• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
After an English, a Polish, and a Canadian fighting game roster get read for an Italy-based platform-fighting game: Perilous Pizza, Mamma Mia! (yes, that's the game's full name)
ItalianRoster_Small.png
For the roster, I only used characters that were made in Italy, with a couple of caveats here and there... well, maybe more than a few. Since I don't expect that everyone around here is Italian, I imagine that they might be a bit puzzled about these characters. Perhaps, they recognized three or four here and there. So sit down, take a cappuccino and let me explain who these fellas are. Let's-a-go!

And here it is some music that you might want to listen to while reading this description.

Since I don't think that these characters are that iconic, I want to stress that I'm going to explain them from left to right, row after row. In order to make it easier to follow, I'm coloring the characters' names either green, white, or red, depending on the color I used for their spot (which is entirely cosmetic).
  • It might seem odd to start with a cowboy in an all-Italian fighting game, but believe me, Tex Willer is one of if not the most iconic comic book hero made in Italy. As such, I believe that Tex should be the beginner-friendly character of the game, though I'm not sure if he'd fit a true shoto archetype. He'd definitely wield his weapons (two .45 Colt and a Winchester rifle, which I guess would act similarly to Snake's forward Smash) though!
  • Did you know that Pinocchio doesn't look at all like the Disney version of the character? Carlo Collodi's The Adventures of Pinocchio is set in Tuscany, while Disney did set his Pinocchio in a more Tyrolese setting. And also, did you know that The Adventures of Pinocchio is the third most translated book in the history, after the Bible and The Little Prince? In this game, Pinocchio would attack using his nose to poke opponents and by referencing his story book in various ways, either by using paraphernalia or by summoning the characters he meets. His final attack would definitely involve the opponents being eaten by the Dogfish.
  • Dylan Dog is yet another very popular comic book character, second only to Tex and someone you'll be acquainted to in no time. His moveset would be rather basic, but his personality would definitely transpire mostly in his animations. Some of his moves however would feature his gun and some paranormal paraphernalia (maybe it should be called parainfernalia?)
  • This might be cheating a bit, but I HAD to include some characters portrayed by Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. Choosing one for Terence was easy, as Trinity immediately comes to mind, but for Bud it was not. So I opted to directly put them in the game, instead of their characters. For those of you who don't know, Bud Spencer (real name: Carlo Perdersoli) and Terence Hill (real name: Mario Girotti) are some of Italy's most famous actors: their popularity was (and still is) huge in Italy, some countries of Eastern Europe (where their western movies would be available, unlike the American ones) and even in other European countries, such as Germany (Berlin currently hosts a museum dedicated to Bud Spencer). On top of these, they were extremely kind and generous persons (Terence Hill still is), so I wanted to pay an homage to these two giants of Italian cinema. They would act as stance-changing fighters, kind of like Zelda and Sheik. Bud Spencer would be a heavyweight, burly fighter while Terence Hill would be a rushdown character. It would be kind of like switching between Ganondorf and Fox, in a way, but without the latter's projectiles. As for their movesets... well, in their movies, Bud and Terence always throw some comedically powerful punches and kicks, so there should be no trouble in finding the right moves for them.
  • Satanik is one of the most obscure choices in this roster (even for an Italian), but I wanted to boost female representation and I also wanted a full-on villain. Satanik would attack using the mixtures and brews she prepares. Not only that, but Satanik is also a master of the supernatural, meaning that she could summon demons to attack her opponents.
  • Diabolik is, along with Tex, Italy's most popular comic book character (Italy has a lot of comic book characters, I know). His moveset would revolve around his iconic daggers and athletics. Much like Satanik, Diabolik is another "villain", this time being a master thief, though not as evil as Satanik. I pondered about adding Diabolik's fiancée, Eva Kant, on top of him, but I decided that I wanted to stick with one character per "universe".
  • Inspector Salvo Montalbano is yet another very popular Italian character, this time coming from the pen of the late Andrea Camilleri. For the game, however, I wanted to use Montalbano's more iconic look from the TV series, where he's portrayed by Luca Zingaretti. His moveset would be kind of basic, but I felt that a character that is known for his literary and TV appearances deserved a spot, and we need someone to keep Diabolik and Satanik in check...
  • Ranging from a realistic pick to a complete fantastic one, Bloom represents the Winx Club animated series. Bloom's moveset would be fairly (pun intended) easy to implement, as she already has the power of fire at her disposal. Other than that, I believe that she should be strong in midair, due to her flight ability.
  • Pimpa is our penultimate comic book character, but she is fairly different from the ones seen before, as her stories are aimed to children. As such, her moveset would revolve around things that children use to play, like pencils, kites, balls, and so on. She could also fly a plane if needed, as Pimpa flying a plane is somewhat common. Pimpa would be one of the lightest characters in the game, though not as light as...
  • The black chick Calimero! This adorable little chick was the mascot of an Italian cleanser but became so popular that he even had an animated series co-produced in Italy and Japan (!!). Other than being somewhat iconic on his own right, Calimero represents the so called "Carosello" (carousel in Italian), an Italian TV program airing from 1957 to 1977 that mixed short sketches (both animated and in live-action) as well as advertisement. Notably, Carosello was allegedly the last show that kids were allowed to see before having to go to the bed. Or at least, that's what my mom always tells me.
  • Geronimo Stilton is the protagonist of the eponymous series of children books that has seen moderate success worldwide, as well as groundbreaking success in Italy. Geronimo has appeared in more than 100 books, so he has a lot of source material to pull from for a moveset. Though Geronimo is more on the tranquil side, being a very calm and intellectual rodent. Maybe we could pull another Velma out of him, who knows?
  • Bellona is probably my most controversial pick. I wanted someone from Roman myths, but I had no idea on who to pick. I was this close from picking Quirinus, one of the original Roman gods, but in the end I went with Bellona for a couple of reasons. First, her appearance in Smite made her a somewhat popular, though still niche, deity. Secondly, I wanted more female fighters and finally I also wanted someone that could wield some weapons, since most of the characters so far wield, at most, a gun. Bellona is a heavy hitter, using many weapons, but mostly focusing on the pilum (the Roman javelin), the spatha (the Roman longsword), and clubs and mace for good measure.
The last six characters are unlockable.
  • Alberto the Wolf is our final comic book character and he'd represent the more Looney Toones-esque version of comics, using chaotic attacks that take full advantage of Alberto's stretchy body. He also employs some paraphernalia used by farmers, seeing how Alberto usually is around farms, looking for his beloved Marta, a chicken.
  • Pulcinella was chosen as the representative of Italy's many characters from the commedia dell'arte (roughly and literally translated as "comedy of the profession" in English), a series of theatrical comedies that were played between the 16th and 18th centuries. Pulcinella in particular represents the everyman that wants to become richer and does so by doing many different jobs. Pulcinella's most iconic traits however are his cunning and his inability to keep a secret (in Italy, "Pulcinella's secret" is a slang referred to something everyone knows). Pulcinella was chosen over Arlecchino because he could represent Naples, since Pulcinella's mask does come from that city, and I wanted some characters that could represent Southern Italy and Naples in particular, due to its very unique and picturesque folklore. Also, Pulcinella might be the only character in the game that can use a pizza to attack his enemies, who knows.
  • Dante Alighieri is definitely a stretch, probably even more so than Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, but there's a caveat to it. So, Dante Alighieri wrote the Divine Comedy, a not-so-comedic poem written in the 14th century. The Divine Comedy is still widely considered to be the most important work in Italian literature and among the greatest works in the history of worldwide literature. Notably, the Divine Comedy was a key work in creating a standardized Italian language, using the Tuscan dialect and, more specifically, the one from Florence. This poem tells the story of none other than... Dante Alighieri himself, traveling through Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso, so I thought that Dante's presence in a game like this was not that far-fetched. His moveset would revolve around the many punishments that the condemned souls suffer in Inferno and Purgatorio.
  • Sandokan is yet another literature-based character, and the last one at that. Sandokan is a heroic pirate that fights the evil and, most famously the Malaysia tiger. His appearance in the game would DEFINITELY be based on Kabir Bedi's portrayal of the character in the 1976 TV series, by far the most important appearance of the character. Sandokan fights using his scimitar and dagger, taking advantage of his speed and agility to overwhelm his opponents.
  • Did you know that Indivisible was published and is still owned by an Italian company, 505 Games? I wanted to pull a character straight from the video-game universe and Anja felt like the best choice, even if she was invented by an American developer team. Anja's moveset would revolve around her axe & the ability to summon the many characters she can absorb in her game. I actually never played Indivisible, though I always wanted to. Welp, I guess I have a backlog of games, now that TotK is taking me so much time to finish...
  • Finally, our last character is... Ciao? What's that? Ciao is the admittedly pretty ugly mascot of the 1990 FIFA World Cup, which was disputed in Italy. Italy has a penchant for soccer, much like most European countries, but the 1990 World Cup is still a very important social phenomenon here in Italy, even if we didn't even won it (congratulations to Germany)! As a matter of fact, the best player of that competition, Totò Schillaci, is still renowned and he is considered to be one of the most iconic soccer players in Italy. Ciao would work kind of similar to LeBron James in MultiVersus, but instead of playing basketball he'd obviously play soccer and he'd do so by using... his head? Also, unlike LeBron, I imagine that Ciao would be able to switch between a soccer more and a "normal" mode, where he returns his soccer ball to his head.
So that's it for my attempt at an Italian platform fighting game. I'm rather proud of this, tbf, and in hindsight I might have gone the extra-mile and added 24 characters instead of only 18. Shoutout to Befana, Gabibbo, and Maciste, who would have definitely made it if I were braver.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
After an English, a Polish, and a Canadian fighting game roster get read for an Italy-based platform-fighting game: Perilous Pizza, Mamma Mia! (yes, that's the game's full name)
For the roster, I only used characters that were made in Italy, with a couple of caveats here and there... well, maybe more than a few. Since I don't expect that everyone around here is Italian, I imagine that they might be a bit puzzled about these characters. Perhaps, they recognized three or four here and there. So sit down, take a cappuccino and let me explain who these fellas are. Let's-a-go!

And here some music that you might want to listen to while reading this description.

Since I don't think that these characters are that iconic, I want to stress that I'm going to explain them from left to right, row after row. In order to make it easier to follow, I'm coloring the characters' names either green, white, or red, depending on the color I used for their spot (which is entirely cosmetic).
  • It might seem odd to start with a cowboy in an all-Italian fighting game, but believe me, Tex Willer is one of if not the most iconic comic book hero made in Italy. As such, I believe that Tex should be the beginner-friendly character of the game, though I'm not sure if he'd fit a true shoto archetype. He'd definitely wield his weapons (two .45 Colt and a Winchester rifle, which I guess would act similarly to Snake's forward Smash) though!
  • Did you know that Pinocchio doesn't look at all like the Disney version of the character? Carlo Collodi's The Adventures of Pinocchio is set in Tuscany, while Disney did set his Pinocchio in a more Tyrolese setting. And also, did you know that The Adventures of Pinocchio is the third most translated book in the history, after the Bible and The Little Prince? In this game, Pinocchio would attack using his nose to poke opponents and by referencing his story book in various ways, either by using paraphernalia or by summoning the characters he meets. His final attack would definitely involve the opponents being eaten by the Dogfish.
  • Dylan Dog is yet another very popular comic book character, second only to Tex and someone you'll be acquainted to in no time. His moveset would be rather basic, but his personality would definitely transpire mostly in his animations. Some of his moves however would feature his gun and some paranormal paraphernalia (maybe it should be called parainfernalia?)
  • This might be cheating a bit, but I HAD to include some characters portrayed by Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. Choosing one for Terence was easy, as Trinity immediately comes to mind, but for Bud it was not. So I opted to directly put them in the game, instead of their characters. For those of you who don't know, Bud Spencer (real name: Carlo Perdersoli) and Terence Hill (real name: Mario Girotti) are some of Italy's most famous actors: their popularity was (and still is) huge in Italy, some countries of Eastern Europe (where their western movies would be available, unlike the American ones) and even in other European countries, such as Germany (Berlin currently hosts a museum dedicated to Bud Spencer). On top of these, they were extremely kind and generous persons (Terence Hill still is), so I wanted to pay an homage to these two giants of Italian cinema. They would act as stance-changing fighters, kind of like Zelda and Sheik. Bud Spencer would be a heavyweight, burly fighter while Terence Hill would be a rushdown character. It would be kind of like switching between Ganondorf and Fox, in a way, but without the latter's projectiles. As for their movesets... well, in their movies, Bud and Terence always throw some comedically powerful punches and kicks, so there should be no trouble in finding the right moves for them.
  • Satanik is one of the most obscure choices in this roster (even for an Italian), but I wanted to boost female representation and I also wanted a full-on villain. Satanik would attack using the mixtures and brews she prepares. Not only that, but Satanik is also a master of the supernatural, meaning that she could summon demons to attack her opponents.
  • Diabolik is, along with Tex, Italy's most popular comic book character (Italy has a lot of comic book characters, I know). His moveset would revolve around his iconic daggers and athletics. Much like Satanik, Diabolik is another "villain", this time being a master thief, though not as evil as Satanik. I pondered about adding Diabolik's fiancée, Eva Kant, on top of him, but I decided that I wanted to stick with one character per "universe".
  • Inspector Salvo Montalbano is yet another very popular Italian character, this time coming from the pen of the late Andrea Camilleri. For the game, however, I wanted to use Montalbano's more iconic look from the TV series, where he's portrayed by Luca Zingaretti. His moveset would be kind of basic, but I felt that a character that is known for his literary and TV appearances deserved a spot, and we need someone to keep Diabolik and Satanik in check...
  • Ranging from a realistic pick to a complete fantastic one, Bloom represents the Winx Club animated series. Bloom's moveset would be fairly (pun intended) easy to implement, as she already has the power of fire at her disposal. Other than that, I believe that she should be strong in midair, due to her flight ability.
  • Pimpa is our penultimate comic book character, but she is fairly different from the ones seen before, as her stories are aimed to children. As such, her moveset would revolve around things that children use to play, like pencils, kites, balls, and so on. She could also fly a plane if needed, as Pimpa flying a plane is somewhat common. Pimpa would be one of the lightest characters in the game, though not as light as...
  • The black chick Calimero! This adorable little chick was the mascot of an Italian cleanser but became so popular that he even had an animated series co-produced in Italy and Japan (!!). Other than being somewhat iconic on his own right, Calimero represents the so called "Carosello" (carousel in Italian), an Italian TV program airing from 1957 to 1977 that mixed short sketches (both animated and in live-action) as well as advertisement. Notably, Carosello was allegedly the last show that kids were allowed to see before having to go to the bed. Or at least, that's what my mom always tells me.
  • Geronimo Stilton is the protagonist of the eponymous series of children books that has seen moderate success worldwide, as well as groundbreaking success in Italy. Geronimo has appeared in more than 100 books, so he has a lot of source material to pull from for a moveset. Though Geronimo is more on the tranquil side, being a very calm and intellectual rodent. Maybe we could pull another Velma out of him, who knows?
  • Bellona is probably my most controversial pick. I wanted someone from Roman myths, but I had no idea on who to pick. I was this close from picking Quirinus, one of the original Roman gods, but in the end I went with Bellona for a couple of reasons. First, her appearance in Smite made her a somewhat popular, though still niche, deity. Secondly, I wanted more female fighters and finally I also wanted someone that could wield some weapons, since most of the characters so far wield, at most, a gun. Bellona is a heavy hitter, using many weapons, but mostly focusing on the pilum (the Roman javelin), the spatha (the Roman longsword), and clubs and mace for good measure.
  • Alberto the Wolf is our final comic book character and he'd represent the more Looney Toones-esque version of comics, using chaotic attacks that take full advantage of Alberto's stretchy body. He also employs some paraphernalia used by farmers, seeing how Alberto usually is around farms, looking for his beloved Marta, a chicken.
  • Pulcinella was chosen as the representative of Italy's many characters from the commedia dell'arte (roughly and literally translated as "comedy of the profession" in English), a series of theatrical comedies that were played between the 16th and 18th centuries. Pulcinella in particular represents the everyman that wants to become richer and does so by doing many different jobs. Pulcinella's most iconic traits however are his cunning and his inability to keep a secret (in Italy, "Pulcinella's secret" is a slang referred to something everyone knows). Pulcinella was chosen over Arlecchino because he could represent Naples, since Pulcinella's mask does come from that city, and I wanted some characters that could represent Southern Italy and Naples in particular, due to its very unique and picturesque folklore. Also, Pulcinella might be the only character in the game that can use a pizza to attack his enemies, who knows.
  • Dante Alighieri is definitely a stretch, probably even more so than Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, but there's a caveat to it. So, Dante Alighieri wrote the Divine Comedy, a not-so-comedic poem written in the 14th century. The Divine Comedy is still widely considered to be the most important work in Italian literature and among the greatest works in the history of worldwide literature. Notably, the Divine Comedy was a key work in creating a standardized Italian language, using the Tuscan dialect and, more specifically, the one from Florence. This poem tells the story of none other than... Dante Alighieri himself, traveling through Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso, so I thought that Dante's presence in a game like this was not that far-fetched. His moveset would revolve around the many punishments that the condemned souls suffer in Inferno and Purgatorio.
  • Sandokan is yet another literature-based character, and the last one at that. Sandokan is a heroic pirate that fights the evil and, most famously the Malaysia tiger. His appearance in the game would DEFINITELY be based on Kabir Bedi's portrayal of the character in the 1976 TV series, by far the most important appearance of the character. Sandokan fights using his scimitar and dagger, taking advantage of his speed and agility to overwhelm his opponents.
  • Did you know that Indivisible was published and is still owned by an Italian company, 505 Games? I wanted to pull a character straight from the video-game universe and Anja felt like the best choice, even if she was invented by an American developer team. Anja's moveset would revolve around her axe & the ability to summon the many characters she can absorb in her game. I actually never played Indivisible, though I always wanted to. Welp, I guess I have a backlog of games, now that TotK is taking me so much time to finish...
  • Finally, our last character is... Ciao? What's that? Ciao is the admittedly pretty ugly mascot of the 1990 FIFA World Cup, which was disputed in Italy. Italy has a penchant for soccer, much like most European countries, but the 1990 World Cup is still a very important social phenomenon here in Italy, even if we didn't even won it (congratulations to Germany)! As a matter of fact, the best player of that competition, Totò Schillaci, is still renowned and he is considered to be one of the most iconic soccer players in Italy. Ciao would work kind of similar to LeBron James in MultiVersus, but instead of playing basketball he'd obviously play soccer and he'd do so by using... his head? Also, unlike LeBron, I imagine that Ciao would be able to switch between a soccer more and a "normal" mode, where he returns his soccer ball to his head.
So that's it for my attempt at an Italian platform fighting game. I'm rather proud of this, tbf, and in hindsight I might have gone the extra-mile and added 24 characters instead of only 18. Shoutout to Befana, Gabibbo, and Maciste, who would have definitely made it if I were braver.
Honestly glad this takes an actual authentic perspective from an Italian because it’s really interesting to see. If this was made in America it would definitely have like mario and tony soprano and stuff but actually being Italian made characters is pretty cool.

And here some music that you might want to listen to while reading this description.

You made an all-Italy fighting game and didn't include Mario? You are made of stronger stuff than I am.

However, I will happily main Geronimo Stilton, Bloom, Collodi's Pinocchio, and Diabolik. Maybe Calimero, too.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
You made an all-Italy fighting game and didn't include Mario? You are made of stronger stuff than I am.

However, I will happily main Geronimo Stilton, Bloom, Collodi's Pinocchio, and Diabolik. Maybe Calimero, too.
Mario is only in-universe Italian. I debated whether or not I should have added Italian characters made elsewhere, but in the end I decided to solely focus on characters made in Italy. Had I not taken this road, then Mario, Vito Corleone, and Peppino from Pizza Tower would have been my top 3 choices.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I was thinking one thing,since Marvel Vs. Capcom was created,why not DC comics have it?,i will make another Marvel Vs. Capcom but using DC Comics and another videogame company who made a crossover with Capcom:Namco (what?,are you thought i was SNK?)

DC Vs. Namco

DC Side

1-Batman
2-Superman
3-Wonder Woman
4-Flash (Barry Allen)
5-Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
6-Martian Manhunter
7-Nightwing
8-Raven
9-Joker
10-Lex Luthor
11-Harley Quinn
12-Hawkgirl
13-Gorilla Drodd
14-Sinestro
15-The Atom
16-Bane
17-Starfire
18-Static
19-Deathstroke
20-Blue Beetle
21-Doomsday
22-Katana
23-Shazam
24-Doctor Fate
25-Aquaman
26-Zatana

Namco Side

1-Jin Kazama
2-Kazuya Mishima
3-Heihachi Mishima
4-Nina Williams
5-Pac-Man
6-Nightmare
7-Ivy Valentine
8-Kilik
9-Valkyrie
10-Rick Taylor
11-Gil (Tower of Druaga)
12-Taizo Hori
13-Lloyd
14-Velvet Crowe
15-Artorias
16-Wonder Momo
17-Klonoa
18-Guntz
19-Agumon
20-Gatomon
21-Patamon
22-Wonder Momo
23-KOS-MOS
24-Mappy
25-Masuyo "Kissy" Tobi
26-Bravoman

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
So I hear a lot of people suggesting a Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter game and honestly I’m not a big fan of it. It just seems like it would be weird tonally and feels like it only exists because of how people felt about those series back in the 90s. However there is one series that doesn’t have the hyper violence of Mortal Kombat but I do think would be more tonally similar to facilitate a crossover like this. It’s also more similar gameplay wise with an emphasis on combos like the modern Mortal Kombat games have. So, I present to you all…

GUILTY GEAR VS. MORTAL KOMBAT

1. Sol Badguy
  2. Ky Kiske
  3. Ramlethal Valentine
  4. Chipp Zanuff
  5. Testament
  6. Axl Low
  7. Sin Kiske
  8. Dizzy
  9. Goldlewis Dickinson
  10. Milia Rage
  11. Slayer
  12. Baiken
  13. Scorpion
  14. Sub-Zero
  15. Raiden
  16. Kitana
  17. Liu Kang
  18. Erron Black
  19. Shao Kahn
  20. Sonya Blade
  21. Jax Briggs
  22. Johnny Cage
  23. Cyrax
  24. Goro

With a starting roster of 24, the game also has a rival system with Guilty Gear characters having a Mortal Kombat rival and vice versa. As for who the antagonist would be, I’m not sure, but I feel like Happy Chaos is the perfect villain for crossovers like this so maybe him with some Mortal Kombat twist could be the main villain, and he can be the NetherRealm preorder bonus as well. Plus fatalities and instant kills can be mixed together! I think the game would be a loose M or T rating with toned down violence and characters only really explicitly “dying” in fatality/insta kills, if they are killed at all. Anyways the roster:

Sol Badguy Vs. Scorpion
Faces of their respective franchises and both have fire powers. Pretty easy pick for a rival

Ky Kiske Vs. Sub Zero
Rivals of rivals becoming rivals. They’re both basically the number 2’s of their respective franchises and similar blue colour schemes. Not same powers though like Sol and Scorpion. I also think it would be funny to have Robo-Ky and Noob Saibot be rivals in DLC if I do that later but they’re Robo-Ky and Noob Saibot so I don’t think it’s too necessary

Ramlethal Vs. Raiden
I wanted to put Ramlethal against some kind of god since I feel it would fit her character, so why not a noble one in Raiden?

Chipp Zanuff Vs. Kitana
Literally no other motivation besides ninja vs ninja

Testament Vs. Liu Kang
Basically a battle of gods again but this time it’s a mortal who became a god vs a god who strives towards mortal life and they’re both kind people.

Axl Low Vs. Erron Black
Both characters whose main hooks in terms of their character revolves around the worlds they’re from. Axl is a dude from the modern day put into the Guilty Gear world and Erron whose from Earth but went to Outrealm instead. Their differing perspectives on their situations could be really interesting to see

Sin Kiske Vs. Shao Kahn
Because why not make the really innocent character fight someone who wants to brutally kill and torture him?

Dizzy Vs. Sonya Blade
Dizzy is basically a weapon whose a pacifist so I think it would be interesting to put her up against someone in the military who voluntarily chooses to fight. Plus fighting games love to make female characters rivals so why not do it here?

Goldlewis Vs. Jax
The leader of the special forces vs the literal secretary of defense. I wanted some character who debuted in Strive too.

Milia Rage Vs. Johnny Cage
I like the idea of someone who’s kinda vain and focused on his appearance fighting someone who literally fights with hair

Slayer Vs. Cyrax
The leader of an assassin order vs. a member of an assassin order. I chose Slayer because I wanted a character besides Dizzy who is not playable in Strive. Originally I was going to have that go to Johnny (sorry about no May btw) and have his rival be Kung Lao for the hat thing, but I wanted some more non humans for the Mortal Kombat side. Johnny and Kung Lao would definitely be DLC tho.

Baiken Vs. Goro
A lot of the appeal of Baiken’s character is her masculinity/gruff exterior so why not have her fight a buff giant monster thing?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Super Mario Maker 3: Mystery Mushrooms

All 1P SMM1 mystery mushrooms return, all new 1P amiibo are there too. 1 star - Easy mode unlock, 2 star - Medium mode unlock, 3 star - Hard mode unlock

1. Elephant Mario (Super Mario) ⭐
  2. SMB2 Mario⭐
  3. NSMB Mario⭐⭐
  4. SMB2 Peach⭐⭐
  5. SMW Mario and Yoshi⭐⭐
  6. Luigi Kart⭐
  7. Bowser Kart⭐⭐
  8. Peach Kart⭐⭐
  9. Mario Bike⭐⭐
  10. Luigi Bike⭐⭐
  11. DK Bike⭐⭐⭐
  12. Yoshi Bike⭐⭐⭐
  13. Brick Block⭐
  14. Freezie⭐
  15. Underground Goomba⭐
  16. Standard Toadette⭐
  17. Spiny⭐⭐
  18. Dr. Bowser⭐⭐⭐
  19. Fever, Chill, and Weird ⭐⭐
  20. Peachette ⭐
  21. Larry⭐
  22. Lemmy⭐
  23. Iggy⭐
  24. Ludwig⭐⭐
  25. Wendy⭐⭐
  26. Roy⭐⭐
  27. Morton⭐⭐
  28. Coin⭐
  29. Baby Face⭐
  30. The Stork (Yoshi)⭐
  31. Kamek⭐⭐
  32. Car Yoshi ⭐⭐
  33. Penny (Wario)⭐⭐
  34. Jimmy T.⭐
  35. Mona⭐
  36. Captain Syrup⭐⭐⭐
  37. Barrel (Donkey Kong)⭐
  38. Dixie Kong⭐⭐
  39. Pauline⭐⭐⭐
  40. Trouble Bug⭐
  41. Stanley⭐
  42. Mini Mario⭐⭐
  43. Professor Hector (ROB)⭐⭐⭐
  44. Smick⭐⭐
  45. Link in the King of Red Lions (Zelda)⭐⭐⭐
  46. Goron Link⭐⭐
  47. Zora Link⭐⭐⭐
  48. Deku Link⭐
  49. Impa⭐
  50. Octorok⭐
  51. Skull Kid⭐⭐⭐
  52. Raichu (Pokémon) ⭐⭐⭐
  53. Venusaur⭐
  54. Wartortle⭐
  55. Blastoise⭐⭐
  56. Charmeleon⭐
  57. Leaf⭐
  58. Rex (Xenoblade)⭐⭐⭐
  59. Kumatora (EarthBound)⭐⭐⭐
  60. Frye (Splatoon)⭐
  61. Shiver⭐
  62. Big Man⭐
  63. Female Villager (Animal Crossing)⭐
  64. Wilbur and Orville⭐
  65. Flick⭐
  66. CJ⭐
  67. Blue Falcon (F-Zero)⭐⭐⭐
  68. Eggplant Man (Wrecking Crew)⭐⭐
  69. King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)⭐⭐
  70. Referee Mario⭐
  71. Wolfen (Star Fox)⭐⭐⭐
  72. Leon⭐⭐
  73. Pigma⭐⭐
  74. Panther⭐⭐
  75. Polar Bear (Ice Climber)⭐
  76. Spring Man (Arms)⭐
  77. Labrador (Nintendogs)⭐
  78. Pug⭐⭐
  79. Dalmatian⭐⭐
  80. Mike Jones (StarTropics)⭐
  81. Horace Showpony (1, 2, Switch!)⭐⭐
  82. Spaceship (Space Fever)⭐⭐⭐
  83. Alien⭐⭐⭐
  84. Sportsmate (Nintendo Switch Sports)⭐
  85. Plaise Allatime (Nintendo Labo) ⭐
  86. Gerry Riggs⭐
  87. Lerna Lotte ⭐
  88. Star Man (Pro Wrestling)⭐⭐
  89. The Amazon⭐⭐
  90. Amelia N. (Nintendo Switch)⭐
  91. Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)⭐⭐
  92. Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)⭐⭐
  93. Soccer Player (Soccer)⭐
  94. Flipnote Frog (Flipnote Studio)⭐
  95. Budgie (DSi Camera)⭐⭐
  96. eShop Bag (3DS eShop)⭐⭐
  97. Virtual Boy (Virtual Boy)⭐⭐⭐
  98. Lappy (Astral Chain) ⭐⭐
  99. Panel (Puzzle League)⭐⭐⭐
  100. Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)⭐

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Prehistoric Brawl
1.Gertie
2.Brontosaurus
3.Augathamas
4.Kong
5.V-Rex
6.Stegosaurus (Fantasia)
7.Rhedosaurus
8.Godzilla
9.Anguirus
10.Titanosaurus
11.Behemoth
12.Fred Flintstone
13.Wilma Flintstone
14.Ceratosaurus (1mya)
15.Gwangi
16.Smilodon (Sinbad and the eye of the tiger)
17.Captain Caveman
18.Yoshi
19.Rexy
20.Blue
21.Spinosaurus
22.Indominus Rex
23.Bio-Rex
24.Kabutops
25.Armaldo
26.Tyrantrum
27.Dracovish
28.Creature (E.V.O: Search for Eden)
29.Postosuchus (WWD)
30.Ornithochirus (WWD)
31.Andrewsarchus (WWB)
32.Entelodon (WWB)
33.Spongegar
34.Manny
35.Diego
36.Sid
37.Pyro (Dinosaur Planet)
38.Elasmotherium (Prehistoric Park)
39.Embolotherium (Primeval)
40.Princess (Primeval)
41.Tina Rex
42.Broken Jaw
43.Woodstock (Dinosaur Revolution)
44.Spear
45.Fang
46.Deinochirus (Prehistoric Planet)
47.Carnotaurus (Dinosaur)
48.Devil Dinosaur
49.Bubba (Ducktales 2017)
50.Tricksy (Ducktales 2017)

DLC
1.Sharptooth
2.Aladar
3.Colombian Mammoth (Primeval)
4.Stokeosaurus (Zoo Tycoon 2)
5.Megalodon (The Meg)

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
In an alternate universe... what if the hit 1998 arcade game Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes was actually a DC vs Sega game instead? Here's my take.
Just like in the original, the comics side will have seven characters and the gaming side will have eight. Both sides have three clone characters as well.

Team DC
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern
  • The Joker
  • Lex Luthor
  • Starro
  • Robin (Batman's shorter, faster clone)
  • Sinestro (Green Lantern's slower, stronger clone)
  • Supergirl (Superman's faster clone)

Team Sega
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Alis Landale
  • Alex Kidd
  • Joe Musashi
  • Shadow Yamato
  • Blaze Fielding
  • Akira Yuki
  • Super Sonic (Sonic's faster clone)
  • Eggrobo (Eggman's heavier clone)
  • Stella (Alex's lighter clone)

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite DLC in a world where it doesn't bomb

Season 2: Gill (Street Fighter), Asura, Lady (Devil May Cry), Vergil, Star-Lord,' Ms. Marvel
Season 3: Green Goblin, Daredevil, Loki, Scarlet Witch, Captain Commando, Leon Kennedy
Season 4: Phoenix Wright, Nina, Felicia, Jin Saotome, Squirrel Girl, Doctor Doom
Season 5: Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, Magneto, Rashid, Akuma

Last edited:
In an alternate universe... what if the hit 1998 arcade game Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes was actually a DC vs Sega game instead? Here's my take.
Just like in the original, the comics side will have seven characters and the gaming side will have eight. Both sides have three clone characters as well.

Team DC
  • Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern
  • The Joker
  • Lex Luthor
  • Starro
  • Robin (Batman's shorter, faster clone)
  • Sinestro (Green Lantern's slower, stronger clone)
  • Supergirl (Superman's faster clone)

Team Sega
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Alis Landale
  • Alex Kidd
  • Joe Musashi
  • Shadow Yamato
  • Blaze Fielding
  • Akira Yuki
  • Super Sonic (Sonic's faster clone)
  • Eggrobo (Eggman's heavier clone)
  • Stella (Alex's lighter clone)
While I would have liked to add Aquaman, The Flash, and Shazam to the DC roster, as well as Tails, Axel Stone, and Nights on the Sega roster, I'm willing to wait for the sequel.

As for this 15-fighter list as it currently is, I will admit everyone that can be added is in this first round. Not only are the DC Trinity and Sonic front and center, but we also have Green Lantern, Sinestro, Joker, Robin, Supergirl, Lex Luthor, and Starro filling in the comic competition, while Eggman, Super Sonic, Alex Kidd, Joe Musashi, Blaze Fielding, and Akira Yuki round out the unique Sega fighters.

For those who aren't in the know, that's four Justice League members and their most important ancillary characters, Sonic and Eggman both having doubles, and the most important Sega faces, barring Blaze in place of Axel, in the developer's history as of 1998. And really, 1998 would be the last great time to have more than one Alex Kidd rep in a fighting game.

All in all, this is a great roster with tons of options open for a potential main.

FazDude

Smash Master
Since Mario Kart rosters seem to be all the rage nowadays, I decided to give one a shot. It's fairly unrealistic, but I had fun putting it together.

DK Jr. render by T0M.V.12 on Fandom, and Foreman Spike by BumblyBeebs.

Non-Mario characters were an intended exclusion, but if I had to pick a few, I'd go with R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, King Hippo, Pac-Man, and Sonic.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Items roster for a new Smash, assuming it will continue down the path of half-Nintendo, half-everything else, but not adding any new companies

RETURNING ITEMS
  1. Smash Ball
  2. Assist Trophy
  3. Poke Ball
  4. Master Ball
  5. Daybreak
  6. Crate
  7. Capsule
  8. Barrel
  9. Party Ball
  10. Rolling Crate
  11. Grass
  12. Bomber
  13. Fake Smash Ball
  14. Sandbag
  15. Food
  16. Maxim Tomato
  17. Heart Container
  18. Super Mushroom
  19. Poison Super Mushroom
  20. Super Star
  21. Warp Star
  22. Metal Box
  23. Bunny Hood
  24. Lightning
  25. Bullet Bill
  26. Beam Sword
  27. Home Run Bat
  28. Hammer
  29. Golden Hammer
  30. Lip’s Stick
  31. Fire Bar
  32. Ore Club
  33. Death’s Scythe
  34. Super Scope
  35. Steel Diver
  36. Banana Gun
  37. Rage Blaster
  38. Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
  39. Bob-Omb
  40. Green Shell
  41. Red Shell
  42. Freezie
  43. Mr. Saturn
  44. Gooey Bomb
  45. Smart Bomb
  46. Pitfall
  47. Banana Peel
  48. Unira
  49. Bombchu
  50. X-Bomb
  51. POW Block
  52. Blue Shell
  53. Cucco
  54. Beehive
  55. Boss Galaga
  56. Beastball
  57. Black Hole
  58. Franklin Badge
  59. Screw Attack
  60. Special Flag
  61. Barrel Cannon

RESKINNED ITEMS:
  1. Standard Kart (Mario Kart) - Replaces the Dragoon. Collect the wheels, body, and glider.
  2. T.T. (Diddy Kong Racing) - Replaces the Timer
  3. Zapper (NES) - Replaces the Ray Gun
  4. Bumper (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Replaces the Bumper
  5. Super Spicy Curry (Kirby) - Combined with the Fire Flower, and works functionally like the latter
  6. Drill Dozer (Drill Dozer) - Replaces the drill. Resembles a cheap fast food toy, a bitcrushed version of Jill’s voice comes out of it.
  7. LaserScope (Konami) - Replaces the Staff
  8. Fuzzy (Yoshi’s Island) - Combines the Deku Nut with Smoke Bomb - both stuns foes and creates psychedelic effects that cover the screen
  9. Spike Top (Mario) - Replaces the Hothead
  10. Football (Super Mario Strikers)
  11. ChuChu Rocket (ChuChu Rocket!) - Replaces the Hotocate Bomb
  12. Tripmine (Halo) - Replaces the Motion Sensor Bomb
  13. Boomerang (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  14. Microwave Door (Mappy) - Replaces the Killer Eye
  15. Teddy Bear (EarthBound) - Replaces the Back Shield
  16. Tutu (Original) - Replaces the Super Leaf

NEW ITEMS:
  1. Bottle of Soda (Original) - Heals you first, but will give you damage back later into the stock
  2. Assist Doll (Original) - Spawns weaker summon characters that do one attack and leave, can be thrown like a Poke Ball
  3. Sandrag (Original) - A worn-down Sandbag that gives you one small healing item and disappears.
  4. Grandbag (Original) - A sandbag with a king outfit, summons powerful items like stars and smash balls
  5. Mini Mushroom (Super Mario) - Shrinks, makes you faster and has no expense
  6. Poison Mini Mushroom (Super Mario) - Grows, makes you very slow and has no benefit
  7. Fire Flower (Super Mario) - Shoots tiny projectiles that bounce and only deal damage like Fox’s laser.
  8. 1-Up Mushroom (Super Mario) - Actively homes away from fighters, disappears quickly, and gives 1 point if caught.
  9. Baby Head (Mario Paint) - Does nothing but giggle when hit
  10. Stanley’s Pesticide (Donkey Kong 3) - Creates smoke that floats slowly and damages fighters.
  11. Substitute Doll (Pokemon) - Turns into a copy of you that does nothing but taunt, and stuns anyone who hits it - bait your foes with rage!
  12. Super Orange Machine (EarthBound) - When thrown, it will stop the game music and play a bad Midi version of a random public domain song.
  13. Blue Falcon (F-Zero) - You can ride on it, it goes very fast and will explode once it hits a foe.
  14. Runny Nose (WarioWare) - Attaches to your face and collects projectiles, becoming bigger as more are shoved in, before unleashing a torrent of snot with size and force dependant on how many projectiles were stolen
  15. V-Ball (Arms) - Reflected upon contact, but explodes when hit
  16. Chaos Emeralds (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Like the Daybreak and Dragoon/Mario Kart, but has 7 different parts and therefore spawns more often while also being easier to knock out. Turns whoever collects all of them golden, and gives them an always-active hitbox and superspeed.
  17. Spikes (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Hides like the pitfall, but sends foes up instead of down.
  18. Roll's Broom (Mega Man) - Sword item that is weak but can be used in rapid succession, functioning almost like the fan.
  19. Leash (Nintendogs) - Leashes a foe to you
  20. Frogger (Frogger) - Once thrown, will copy your movements and hit anyone in it’s path, but only when moving
  21. Cursor (Microsoft Windows) - Allows you to command grab foes and carry them in cargo like DK.
  22. Slug Copter (Metal Slug) - Flies upwards when thrown, multihit
  23. Context-Sensitive Button (Conker’s Bad Fur Day) - A container that contains items from the series of the stage currently being played.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Nintendo vs. Illumination
...i'm actually not sure how to introduce this concept other than "mario movie exists" so let's just get into the roster

Team Nintendo
  1. Mario
  2. Bowser
  3. Donkey Kong
  4. Link
  5. Samus
  6. Kirby
  7. Pikachu
  8. Mewtwo
  9. Inkling
  10. Marth
  11. Shulk
  12. Mr. Game & Watch
Team Illumination
  1. Gru
  2. Minion
  3. Bratt
  4. E.B.
  5. Pink Beret
  6. Max & Duke
  7. Snowball
  8. Buster Moon
  9. Johnny
  10. Mike
  11. The Once-Ler
  12. The Grinch

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
NASB stage list revamp. Stages intended for the competitive selection are in bold.

1. SpongeBob - Jellyfish Fields
  2. Patrick - Glove World
  3. Sandy - Krusty Krab Comedy Club
  4. Michelangelo - Sewer Slam
  5. Leonardo - Rooftop Rumble
  6. April O'Neil - Technical Difficulties (based on iCarly)
  7. Shredder - Technodrome Takeover
  8. Zim - Skool Food Fight (Based on the unaired pilot)
  9. Aang - Western Air Temple
  10. Toph - Earth Rumble VI
  11. Korra - Harmonic Convergence
  12. Reptar - Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch
  13. Nigel - Wild Africa (Same locale, renamed because it wouldn't feature a waterfall anymore)
  14. CatDog - CatDog's House
  15. Ren & Stimpy - Space Madness
  16. Powdered Toast Man - Double Dare
  17. Lincoln - The Loud House
  18. Lucy - Royal Woods Cemetary
  19. Danny Phantom - Ghost Zone
  20. Oblina - The Dump
  21. Helga - Traffic Jam
  22. Garfield - Lasag-noir (based on Garfield's Babes and Bullets)
  23. Jenny - Tremorton Joyride
  24. Hugh - Duck Duck Pie!
  25. Rocko - Lobot-O-Mart (Based on Rocko's Happy Sack)

Last edited:
Disney Afternoon Fight Fest
Yes, I'm making that end credits gag from the Rescue Rangers movie a reality. Don't judge me.
  1. Scrooge McDuck
  2. Gadget Hackwrench
  3. Darkwing Duck
  4. Goliath
  5. Don Karnage
  6. Zummi Gummi
  7. Max Goof
  8. Bonkers D. Bobcat
  9. Launchpad McQuack
  10. Chip
  11. Dale
  12. Baloo
  13. Goofy
  14. Donald Duck
  15. Duke Igthorn
  16. Webby Vanderquack (2017 Version)
  17. Monterey Jack
  18. Kit Cloudkicker
  19. Magica De Spell
  20. Pete
  21. Demona
  22. Aladdin
  23. Timon
  24. Pumbaa
  25. Wildwing Flashblade
  26. Hercules
  27. Cruella De Vil
  28. Shnookums
  29. Meat
  30. Flintheart Glomgold
  31. Eliza Maza
  32. Genie
  33. Fat Cat
  34. Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Daisy (The 3-in-1 fighter, a combination of DuckTales, Quack Pack, and the vintage shorts.)
  35. Bumblelion
  36. Princess Calia
  37. Tigger
  38. Ariel
  39. Doug Funnie (Semi-guest character)
  40. Marsupilami (Guest character)
With a 40-character roster, I have crafted a time capsule to practically every corner of this block, from DuckTales to Doug. And learning from the mistakes of Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network's platform fighters, I explicitly limited the "multiple characters fight" shtick to just Donald's nephews.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Marvel vs DC: Infinite Brawl 2
Marvel Side
1.Spider-Man
2.Ghost Spider
3.Miles morales (new)
4.Green Goblin
5.Dr.Octopus (new)
6.Venom
7.Wasp
8.Ant-Man
9.Iron-Man
10.War Machine
11.Black Widow
12.Hawkeye
13.M.O.D.O.C (new)
14.Hulk
15.She-Hulk
16.Abomination (new)
17.Captain America
18.Falcon
19.Thor
20.Loki
21.Enchantress (new)
22.Black Panther
23.Okoye (new)
24.Star-Lord
25.Gamora
26.Rocket Raccoon
27.Groot
28.Drax
29.Mantis (new)
30.Thanos
31.Bucky
32.Captain Marvel
33.Ms.Marvel
34.Dr.Strange
35.Wolverine
36.Cyclops
37.Storm (new)
38.Magneto (new)
39.Mystique
40.Deadpool
41.Quicksilver
42.Scarlet Witch
43.Vision
44.Squirrel Girl
45.Mr.Fantastic
46.Invisable Woman
47.Human Torch
48.Thing
49.Dr.Doom
50.Nebula
51.Moon Girl (new)
52.Devil Dinosaur
53.Zabu (new)
54.Nova (new)
55.Fin Fang Foom
56.Godzilla

DC Side
1.Bat-Man
2.Bat-Girl
3.Harley Quinn
4.Joker
5.Bane (new)
6.Poison Ivy (new)
7.Zatanna
8.Atom
9.Superman
10.Supergirl
11.Lois Lane (new)
12.Krypto
13.Lex Luthor
14.Wonder Woman
15.Giganta
16.Cheetah
17.Green Lantern
18.Hawkgirl
19.Aquaman
20.Black Manta
21.Swamp Thing
22.Flash
23.Gorilla Grodd
24.Robin
25.Starfire
26.Cyborg
27.Beast Boy
28.Raven
29.Terra (new)
30.Slade
31.Darksied
32.Question
33.Black Canary
34.Animal Man
35.Static
36.Roascach
37.Dr.Manhattan (new)
38.Blue Beetle
39.Black Adam
40.Shazam
41.Doctor Fate
42.Plastic Man
43.Granny Goodness (new)
44.Martian Manhunter (new)
45.Ms.Martian (new)
46.Power Girl
47.Stepphanwolf (new)
48.Starro
49.Apocalypse (new)
50.Green Arrow
51.John Constistein (new)
52.Vixen (new)
53.Katana (new)
54.Solomon Grundy (new)
55.Titano
56.MechaGodzilla

DLC
Marvel Side
1.Luke Cage
2.Mockingbird
3.Super Skrull
4.Juggernaut
5.Black Cat
6.Scooby and Shaggy

DC Side
1.Bumblebee
2.Sinistro
3.Scarecrow
4.Zod
5.Catwoman
6.Bugs Bunny

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Next Smash Game - Fake Leak
A hypothetical fake leak that I'd make if I had the ability to. The goal here is to get people talking and hopefully expand the Smash overton window moreso than a wishlist.

FIGHTERS:
  1. Marie (Splatoon) (Very obvious pick for believability, how Callie and the other idols would be implemented could make for interesting discourse)
  2. Porky (Not a pick I'm a fan of, but adds fan appeal that makes it a lot more easy to latch on to)
  3. Kratos (uses his blue alternate costume from PSASBR) (Hyper-divisive pick, could lead to discussion on Smash's relationship to other platform fighters and introduce Smash fans to PS)
  4. Link (OOT design, adult, Melee black tunic) (Could lead to discussion over whether revamps are good, if Smash should focus on established games or new releases, and if this is a new character; alt costume; or complete revert)
  5. Mettaton EX (Could lead to discussions on side-over-protag character choices, as well as if any patterns can be deduced from the last game's Mii Costumes)

STAGE:
  1. Jet Set Willy, Smashville form (Could introduce Smash fans to British microcomputer games, and lead to discussion about stage-only game representation or if Miner Willy is another fighter. Would also not require any new assets to be made on virtue of being a retro stage. Smashville form also makes modeling easier and could lead to discussions on designing stages specifically for competitive play, especially if misinterpreted as a third Smashville-style stage after HB.)
OTHER DETAILS

1. HUD has a Smash 64 comic book tint (could potentially lead to discussion on the nature of Smash's tone)
  2. There's a puff of smoke behind Kratos, despite him being in idle, which may allude towards wavedashing
  3. Link is using his Melee dash attack
  4. Mettaton EX is star-KO'd, meaning that it may be tricky to recognize him
  5. Marie is using a move resembling Inkling's down special, though it's vague whether she's a clone or not and how much of a clone she is.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, a while back ago someone did a "Capcom Heroines" roster, and that inspired me to do an all-girl SEGA fighting game roster.

Keeping in mind here that I envision this as a traditional fighter, made by French Bread or a similar developer in the same mold as something like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. The roster's gonna be on the short side, I tried to consider playstyle variety, and I also wanted to make sure at least most of the characters here were notable in their own right and didn't just feel like "oh well I can't add (male character) so here's (female character from the same series) instead!"

Here we go:
  1. Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
  2. Nei (Phantasy Star II)
  3. Elenor Camuel (Phantasy Star Online)
  4. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  5. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
  6. Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  7. Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
  8. Aigis (Persona 3)
  9. Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)
  10. Ulala (Space Channel 5)
  11. Bayonetta (...)
  12. Gum (Jet Set Radio)
  13. Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
  14. Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
  15. Fei-Yen (Cyber Troopers Virtual-ON)
  16. Aika (Skies of Arcadia)
  17. Honey (Fighting Vipers)
  18. Asha (Monster World IV)
  19. Mishaela (Shining Force)
  20. Princess Kurumi (Ninja Princess)
  21. Momomeno (7th Dragon)
  22. Nicole Neil (Guardian Heroes)
I decided on having Phantasy Star be the sort of "poster franchise" of this hypothetical game. I think you could make the argument that it is the major SEGA property where women hold the most importance, both from a story and meta standpoint, and in my opinion, Alis, Nei and a PSO character were all, like, immediate must-haves for this roster. There are other SEGA girls who are more iconic, but the way I see it, Alis is almost like the First Lady of classic SEGA. Arle and Sakura are two other majorly important and iconic SEGA women, they're musts as well. Amy is here cause even if I did try to pick really notable characters within their series', she's probably technically the most recognizable female SEGA character just by virtue of being a core part of the Sonic cast, so.....ah **** it she goes in. Pai is my VF pick, I decided on her cause she tends to be my second VF pick for these rosters, she adds some fun flair to this roster and also I think it's time people start realizing VF has more characters than just Akira and the Bryants. I needed an Atlus character in, and IMO it had to be Aigis, being a very popular and notable character who'd also be more visually and conceptually unique than, say, FeMC or Kasumi or what have you. I did worry that having both her and Elenor on here would be too many robot girls, but none of the other Atlus options I had in the cards worked as well IMO. Valkyria is another series where women play a big role, and it came down to Alicia or Selvaria. I decided to play it safe and go with the former, but the latter is 100% getting in as DLC too. They're both very important to have in a celebration of the women of SEGA. Ulala is another mega fan favorite who shows up in like Every SEGA crossover, so she has to be in. If I didn't add Bayonetta people would kill me so here she is.

Alright, Gum I think kind of bends the rule of not picking characters just to be alternatives to their male counterparts, but I like her a lot and I think the general Jet Set Radio character archetype is a good one to have in here. I knew I wanted Tyris in here, being a cool major character from a big SEGA arcade title. Believe it or not, Blaze was not a lock! I imagine most people would immediately throw her in as a must-have, but I was kind of agonizing over it cause Streets of Rage doesn't tend to show up that much in JP SEGA media, but in the end I decided that **** it, Streets of Rage is cool, Blaze is cool, I'm putting her in. Virtual-ON is one of SEGA's most popular classic properties in Japan, and Fei-Yen is one of the series' two big mascots, so yeah she goes in. Skies of Arcadia is a well-liked series that I figured I had room for, and I like the idea of a crossover with Phantasy Star as the "main" series also including the most direct descendent of the classic PS quadrilogy, so Aika goes in. Honey is a necessity for a SEGA girls roster IMO, one of the most popular characters from that era of the company. Asha is a very very cool and beloved character, and Mishaela gives us a villainous dark mage archetype from a big classic SEGA property (side note I'm imagining her using her Game Gear design cause it's raw as ****). Kurumi is another one I knew I wanted to add early on, as she has some major legacy as an early SEGA heroine, and also I did want a "retro" character in here, so she was an easy add. The final two are prolly the biggest odd ducks in this roster: first up, 7th Dragon is likely the most niche series included here, being a series of dungeon-crawling RPGs on the DS and 3DS, but SEGA reference it a lot, Momomeno is the character they often use most in marketing for the first game, and I mainly added her for moveset and personality reasons - she's a moody princess who dresses in gothic fashion, fights with a whip and can tell enemies to kill themselves. I gotta put her in. Meanwhile, Nicole is prolly the closest thing this roster has to a "joke" character - she's a mage, and one of the main playable characters in the Treasure-developed Saturn beat-em-up Guardian Heroes. I really wanted both a Treasure character and more Saturn-era characters in here, so a GH rep was an easy add for me. I went with her cause I felt she'd be a fun and distinct choice - she's sort of the goofy/comic relief character among the main cast, and naturally has a goofy moveset to go along with that. She's fun and I like her.

So that's it! 22 characters, representing a wide breadth of SEGA girls. If I may go into some cutting-room-floor details:
  • Four characters that came close to making it were Hibana from Shinobi, Cenes Crawford from Thunder Force V, Cindy Holiday from Dynamite Deka and Tillis from Burning Rangers. They all make it as DLC most likely
  • I really, really, really wanted to add Love and Berry (Oshare Majo Love and Berry). SEGA's card arcade games are a super important part of their history, and L/B would have been a fantastic add coming from a game that was specifically marketed to female audiences, and potentially having a really fun fashion-themed moveset. There was just no room for them, Nicole kind of filled the Wacky Pick slot and I didn't want to cut any of the others so they got the boot. I'm so sad I had to leave them out, and they're definitely getting some other important role in the game
  • Some other retro picks I considered for the Kurumi slot included Mary from Quartet and Papri from Girl's Garden
women are epic

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Cartoon Cartoon Rumble
A roaster featuring cartoon characters, but there is a catch
They consist of Cartoon characters from fictional shows within shows
1.Itchy
2.Scratchy
3.Handiquacks
4.Ducktective
5.Cartoon Wander and Cartoon Sylvia
6.Cartoon Lord Hater
7.Good Witch Azura
8.Fatheads
9.Cheese (the best character in the game, better then the salami and the bologna combined)
10.Crimson Chin
11.Crash Nebula
12.Ultra Lord
13.Exploding Penguins
14.Slide the Ferret
15.Cartoon King Dedede

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Cartoon Cartoon Rumble
1.Itchy
2.Scratchy
3.Handiquacks
4.Ducktective
6.Cartoon Lord Hater
7.Azura
8.Fatheads
9.Cheese (the best character in the game, better then the salami and the bologna combined)
10.Crimson Chin
11.Crash Nebula
12.Ultra Lord
13.Exploding Penguins
14.Slide the Ferret
15.Cartoon King Dedede
My guess is that Terrence & Phillip don't quite count.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cartoon Cartoon Rumble
1.Itchy
2.Scratchy
3.Handiquacks
4.Ducktective
6.Cartoon Lord Hater
7.Azura
8.Fatheads
10.Crimson Chin
11.Crash Nebula
12.Ultra Lord
13.Exploding Penguins
14.Slide the Ferret
15.Cartoon King Dedede
This is actually a roster I was planning to do, brilliant stuff.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. But One Character Per One Video Game Genre

1. Mario (Platformer)
2. Ryu (Fighting)
3. Cloud Strife (RPG)
4. Master Chief (FPS)
5. Solid Snake (Stealth)
6. Leon Kennedy (Horror)
7. Sweet Tooth (Racing)
8. Kratos (Hack n' Slash)
9. Bella Goth (Simulation)
10. Kerrian (Strategy)
11. Tetromino (Puzzle)
12. Ahri (MOBA)
13. Billy Lee (Beat em Up)
14. Alucard (Metroidvania)
15. Monokuma (Visual Novel)
16. Don Chan (Rhythm)
17. Jonesy (Battle Royale)
18. Pac-Man (Maze)
19. Carmen Sandiego (Point n' Click)
20. CJ (Open World)
21. Reimu (Shoot em Up)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. But One Character Per One Video Game Genre

1. Mario (Platformer)
2. Ryu (Fighting)
3. Cloud Strife (RPG)
4. Master Chief (FPS)
5. Solid Snake (Stealth)
6. Leon Kennedy (Horror)
7. Sweet Tooth (Racing)
8. Kratos (Hack n' Slash)
9. Bella Goth (Simulation)
10. Kerrian (Strategy)
11. Tetromino (Puzzle)
12. Ahri (MOBA)
13. Billy Lee (Beat em Up)
14. Alucard (Metroidvania)
15. Monokuma (Visual Novel)
16. Hatsune Miku (Rhythm)
17. Jonesy (Battle Royale)
Good roster for this! I'd add Pac-Man (Mazes?), CJ (Open World), and Carmen Sandiego (Point-and-click/edutainment) to make it an even 20.

KamenMax617

Smash Rookie
Folks, I got one idea that I can pitch. How about a Nickelodeon All-Stars vs. Type-Moon Fighter that is in line with the Marvel vs. Capcom Games alongside with Dragon Ball FighterZ? Shockingly enough, no one got the chance to do one.

Ideally, if we live in a Perfect World, then Arc System Works would be willing to create it.

Key Villains: Swiper the Fox and Gilgamesh.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
SUPAH ROBOT TAISEN
Much like in Super Robot Wars, the "Super Robot" label don't discriminate those who are more close to "Real Robot" is just that Super sounds cooler imo)
1691335823176.png
1691336211430.png
1691336126584.png
MAZINGER Z
APHRODITE A
MAZINKAISER
GRENDIZER
RED BARON
BIG O
GETTER ROBO
BLACK GETTER
1691333030159.png
1691333188726.png
1691333342284.png
1691333520579.png
1691333883294.png
1691334068614.png
EVA-01
EVA-02
GUNBUSTER
GURREN LAGANN
GAOGAIGAR
RAYEARTH
LIO DE GALON
DYNAZENON
1691334999101.png
1691335211945.png
1691335439225.png
1691335516972.png
1691335702531.png
1691335935301.png
1691335981860.png
1691336047940.png
RX-78-2
ZAKU II
UNICORN
XVX-016 AERIAL
VF1-VALKYRIE
DAIZYUZIN
KING-OHGER
MECHAGODZILLA

Last edited:
Universal vs. DreamWorks
Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo, Microsoft Game Studios
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, (Untitled Nintendo Successor), Xbox Series X
Release Year: 2025

Foundation:
After the end of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the enigmatic success of The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Nintendo and Universal decided to collaborate on a new crossover fighter to tide players over until the next Smash entry.

However, unlike Smash, this Universal crossover fighter takes more inspiration from Marvel vs. Capcom than it does from Smash Bros.

The Roster:
E.T. (DLC)Balto (DLC)Felix the Cat (DLC)
Chilly WillyCurious GeorgeSnowballLarryBoyThe Grinch (Guest)
Wally WalrusLittlefootVectorKeithThe Onceler (Guest)
Woody WoodpeckerFievelGruShe-RaDoc Brown
ShrekAlex the LionHiccupMr. WolfTulio
DonkeySkipperMegamindEepSpirit
P*** in BootsPoJack FrostBoss BabyGromit (Guest)
Master Oogway (DLC)Ginormica (DLC)Captain Underpants (DLC)

I await any comments for this roster.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Universal vs. DreamWorks
Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo, Microsoft Game Studios
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, (Untitled Nintendo Successor), Xbox Series X
Release Year: 2025

Foundation:
After the end of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the enigmatic success of The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Nintendo and Universal decided to collaborate on a new crossover fighter to tide players over until the next Smash entry.

However, unlike Smash, this Universal crossover fighter takes more inspiration from Marvel vs. Capcom than it does from Smash Bros.

The Roster:
E.T. (DLC)Balto (DLC)Felix the Cat (DLC)
Chilly WillyCurious GeorgeSnowballLarryBoyThe Grinch (Guest)
Wally WalrusLittlefootVectorKeithThe Onceler (Guest)
Woody WoodpeckerFievelGruShe-RaDoc Brown
ShrekAlex the LionHiccupMr. WolfTulio
DonkeySkipperMegamindEepSpirit
P*** in BootsPoJack FrostBoss BabyGromit (Guest)
Master Oogway (DLC)Ginormica (DLC)Captain Underpants (DLC)

I await any comments for this roster.
I like it.

I would add like five more DLC characters.

Dreamworks:
Eris (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas)
Tai Lung (Kung Fu Panda)

Universal:
Owen Grady (Jurassic World)
Dominic Toretto (Fast & Furious)

Guest:
Springtrap (FNAF Movie)

Last edited:
I like it.

I would add like five more DLC characters.

Dreamworks:
Eris (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas)
Tai Lung (Kung Fu Panda)

Universal:
Owen Grady (Jurassic World)
Dominic Toretto (Fast & Furious)

Guest:
Springtrap (FNAF Movie)
I admittedly didn't want to add too many DLC characters, as I had hoped this game would be good enough to get a sequel. That's why Fiona and King Julian missed the boat.

Still, your five additions will be taken into account. I personally was close to adding Jurassic World and F&F characters to the roster, because Dreamworks Television made animated series based on them.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Marvel Cartoon Rumble
A roaster containing many animated Marvel works (shows and movies)
Note: * means starter roaster character
Assorted
1.Spider-Man*
2.Hulk*
3.Captain Marvel*
4.Wolverine*
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
1.Firestar
2.Iceman
X-Men
1.Storm*
2.Professor X
Spider-Man the Animated Series
1.Black Cat*
2.HobGoblin
X-Men Evolution
1.Cyclops*
2.Shadowcat
3.Magneto
Fantastic 4: Worlds Greatest heroes
1.Mr.Fantastic*
2.Invisable Woman*
3.Human Torch*
4.Thing*
Marvel Cinematic Universe (includes What If and I am Groot)
1.Rocket Raccoon*
2.Groot*
3.Thanos
4.Captain Carter
5.Dr.Strange
6.Okoye
7.Killmonger
Spectacular Spider-Man
1.Green Goblin*
2.Venom*
3.Tombstone
Wolverine and the X-Men
1.Beast*
2.Jean Grey
3.Juggernaut
Superhero Show Squad
1.Reptil
2.Falcon
Hulk vs
1.Deadpool*
2.Enchantress
3.Loki
Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes
1.Iron-Man*
2.Thor*
3.Wasp*
4.Ant-Man*
5.Captain America*
6.Black Panther*
7.Hawkeye*
8.Abomination
9.Madame Viper
10.Dr.Doom
Ultimate Spider-Man
1.Dr.Octopus
Avengers Assemble
1.Black Widow*
2.Ms.Marvel*
3.Hyperion
4.Star-Lord
5.Gamora
Hulk and the agents of S.M.A.S.H
1.She-Hulk*
Guardians of the Galaxy
1.Drax
Marvels Spider-Man
1.Sandman
Marvel Rising
1.Squirrel Girl
2.Taskmaster
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse and Across the Spiderverse
1.Miles Morales*
2.Ghost Spider*
3.Spider-Ham
4.Spider-Man 2099
5.Kingpin
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
1.Moon Girl*
2.Devil Dinosaur*
3.Beyonder

DLC Wave 1
1.Ultron (Assorted)
2.Ghost (Iron-Man: Armoured Advantures)
3.Super Skrull (Superhero Show Squad)
4.Vision (Avangers: Earths Mightiest Heroes)
5.Nova (Ultimate Spider-Man)
6.Peni Parker and SPDR (Spiderverse)

DLC Wave 2
1.Impossible Man (Fantastic 4 the Animated Series)
2.Rouge (X-Men the Animated Series)
3.M.O.D.O.C (Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes)
4.Hit Monkey (Hit Monkey)
5.Nighthawk (Avengers Assemble)
6.Lizard (Spider-Man the Animated Series)

Last edited:
I haven't been posting anything for while, so let's just make a new roster....

Showdown on the stage!
The platform fighter/fighting game would be focused on fictional musicians (Parappa), masked artists (like Daft Punk), characters that appeared on albums of singers, characters from music videos or bands and virtual music artists (like Gorillaz).

You can just call it "Def Jam meets fictional music artists".

Roster:
1. Hatsune Miku
2. Murdoc (Gorillaz)
3. Parappa the Rapper
4. The Beatles (Animated versions) (Stance fighters)
5. Alvin & Chipmunks (They would stand on each other like Rabbids in Nick Super Brawl 3)
6. Daft Punk
7. JEM (JEM and Holograms)
8. Ai Hoshino
9. Ms. Piggy
10. Archie (Archie)
11. Chubby Cherry (Studio Killers)
12. Sailor Venus
13. Scott Pilgrim
14. Saiko & Kaizo (SMG4)
15. Major Lazer
16. Ami & Yumi
17. Jabberjaw
18. Piers & Obstagoon (Pokemon)
19. Boyfriend & Girlfriend (Friday night funkin)
20. Azura (Fire Emblem)
21. Pepe (My Chemical romance)
22. Chorus Kids (have the same gimmick as Alvin)
23. Ahri (League of Legends)
24. Crazy Frog
25. Gummibär
26. Iron Man (Black Sabbath)

DLC:
EP pack 1:
1. Squid Sisters
2. Frank the Robot (Queen)
3. Dewey Finn (School of Rock)
4. MC Skat Kat
5. Sonic the Hedgehog (Guest - he had a rock band when the first game was developed and he was a DJ on one of artworks)

EP pack 2:
1. Bocchi the Rock
2. Shufflebot (LMFAO)
3. Ziggy Stardust
4. Mayor Pauline (Mario)
5. Deathklok (Metalpocalypse)
6. Weird Al Yankovic

(Did I just missed someone? Feel free to tell me which character I forgot to add to the roster)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here is my wildly unrealistic roster for a 200-man Smash fangame - I have full creative control, and no baggage from past games or fan demand played much of a role.
Would absolutely love this, and be most interested in seeing how Belch, Game Boy Camera guy, eShop Bag, Frogger, Angry Birds, Pac-Man Ghosts, Clippy, Space Invaders, and Bloons Monkey all turn out. Tetris and Amogus are also interesting, but Inhave seen versions of them before!

Top Bottom