• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer -- Aug 15, Hamilton ON, Ally / RayneX PRE-REG FAST!

Iliad

Smash Lord

--HAVOC IN THE HAMMER--
Havoc in the Hammer?

That's right, Havoc in the Hammer. A soon to be epic Brawl and Melee tournament located in Hamilton, Ontario. A venue to end all venues, able to fit 250 smashers(That's right, 250), a parking complex across the street (No parking meters for you!), a restaurant only a few metres away as well as a cash bar for those who are 19 years of age or older! Now I know what you're thinking, "I'm sold, give me every last detail so I can hurry down there on the 15th!" and thats a great thought, so here you are:

Where?

Sheraton Hotel
116 King Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

The second floor of the hotel is host to several ballroom and conference rooms. We snagged the largest, at a surprisingly low price. (Venue fee is 800$)

http://img25.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00796xbb.jpg

Contact Info for the Hotel:
1 905 529-5515 (For booking or other info pertaining to venue and venue location.)

Contact Info for Iliad the Marthiest:
1 905 520-0424 (Cell)
Danath2@hotmail.com (MSN)

When?

August 15th, 2009.

As of yet, this is going to be a one day event. But I do not want a venue like this going to waste, and I want some international hype. A Canadian COT4, but with less fail. (No offense Chibo) So given the venue fee, if I can secure 160 smashers for certain, I will rent out the room for two days. The more smashers, the less the venue fee. (Which looks to be 10$ for now.)

What?

This tournament will be running both singles and doubles- and if we have time, a low tier singles tourney.

Venue Fee: 10$ (This will drop as more and more smashers pre-reg.)

Singles: 10$

Doubles: 10$ (Per teammate)

Singles Prize Pool distribution will be:
1st- 55%
2nd- 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 5%(2.5% / 2.5%)
(This WILL change based on attendance.)

Doubles Prize Pool distribution will be:
1st- 60% (30%p1 / 30%p2)
2nd- 25% (12.5%p1 / 12.5%p2)
3rd- 15% (7.5%p1 / 7.5%p2)
How?

GENERAL RULES FOR BRAWL

3 stock, 7 minute timer (Items are set to off and none)
All matches will be best of three with the exception of Losers finals, Winners finals, and Grand Finals, which will be best of five.

Stage striking will be in effect for all matches. (Both players will strike a neutral stage until one neutral is left, which will then be played as the first match. Both players are allowed 1 stage ban, regardless of Bo3 or Bo5.)

Dave's stupid rule is in effect for all matches excluding pools. (If player A has beaten player B on a stage, player A may not choose that stage again unless both players agree.)

Matches that end in sudden death, will not be determined through sudden death. The player with the lower percentage or stock advantage prior to sudden death will be declared the winner.

Suicide moves that result in sudden death will ignore sudden death and result as a win for the player who initiated the suicide move. (Ganondorf or Bowser side B.) If by chance Ganon or Bowser dies before the character grabbed does, and the game ends in a win for the opposing player, this win will be ignored and given to the player who initiated the suicide grab. (If you can't stop a bowsercide or a ganoncide, you don't deserve the win. xD)

Stage List:

[Neutrals]
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

[Counters]
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Halberd
(I know it seems bleak, but I've seen a lot of complaints about Norfair, Pirate Ship, and even Pictochat, so let me know if you think another stage deserves on the counter list.)

BANNED TECHNIQUES!-- If caught by the TO or other assigned staff doing any of this, you will be disqualified from your match.

-Metaknight's infinite cape glitch.
-Marth's infinite grab on Ness/Lucas
-Dedede's standing / walking infinite chaingrab

(Chaingrabbing into a wall, like those found in Delfino, Rainbow Cruise and other stages are allowed to a certain degree. If after six grabs the opponent is not launched, you will be warned and asked to stop. If you do it again, you will be disqualified from the match.)
-Iceclimbers trade-off/hobbling chaingrab for more than six grabs.

-Planking and Stalling!
(I cannot stess this enough, if I hear a complaint about stalling or planking I will watch the match personally. If I do not see any aggression for a full minute, I will disqualify you. Also, if I hear a complaint of serious planking I will ask to see the after game report to determine how many ledge grabs were achieved. If something ridiculous such as 70+ ledge grabs is what you have compared to the opposing player's 20, I will disqualify you for obvious planking, unless you can prove otherwise.)

BRAWL DOUBLES SPECIFIC RULES

Life stealing is allowed.

Team attack is turned ON

Chibo's colour blind rule is in effect. If a player has seeing disability, he or she may take priority in choosing team colours as to distinguish teammates easily.

Controller ports for doubles will be done in 1221 fashion.

MELEE GENERAL RULES (As written by GRMO)

* No items
* 4 stock
* 7 minutes
* Best of 3, semis and finals are best of 5
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Fountain of Dreams (banned in teams)
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Mute City (banned in teams)
Poke Floats
Corneria
Brinstar

Everything else is banned.

Additional Rules for Teams

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
* Add Mushroom Kingdom II to the Counter Stage List

Schedule

7am- Set-ups for both Brawl and Melee

10:30am-12pm- Registration for all events

12pm- Doubles Brawl/Melee brackets

1pm- Singles pools Brawl/Melee regardless of doubles brackets completion.

4pm- 1 hour lunch break.

5pm- Singles brackets brawl/melee as well as doubles GF.

12am- Venue closes.

Attendees
51 confirmed for brawl.
18 confirmed for melee.
20 unconfirmed for either game.

1.Iliad (Brawl)
2.Ally (Brawl)
3.Holy (Brawl)
4.Jaske (Brawl)
5.sauc3 (Brawl)
6.Culex (Brawl)
7.Zen (Melee)
8.Toronto Joe (Brawl)
9.NikoK (Brawl)
10.KingAce (Brawl)
11.Stos (Melee)
12.Desh
13.SRTM (Brawl)
14.Hype (Brawl)
15.Guru (Brawl)
16.P.B.
17.Kuenzel (Brawl)
18.Izzo (Brawl)
19.Tippr (Brawl)
20.Phiddlesticks (Brawl) (Melee)
21.RayneX (Melee)
22.Idea (Melee)
23.Sanuzi (Melee)
24.Pastaboy (Brawl) (Melee)
25.Chaotic (Brawl)
26.AvariceX (Brawl)
27.Pho (Brawl)
28.Cyan (Brawl)
29.Captain Dee (Brawl)
30.Ayaz (Brawl)
31.Nasir (Brawl)
32.Greg
33.Ryan FW (Brawl)
34.Nickcam (Brawl)
35.Violent-Nin (Brawl)
36.Fool (Brawl)
37.ShiFu (Brawl)
38.Stannum (Brawl)
39.Marik Yoshi (Brawl)
40.WorldJem (Melee)
41.CoconutCommander
42.Merco
43.Doc (Brawl)
44.LeafyBug
45.SummonedFist
46.Patches (Brawl) (Melee)
47.Nerphie
48.infzy
49.Nightmare(Trademarked)
50.BuenoB (Brawl)
51.Sieg
52.Fogel (Brawl) (Melee)
53.Rapid
54."Steve"
55.Minus (Brawl)
56.Lawlbot (Melee)
57.Eugene
58.5ive (Brawl)
59.Xepher
60.Kuju
61.Rock
62.Xrtm
63.Tin-Man (Brawl) (Melee)
64.Tasty(AKA Chef, TSF) (Brawl)
65.Linksta (Melee)
66.Linksta's friend (Melee)
67.Linksta's friend (Melee)
68.Linksta's friend (Melee)
69.Linkshot (Brawl)
70.PNDMike (Brawl) (Melee)
71.Kinger (Brawl)
72.Kinger's friend (Brawl)
73.Kinger's friend (Brawl)
74.Ray_Kalm (Brawl)
75.Yoh (Brawl)
76.Jiggernaut (Brawl)
77.ElectricPrincess (Brawl)
78.Raidos (Brawl)
79.KC (Brawl)
80.Cruxis (Brawl)
81.Wolfblade (Brawl)
82.Moe) (Melee)
83.Pyrenite (Brawl)

Set-ups

THIS IS IMPORTANT. I NEED AS MANY SET-UPS AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. TVs, WIIs, GAMECUBES, EXTENSION/POWER CORDS. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!

Brawl Setups
TVs / Wiis Total at 15 TVs 16 Wiis, bring your Wiis as I will be renting extra TVs from the venue

Iliad - 5 TVs 4 Wiis
TSF - 1 TV
Jaske/Jerbear - 1 TV 1 Wii
NikoK - 1 TV 1 Wii (I believe he said one, could be multiple)
Kuenzul - 1 Wii
Chaotic - 1 TV
AvariceX - 1 TV 1 Wii
Guru - 1 Wii
TO Joe - 1 Wii
Fool - 1 Wii
Stannum - 1 Wii
LeafyBug - 2 TVs 1 Wii
Patches - 1 Wii
Culex - 1 Wii
Nerphie - 1 TV
TinMan - 1 TV 1 Wii
Raidos 1 TV 1 Wii

Melee Setups
TVs / Gamecubes / Wiis 5 TVs, 7 Gamecubes total

Sanuzi - 3 TVs, 4 Gamecubes
Greg - 1 Gamecube
Iliad - 1 Gamecube
Lawlbot - 1 Tv, 1 Gamecube/Wii
Tinman - 1 Gamecube
Zen - 1 TV 1 Gamecube/Wii

Housing

IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE HOUSING TO OUT OF TOWNERS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.

Iliad - FULL (Housing; Patches, Siegfried, +1 more friend of Patches)
NikoK - FULL(?) (Housing; M2K, Vidjo, HolyNightmare, Chester, Kage, Zaf, Joel)

Iliad

Smash Lord
800$ venue fee will be paid off by attendees in the venue fee obviously. Should not enough people come, i'll take one for the team. (More like 200 for the team). Venue fee will NOT **** the pot. That is the last thing you need to worry about.

Second off, Venue fee will not **** the pot/my pocket if enough people come. I want this hyped hard. I want all of the ontario smashers to come, no excuse given a solid venue and an opportunity to play ally. If possible, i want some international hype. I genuinely wanna make this the Canadian CoT4. Whens the last time Canada, forget Ontario, had a 100+ brawl tourney? This needs to be massive.

idea

Smash Master
adding melee will get you lots of people from the GTA and surrounding areas (10 easy, more like 20 if i had to guess), but we'd probably all want housing.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
adding melee will get you lots of people from the GTA and surrounding areas (10 easy, more like 20 if i had to guess), but we'd probably all want housing.
im sure we can easily get 20 +
i mean like it is summer :laugh:

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
It would be a lot more than that. He said this venue could hold an epic number of people. Think like FC epic. In fact, this might have to go for two days.
I'll ask GRMO about rules set-ups, i'll see how feasible melee is at the tourney.
Alright, I'll be on msn all day (I'm still sick rofl). I'll probably be playing WoW so just leave a message. I usually minimize it to check messages every ten minutes or so.

btw, that's a nice looking first post.

EDIT: One more very important thing: to prevent my mistake in my tournament last weekend, I HIGHLY recomment having a specific signup system so you know who is coming for what. On that note, I'll be entering for Melee for sure (maybe Brawl) and will try to bring two full setups, but don't confirm it yet. You may want to consider looking for some other source of support for setups (renting, possible sponsors). I'll help you out with that later.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh, this is in summer? i didn't check =P

SHORTS ALL DAI
bahahaha Kyle your so funny

"SHORTS ALL DAI" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

its go time motha****as.

Tourney + Beach... gameover

anyways

alright i can bring tv and a melee set up.

idea

Smash Master
oh man! if we can find a beach with lots of outlets...that would just be the funniest sight. right in the middle of a regular beach crowded with, y'know, "normal people," there would be all these smashers sitting on towels, and 20 tvs all lined up. completely dressed for the beach too, but all playing video games =P

someone would ask me what i'm doing, and i'd say "crouch canceling," and they'd be even more confused than before.

idea

Smash Master
lol, then we could definitely get more than 20 for melee.

batman looks cooler than mewtwo.

that'd be an interesting fight, actually

Iliad

Smash Lord
As an added incentive---

IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN TV AND WII TO USE AS A SETUP IT WILL KNOCK OFF $5 FROM THE VENUE FEE (Excluding myself). IF YOU BRING MULTIPLE TVS, YOU CAN USE THAT TO KNOCK OFF $5 FROM THE VENUE FEE FOR A BUDDY.

HOWEVER, YOU MUST LET ME KNOW PRIOR TO BRINGING IT AS WE WILL NOT HAVE SPACE FOR A ****LOAD OF TVS, AND I'LL LIKELY CUT OFF THE TV COUNT AT AROUND 25-30. SHOW UP AT THE DOOR WITH A TV WHEN WE DON'T NEED IT MEANS YOU'RE S.O.L.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Ooh, a day before my birthday.

I'll probably be there, but put me down as a maybe, and for Brawl only. Put Green Greens on. :]

Top Bottom