• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I've never understood the concept of not liking/wanting to be with someone because they don't like the music you like.

I mean, its one thing if you're a musician and make a living from your band and lifestyle, then i could see how that would be cause for incapatability.

but if you're just a metalhead or something who just really likes a kind of music, I don't see how its such a big deal if ur significant other doesn't want to sit in your bed and blandly listen to music with you. do that on your own imo
I am listening to music like, ALL of the time. When I'm not doing that, I'm playing music. A good majority of it is noisecore or death metal subgenres. If a girl isn't down with that, it won't make for a good time on either end. She doesn't have to love the music, but if she's gonna whine and complain every time I get into it it just will not work out.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree I don't understand the concept either... I guess some people are passionate about their music? :confused:

But I find that ridiculous I've heard of couples that are part of different political parties yet manage to maintain a very healthy marriage.

Haven't seen it yet though considering 99.999% of all people in my town are hardcore Republicans. >.> Ohhh the South...

EDIT: Ninja'd by LT

camerino1

Smash Lord
I'm not into the heaviest side of metal, but it's stuff like Metallica, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I need music to get through the day and unwind, if I don't listen to it then I'm a wreck... it's the only things that's kept me sane lately because of school and home.

So if they aren't into the same music as me they probably wouldn't enjoy being around me when I'm winding down from the day (which is the only time I'm really free.)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You can tell when someones hot no matter what the sex and she doesn't look that hot.
Man are you kidding? If I were straight she'd easily be on my trophy tier.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol spray tan.

Ah there's always a catch.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
this thread never fails
dude I had fun at the start talking about actual relationships and trading stories. really disappointed to see it's degenerated into literally theorycrafting about girls.

MY SOULMATE HAS TO BE JUST. LIKE. MEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (except female)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
a. you should really have the mentality of you can get any girl you want. the first thing a girl looks for in a guy is confidence

b. honestly a confident girl is an attractive thing for me. if she knows shes hot she'll probably act like that to filter out guys that might hesitate in talking to her because she'd want a guy that would take charge. most girls don't want to wear the pants in a relationship.

i understand why you say you don't go after them, but i just recommend you learn to get above that way of thinking. guys are better than girls.

i mean really how many guys look for personality over looks? we're biologically shallow. a great personality is just a bonus imo
a. thats true. youre right. that depends on the day im having. sometimes i feel like i could get any girl i wanted, other days its like, why would a girl even look at me lol.
2. having confidence is great. Being egotistical is terrible.
3. I didnt say that one shouldnt go after the girl of his dreams (it worked for RJ Berger) i was just stating reasons why some people dont.
4. im pretty much a 50-50. Like the looks draw me in to start talking to a girl, but im not going to take it anywhere if I dont like how she acts, you know?

I'm 6'2'' if a girl's taller than me she might as well be a giant.

No thank you.
My cousin is taller than that, and it shouldnt matter because shes really pretty. tall girls also typically have amazing legs if thats one of things you like in a girl.
I think I will be the first to say this, if the person still plays yugioh, I'm in heaven. I still play with my cards all the time. Oh, I suppose music counts for something... I listen to Metallica a lot, so hopefully they don't dislike a little metal.
Personally, I dont think the validity of a relationship should be dependant on choice of hobbies. I happen to love Yugioh, and clearly Im a fan of video games to be on this site. but the last 2 girls I had things with, both of them were incredibly disinterested in both. but that wasnt a huge deal. part of what makes a relationship fun is 2 people with different tastes, coming together. When you go out of your own box and take some time to do things that you wouldnt normally do but is a favorite of your SO, it can turn out really well.
I've never understood the concept of not liking/wanting to be with someone because they don't like the music you like.

I mean, its one thing if you're a musician and make a living from your band and lifestyle, then i could see how that would be cause for incapatability.

but if you're just a metalhead or something who just really likes a kind of music, I don't see how its such a big deal if ur significant other doesn't want to sit in your bed and blandly listen to music with you. do that on your own imo
I am listening to music like, ALL of the time. When I'm not doing that, I'm playing music. A good majority of it is noisecore or death metal subgenres. If a girl isn't down with that, it won't make for a good time on either end. She doesn't have to love the music, but if she's gonna whine and complain every time I get into it it just will not work out.
I agree with both of these.
dude I had fun at the start talking about actual relationships and trading stories. really disappointed to see it's degenerated into literally theorycrafting about girls.

MY SOULMATE HAS TO BE JUST. LIKE. MEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (except female)
1. I feel like im partially to blame, so my next post in here will go back to actually explaining whats going on in my love life atm.

2. I always wanted to find a girl that was a lot like me. lol youre right. but differences in the right ways and amounts can be great too.

3. speaking of that, have any of your parents told you that they hope your kid is just like you so you can know what they had to go thru? I always wanted that too, cus I felt like knowing who i am, I would be really good at raising/controlling someone just like me.lol

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
theres only one girl for me. her name is anna. shes my everything. i cried when m2k said he lent her to pierce.. a NJ brawl player.. my two least favorite things are New jersey and brawl..

i got her back at pound though. me and anna will never be apart again

Palpi

Smash Hero
I don't need very similar tastes in music, I just need someone who values music close to as much as I do. Someone that respects music :)

There is a difference in saying no to a relationship and no to saying she is hot...or no to a **** :)

Eccentricities

Smash Rookie
I agree with Palpi. Differences are hot.

Opposites attract. I need a woman that's intelligent, personally. Attractive obviously too.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What music they like really isn't a big deal to me. People listen to certain styles of music and download full albums to their mp3's, whereas I just listen to individual songs from pretty much every genre and only put songs I'm going to listen to on mine.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
love is silly bs

get it on and get out, you will get tired of anyone after a couple years unless you have trouble attracting girls to begin with.. then you'll prob just settle for w/e comes your way.

we are a bunch of hairless apes, the sooner you realize that the better off you'll be in this dumb *** **** "love" game
this needs to be repeated you ****ies, take control over the vagina and make it serve you

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
this needs to be repeated you ****ies, take control over the vagina and make it serve you
Sure nice guys finish last. However girls are human and treating them as a goal for purely personal gain, is in my mind, is to disregard their humanity. I personally can not stand the thought of objectifying a person in terms of self gratification (Although I do not mind objectifying a person to further my understanding, I.E. observing them physiologically, or as a response to a social or transactional analyses game they them selfs employ).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
At our age we should be more focused on the physical "fun" aspect of relationships while trying to better our understanding of the psychological side.

Unfortunately you're not going to find that many opportunities for a super serious relationship at our age camerino... There's a reason most high school relationships barely even last very long at all.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I know that, but even then I have no one to even try a relationship with in my area. I also have a good enough understanding on the other side of the relationship already (maybe that's why I want a relationship, I got all of that fun out of my system a while ago.)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I know that, but even then I have no one to even try a relationship with in my area. I also have a good enough understanding on the other side of the relationship already (maybe that's why I want a relationship, I got all of that fun out of my system a while ago.)
Dude as long as you have a penis you will never get enough "fun" out of your "system."

You're talking as if you're 45... you're 17 bro lol.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Everyone says that to me, I seriously don't care about that kind of fun.... people don't get that. even my mom doesn't believe me that I just don't care about it

camerino1

Smash Lord
Oh, I get it, I just think that you're wasting your time. But eh, I don't care much past that. Relationships aren't for me.
I'm not even looking for a relationship though, I'm too busy for that right now. I don't see how not going out, looking for a good time is a waste of time.

Eccentricities

Smash Rookie
Sounds like you're going to be incredibly disappointed when you see the world for what it is.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I already do.... I went through stuff that I wouldn't want anyone to go through, so I do know how messed people are and what they can do to hurt you.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sounds like you're going to be incredibly disappointed when you see the world for what it is.
Agreed.

The saying "good guys finish last" is popular for a reason. Oh well he'll learn eventually.

EDIT: ninja'd

It makes no sense to me if you've already been in a bad relationship experience why waste time and torture yourself by becoming heavily emotionally invested in someone when you know it will end in disappointment again?

camerino1

Smash Lord
I'm not looking for a relationship, I don't want one. I'm also not interested in just plain having fun because it just doesn't appeal to me.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After going for about a week w/o being able to privately meet up, we both decided to just give it up since she has a boyfriend that she'll be seeing soon and I'm still talking to her best friend.

Honestly I don't really even care anymore the girl I'm talking to is way hotter and has a better personality anyways... Plus our senior prom is coming up in a week so it's not like I'm going to end up lonely. ;)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Simple... some easy sex as shallow as that sounds.

On top of that I'm going off to college soon so both me and the girl I'm talking to know we can't afford to have any kind of serious relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom