• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer -- Aug 15, Hamilton ON, Ally / RayneX PRE-REG FAST!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Unintentionally, it has been done. MK is the only one that doesn't have a bad stage yet.

I suggest Port Town, Pipes, or Onett. MK can do some pretty gay water things.

buenob

Smash Lord
lolz, i say leave it up to the TO, 'cause things get ugly fast when debating this stuff :)

nickcam

Smash Ace
Illiad not sure if anyone told you this yet but you should look into hosting other fighting games at the venue aswell in order to make sure the venue fee is covered

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Is there a stage that can be added to the counter pick list thats not just another stage for Mk to beat u on?

Pirate ship?
Port Town Aero Dive?

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tournament_legal_(SSBB)

just looking at this to see if there are any other stages for CP that MK can't abuse
you want to add a stage to the CP list just for the sole purpose because MK does bad on it?

that's stupid...

and there is none anyways

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
i dont think going out of our way to disadvantage metaknight is going to solve anything (or work, due to all the mk mains). If you main a character who you think has an unwinnable matchup against mk, then pick up a secondary/tetiary that can put up a fight (there are many that are fairly effective against metaknight... even metaknight dittos is a solution) if you are sad because metaknights are placing higher than you then learn to be better at smash by learning new characters. it is foolish to only ever play one character. in conclusion: no I don't play metaknight, but he really isnt unbeatable. and if he is then why don't the people complaining main him and get 1st?

Iliad

Smash Lord
Send me a PM if you want a map change. Don't debate it the thread, or I'll ask the mods to delete your posts. No flaming on my tourney thread *****es. Now go have sex with Charlie Murphy.

@ Anti - Try contacting Holy, he seems your best bet bro. I haven't been able to contact Ally either for a second confirmation.

@ The stage banners - When you PM me about the map change... SELL IT WELL! I MEAN THIS. If i see a PM that says "Lol thiz stag iz kul. u shud ad it." i'll definitely make it a point NOT to add it to the list. Give me a good argument beyond "Metaknight is gay, and it'll straighten him up."

*Edit*

@ Nickcam - Venue fee is really no issue anymore assuming the people who have confirmed DO show. But I'll consider it. It's a big venue, but it's not THAT big. Best I can think is a b+ side tourney. I promised Jaske crew battles, but that might have to be done during time when brackets are bogged down / into quarters/semis/finals

*Double Edit*

Also, I was called by the venue today to remind me about the tourney (lol i guess they knew I forgot.) and to make sure everything was fine. I asked about having the time extended to midnight, they agreed happily. However, going above midnight is NOT an option. So as a warning ahead of time. Friendlies are cool, I get it. But if you have a bracket match to play, ****ing play it.

Patches

Smash Master
Just a confirmation on stuff we're bringing.

Patches - 1 Wii with Brawl+ (incase we have it)
Sieg - 1 Gamecube (I'm on the phone with Sieg right now, he says he is only playing brawl)
Nerphie - 1 TV + a Wii

Edit: Myself, Sieg and Nerphie will actually need housing for the night of the tournament. So if anyone can do so, please let me know.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Ingersoll is a ways out I take it? I should be able to house you guys assuming that no americans/mtl need housing with me.

bring sleepingbags or something though broski, cause 3 people means not everyone gets a bed or a couch

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Bad rant is bad.

MK is beatable. Thusly, no ban.

Case and point.

Also, where do I go to vote "No. Why would you even consider this after Snake has beaten the best MK in the world?"

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You're not reading well enough. Notice the part where I said he's destroying our local community.

Oh right, you didn't, you just read what you wanted to read. I guess it makes sense you wouldn't aknowledge the parts that you'd look stupid to argue against.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
you want to add a stage to the CP list just for the sole purpose because MK does bad on it?

that's stupid...

and there is none anyways
it isnt stupid, every character deserves a stage to be tournement legal that they do bad on. Apparently pipes and port town exist so yeah

buenob

Smash Lord
lol minus, LS does read, he just choses to think that your rant is bad :p

i also think that's a bad rant... if he's beatable, then it's the community in general which is failing, not MK... people just don't care enough to find his faults, and that's not MK's fault... I personally disagree with the statement that all good players will do better with MK

your community should enjoy playing the game and enjoy getting better at the game... instead of attempting to augment the lack of skill by switching to MK... it's no ones fault but your community as a whole, not MK in the slightest...

and mad props to Ace, who continues to actually get better at this game... if all you guys do is try to mimic him, you'll never get better than him...

Patches

Smash Master
Ingersoll is a ways out I take it? I should be able to house you guys assuming that no americans/mtl need housing with me.

bring sleepingbags or something though broski, cause 3 people means not everyone gets a bed or a couch
Its not... TOO far away.

It's about 2 hours southwestish of Toronto. So.. according to google maps, its like... an hour and change away from the venue.

If you have other people you need to house its fine. I just think its less trouble some for us to bus out at like... midnight.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Its a lot easier for those outside our scene to speak on as if MK isn't totally a problem. So I'd rather you guys butted out, especially considering ottawa's reputation of argueing theory for no reason other than to argue.

Anyways Ben, from your post our action step would be? Suck it up and get better while somehow MK's don't improve. Or quit? Because seriously people are getting tired of this mk business, people are not enjoying the game (this includes some mk players) Would you rather the scene died?
The third option is of course that more an more people pick up Metaknight and we see ditto after ditto.

We cannot run our scene on theory, this is the reality of the situation.

buenob

Smash Lord
lolz, we talk theory because we like the game and have fun, and enjoy spending our time talking about it... wow, we suck for doing that... totally...

i don't see why you would post in here about your scene if you didn't want others commenting on it... and my suggestion would be to learn how to fight against MK's better... so you think you'd learn faster as MK than your current main?... yes! suck it up and improve more than the MK's do... if you're losing, there is a skill gap... period... just by switching that won't make a difference... YOUR community is known for trying to look the best and winning at any cost, just because people attempt to artificially inflate themselves by going MK and not losing _as_ badly to Ace, doesn't mean they're actually getting better, it just means the MK ditto "skill gap" doesn't show as much in %'s... the better player will continue to win

PND

Smash Champion
. . .especially considering ottawa's reputation of argueing theory for no reason other than to argue.
Too true lawl. I remember one biweekly someone was claiming Big Blue should be counterpick. They argued "There is nothing that completely imbalances this level in the favour of any one character, so because it gimps everyone equally it should be CP."

So I picked Wario. GG, no re lol. I re"banned" the stage by just fairing and airdodging. But I'm in favour of a more restrictive stage list, that's one thing I *don't* miss about Ottawa.

@Rest of post:
Pick Snake?

Like Phiddle said in the other topic, I'm anti-ban, but couldn't really care if he gets banned or not. It doesn't really effect me, except for the possibility of more DDD's and even more IC's, lawl.

buenob

Smash Lord
appologies to illiad for getting off topic here :p --but i will admit there was a time when there was too much lenience here lol--

ps if there are going to be crews, how many people on each crew? I don't know if enough people from ottawa will make it down for us to form one on our own... who will take us!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Heh, yeah. My Stage Legality Defense days our over. I just suck it up and let the conservatives play conservatively. If I want to play liberally, I'll play with the liberals.

Yeah, we're still working that out...Ben, have we decided on who's riding the rails? I'd prefer it be a group thing.
I get pessimistic and demotivated when alone >.>;

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'm going to do this in one line guys watch this...

STFU AND STOP ARGUING IN MY TOURNEY THREAD.

@ Nate - I agree there's too much focus on mk, but this is too short notice now, I don't want to see my attendance drop to **** because of a sudden MK ban. I -will- ban MK when I host my next tourney, depending on the success with this one, in a MUCH cheaper venue, so lack of mk won't hurt my wallet.

@ Bueno - Apology accepted.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey man thats cool, I actually wanted most of the discussion to be going on in the other thread, just posted here for reference.
And I of all people know that changing this tournament is impossible, and it was not my goal. Again, just for reference.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
MK wont get banned. 2/3 of votes is necessary and right now its just over 50% for ban mk. This makes me cry but w/e, so basically iliad, dont ban him in the future until these results are finished (SBR ban mk results)

PND

Smash Champion
Actually, it's true. At least, as far as the public poll is concerned, anyway. The SBR will weigh the results of the poll in their ruling, but the banners need to achieve a two third majority in order for MK to be banned.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242903

HOWEVER I suggest you avoid reading that thread aside from the poll results and *maybe* the opening post. Everything else ****es me off.

SORRY WE'RE ****** YOUR TOPIC, ILIAD :(

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Well, that's generally what happens when PNDMike is around. Things get ***** unintentionally. He's just that epic.
His presence has been known to cause seizures.

Iliad

Smash Lord
guys, i feel like a scrub for even saying these words but...

There's a ganon to be feared coming to this tourney, his name is kalm and if you are unprepared, he will **** you.

Top Bottom