81. Banjo & Kazooie​
  • 82. Min Min​
  • 83. Steve​
  • 84. Sephiroth​
  • 85. Kazuya​
  • 86. Dr. Eggman​
  • 87. Sora​

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok then.

I only did 60 characters atm since I’m working on writing out movesets for all of them (and planning on detailing them as a thread on Discord)
  1. Venusaur
  2. Charizard
  3. Blastoise
  4. Pikachu
  5. Meowth
  6. Machamp
  7. Gengar
  8. Mewtwo
  9. Totodile
  10. Quagsire
  11. Scizor
  12. Sneasel
  13. Smeargle
  14. Tyranitar
  15. Grovyle
  16. Blaziken
  17. Gardevoir
  18. Absol
  19. Metagross
  20. Empoleon
  21. Bidoof
  22. Luxray
  23. Vespiquen
  24. Garchomp
  25. Lucario
  26. Darkrai
  27. Serperior
  28. Chandelure
  29. Bisharp
  30. Meloetta
  31. Genesect
  32. Braixen
  33. Greninja
  34. Aegislash
  35. Sylveon
  36. Hawlucha
  37. Noivern
  38. Diancie
  39. Decidueye
  40. Primarina
  41. Alolan Vulpix
  42. Silvally
  43. Mimikyu
  44. Tapu Koko
  45. Cinderace
  46. Corviknight
  47. Wooloo
  48. Toxtricity
  49. Grimmsnarl
  50. Mr. Rime
  51. Dragapult
  52. Kleavor
  53. Meowscarada
  54. Pawmot
  55. Tinkaton
  56. Palafin
  57. Revaroom
  58. Annihilape
  59. Chien-Pao
  60. Miraidon

I might do an extended one of 151 for the hell of it but I won’t do moves for that one.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I’m gonna make my own definitive editions of the Smash games, using characters who were confirmed to be considered/cut for their respective games (as many as I see feasible, anyway), along with hints of self-indulgence. Italics bold denotes unlockable characters.
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Bowser
King Dedede
Marth
Mewtwo
Rivalries
  1. Mario vs. Luigi
  2. Donkey Kong vs. Bowser
  3. Link vs. Marth
  4. Samus vs. Mewtwo
  5. Yoshi vs. King Dedede
  6. Kirby vs. Ness
  7. Fox vs. Captain Falcon
  8. Pikachu vs. Jigglypuff
Luigi
Mario​
Bowser​
Peach​
Wario
Yoshi​
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon​
Falco
Fox​
Ness​
Ice Climbers​
Kirby​
Samus​
Zelda / Sheik​
Link​
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pikachu​
Scizor​
King Dedede​
Mr. Game & Watch
Ayumi Tachibana
Marth​
Roy
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Diddy Kong​
Zelda / Sheik​
Pit​
King Dedede​
Falco
Pokémon Trainer​
Ike​
DeMille
Bowser​
Yoshi​
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers​
Meta Knight​
Wolf
Lucario
Ness
Snake​
Peach​
Wario​
Tetra
R.O.B.
Olimar​
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Lucas​
Sonic
3DS version
Mario​
Luigi​
Bowser​
Peach​
Rosalina & Luma​
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong​
Link​
Zelda​
Sheik​
Ganondorf
Samus​
Zero Suit Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
King Dedede​
Meta Knight​
Fox​
Falco
Pikachu​
Mewtwo​
Jigglypuff
Scizor
Lucario​
Greninja​
Ness
Captain Falcon​
Marth​
Ike​
Robin​
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch​
Pit​
Palutena​
DeMIlle
Villager​
Little Man​
Duck Hunt
Takamaru
Lucina​
Dark Pit
Sonic​
Mega Man​
PAC-MAN
Mii Fighters​

Wii U version
Mario​
Luigi​
Bowser​
Peach​
Rosalina & Luma​
Bowser Jr.​
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong​
Link​
Zelda​
Sheik​
Ganondorf
Tetra​
Samus​
Zero Suit Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
King Dedede​
Meta Knight​
Fox​
Falco
Pikachu​
Mewtwo​
Jigglypuff
Scizor
Lucario​
Greninja​
Ness
Captain Falcon​
Marth​
Ike​
Ice Climbers​
Wario
Pit​
Palutena​
Olimar / Alph​
Villager​
Wii Fit Trainer​
Little Mac​
Shulk​
Takamaru​
Lucina​
Sonic​
Mega Man​
PAC-MAN​
Mii Fighters​

Free updates
Tetra (3DS)​
Popo / Nana (3DS)​
Oimar / Alph (3DS)​
Wii Fit Trainer (3DS)​
Shulk (3DS)​
Mr. Game & Watch (Wii U)​
DeMille (Wii U)​
Dark Pit (Wii U)​
Robin (Wii U)​
Duck Hunt (Wii U)​

DLC
Rayman​
Ryu​
Lucas​
Cloud​
Roy​
Azura​
Bayonetta​
Base game
64MeleeBwlfor 3DS / Wii UNewcomersEcho Fighters
  • 1. Mario
  • 2. Donkey Kong
  • 3. Link
  • 4. Samus
  • 5. Yoshi
  • 6. Kirby
  • 7. Fox
  • 8. Pikachu
  • 9. Luigi
  • 10. Ness
  • 11. Captain Falcon
  • 12. Jigglypuff
  • 13. Bowser
  • 14. King Dedede
  • 15. Marth
  • 16. Mewtwo
  • 17. Peach
  • 18. Sheik
  • 19. Zelda
  • 20. Scizor
  • 21. Ice Climbers
  • 22. Wario
  • 23. Diddy Kong
  • 24. Ayumi
  • 25. Ganondorf
  • 26. Falco
  • 27. Roy
  • 28. Mr. Game & Watch
  • 29. Meta Knight
  • 30. Pit
  • 31. Zero Suit Samus
  • 32. Snake
  • 33. Ike
  • 34-36. Pokémon Trainer
    • Totodile
    • Grovyle
    • Charizard
  • 37. Lucas
  • 38. Sonic
  • 39. Olimar
  • 40. Lucario
  • 41. DeMille
  • 42. R.O.B.
  • 43. Tetra
  • 44. Wolf
  • 45. Villager
  • 46. Mega Man
  • 47. Wii Fit Trainer
  • 48. Rosalina & Luma
  • 49. Little Mac
  • 50. Greninja
  • 51-53. Mii Fighters
    • Brawler
    • Swordfighter
    • Gunner
  • 54. Palutena
  • 55. PAC-MAN
  • 56. Robin
  • 57. Shulk
  • 58. Bowser Jr.
  • 59. Takamaru
  • 60. Duck Hunt
  • 61. Rayman
  • 62. Ryu
  • 63. Cloud
  • 64. Azura
  • 65. Bayonetta
  • 66. Inkling
  • 67. Simon / Trevor
  • 68. Alucard
  • 69. Ridley
  • 70. King K. Rool
  • 71-72. Pyra / Mythra
  • 73. Bandana Waddle Dee
  • 74. Incineroar
  • 75. Waluigi
  1. (4ε.) Dark Samus
  2. (11ε.) Black Shadow
  3. (13ε.) Dry Bowser
  4. (15ε.) Lucina
  5. (17ε.) Daisy
  6. (23ε.) Dixie Kong
  7. (27ε.) Chrom
  8. (30ε.) Dark Pit
  9. (38ε.) Shadow
  10. (39ε.) Alph
  11. (49ε.) Glass Joe
  12. (56ε.) Celica
  13. (62ε.) Ken

DLC
FIghters Pass Vol. 1Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • 76. Joker​
  • 77. Slime​
  • 78. Crash Bandicoot​
  • 79. Estelle Bright​
  • 80. Terry Bogard​
  • 81. Banjo & Kazooie​
  • 82. Min Min​
  • 83. Steve​
  • 84. Sephiroth​
  • 85. Kazuya​
  • 86. Dr. Eggman​
  • 87. Sora​
Finally finished this, in case you missed it.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Update on my KH x YouTubething from earlier. I'm starting this series from Birth by Sleep then going chronologically onwards(And I'll get to Union Cross and Dark Road after III). And to give you guys a sneak peak, I'm going to list off the replacements for the Disney worlds for BBS:

Not all of the worlds will be 1:1, for example, none of the characters from Dream Island will be this universe's Mickey,Donald, Goofy, Pete,etc.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
There is this silly idea I've had in the back of my mind for a few weeks and I now have found the time and will to make it.
So what if the Super Smash Bros. series was on handheld instead of console? So far, I have only made a roster for the GB and one for the GBA, but I'm willing to make one for the DS as well. So, without any further ado, let's-a-go!
Roster_GB.png

Release date: January 21, 1999 (Japan)
Predictably so, the roster is quite small, as it only features six characters. I imagine that the game's engine would be very primitive and that the player would be only allowed to move, jump, double jump, and attack in four different directions (neutral, side, up, down). No tilts, smashes, or specials here, as the console only has two buttons. There's no grabbing or shielding either! The game would feature only three modes: Smash, Board the Platform (using the actual stages instead of dedicated ones), and 1P Game. Regular Smash could be played in free-for-all or in 1-on-1, the latter even with another player using the link cable. Only Stock matches are available, with the ability to choose between 1 and 6 stocks.
In order to make the engine even more simple, I'd divide the characters into three weight tiers: light (Kirby and Pikachu), medium (Mario and Link), and heavy (Samus and DK). The two characters in the same weight tier share the exact same weight. Finally, I'd give each character the exact same walking speed and jump height. I don't know if Kirby could be an exception, by giving him multiple midair jumps, but I'd be fine too even without it. If this game were ever to exist, it would be a small miracle, so I'd gladly sacrifice a bit of the characters' individual personality in order to fit all of them in.
  • Mario is of course present as the balanced, easy-to-pick character. He'd have very simple moves, but I'd still give him a few references, like a fireball for his down ground attack, or a hammer swing for his side ground attack. Mario's down aerial attack would definitely be his iconic stomp.
  • Link is another middleweight fighter, with a penchant for projectiles: he'd still use the bow, the bomb, the boomerang, and the fire rod even if the game doesn't feature special attacks. However, Link's shield wouldn't block incoming attacks, avoiding any unnecessary interactions.
  • Samus is our first heavyweight fighter. She is even more reliant on projectiles than Link, meaning that she has a hard time KO'ing her opponents unless she can find ways to shut down their recovery.
  • Kirby is a lightweight fighter. He'd probably lack his multiple midair jumps, but something I'm not ok excluding are his iconic copy abilities. Unlike in Smash, Kirby would gain copy abilities that are taken from his Kirby's Dream Land 2, depending on the inhaled character:
    • Mario --> Burning
    • Link --> Cutter
    • Samus --> Ice
    • Pikachu --> Spark
    • DK --> Stone
His other attacks would be based on other copy abilities, items from Kirby's Dream Land, or be made up.
  • Pikachu is an unlockable character. It'd have attacks based on a few Pokémon moves it can learn in Pokémon Red and Green Versions, namely Thunderbolt, Swift, Tail Whip, and Thunder. Yup, I'm giving Pikachu Thunder. It'd be a lot smaller, however.
  • Donkey Kong is our final character, and he's another unlockable one. He'd be the largest fighter, meaning he is an easy target to hit, but he'd make up for it in raw strength, being by far the strongest fighter in the roster. His down ground attack has him throw a barrel, meaning that he doesn't even lack a projectile!
Roster_Advance.png
Release date: January 21, 2003
This game would be released more than a full year after Melee. That is because I believe that the GBA would require some mileage before releasing a title like this, namely in the Pokémon department, a series that is growing to be larger and larger.
As for the roster, this iteration has 12 characters (double the amount of the first title), including all 6 veterans and adding 6 new characters, all coming from franchises that have had (as of the release date) games on the GBA.
In terms of gameplay, the term "Advance" in the game's title isn't just for showing: this version is an advanced version of its predecessor in every way: characters can now grab, shield, and dodge, have individual stats (as opposed to sharing walking speed, jumping height, and weight with other fighters), and even boast 3 recolors. Oh, the game itself is now colored (I'd imagine that on the GBC, the characters would just have some basic palettes based on the stage they're fighting in). Characters have also voice lines, though only a very few. Finally, characters can now charge some specific attacks, à la MultiVersus.
About modes, the game would retain the predecessor's Smash, Board the Platform, and 1P Game, all with some changes. For starters, Smash now gives the players the ability to play Time matches, to combine Time and Stocks, to play Team Matches (Blue v. Red teams only), and to connect with up to three friends for some 4-players action, while Board the Platform features three original stages, each for a specific difficulty setting (Normal, Hard, Very Hard).
Three new modes are Multi-Man Smash, which is essentially Infinite Smash, Break the Targets, which again features three original stages, designed for the three difficulties in mind, and All-Stars Mode, which pits the player against all the fighters in the game without any break.
  • Mario returns, relatively unchanged, aside for a couple of new moves that reference the Raccoon Tail from Super Mario Advance 4, which would be released a few months after Smash Advance.​
  • Luigi is a newcomer, being a full clone of Mario, with a few differences here and there, mostly in his stats. Generally, Luigi is weaker than Mario, but is faster and more agile than his brother. Luigi was one character I wish I could have added in the previous title, but I can't see him working on the GB: it would be impossible to distinguish between him and Mario.​
  • Link's design is now based on A Link to the Past, which saw a remake on the GBA. Additionally, Link now is able to block incoming projectiles with his shield.​
  • Samus's design has been overhauled too, now being based on Metroid Fusion, the newest entry in the franchise. Most of her attacks are unchanged, but she'd use a few attacks from Fusion here and there. She'd also boast the powerful Grapple Beam.​
  • Kirby's copy abilities are now based on Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and are as follow:
    • Mario --> Fire​
    • Luigi --> Hammer​
    • Link --> Cutter​
    • Samus --> Beam​
    • Pikachu --> Spark​
    • Donkey Kong --> Backdrop​
    • Eliwood --> Sword
    • Isaac --> Stone
    • Nell --> Bomb
    • Metagross --> Burning (due to the fact that Metagross is partially based on meteors)
He also gains the corresponding hats!
  • Pikachu forgot Tail Whip and learned how to use Volt Tackle! That's some real upgrade in power, isn't it?
  • DK returns relatively unchanged, but the ability to charge some attacks is appreciated by a heavy hitter like him.
  • Eliwood is our Fire Emblem representative, being from the still unreleased Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. I'd say that the series hasn't arrived overseas yet, to Eliwood would basically be the equivalent of Marth and Roy in Melee. He'd retain Marth's elegant fighting style without the tipper.
  • Wario is our first unlockable fighter. His appearance would mostly be based on Wario Land, considering that he has had way more appearances with that style than WarioWare. Notably, Wario Land 4 would have been released, meaning he has a clear source of his moveset.
  • Isaac is another unlockable fighter and he'd be a bit of a gamble, though I believe that his uniqueness is more than enough to warrant a spot on the roster. He'd trade some of Eliwood's speed for power and magic.
  • If you had a nickel for every time LoZ00 has added Nell to one of his roster, you'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. She'd be another unlockable character, summoning soldiers to fight for her.
  • Finally, Metagross is our last (unlockable) character, and our second Pokémon. I chose it because I wanted a Gen 3 Pokémon and the ace of the Champion Steven Stone felt fitting. Metagross would also be the heaviest fighter in the game, though not the largest, as that title would probably still belong to DK.

I'm planning to do a sequel for the Nintendo DS, so maybe stay tuned (I can't promise anything).

There is this silly idea I've had in the back of my mind for a few weeks and I now have found the time and will to make it.
So what if the Super Smash Bros. series was on handheld instead of console? So far, I have only made a roster for the GB and one for the GBA, but I'm willing to make one for the DS as well. So, without any further ado, let's-a-go!
View attachment 373785
Predictably so, the roster is quite small, as it only features six characters. I imagine that the game's engine would be very primitive and that the player would be only allowed to move, jump, double jump, and attack in four different directions (neutral, side, up, down). No tilts, smashes, or specials here, as the console only has two buttons. There's no grabbing or shielding either! The game would feature only three modes: Smash, Board the Platform (using the actual stages instead of dedicated ones), and 1P Game. Regular Smash could be played in free-for-all or in 1-on-1, the latter even with another player using the link cable. Only Stock matches are available, with the ability to choose between 1 and 6 stocks.
In order to make the engine even more simple, I'd divide the characters into three weight tiers: light (Kirby and Pikachu), medium (Mario and Link), and heavy (Samus and DK). The two characters in the same weight tier share the exact same weight. Finally, I'd give each character the exact same walking speed and jump height. I don't know if Kirby could be an exception, by giving him multiple midair jumps, but I'd be fine too even without it. If this game were ever to exist, it would be a small miracle, so I'd gladly sacrifice a bit of the characters' individual personality in order to fit all of them in.
  • Mario is of course present as the balanced, easy-to-pick character. He'd have very simple moves, but I'd still give him a few references, like a fireball for his down ground attack, or a hammer swing for his side ground attack. Mario's down aerial attack would definitely be his iconic stomp.
  • Link is another middleweight fighter, with a penchant for projectiles: he'd still use the bow, the bomb, the boomerang, and the fire rod even if the game doesn't feature special attacks. However, Link's shield wouldn't block incoming attacks, avoiding any unnecessary interactions.
  • Samus is our first heavyweight fighter. She is even more reliant on projectiles than Link, meaning that she has a hard time KO'ing her opponents unless she can find ways to shut down their recovery.
  • Kirby is a lightweight fighter. He'd probably lack his multiple midair jumps, but something I'm not ok excluding are his iconic copy abilities. Unlike in Smash, Kirby would gain copy abilities that are taken from his Kirby's Dream Land 2, depending on the inhaled character:
    • Mario --> Burning
    • Link --> Cutter
    • Samus --> Ice
    • Pikachu --> Spark
    • DK --> Stone
His other attacks would be based on other copy abilities, items from Kirby's Dream Land, or be made up.
  • Pikachu is an unlockable character. It'd have attacks based on a few Pokémon moves it can learn in Pokémon Red and Green Versions, namely Thunderbolt, Swift, Tail Whip, and Thunder. Yup, I'm giving Pikachu Thunder. It'd be a lot smaller, however.
  • Donkey Kong is our final character, and he's another unlockable one. He'd be the largest fighter, meaning he is an easy target to hit, but he'd make up for it in raw strength, being by far the strongest fighter in the roster. His down ground attack has him throw a barrel, meaning that he doesn't even lack a projectile!
This game would be released more than a full year after Melee. That is because I believe that the GBA would require some mileage before releasing a title like this, namely in the Pokémon department, a series that is growing to be larger and larger.
As for the roster, this iteration has 12 characters (double the amount of the first title), including all 6 veterans and adding 6 new characters, all coming from franchises that have had (as of the release date) games on the GBA.
In terms of gameplay, the term "Advance" in the game's title isn't just for showing: this version is an advanced version of its predecessor in every way: characters can now grab, shield, and dodge, have individual stats (as opposed to sharing walking speed, jumping height, and weight with other fighters), and even boast 3 recolors. Oh, the game itself is now colored (I'd imagine that on the GBC, the characters would just have some basic palettes based on the stage they're fighting in). Characters have also voice lines, though only a very few. Finally, characters can now charge some specific attacks, à la MultiVersus.
About modes, the game would retain the predecessor's Smash, Board the Platform, and 1P Game, all with some changes. For starters, Smash now gives the players the ability to play Time matches, to combine Time and Stocks, to play Team Matches (Blue v. Red teams only), and to connect with up to three friends for some 4-players action, while Board the Platform features three original stages, each for a specific difficulty setting (Normal, Hard, Very Hard).
Three new modes are Multi-Man Smash, which is essentially Infinite Smash, Break the Targets, which again features three original stages, designed for the three difficulties in mind, and All-Stars Mode, which pits the player against all the fighters in the game without any break.
  • Mario returns, relatively unchanged, aside for a couple of new moves that reference the Raccoon Tail from Super Mario Advance 4, which would be released a few months after Smash Advance.​
  • Luigi is a newcomer, being a full clone of Mario, with a few differences here and there, mostly in his stats. Generally, Luigi is weaker than Mario, but is faster and more agile than his brother. Luigi was one character I wish I could have added in the previous title, but I can't see him working on the GB: it would be impossible to distinguish between him and Mario.​
  • Link's design is now based on A Link to the Past, which saw a remake on the GBA. Additionally, Link now is able to block incoming projectiles with his shield.​
  • Samus's design has been overhauled too, now being based on Metroid Fusion, the newest entry in the franchise. Most of her attacks are unchanged, but she'd use a few attacks from Fusion here and there. She'd also boast the powerful Grapple Beam.​
  • Kirby's copy abilities are now based on Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and are as follow:​
    • Mario --> Fire​
    • Luigi --> Hammer​
    • Link --> Cutter​
    • Samus --> Beam​
    • Pikachu --> Spark​
    • Eliwood --> Sword
    • Isaac --> Stone
    • Nell --> Bomb
    • Metagross --> Burning (due to the fact that Metagross is partially based on meteors)
  • Pikachu forgot Tail Whip and learned how to use Volt Tackle! That's some real upgrade in power, isn't it?
  • DK returns relatively unchanged, but the ability to charge some attacks is appreciated by a heavy hitter like him.
  • Eliwood is our Fire Emblem representative, being from the still unreleased Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. I'd say that the series hasn't arrived overseas yet, to Eliwood would basically be the equivalent of Marth and Roy in Melee. He'd retain Marth's elegant fighting style without the tipper.
  • Wario is our first unlockable fighter. His appearance would mostly be based on Wario Land, considering that he has had way more appearances with that style than WarioWare. Notably, Wario Land 4 would have been released, meaning he has a clear source of his moveset.
  • Isaac is another unlockable fighter and he'd be a bit of a gamble, though I believe that his uniqueness is more than enough to warrant a spot on the roster. He'd trade some of Eliwood's speed for power and magic.
  • If you had a nickel for every time LoZ00 has added Nell to one of his roster, you'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. She'd be another unlockable character, summoning soldiers to fight for her.
  • Finally, Metagross is our last (unlockable) character, and our second Pokémon. I chose it because I wanted a Gen 3 Pokémon and the ace of the Champion Steven Stone felt fitting. Metagross would also be the heaviest fighter in the game, though not the largest, as that title would probably still belong to DK.

I'm planning to do a sequel for the Nintendo DS, so maybe stay tuned (I can't promise anything).
This is certainly a surprise to me. Nevertheless, I'm intrigued.

Smash Bros. on the Game Boy would likely be an Exhibit as to why the GBA needed to happen, because that's just limiting itself.

However, I will say positively that the six characters you did choose were the best picks from that era. Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, and Pikachu. The best of the best.

Giving Kirby some real copy abilities just sounds so good. Might even be worth trying out this obviously truncated gameplay.

Only two unlockable characters? Ouch. Luckily, they're Pikachu and Donkey Kong.

Right off the bat, the GBA sequel improves over its predecessor.

Our six newcomers are Luigi, Eliwood, Wario, Isaac, Nell, and Metagross. Honestly, the most irreplacable ones are Luigi, Wario, and Isaac. And even then, Isaac might be debatable.

As for the third entry on the 3DS, mind if I give you some suggestions for that game's newcomers?
  • Yoshi
  • Fox
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Bowser
  • Peach
  • Ganondorf
  • Mewtwo
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • Pit
  • Ike
  • Charizard
  • Diddy Kong
  • King Dedede
  • Lucas (It's either him or Ness, admittedly.)
  • Olimar
  • Lucario
  • Toon Link
  • Villager
  • Little Mac
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • King K. Rool
  • Sonic
  • Pac-Man
  • Mega Man
  • Ryu
  • Banjo and Kazooie
I know not everyone there would make it in, and some of them might never get the chance. But I'm just throwing stuff out from the actual console rosters.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
This is certainly a surprise to me. Nevertheless, I'm intrigued.

Smash Bros. on the Game Boy would likely be an Exhibit as to why the GBA needed to happen, because that's just limiting itself.

However, I will say positively that the six characters you did choose were the best picks from that era. Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, and Pikachu. The best of the best.

Giving Kirby some real copy abilities just sounds so good. Might even be worth trying out this obviously truncated gameplay.

Only two unlockable characters? Ouch. Luckily, they're Pikachu and Donkey Kong.

Right off the bat, the GBA sequel improves over its predecessor.

Our six newcomers are Luigi, Eliwood, Wario, Isaac, Nell, and Metagross. Honestly, the most irreplacable ones are Luigi, Wario, and Isaac. And even then, Isaac might be debatable.

As for the third entry on the 3DS, mind if I give you some suggestions for that game's newcomers?
  • Yoshi
  • Fox
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Bowser
  • Peach
  • Ganondorf
  • Mewtwo
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • Pit
  • Ike
  • Charizard
  • Diddy Kong
  • King Dedede
  • Lucas (It's either him or Ness, admittedly.)
  • Olimar
  • Lucario
  • Toon Link
  • Villager
  • Little Mac
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • King K. Rool
  • Sonic
  • Pac-Man
  • Mega Man
  • Ryu
  • Banjo and Kazooie
I know not everyone there would make it in, and some of them might never get the chance. But I'm just throwing stuff out from the actual console rosters.
The characters I selected were chosen, especially for the GBA, thinking about the games released on that handheld. So that’s why we have so many weird picks (namely Nell, Metagross, Eliwood, and Isaac).

About the amount of unlockable characters in Smash for the GB:
1. I couldn’t have had fewer than 4 starting characters, since you may want to play a free-for-all, but the GB doesn’t support colors (and even the GBC has limited prowess in that sense), so I had to have 4 starters. A free-for-all with the game booted up for the first time would basically be Mario, Link
2. Regardless of that, it is the exact same proportion of starters vs. unlockables seen in Smash 64 (and Smash Advance), with 2/3 of the roster being base, and 1/3 being unlockable.

I already have planned the roster for my DS sequel, so I can’t use your suggestions, but I might end up making a 3DS roster too, so some of these characters might see the light of day for that one!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Armageddon

1: Mario
2: Donkey Kong
3: Link
4: Samus
5: Kirby
6: Fox
7: Pikachu
8: Luigi
9: Bowser
10: Zelda
11: Marth
12: Ganondorf
13: Mewtwo
14: Pit
15: Wario
16: Sonic
17: King Dedede
18: Olimar
19: Mega Man
20: Little Mac
21: Pac-Man
22: Shulk
23: Cloud Strife
24: Inkling
25: Simon Belmont
26: Isabelle
27: Incineroar
28: Banjo and Kazooie
29: Byleth
30: Min Min

For this Smash roster, I'm taking a chainsaw to the bloated roster of Ultimate. I'm also reworking a lot of movesets for the characters that survive.

You read this list correctly. Most of the franchises only get one rep, except for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, and Fire Emblem. Kirby and FE only got two fighters, actually.

Plus, only a fifth of this lineup are from third-party developers, with only one character per company and cutting off the less mainstream devs as well.

I almost called this game Free-For Madness, named after the anti-pot movie Reefer Madness. But I chose something less adult for the subtitle.

What do you guys think?
I like the roster overall, and it’s cool to see Byleth and Cloud on it. The only things that feel missing are Yoshi and Peach.

View attachment 373785
    • Mario --> Burning
    • Link --> Cutter
    • Samus --> Ice
    • Pikachu --> Spark
    • DK --> Stone
  • Kirby's copy abilities are now based on Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and are as follow:​
    • Mario --> Fire​
    • Luigi --> Hammer​
    • Link --> Cutter​
    • Samus --> Beam​
    • Pikachu --> Spark​
    • Eliwood --> Sword
    • Isaac --> Stone
    • Nell --> Bomb

This is a cool concept that I’ve thought of before. Here’s how I would’ve approached the rosters.
Gameboy
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu:
I agree with you on the choices that you made. The only other character that I considered was Fox, but he didn’t have a handheld game, and arguably all of these characters were more established than him at the time.
I’d probably make Samus and Kirby the unlockable fighters as Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link were the biggest protagonists of the ‘90, and Pikachu was the newly popular character.
GBA
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:
:ultkirby::ultfox::ultwario::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo:
Sami
I feel like Luigi and Bowser are the most important characters missing in the Gameboy version.
While Fox didn’t have a handheld release until the DS, his series was popular, and there was Star Fox Adventures in development.
Wario was a major player in handheld consoles.
A second pokemon was important to add. I thought about a Hoenn pokemon, but I’m unsure if I’d know anything about the region at the time. I went with Mewtwo as it was popular, and it was the final battle in the original games and the Stadium games.
Sami is kind of an arbitrary choice, but Advance Wars was relevant at the time, and it was more established compared to Pikmin, Golden Sun, and Animal Crossing. I considered a Fire Emblem character, but it might be better to start with a character who was in the West at the time.
Unlockable fighters would be Bowser, Wario, Mewtwo, and Sami.
DS
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultfox::ultfalco::ultdk:
:ultvillager:Sami:ultike::ultpit::ultsnake::ultsonic:
I found this one to be hard as there are many fighters that I want to add, but I cannot see myself adding more than twice the fighters. I don’t think anyone would be cut, and even then, Mewtwo would probably be the only one as Pokemon has a huge cast with one true mascot, and the other franchises were relevant at the time.
I could not see myself excluding Peach or Yoshi at this point.
Ganondorf is our next LoZ fighter.
King Dedede is a major character from Kirby, and I felt like Kirby was more relevant than Donkey Kong at the time.
Lucario is a promotional pokemon.
I’d want to add more franchises. If I had to choose, I would consider Pikmin, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing. In the end, I went with Villager and Ike as they’re less complex to come up with than Olimar. This is a weird scenario where Marth is not SSB’s poster child for Fire Emblem.
I feel like I’d want a throwback character in this entry. I thought Pit seemed cool in terms of moveset.
Falco and Toon Link should be easy enough to add.
I feel like Snake and Sonic would be requested, so they join.
For unlockable content, I’d assume that Wario, Ganondorf, Toon Link, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Falco, Sami, and Ike would be unlockable.
3DS
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultike::ultchrom::ultpit::ultshulk:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultfalco:
:ultvillager::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer:
Sami:ultlittlemac::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultpacman:
:ultmegaman::ultsonic::ultgreninja::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultmiifighters:
Given that I don’t have any technical limitations, I don’t see the need to cut anyone outside of Snake.
If I had more development time/stronger equipment, I would’ve added Diddy, Charizard, and Olimar in my proposed DS version.
Zelda, Meta Knight, and Miis are important characters where it’d look weird without them.
I like Rosalina’s gimmick, and it’s probably the most complex thing that add outside of Pyra/Mythra.
I still want to add an Awakening character because of its importance to Fire Emblem, but I cannot see myself going with Robin as I feel like Chrom is distinct enough from Ike.
I like the idea of adding new series, and Xenoblade worked out the best.
Little Mac would be the throwback pick.
I like Wii Fit Trainer as an oddball pick.
Pac-Man and Mega Man feel like they’d be next in line in terms of third parties.
Clones are relatively straightforward where Daisy takes Dr. Mario’s spot, and Lucina is Chrom’s clone.
For DLC, I’m fine with the third parties as is. For the first/second party ones, I think that I would’ve gone through with a promotional pokemon, and Bowser Jr. is a pretty important/requested character.
The unlockable fighters would be Rosalina, Ike, Shulk, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Falco, Wii Fit Trainer, Sami, Daisy, Dark Pit, and Lucina.
Switch
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultkirby::ultluigi::ultfox::ultbowser::ultwario::ultmewtwo:
Sami:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultyoshi::ultlucario::ultvillager::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:
:ultkingdedede::ultfalco::ultike::ultdiddy::ultzelda::ultcharizard::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultolimar::ultalph::ultlittlemac::ultpacman:
:ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultmetaknight::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultgreninja::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling:
:ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultcorrin::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultjoker::ulthero2::ultbanjokazooie:
:ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultsteve:Tidus(:ultmythra:/:ultpyra:):ultkazuya::ultsora::ultmiifighters:
All of the base game Ultimate fighters are fine with me. As Chrom and Daisy were already added, I’d have Alph join as Olimar’s echo.
Because Snake is my only returning veteran, and there were 47 veterans instead of 65, I think that I’d be able to add a few more newcomers in this entry. While it wasn’t promoted in the 3DS one, I feel like Fates would still be represented on the roster as this was only the fourth Fire Emblem character instead of the sixth. While they were requested, I don’t think I would’ve gone through with Bandana Waddle Dee or Waluigi. I wanted a couple more retros, and Ness and Duck Hunt seem cool to me.
For DLC, the major changes would be that there is no bonus fighter, Byleth would be more like Robin in terms of moveset, and Tidus takes Sephiroth’s spot out of pure bias than anything else.
I don’t think this game would have eight player mode, and I can make an unlock order later where only Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and Pikachu are the only starters.
Kirby
Samus
Villager
Inkling
Bowser
Charizard
Ganondorf
Lucina
Olimar
Ridley
King K Rool
Sonic