• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
and sure Runaway if you wanna team find a team name =o
Team Too good
It's a cut
High Rollers

lol thats what I think of immediately.

Or something dumb like Bam-awayfire

Ganondorf is so weak.

Ganondorf@leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP 126 Atk 126 Def 6 Spd

-Rest
-Toxic
-Focus Punch
-Protect

Basically you Toxic to force switches and predict with FP or Protect to tank and Toxic stall.
:laugh:

But I must say, Rest and protect? I'd say switch protect for shadowball lol.
Unless of course this isn't Adv metagame

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Ganondorf is so weak.

Ganondorf's B attack, Warlock Punch, is a physical dark move with the power and effects of Focus Punch. Since he's dark type, he gets stab, bringing the power up to 225.

Using this attack on a Mewtwo will generally deal it around 35%. This is extremely low considering the attack is super effective, and the Mewtwo is 30 levels down (You just caught it, it's level 70) and has no EVs.

Using a damage calculator, if the mewtwo had a neutral nature and average IVs in defence (15), Ganondorf's attack stat is around 50, about half the attack of a caterpie with no nature and 0 EVs.

Pretty pathetic for a evil king IMO.

Then again, I guess Ganondorf is meant to be a tank in today's metagame.

Ganondorf@leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP 126 Atk 126 Def 6 Spd

-Rest
-Toxic
-Focus Punch
-Protect

Basically you Toxic to force switches and predict with FP or Protect to tank and Toxic stall.

wtfwtfwtwftwfstwf

I pressed the quote button and I got rickroll'd. what an elaborate setupLOL

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Team Too good
It's a cut
High Rollers

lol thats what I think of immediately.

Or something dumb like Bam-awayfire

:laugh:

But I must say, Rest and protect? I'd say switch protect for shadowball lol.
Unless of course this isn't Adv metagame
team too good was our original name its not bad

so high
dont get grabbed

we'll see hehe btw if Jarc is coming i'll be teaming with him since we were supposed to do this since 2001.

Metaknight still play that game, melee?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Philip | Homework says (9:43 PM):
omg I made a rap
GOIN TO THE STORE
WENT THROUGH A DOOR
WALKIN ON DA FLOOR
I MET A *****
DID HER HARDCORE
CLEAN UP, AISLE FOUR
YEYEYEYE

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm gunna be coming to Toronto tomorrow night and will be there most likely all weekend. We should arrange something within that time period to get together for some brawl :D

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Pichu wasn't cut in Brawl. When he was told he was going to come back for Brawl, he was filled with immense happiness and evolved. Pichus often evolve to Pikachu if they get enough happiness. Sakurai, thinking that two Pikachus was not necessary and that the Pikachu from Melee was getting on in years, decided to retire the Pikachu. Getting its retirement money, The Pikachu from Melee went to Cinnabar Island. (Pokemon version of Bahamas).

How do we know this? Pikachu's Final Smash is Volt Tackle, which can only be learned if you were a Pichu in your previous life. Also, Pikachu (Brawl) now sports blue goggles, its favorite costume from Melee, along with a new green bandana that it took from Jigglypuff.

Another thing would be Pikachu's Taunts. It keeps the same rolling taunt from Melee (altered slightly) along with learning the former Pikachu's taunt. It's moveset and the way it moves and feels, feels like a combination of Pichu + Pikachu gameplay from Melee as well.

Young Link wasn't either. How many years have passed since Melee came out? Seven. How old is the difference between Young Link and Adult Link? Seven. He merely grew up.

^That would make a perfect avie. <_<

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
Pichu wasn't cut in Brawl. When he was told he was going to come back for Brawl, he was filled with immense happiness and evolved. Pichus often evolve to Pikachu if they get enough happiness. Sakurai, thinking that two Pikachus was not necessary and that the Pikachu from Melee was getting on in years, decided to retire the Pikachu. Getting its retirement money, The Pikachu from Melee went to Cinnabar Island. (Pokemon version of Bahamas).

How do we know this? Pikachu's Final Smash is Volt Tackle, which can only be learned if you were a Pichu in your previous life. Also, Pikachu (Brawl) now sports blue goggles, its favorite costume from Melee, along with a new green bandana that it took from Jigglypuff.

Another thing would be Pikachu's Taunts. It keeps the same rolling taunt from Melee (altered slightly) along with learning the former Pikachu's taunt. It's moveset and the way it moves and feels, feels like a combination of Pichu + Pikachu gameplay from Melee as well.

Young Link wasn't either. How many years have passed since Melee came out? Seven. How old is the difference between Young Link and Adult Link? Seven. He merely grew up.

lol that is some kick *** reasoning

Cap'n

Smash Rookie
Re: Drolian

You mean he took out Pikachu and Adult Link? That's ****ing bull****, man.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Awesome practice session tonight Jake and Nate. I think we all need to get better . Peach ditto's were ****ing intense, never seen faster brawl play so far. Your MK is disgusting too Nate, tournaments are going to be so tight with us three owning like we did. We were all pretty even imo, but MK just ***** >.<

Warm Crotch Johns

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Your MK is disgusting too Nate,
:laugh: Don't reveal why, We both know what attack was the single biggest problem... but lets not ruin the surprise for everyone else.

Really good games today, you could tell by the end we were all seeing what some of the BEST attack strategies for certain characters were. Hahaha that one Peach thing would make me point out just how awesome it was everytime someone did it.

Even got in some laggified matches vs Kings and Wes. We gotta play in person.

homsar

Smash Ace
Yo guys, whats new? Haven't seen y'all in a while, cant wait till brawl tourneys start popping up, looks to be some good **** gonna happen with that game.

Anyways, need a 6 word filler on all the **** I missed.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
hahhahahahahahhahaa

k, I don't care much about Brawl. But Melee? loll

Money match?? $20?? I'm sure your good enough to beat me quickly, cuz I sux. rite??

I like free money.

D

Deleted member

adnan remember that time when chronx challenged me to an MM and went through with it

yeah i don't either, i think he knew better

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah yeah I remember. James was so funny, he had this idea that you were good. Silly asians these days. But liek yahh mang.

How about it? It shouldn't be hard. I mean, you beat me all the time and stuffz. It should be a cakewalk. 'Cuz I'm stupid to MM you. amirite???

ami???

lolllllll

D

Deleted member

*sigh* when and where. you can opt out whenever, this really isn't necessary - i just like roasting you.

shadowXdreamerX

Smash Rookie
me and my friends are really amazing but we've never been to a tournament. we're like the best at our school and we're really looking for a challenge. any takers? i'll probably kick your *** but maybe i'll at least get to meet some cool people.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I love the GTA Thread <3

Thanks to Runawayfire and DeLoRtEd for making my time in Toronto a good one! Our matches were hilarious and intense. I will be back for more! Once Charles and I work something out for our biweeklies ill be glad to see you come down

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
me and my friends are really amazing but we've never been to a tournament. we're like the best at our school and we're really looking for a challenge. any takers? i'll probably kick your *** but maybe i'll at least get to meet some cool people.
A message from both of us (Myself and D.B),

MM either melee or brawl, bo3, $10.

Accept?

Percon

Smash Lord
^ Yeah, it's pretty obvious. He's saying all stereotypical newbie things, and apparently he's the best at his school and yet he's got a Bowser icon under his avatar.

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
**** I dont know how many like you I ownd but im going TO this weekend and ill MM you 50$ with any character :embarrass

Sanu

Smash Champion
Grmo, don't fret. Melee isn't going anywhere anytime soon, in our community anyways.

Top Bottom