• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
with Brawl, you can just drop your shield and jump. or drop your shield and smash. its a lot different from melee where your only options were jump, roll or grab out of shield. now you've got time to do other things while your opponent recovers. Heck, on some characters, DK can get off a Giant Punch after shielding an attack.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Dropping your shield like that is still too slow (or at least from what we gathered) to punish anything well. I do like the lagless b-air Yoshi has, even if it isn't actually that great. >_> Yoshi will still probably be bottom tier :(

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
i still feel like i need to disagree, but only time will tell, so ill leave it at that. who knows how the meta will evolve over the next few months, or years even.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You mean the PR where you thought you should be in first with a bunch of 2nd/3rd/4th places finishes but nothing better?
Ooh somebody is defensive.
:laugh:

Edit: Certainly people get better Dzenan. But that doesn't warrant the blatant "I'll **** you in brawl and melee!" talk that people are dishing out. (Some who know nothing at all about CoS *cough niagara cough*)

D.B

Smash Ace
LOL at people **** talking a crew who had a player (Chaotic) better than all of them (with the exceptions of Imadh and David) in their time. I guess people forget a thing like that quickly?

Ahem not to take sides, but I also remember CoS beating Sauga last time they faced....
No we remember, it was too long ago to consider though because apperantly with time people improve or something I dunno

D

Deleted member

Nate and I once got into a huge rumble onto the street after one of David's biweeklies.

True story.

They *****ed out though.

Ichida

Smash Ace
C 3's event tomorrow will be my first trifle in GTA Smash. I expect to learn a lot, have some fun, and kick some ***.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
omfg olimar, my friend picked him up like the first time today and he rapsied so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0vovoUgcao

omfg olimar

Also, staeg builder is soooooo jokes. I'd explain a stage we made, but I can't without ruining it's lustre.

And Ichida, I appreciate your confidence, but...oh nevermind. Have fun. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yTMrFboN2I

dis looks 10x more useful and flashy then niagaras "techniques" lol
EDIT: lolol @ Trollian posting something useful. I lol'd at niagara.

<_<
sry guise

Figgy20000

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone on this forum who wants to meet up in person to play a bunch of Brawl sometime between now and Saturday night? Online friend matches are waaaaaaaay too laggy to get some acual decent matches in.

I'm willing to head anywhere in Toronto pretty much, or willing to have people over at my place. Looking to face some players who are very skilled.

Figgy20000

Smash Rookie
Or if someone could guide me to some events happening in the near future that would be great too, somewhat new to the forum and having trouble finding things.

X

xefe

were do you live by and try my brawl number, usually matches aint that laggy with me 4811-6658-0718

Figgy20000

Smash Rookie
I live in Scarborough, near Meadowvale and Ellesemere. Forgot my gamecube controllers at a friends house and I'm upset now :( Can't play well on Classic/Wiimote at all.

I'm willing to meet up at someone else's place as well, although for today only you'd have to lend me a controller to use :(.

Xefe I sent you a PM if you want to meet up in the next few days to play.

X

xefe

i live in etobicoke and i don't like traveling lol, i only travel in the area really , and i dont like people at my house :D

X

xefe

add me to brawl and give me your numbers, it doesnt really lag online when your play against me unless i'm playing westcost people

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
So yeah guys I heard next Bi-weekly gonna be the 29th imma check for bus ticket i'd need housing and i'll probly tag up with Chesterr01. and sure Runaway if you wanna team find a team name =o

I might have news within the 2-3 next days

btw brawl sux.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is so weak.

Ganondorf's B attack, Warlock Punch, is a physical dark move with the power and effects of Focus Punch. Since he's dark type, he gets stab, bringing the power up to 225.

Using this attack on a Mewtwo will generally deal it around 35%. This is extremely low considering the attack is super effective, and the Mewtwo is 30 levels down (You just caught it, it's level 70) and has no EVs.

Using a damage calculator, if the mewtwo had a neutral nature and average IVs in defence (15), Ganondorf's attack stat is around 50, about half the attack of a caterpie with no nature and 0 EVs.

Pretty pathetic for a evil king IMO.

Then again, I guess Ganondorf is meant to be a tank in today's metagame.

Ganondorf@leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP 126 Atk 126 Def 6 Spd

-Rest
-Toxic
-Focus Punch
-Protect

Basically you Toxic to force switches and predict with FP or Protect to tank and Toxic stall.

Top Bottom