• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer -- Aug 15, Hamilton ON, Ally / RayneX PRE-REG FAST!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Infzy please do not come in here with that, as if the bottom of the hill is not a ridiculously good camping spot with an escape route that is un punishable and that can also loop back to the original camping spot.

Its not even primarily about MK, any good character can do this at DP, MK just does it better.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Rather, I think you should bring this up in the Official Stage Legality Discussion Thread. You are making an assertion that I don't believe has received sufficient scrutiny whatsoever.

Are there any vids of high-level play being destroyed by this "broken" tactic? How many matchups does it break?

Edit: errr, but yea I really shouldn't be spammy with this kinda stuff in a tourney thread, srry. Especially since I can't even make it to this one :( watching-meteor-shower-at-cottage-with-a-buncha-random-girls johns :laugh:

buenob

Smash Lord
lol, best and most legitimate john i've heard in a while :)

the stage list is fine... it all depends on who you play with, and at an epic tournament like this, the easiest (and most consistent) way of keeping everyone happy is to have a smaller stage list, since there's less "omg that stage @#$^'s my main!"...

that's not to say that if two players agree to play on a level, they can't... three-for-alls on custom levels to decide top3 anyone?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
in case u were wondering, i'm pretending I didnt hear u say this (u knows what I meanz)

mk camping even vs a character with a good procectile game? (falco/snake/rob/) :confused:
They're referring to your assertion that you will do well in Melee, not anything relating to Brawl. I've played Melee since release (only recently tried playing in tourney though); I get ***** by everyone and expect to continue doing so for at least another year or so.

Edit: A projectile game doesn't stop ledge camping except for a very few projectiles (PKT).

Patches

Smash Master
They're referring to your assertion that you will do well in Melee, not anything relating to Brawl. I've played Melee since release (only recently tried playing in tourney though); I get ***** by everyone and expect to continue doing so for at least another year or so.
Man, I saw your wedding issue. It sucks that you might not be able to go, I do enjoy seeing you at tournaments.

Iliad

Smash Lord
schedule is updated. Give'er a look. Still open to suggestions on anything. I am a man of the people. Unless you want Japes banned, in which case, stfu. :D

infomon

Smash Scientist
"-Marth's infinite grab on Ness/Lucas"

I thought Marth only had a walking chaingrab on them, ie. not an infinite.
Unless it's against a permanent wall, of which there are none amirite?

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
I still think D3's standing infinite should be banned, If Marth on ness/lucas is too. Also some people might use Samus or Mario or DK vs a D3, the standing Infinite would be gay, you'd just get rocked, it'd be I.C all over again >_>. BTW I think 6 grabs should've been fine, unless an IC player is vs a MK, which by all means you should be aloud to infinite the MK.....YES it would be fair to infinite MK and be limited to 6 for everyone else. =)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
and Snake?

Snake hard counters ICs.

but it'd be stupid to make a rule like "okay guiz, you can infinite MK and Snake since ICs has a hard time against them but not against the other ppl cuz they're too ez so 6 grab limit on them kk?"

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'll try my best to review the posts and determine who's playing in what, but I can't give any promises. I'm nearing exams, i'm going to have a very busy schedule.

On the other hand, if people would be willing to re-post what games they're interested in participating in, I would appreciate it, and I will label it accordingly.

linksta888

Smash Apprentice
I'll be playing Melee, three of my friends will be playing Melee as well.
So four people total. We're probably bringing a TV and 2 cubes as well. If you needed a repost. :)

Iliad

Smash Lord
brawl+ is unlikely, as crews will take priority over a brawl+ bracket.

I've done my best to confirm each game for everyone who's posted after me, as well as those I can remember off of my head.

45 confirmed for brawl, 15 confirmed for melee, 17 unconfirmed for either game.

Hype

Smash Lord
brawl+ is unlikely, as crews will take priority over a brawl+ bracket.

I've done my best to confirm each game for everyone who's posted after me, as well as those I can remember off of my head.

45 confirmed for brawl, 15 confirmed for melee, 17 unconfirmed for either game.
Tbh you should give B+ priorirty over crews. By having B+ you would bring more people to help pay for the venue and no one is going to drop out because they can't do crews. Also the B+ people could bring their own TV's so it wouldn't really slow anything else down.

Patches

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree with Hype on this one. I myself won't be taking part of crews unless like... its Brawl+ and even then I have a VERY SLIM CHANCE of anyone wanting me to be in say.. the GTA crew or such. After all, I do live in the middle of nowhere.

Just saying though, if Brawl+ is there, a side tournament can bring in some extra cash, more than crews would.

Edit: Iliad, put me down for Brawl & Melee. I might as well do both.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
WE BETTER HAVE 62 PEOPLE FOR BRAWL (cause i wanna experience a tourney the next bracket size up :p) Definately gonna get 16 ppl for melee, i wonder how many others for Brawl+, sing me up for Brawl+.

I would do crews but iunno depends how many ppl per crew, unless we split the GTA into even smaller crews and do 5 v 5. Vaughan crew anyone?

buenob

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure pools will whittle it down to a 32 man bracket, unless attendance skyrockets :) which it might

5ive

Smash Champion
I'll be there for Brawl. I'd like to enter Brawl+, but I'll probably have to leave early.

Top Bottom