• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer -- Aug 15, Hamilton ON, Ally / RayneX PRE-REG FAST!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Sure. I main MK.

Edit: Also I might do mm with my Dedede if anyone is interested, I just started putting time into him though, I'll see how he's coming along in a week and get back to people.
Awesome! How much, $2? Anyone else want to MM my jiggs?

PND

Smash Champion
Kalm you're both confirmed.

@ PNDMike/Bueno

Can I assume that most of ottawa is brawl?
I'm Melee / Brawl, I think Fogel will likely play Melee as well. I *assume* SAUS and Arsenic, if they come, will play in Melee. And Linkshot, perhaps?

Everyone's Brawl, but I think those are our Melee-ers. THEY MAY NOT PARTICIPATE THOUGH. I'm in the process of confirming for ya,

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
there are a LOT of MMs going on, hopefully they can all be finished in the time we have in the venue. well i guess if we have a lot of setups it will be fine. this is going to be a great tourny!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
who do you play?
He plays Fox XD

Also there better be a livestream for this. If by some miracle I become able to attend even at the last minute I'll be ditching all plans and driving down there, but as it stands the best I can really hope for is getting to watch some epic finals matches on livestream.

M2K if I make it to this and you are there we are doing a $5 MM my Ness vs your MK.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I would suggest $20 per crew, as then otherwise 5 man crews will be paying more than 4 man crews.

Get hyped! Official crew tournament! This shiz is going down! Everybody get alliance making! (Although we're sure to see some regional crews as well)

pastaboy

Smash Champion
iliad? how will be there be time for crews? this tourny is going to be huge!! but only so little time.

confirm me for a setup+ possibly other niagara guys too.
i think kc said he can go to, confirm him for brawl.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Crews are regional or players choice illiad? There could be some stacked crews if its players choice lol

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
At GI's tournament, we had enough time for brawl+ singles, and we barely even had that many tvs.
This tournament has more entrants, but tons of tvs. If he have a disciplined time schedules and organization there is no reason there can't be time for crews.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Culex "Why do you enjoy spikes also known as meteor smashes so much?"
"You're often called the pioneer of spikes in Hamilton, and now the trend is growing elsewhere, would say you're a spike god?"
"Why is it you call a spike a takedown?"

HAHA I actually howled when I read this! Man, I'ma make sure to answer those questions :). Takedown!

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Confirm me please illiad with one full set-up as well :). And if niagara has a crew, we have the tourny and crew battles in the bag.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Crews are regional or players choice illiad? There could be some stacked crews if its players choice lol
We should do player choice, that way it'll still end up mostly regional, but things aren't super strict. ( It also leaves a lot less people out)
If its strictly regional, we probably wont get 8 crews for a bracket...

We should also get an idea of what the crews will be beforehand that way we don't lose time. Get planning war generals!

Patches

Smash Master
I'm against Players choice, but with it too.

If its players choice, it'll get rigged.

HOWEVER, since I'm not part of any regional area, really... I won't be able to participate in crews unless its Players Choice. ( I think. I'd still love to take part in crews though. <3 )

What about Brawl+ Crews? Time for that?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Are we not all pretty much going to choose our own regions?

Maybe something like regional, but you could have 2 people who are non regional?
Either that or some kind of wild card team? (Organization of such would be pretty hard...)

Think about it, say there is sauga, niagara, hamilton, 2 ottawa teams and toronto... thats only six.
If you don't make it strictly regional, then you see sauga (possibly even 2 teams), niagara, hamilton, 2 ottawa teams, toronto (possible 2 teams) and wildcard like business. That will make 8 crews easily.

Patches

Smash Master
I agree with Minus.

OR, if we do players choice, we should put in some sort of rule so its not completely rigged. Like... have a limit as to how many players from any PR there can be or something.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of coming to this. It seems like it is going to be pretty big, would this be a bad first tourny to go to? I live about 2.5 hours away.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Alright. As I'm understanding it, crews if not done as regional should be done as such:

-Top players who participate will be seperated into crew captains.

-Among these top players, those who are the lower in skill will pick first, the best will pick last

-Each captain will pick one player to join them until everyone has selected one player, the process will repeat and each captain will pick another player until everyone has selected two players, and this will continue until each team has five players.

-Crews will be done in single elimination brackets, THOUGH if everyone absolutely wants to, we can do it in double elimination, but something tells me that might take a while.

-In crews, if a player selects their character and chooses a neutral stage, the other player may not change their character. If they choose a counterpick, the continuing player is allowed to change their character.

-Each player will have 3 stocks. So thats 15 stocks total if there are five per team.

-20$ per crew, winner takes all.

That sound about right to everyone?

@ Soma Ghost
This would be a great first tourney to come to. It will expose you to a large tournament, though it won't be so large that it will overwhelm you as a first timer. If you're unsure of rules etc, the captain of your pool will help you out, and make sure you're doing everything properly. Any other info you need is at the first page in the original post.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
shotty on Ambroses crew <3

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

edit: i just got a funny idea,how about all the Mks here in one crew? the pro banners would **** bricks LOL

me,hype,ace,doc,brose? danggggggggggg

Top Bottom