• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 3 - Sykesville, MD - Jul 5, 08

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Is anyone traveling from NJ or NY area? I'm trying to find the best methods of transportation right now. Let me know, or PM me :)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Wow, so this all takes place in a single day? Despite my love for TA, I've never made it to a single TA event (I'll john it on **** grad school and work, like the brawl newb that I am) but assuming I can find a ride with someone from CT, RI, ME, MA, or whatever, I think I might be able to make it since I have the weekend off from work.

Jake, is there a chance that you would have room for me if I met up with you guys? Also, if anyone from MA or ME is going and have extra room, I could meet you guys at the highway off of 95 at a fast food place (less than 2 minutes out of the way). I'll pay gas money, naturally.

I also thought it would make sense to warn those traveling that the 4th of July is a HORRIBLE evening for driving (ie lots of drunk drivers). I'd suggest trying to get off of the highway by 10. I don't want to see anyone get into an accident.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Wow, so this all takes place in a single day? Despite my love for TA, I've never made it to a single TA event (I'll john it on **** grad school and work, like the brawl newb that I am) but assuming I can find a ride with someone from CT, RI, ME, MA, or whatever, I think I might be able to make it since I have the weekend off from work.

Jake, is there a chance that you would have room for me if I met up with you guys? Also, if anyone from MA or ME is going and have extra room, I could meet you guys at the highway off of 95 at a fast food place (less than 2 minutes out of the way). I'll pay gas money, naturally.

I also thought it would make sense to warn those traveling that the 4th of July is a HORRIBLE evening for driving (ie lots of drunk drivers). I'd suggest trying to get off of the highway by 10. I don't want to see anyone get into an accident.
Good point. I've actually never even met you, lol, im too new school ;)

Hmm, there seems to be some interest from the NE but lacking drivers...someone needs to step it up!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
My vehicle will be full if im able to go

I just got a new job, so itll be interesting to see if i can get 5th and 6th off
im going to try though :D

new job starts in 1.5 weeks.. so.. itll be tight notice >_<

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Does that include the projection screen televisions...? lol
ive never had any issues with the projection screens lagging, and i really like to ***** about lag.

unless ur just saying they just take up too much space, in which case we can work around them ^^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
k everyone im def comin to this tourney, and theres a good chance i need a partner.

who wants to team with a ROB better than any other ROB in md/va? lol (sorta jk?)

meepxzero

Smash Master
going to this regardless if im scheduled to work or not >>. Told my boss at least 3 times to change the schedule she said no problem but i still have yet to see it changed at all.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Looks like i might be able to make this after all

anyways i updated the www.ecregionalcircuit.com website

For those of you that might be wondering, XI.e.s.t.i.c.l.e was originally the first tourney of the circuit, but we have decided to remove it due to the short notice. The front page on that link, pretty much has this op pasted, but also explains the point system, and a demo of the potential tourneys on this seasons circuit.

The point system is essentially going to award the person w/ the most points, a cash prize after the finals.

Some sections still need to be updated, but we ask that people sign up, because for future events (NOT THIS ONE)
We will have online registration

With potential online payments via paypal, etc etc

We also may have online matchmaking, and all that good stuff

So yeah, it should be fun, it is in fact, brawl only, but some of the events may indeed have melee at them

But, cant wait to see everybody at this :D

Edit

NOTE: Tournament directors, who have a potential large scale event that would be interested getting on the circuit, contact me.

GOTM

Smash Champion
note: this is chibo on gotms laptop and i dont feel like switching accounts lol

that post woulda probably worked better in the ECRC thread but its cool. for now the tourneys for this series is closed, but we are looking for tourneys to be on the next circuit, so contact one of us if your interested.

nacker ur not gonna be so lucky next time! lol
im training hard core for this event and il have to be rdy to prove that im the #1 rob lol
im bad at dittos so i just have to keep on practicing them. nacker is too good though

btw, i still need a teammate lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
With 95 entrants +, I will do 16 pools, top 3 advance. The 48 qualifiers will play in a 64 man bracket, with 1st seeds in each pool receiving the a bye first match. 2nd seeds play 3rd seeds.
Why not just do top 4 into a 64 person bracket? That's what nealdt's certification test told me to do, lol.

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
wutup east coast. I think ima need housing, im coming from SoCal with DSF...I just wanna know if theres any housing available. I will post my flight info hopefully tonight, thanks. also which airport is the best to arrive at in MD?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I talked to DSF a couple days ago on aim. He said he was flying in to NJ or wherever m2k, velocity and those guys live and staying with them for a while, and when they drive down for crit hit they were all gonna stay at my house. Are you going along with all of them or are you flying in separate? Either way I can house you if you need it, but you should probably talk to DSF.

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
(This was posted on Allisbrawl.com, so I just copy and pasted it, its just easier...)
Myself and DSF will be coming to represent SoCal/West Coast in both Doubles and Singles, Crews are for sure a possibility If A) they are happening, and B) if anyone would like us on their crew...LoLz

As for the counter pick options, I have never heard or viewed in any respectable tournament videos, Electroplankton and Pokemon Stadium 2. Both these stages present the "random" or "novice" factor, I don't think I need to explain myself further...
Anyways, I am super psyched for this tournament, thank you East Coast for hosting, and housing. See you guys soon :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ajsmith, are you coming with dsf at the same time? cause dsf is coming in a few days before and im pretty sure im housing him, then velocity is driving me, himself, dsf, and m2k down to CH3. there isnt anymore room in velocitys car though as it only seats 4.

fitchcj5

Smash Rookie
Controllers

Hey.. does anyone know if you have to use the wii controller or if you can use gamecube style controllers?

Top Bottom