• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
You know you don't have to be gay to contribute to gay topics.

Just like you don't have to be straight to contribute to gay topics.

If anything you should just take the time to learn some **** about the other half.

(Or other 90% in this case)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually I think Teran would be more likely to put 2 pence into conversations.

Well anyway you need to make this thread more straight, add stories of your own, there's no point waiting around for someone else to add some because straight people are literally the minority on smashboards.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
So I like smoking, working out and drinking beer, how about you straight guys?
hate smoking, don't like to work out but do it anyway rarely, and I like drinking beer too

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
well if you look at my posts in this thread im the straghtest person here

pretty much here for the lulz

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Freakishly I had a conversation about you recently Steel and we actually tried to figure out whether you were gay or not. Like LT said most people just assume everyone on SWF is gay, but for you we were unsure, but the general consensus at the end was you are.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
No girl would choose the name Steel ;)
if i'm really gone at parties sometimes ill introduce myself as "hi, my name is steel, like my ****."

concerning avril, i'm just very big into the music scene and i just like her style and shes in my top 2 or 3 fav artists.

Pikaville

Luigi I thought you would be around 25-29 because of your join date.

Then I realized you are 21, so you joined here when you were 11?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
really? most people thought i was a girl. damn i failed
Not gonna lie, lol. I thought you were a girl until I saw your pic with Avril, and then I thought you were gay for a while after that.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Nice edit there Mic ;)

Steel I hope your penis isn't constantly like that or you are in trouble good sir.
I would have gone with ****head but **** is censored so it didn't have the same impact :(

edit: why is dic* censored anyway?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
if i'm really gone at parties sometimes ill introduce myself as "hi, my name is steel, like my ****."

concerning avril, i'm just very big into the music scene and i just like her style and shes in my top 2 or 3 fav artists.
Wow.

This is the worst post.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Luigi I thought you would be around 25-29 because of your join date.

Then I realized you are 21, so you joined here when you were 11?
Yup!

I found SWF when looking up info about Melee (there were a few leaked pics by then I think) and originally joined for the Creative Minds room (lol).

I remember I was sick and took off school on 9/11 so when that day I basically just posted on here and Newgrounds.

All of this makes me feel a lot older for some reason

JPOBS

Smash Hero
You know you don't have to be gay to contribute to gay topics.

Just like you don't have to be straight to contribute to gay topics.

If anything you should just take the time to learn some **** about the other half.

(Or other 90% in this case)
Actually it kind of is a problem.

See unlike smashboards, in the real world, homosexuals are a minority. Which means I don't have the luxury (?) of interacting with them on a daily basis. I also don't have any gay friends, and homosexuality isn't a topic frequently discussed among my heterosexual friends (go figure). This all leads to the fact that I have almost nothing to say in relation to homosexuality.

Whereas gay people probably have lots of input on straight topics. For one, women are everywhere, and los of gay guys have very close women friends, so its easy for both straight and gay guys to give input of heterosexual topics, and more specifically love life. Hell, some gay guys even used to be straight so theres that realm of experience as well. Overall theres just way more input to be given from a gay guy on straight topics than vice versa. So when the thread gets turned into gay topics, theres no surprise the thread can go for dozens of posts with only gay responses.

Hate smoking one of the most disgusting things someone can do imo. Working out is whatever, I don't actively do it but I play varsity sports so I get my share of exercise.

Beer is my soul.

I think me and jpobs both told our stories already.
yup.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Keeping sorta on topic: smoking is disgusting. No matter how attractive a woman is, the second I see her smoke I lose all interest. If nothing else I couldn't stand having to physically be near someone with that smell.

Pikaville

The way I see it is I might as well smoke because I'm only gonna grow to be old and sick anyway.

That being said I'm thinking of quitting after this weekend because I have run out of tobacco.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
By that exact same logic you should kill yourself right now since you're going to die eventually anyway.

Pikaville

No because I like being young and healthy now.

But I don't wanna be old and miserable after the age of like 60.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Don't smoke, it's a bad habit and a noticeable drain on the hip pocket. Agreed smells terribad and instant turn off. Been inhaling a lot of second hand smoke though, dam students.
Haha joined a gym last month, + been doin karate and Brazilian JJ. I can tolerate beer, but don't exactly love it. Too much hangovers and throwing up = all alcohol tasting like vomit. :c

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
But I don't wanna be old and miserable after the age of like 60.
As a smoker, chances are you'll be sick long before you're old. That's like breaking up with someone on a first date so they can't break up with you in the future (BAM related back to the thread). It's stupid though I wouldn't expect a logical train of thought from someone who willingly gives their money to a corporation to make them sick.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Actually it kind of is a problem.

See unlike smashboards, in the real world, homosexuals are a minority. Which means I don't have the luxury (?) of interacting with them on a daily basis. I also don't have any gay friends, and homosexuality isn't a topic frequently discussed among my heterosexual friends (go figure). This all leads to the fact that I have almost nothing to say in relation to homosexuality.

This IS a problem. YOUR problem to overcome. There are many books and articles about what gay people have been going through for centuries. Doesn't hurt to be informed about a minority's history. I'm sure you pass by a few more gay people in your daily life than you realize.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh and guys - Let's not go down the smoking vs. non smoking debate path. This happened before and even though that was the topic it still ended badly. Simply say how it is attractive or not.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
This IS a problem. YOUR problem to overcome. There are many books and articles about what gay people have been going through for centuries. Doesn't hurt to be informed about a minority's history. I'm sure you pass by a few more gay people in your daily life than you realize.
Your taking this completely out of context. Its not a "problem" in the literal sense of the word.

I'm not saying that I don't know gay people have been going through. I know enough about gay history, and I've obviously interacted with and been around gay people.

But the statement originally posed at/to me by Sentinel was about why us straight users have a hard time relating to and posting comments while there is a gay love life discussion going on.
I just tried to answer it by explaining how straight users don't know much specifically about having a gay love life, whereas gay users know tons about straight love lives through previously being straight/having tons of contact with straight friends (and specifically women)/media.

I don't have a problem with gay love life, but I also can't discuss it to any meaningful extent. So when there are long sprees of gay discussion, we straight users just take a back seat and read for a while, whereas the reverse isn't quite so. Thats all I was saying.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's my birthday tomorrow and I want to mourn my turning 20 by having sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom