• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4 - Sykesville, MD - Set 6-7, 08 - Guaranteed $5000 Pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Its sorta obvious that the hurricane hurt attendance, its the reason I wasn't able to make it (sigh).

In other news: what happened to all the MK's?? SLACKINGGG

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Things is alot of people said they weren't going long before the hurricane was even named.

Heard the new one is called Hurricane Ike. I would add a "I fight for my friends" joke but don't feel like it. Other than that, good **** G-reg, hot ****!!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Dang, looks like it was kinda a flop. I mean, the entire tournament is already done...**** hurricanes.

I'm guessing tomorrow is gonna be all friendlies and crew battles?

Also, Canada results?!?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Only 60 people... Wow. I personally am shocked. I expected at least 120...

I wonder how surprised chinesahh is on the amount of entrants...

In other news I probably am the reason why chinesahh didn't want pirate ship in the counter pick list.
In another tourney I trapped his Falco with Pk fire under the bow of the ship for the final stock, It was epic, we both agreed to play there... However I didn't win that set...

(Err and probably the fact that bombs are fired at the ship, he didn't want it as counter pick. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who would pick that stage anyway...)

I would of came but my parents said 4 hours was too far for them...
I counterpick there too lol.

Are brawl tournaments starting to lower in attendance already?

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Wow. The turnout isn't surprising (the storm intimidated many i'm sure) but wow are the placings spectacular!

Chu and NEO takin' a swim together over there in lake placelow, Ninja Link..a NYC hopeful falling out with a pathetic 7th...jeez..

AND THE RANDOM DDD ****** EVERYONE and placing 3rd...

I don't have much else to say about this tourney lmao.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this tourney was cool but not worth what the hype was, which im guessing was due to it being during classes now, the storm, and the price. im not here to do shoutoutz now, but talk about some stuff since people wanna kno what happened.

the florida ddd was pretty nice, though in all seriousness chillin should have won the set in losers, i think everyone will agree there. it was some bull**** on the 3rd match. he sd'd at like 30% after having an amazing 3rd stock on him (0-130 easily taking lil damage).

canada did awesome. they did great in teams, and one of the best, niko unfortunately did terrible, he got HORRIBLE seeding and got 33rd. he had to fight plank first round. neither of em got byes. wtf?

tourney was seeded terribly, but no one really noticed till after a couple rounds of the bracket. i guess no one checked cause they didnt really announce it, they just made the bracket and started calling matches even when doubles wasnt over yet. everyone from my car (me blackwaltz inui atomsk and m2k) were all on the same half of the bracket. i fought m2k second round. canada was all right next to each other in the bracket, and NY was all quite close. i mean nothing can be perfect, but thats a bit much. i do accept chillins apology now knowing who i traveled here with, and not knowing that i play m2k way too much lol

i got ecrc points :)

m2k won doubles (did not split) and split first in singles with azen and walked off with just over $300, which doesnt take into matter the $45 entrance (since it was reduced to that for being only one day). that is some extreme pot ****, some of the worst iv ever seen.

there were a lot of setups and everything ran quite fast

there was plenty of time for it, but crews werent done... i was really looking forward to it.

the venue they used in contrast to the ch3 one is awesome. this was a great place to have it.

i remember people asking about nj and pa attendance.
the only nj people there were the ones from our car, m2k, atomsk, blackwaltz, inui. from pa was me from philly, and a couple from scranton like pav and javier.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
SINGLES:

1: Azen
2: M2k
3: Snakekiller ....DDD guy from Florida I forgot his name
4: G-reg
5: Chillin
5: KingAce
7: Ninjalink
7: Ambrose
9: Forte
9: Percon
9: Plank
9: Snakeeee
13: Korn
13: Atomsk
13: Neo
13: Chu
17: JL
17: Boss
17: Biglue
17: Slikvik
17: Inui
17: black walts
17: Thumbswayup
17: Chibosempai
25: Kirbstir
25: Crismas
25: Valor
25: Yoster
25: Niko K
25: JCeasar
25: GodismyRock
25: FOB

and the rest ... just wait for the full results D:

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
SINGLES:
When people don't know how to spell basic words, I feel bad.
Shoutouts later.
EDIT))I should have gone to the Gaming wolrd.

More EDIT)) Awesome venue, the first I've been 100% happy with. and it had less attendance than a college tourney would. :U

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Brawl is dying
Lmao, I just got back from a 118 person Texas tournament >_>.

It's also the reason I didn't go to this. Good thing too looking at the turnout o.O.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Brawl, more people thinking they are good (Including me and most of us in this thread even) but more easy money generally.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Another piece of the results that may surprise you

33. Chinseahh
33. TheTantalus

That's just wrong IMO, I am not even close to him in tournament, yet we tied. Just goes to show you the level of competition that was there. There were 0 scrubs. Everyone there was very talented. Not to John on Travis' behalf, but he did have a pretty bad day with the turnout and everything, it was probably hard to focus with people asking him questions every 10 seconds in the middle of a match (and they were too, in the middle of tournament game, asking him questions).

Reioumu

Smash Lord
SINGLES:

1: Azen
2: M2k
3: Snakekiller ....DDD guy from Florida I forgot his name
4: G-reg
5: Chillin
7: Ninjalink
9: Forte
9: Plank
9: Snakeeee
13: Korn
13: Atomsk
13: Neo
13: Chu
17: Boss
17: Biglue
17: Slikvik
17: Inui
17: Thumbswayup
17: Chibosempai
25: Kirbstir
25: Crismas
25: Valor
25: Yoster
25: Niko K
25: JCeasar
25: GodismyRock
25: FOB

and the rest ... just wait for the full results D:
WTF FOB WAS THERE?!?!!?
-Rei

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah the storm did **** the attendance but good **** for those OOSer that showed. lol It stopped raining @ 4pm and my TL is too good

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So Canada guys, did you talk to Plank about getting together for smash today? I got NinjaLink, Snakeee, Slikvik, and a couple others here. You can come to my place or we can come down to Plank's place (it's in Frederick right?), either one is cool with me.

Someone call me if we're smashing, 443-536-1386.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Canada ftw. And this was with horrible seeding...JL probably would have done a lot better. Nonetheless, you guys kicked some major ***. Great job!

Also, team results?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
lol Americans and their football...all about the Jays. 7 straight and we're about to sweep the Rays!

I'm still gonna watch the football games though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom