• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer -- Aug 15, Hamilton ON, Ally / RayneX PRE-REG FAST!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just a couple of things

1. Is there a chance the Venue fee will go down, we have almost 62 ppl pre-registered?

2. Maybe make the prizes 60/30/10? Just because there seems to be a huge gap between 1st and 2nd, and not enough of a gap between 2nd and 3rd.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
isnt it 69 people? i sure hope so, cause it would be very nice to see 80 people show up so we can cover the venue without the TO spending $100+

pastaboy

Smash Champion
man this is looking soo good, keep it up guys. i can bring a setup if it isnt alrdy on the op. if melee players r entering brawl, i think il enter melee this time.

i culd probobly house some us players possibly, niagara is closer to the border.

TheSkullFer

Smash Cadet
dont worry iliad n i are splitting the rest so 70 = 700 we are 100 short so 50/50 kinda thing
and seriously 2MM flacon vs flacon any1 im really bad even ask iliad

Iliad

Smash Lord
Nah deaners, you're a fellow TO, but i'm spending on this by my lonesome. i don't mind dropping 100$ on hosting this. That's fine. I was only pissed off about having to spend like 400 dollars earlier. No quams what so ever with having to spend 100$ on the venue fee.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Besides if its 100$ I'll pitch in too, so 33.33$ between 3 of us, Cuz this is deff something i've been looking forward too for months, and Iliad your pitching in that 0.01$ :3 i bet you'll get at least 90-100 people showing up anyways, Pre register and people that are just like party crashers and just show up at of the blue....btw, have you told other Hamilton smashers from pownz or what not to show up, like Splon or Throne for example?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm seriously thinking of attending this with my girlfriend, but we need to finalize some plans before we're sure. There are some things I'd like to know that would make planning easier, though.

First of all, what time are you expecting this to start/end? I didn't see it on the post, and I imagine it just hasn't been finalized yet, but what is the estimate? 12-12 or something?

Also, if it does happen to be two days, will it just be a low tier tourney on the second day in the morning, or will the singles and doubles brackets move over to day two? This will obviously affect plans.

Another thing, I wouldn't really worry about the turnout being less than 80 people if I were you. Really, you have nearly that many people already, and there is still, like, 25 days to go. People just show up without registering, too. You should only start worrying, like, a week before hand.

I should also be able to bring over my wii with brawl to the tourney. Is there some sort of guarantee if something happens to it, btw? I understand if there isn't though.

Iliad

Smash Lord
@ Culex
lmao neither of you ***s are pitching money on this, got it? Secondly, I have no reason to tell anyone to not show up. I need bigger attendance. Who the **** told you that? o.O

@ Jiggernaut
No guarantee on your wii i'm sorry, though it may knock money off your venue fee. 12 pm is when I hope for it to start, registration and setups will be 10:30am - 12 pm. I have the place until 11pm, but chances are they might extend our deadline a little further if needed. Also, it is going to be a one day event, not two day. Can't afford a two day. Though depending on this tourney's success, this may become an annual/semi-annual thing. And if it's successful enough I won't have any quams with renting out a venue for multiple days.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
btw, have you told other Hamilton smashers from pownz or what not to show up, like Splon or Throne for example?
I dont know the guy, but there was a guy who worked at pownz who played a good yoshi, brexxer or something. if anyone knows him see if he's coming.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Ahh, now since im unbanned let's talk :)

I'll come if i can get M2K or Ally to team with me

i can probably get one.

buenob

Smash Lord
niko are you going to try to bail on teaming with me again? seriously, not cool :p...

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm totally kidding Ben :p I'm coming to Mikes the day before this to play with you and the Ottawa boys :p

Patches

Smash Master
I'm getting more excited for this, each and every day that comes closer.

I still don't know what my housing situation is in Hamilton, all I do know is that I will PROBABLY need housing for the night so Sieg, Nerphie and myself can bus it back to Ingersoll in the morning.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ahh, now since im unbanned let's talk :)

I'll come if i can get M2K or Ally to team with me

i can probably get one.
loooooool Anti you got banned from the Genesis weekend :laugh:

You're def playing with me, Joe and Cyan before the tournament. And bring that kid M2K. I heard he'd good.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
LOl yep, most likely i'll try to bring m2k and team with him if not him or Ally possibly ADHD.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol this is gonna be some eipc **** goin on...

m2k, $10 bo3 mm? my rob your mk

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
fhaclacvlaispgashgaghlaf Nate you backstabbing piece of bird I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!

k I'm only entering singles **** this ^_^
HAhaha **** man I totally forgot we were going to team for this. It seems like with so many tournaments its hard to remember. I'd still team with you but me and percon are teaming to get better experience for snes cause we're teaming there too. Sorry bro, we're like so overdue to team lol, you'll get a good partner for this though no doubt :laugh:

Also Beunob absolutely on that mm.

I gotta mm like all the americans that come down too.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Doc. Wanna double? xD

I'm likin this hype folks. keep it up. Anti, you'll be the sexiest mother ****er to ever grace hamilton if you score both m2k and adhd.

Patches

Smash Master
Lets see.

M2K, Ally, Anti, ADHD?

Get *****.

Iliad, whats the status on housing? Is there anyone able to house 2 people? Maybe 3?

Iliad

Smash Lord
Tasty may be able to house you, I was lookin to house mostly out of country folk but if it comes down to it, you guys can crash at my place. Keep in mind though, you may be sleeping on the floor, so perhaps, bring a sleeping bag? lol

Patches

Smash Master
Tasty may be able to house you, I was lookin to house mostly out of country folk but if it comes down to it, you guys can crash at my place. Keep in mind though, you may be sleeping on the floor, so perhaps, bring a sleeping bag? lol
Thats fine, and screw that. I dont need no bag. I'm a man. I just curl up in a ball.

Thanks Iliad, I'll let you know whats going on if I need you to house closer to the time.

Top Bottom