• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer -- Aug 15, Hamilton ON, Ally / RayneX PRE-REG FAST!

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Owned. I'm already psyched. Me and mah two buds are coming for Brawl fo sho:
Kuenzel (obviously)
Izzo
TIPPR

I also have a Wii with Homebrew that has infinite replays, as well as saves Tags if we need some means to record. I'm bringing it for sure, not sure about a TV tho...

Iliad

Smash Lord
UPDATED INFO!

Venue is confirmed, I've paid in full. Setup time is from 7am-12pm. Tourney time itself will be from 12pm-11pm (Though this may be extended if need be.)

As far as an actual schedule, that will be worked out sometime shortly. ANYONE BRINGING SETUPS BE EARLY, I WANT TO AND LIKELY WILL START THE TOURNEY AT NOON REGARDLESS OF YOU BEING LATE WITH A SET-UP.

Also!

Pictures of the venue:

http://img25.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00796xbb.jpg

The tables won't be there come tourney time, rectangle tables will line the walls centre area MAY be used if necessary, but likely won't. This is the real deal folks, get ****ing pumped.

idea

Smash Master
nice venue =) do we get to use those chairs? they look comfy.

having enough chairs and tables is important for a tournament, too.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Chairs and tables are provided for free of charge. Only thing I need to do some extra renting for are the extension cords and microphone, as the hotel can't allow outside products for that stuff.

No before you ask, that won't be paid for by the venue fee, thats out of my pocket.

Darcia

Smash Rookie
If you end up having Melee and if I can go or not, I would provide a Gamecube + Game.

edit: Though I wouldn't be competing.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Definitely coming to this... it's so far from now but that's what makes it so awesome!! Get HYPE! etc.

=P

As an added incentive---

IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN TV AND WII TO USE AS A SETUP IT WILL KNOCK OFF $5 FROM THE VENUE FEE (Excluding myself). IF YOU BRING MULTIPLE TVS, YOU CAN USE THAT TO KNOCK OFF $5 FROM THE VENUE FEE FOR A BUDDY.

HOWEVER, YOU MUST LET ME KNOW PRIOR TO BRINGING IT AS WE WILL NOT HAVE SPACE FOR A ****LOAD OF TVS, AND I'LL LIKELY CUT OFF THE TV COUNT AT AROUND 25-30. SHOW UP AT THE DOOR WITH A TV WHEN WE DON'T NEED IT MEANS YOU'RE S.O.L.
I'm taking you up on this offer; I'll be bringing three complete Melee setups and possible a fourth ^_^

idea

Smash Master
^ i call first buddy in association with sanuzi's setups

this also counts as me confirming if i haven't already. i think i have, though.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Definitevely coming to this, I hope you know what you're doing by renting such an expensive venue. If we end up having less then 80 people the venue will **** the pot, I have doubts you'll get many people from USA to come to this because I haven't seen any people from there coming to one of our tourneys yet. But since it's still so far away you got time to gather people, good luck!

unknown522

Some guy
aww, wasting me 1337th post on this......better be worth it.

Anyways, I'm down for melee. I can bring a cube + melee, and maybe a TV if I get a ride there somehow.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Definitevely coming to this, I hope you know what you're doing by renting such an expensive venue. If we end up having less then 80 people the venue will **** the pot, I have doubts you'll get many people from USA to come to this because I haven't seen any people from there coming to one of our tourneys yet. But since it's still so far away you got time to gather people, good luck!
For the fifth bloody time man, VENUE FEE WILL NOT **** THE POT. It was paid for by my mom's creditcard, I will have been paying her back out of my own pocket. The venue fee is coming back to me, to re-imburse my investment.

If we get 80+ people, the extra money goes INTO the pot.

Seriously guys, stop sketching out about the venue fee.

Gichan

Smash Champion
This tourney is a million years away, but I'll be definitely coming to this. If I don't get a ride with broski I can still bus to this

yyeaa *****es, hyypee!

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, I should be able to come because:

1. It's during the summer.
2. It's close enough.
3. It's Melee and Brawl!

if Sylar can give me a ride then you can probably expect Byron and I to show up as well.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Iliad, confirm me. Day before my birthday yee.

I'll bring an extension cord.

Shikyo Naito

Smash Rookie
Well ThaCanuck will see about makin it, it's near my own Bday so I'll have the cash to get there, I just gotta get up to snuff so I aint a first out :D

Greg_2390

Smash Rookie
write Greg down for melee singles, and ill bring either a cube or a wii with melee, will see what i have laying around by august.

strawhats

Smash Master
5ive gets =9000 respect points for Ken avatar

Cool by this time around you guys may just be facing the winner of Genesis and best player in the world, m2k. That is if he can beat mango.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo, since this is at a hotel, isn't it possible for out of towners to get some kind of deal with the hotel for rooms? the thing is, I remember Niko telling me something like this. You are going to be bringing manmany people, leading to a **** loadof potential customers. So maybe you should talk to whoever is in charge of the hotel to give discounts to the people attending, this would lead to a sexy smashfest at night and give oos people an option. I highly doubt people will be able to house many homies, this will probably be huge.

Iliad

Smash Lord
The issue with that is I need to know I have a lot coming. It costs more into the venue fee for that deal to take place. I've already spoken with the manager about this before. Until I see the pre-reg at 80+ I can't ask for this. Though if I did, it would not be something iffy, it would be a guaranteed happening.

That being said, the venue fee is at 800 dollars right now (Which btw was knocked down by the manager from 1200 because she felt it would be a positive and likely profitable experience for the hotel) and I have not even 40 pre-regged. Meaning I'm going to have to pay 400$ out of my own pocket to pay off the other half to my mother who staked me on the venue (Hotels aren't like halls, and require creditcard payment or a creditcard guarantee prior to the event). As well, because no one is volunteering set-ups currently, I'm also going to be paying out of my pocket to rent TVs from the hotel.

What I need right now, are more registrants, and more set-ups. If you were willing to bring a TV to niagara or brampton or even Ottawa/Montreal and you're from the GTAN area, I see absolutely no reason why you can't bring a set-up to this tourney as well.

One last thing, as for housing? While I'm working on more housing in hamilton, for out of province/country players, I think maybe GTA and Niagara could possibly provide housing as they've done so in the past.

This tourney should be no different from any other Canadian tourney, other than it being way higher on the kick-*** scale.

Also, sorry if I came across as *****y or nagging in this post, rough day.

nickcam

Smash Ace
I'll definitely be there if this is happening. Illiad dont worry people will sign up eventually its still a while away

Gichan

Smash Champion
Don't forget Broski and his tv and wii. Plus a recording set-up.

Which reminds me, people should also look into bringing recording set-ups as well for a sex tournament needs to be shown to the world.

Iliad

Smash Lord
I need people to tell me what they're bringing. I can't assume they'll bring things even if it's likely they're going to.

There's an old addage that goes "Assumptions are the mothers of all **** ups."

And I don't want this tourney to be a **** up in any way shape or form.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Don't forget Broski and his tv and wii. Plus a recording set-up.

Which reminds me, people should also look into bringing recording set-ups as well for a sex tournament needs to be shown to the world.
Well, I already said I was bringing mine. It has Homebrew for infinite replay time + Saves Tags.

Top Bottom