• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sanuzi who are you? please don't talk.

Anyway, there are alot of people in G.T.A that go on both sides of the fence. I'm pretty sure d.b/i.b are enjoying brawl, as well as jake. And then some don't like the changes.

Well for those that missed us, mostly adnan <3, you'll see us soon lol

edit: backtracking the thread a few pages, andy and nate seem to like it to woo

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
EW who's gonna be playing melee after brawl comes out? what foolishness is this?

if you guys like old deprecated games so much, ive got some extra copies of Halo 1 and Soul Calibur 2 lying around here somewhere. You can have em if you like. I keep em stored in a box with my HD DVDS, Betamax player, Sega Saturn, some vinyl records and an oil lamp.
*facepalm*

Halo 2 > Halo 3. Soul Calibur 2 is the best Soul Calibur, SC3 is broken and competitiveness/balance is laughable. *refers to SF2/SF3 comparison*. As for the other things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd take that Sega Saturn, those vinyls (since they sometimes sound better than CDs) and that oil lamp would be pretty romantic to use.... but that's my view on things.

The way you posted, it seems like new > old, you'd fail Rational Thinking in Philosophy.
New doesn't mean better, and I'm not ashamed to say that I like both games. I don't think Melee is gonna die. I find it funny that some people think that Melee will "logically die", but it's not gonna happen. They are 2 different games, people, and if brawl isn't your cup of tea, don't be an ******* about it, some others like it. Same message to those who think Brawl > Melee. For all I care, I would go to both type of tournaments. Whatever, I can't wait for the first "I played too much brawl, I didn't do well in the Melee Tournament" john.
If you're serious... don't mess with sanuzi.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
uzi is probably better than all of us.

he's the motherfucking internet.

reggie why are you never on msn when i'm on =(

also i think somebody's already used that john here

edit: steve! *hugs steve* <3

Sanu

Smash Champion
Didn't I beat your Falco with Mewtwo?
OH NOES, ONE CAN' T GET BETTER OVER TIME. And no, you didn't.

Who the **** are you? A washed up Falcon player who can't even make it out to tournaments anymore? Aww. Low on money? Disinterested in the competitive scene? Or maybe it's because you just suck balls.

$20 mm, Brawl and/or Melee challenge to both of you. I need to fill my pockets.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The first two posts on this page fail hard. The choice between brawl and melee is fully up to the player. Its called OPINION. Each game has their superior points over eachother. Drop the **** arguements. This is the GTA thread, not the debate weather brawl or melee is better. If you think melee is just going to lose its competitive following you're more than wrong. SSB64 is still played competitively so what makes you think a game that isn't even released in North America kill SBBM, which is the current competitive smash game. You can't just say someone is going to get bored of melee because brawl is new and fresh. Stop shoving your opinion down everyone elses throat...Pointman Rob and Alphameric are failing.

Chaotic..the question you asked should be directed towards you also...who the hell are you to question Sanuzi's existance...he will **** all you at melee and brawl ;)

With the loss of AT's from melee comes a whole bunch of new AT's for brawl.

Let's stop the Brawl vs Melee arguements in this thread and talk about things that truely matter.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

Halo 2 > Halo 3. Soul Calibur 2 is the best Soul Calibur, SC3 is broken and competitiveness/balance is laughable. *refers to SF2/SF3 comparison*. As for the other things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd take that Sega Saturn, those vinyls (since they sometimes sound better than CDs) and that oil lamp would be pretty romantic to use.... but that's my view on things.

The way you posted, it seems like new > old, you'd fail Rational Thinking in Philosophy.
New doesn't mean better, and I'm not ashamed to say that I like both games. I don't think Melee is gonna die. I find it funny that some people think that Melee will "logically die", but it's not gonna happen. They are 2 different games, people, and if brawl isn't your cup of tea, don't be an ******* about it, some others like it. Same message to those who think Brawl > Melee. For all I care, I would go to both type of tournaments. Whatever, I can't wait for the first "I played too much brawl, I didn't do well in the Melee Tournament" john.
edit: this post might come off as condescending, so Ill preface it by saying you do have good points chester and I agree with your general sentiment. however...

Yes Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 3. Yes Soul Calibur 2 is the best one. My point was not which was the better game. My point is they're yesterday's news. New games came out and the masses moved on. Believe me when I say NOBODY respects a Halo 2 ace when they're not just as great at Halo 3.

Melee will fade into obscurity. That's just the life-cycle of a game. People like it. I like it. Hell, Melee brought me out to tournaments and I got to meet all yall. But now there's Brawl. Whether we like it or not, its gonna be the meter stick that everyone in the competitive Smash community measures their d***s with.

Sure the oil lamp might set a romantic mood, and the vinyls might have a good sound and be a great bit of nostalgia, but day to day you're gonna flick on the lightswitch and load up your iPod.

Im not really directing this at any one person btw. This might not even apply to anyone who reads this, but I just had to get this out there.

Ichida

Smash Ace
"Broken" or not, I still enjoyed SoulCalibur III wayyyy more than II; I've waged wayy too many intense fights, and won too many school tournaments to ever go back to II. *Sharply jabs SCIII haters in the ribs with pole staff.*

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
The first two posts on this page fail hard. The choice between brawl and melee is fully up to the player. Its called OPINION. Each game has their superior points over eachother. Drop the **** arguements. This is the GTA thread, not the debate weather brawl or melee is better. If you think melee is just going to lose its competitive following you're more than wrong. SSB64 is still played competitively so what makes you think a game that isn't even released in North America kill SBBM, which is the current competitive smash game. You can't just say someone is going to get bored of melee because brawl is new and fresh. Stop shoving your opinion down everyone elses throat...Pointman Rob and Alphameric are failing.

Chaotic..the question you asked should be directed towards you also...who the hell are you to question Sanuzi's existance...he will **** all you at melee and brawl ;)

With the loss of AT's from melee comes a whole bunch of new AT's for brawl.

Let's stop the Brawl vs Melee arguements in this thread and talk about things that truely matter.
Niko... my respect for you went up by a million points, I always figured you to be one of those Melee bashers n_n;

D.B

Smash Ace
EW who's gonna be playing melee after brawl comes out? what foolishness is this?

if you guys like old deprecated games so much, ive got some extra copies of Halo 1 and Soul Calibur 2 lying around here somewhere. You can have em if you like. I keep em stored in a box with my HD DVDS, Betamax player, Sega Saturn, some vinyl records and an oil lamp.
You sicken me for even saying that.

Aww, how cute. Is Brawl CoS's glimmer of hope of actually being good at smash? Don't get your hopes up now CoS, you'll suck *** at brawl too.
Josh I love you now xD

Anyway, there are alot of people in G.T.A that go on both sides of the fence. I'm pretty sure d.b/i.b are enjoying brawl, as well as jake. And then some don't like the changes.

Well for those that missed us, mostly adnan <3, you'll see us soon lol

edit: backtracking the thread a few pages, andy and nate seem to like it to woo
Yes we are enjoying brawl but taht doesn't mean we love every bit of it, melee is still a great and amazing game and should NOT be bashed on.

Didn't I beat your Falco with Mewtwo?
Who are you to talk, when you haven't shown up in months?

OH NOES, ONE CAN' T GET BETTER OVER TIME. And no, you didn't.

Who the **** are you? A washed up Falcon player who can't even make it out to tournaments anymore? Aww. Low on money? Disinterested in the competitive scene? Or maybe it's because you just suck balls.

$20 mm, Brawl and/or Melee challenge to both of you. I need to fill my pockets.
AGAIN! Joshy <33

CoS, You guys gotta show up and prove something then hide behind your computer and think you're still good. If you are then good for you, but until you rpove it you might aswell shut up

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, church of trash needs to just keep quiet, and its no wonder since they still want to be known as "good" in the community with Brawl. but it was a game made for morons i mean: auto sweep spotting, no one can die earlier than 170%, rapid attacks now only require you to hold a as opposed to actually rapidly pressing the button.

OHHHH an NO ONE bashes our uzi and gets away with it. This guy is probably more than good enough to take on chaotic. I've seen his improving meself

but that goes without saying, this is a challenge from Sauga for a MM crew battle: we'll more than likely kick your ***** in any crew battle, whether it be melee OR brawl.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
I dont know where the hell all of you get off talking **** for no reason like this. All Rob and Mugs did was say that they thought Brawl was better than Melee and then you come out saying we're terrible and trash at Brawl when they never made any sort of challange and claim to that effect.

You guys are just being massive ***** for no reason, get the hell over yourselves.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for proving Steve's point D.B. you're awesome. All you people that are talking mad ish go suck on a big fat donkey ****. I MM (Brawl) anybody that is talking ish and any amount you want. Melee is an amazing game and I will still be playing, it is just getting a tad bit boring and Brawl is the spice. DDVL

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
**** melee, play brawl.

Q: cant get over the loss of "x advanced tech"?
A: stop playing brawl like you play melee and you will come to the conclusion that brawl is the superior game.

with that said, cos is fully endorsing brawl and if the rest of the gta wants to keep playing melee, then you're going to get bored very quickly playing with yourselves for the rest of its lifespan

Waaaaaiiiiit, lolllllll. Are you ****ing serious?

Were you guys saying this to me just because I posted a ****ing melee vid?

lmao. I'm not gonna say any more.

LatinoPowerHour

Smash Rookie
thread status : trolled
HEY THERE YOU COS ***G*T, YOU GUYS SUCK, MONEY MATCH B*TCH YEAH TAHTS WASSUP.

NAW WHATEVER, MEWTWO IS A HIDdEN COUNTEr PICK FOR FALCO, HE KNEW MY MIND GAMES, DA SUN WAS IN MA FAACE. ISAAIIII. <3333 XD XD xD xD HAHAHA.

YOURE WASHED UP SON.

20 HOURS TO TRAIN, 1 MINUTE TO Cu~M....~

*slides down the sside of the eiffle tower.*

Ichida

Smash Ace
HEY THERE YOU COS ***G*T, YOU GUYS SUCK, MONEY MATCH B*TCH YEAH TAHTS WASSUP.

NAW WHATEVER, MEWTWO IS A HIDdEN COUNTEr PICK FOR FALCO, HE KNEW MY MIND GAMES, DA SUN WAS IN MA FAACE. ISAAIIII. <3333 XD XD xD xD HAHAHA.

YOURE WASHED UP SON.

20 HOURS TO TRAIN, 1 MINUTE TO Cu~M....~

*slides down the sside of the eiffle tower.*
@_o; Holy epic-level failure...

Niko_K

Smash Master
So am I to ever expect any GTA players to come to my biweekly? Im gunna reschedule them so they don't interfere with C3's.

I would really like to see the GTA come down some time :D

Ichida

Smash Ace
So am I to ever expect any GTA players to come to my biweekly? Im gunna reschedule them so they don't interfere with C3's.

I would really like to see the GTA come down some time :D
I'd come, but my other weeks are committed to D&Ding with my troupe. We are going to C 3's this weekend though.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Yeah for sure D.B. too bad we don't know what the counterpick stages are yet and which ones are banned. Now somebody is going to post some smart *** **** saying well if you weren't a moron then you would could tell which ones will be banned blah blah blah... CoS sucks woot etc etc... DDVL

LatinoPowerHour

Smash Rookie
Its not that difficult to understand that post, its of the same caliber as all the posts bashing a crew they know nothing about; have met only a handful of times. Who are you to start calling someone washed up, calling us trash, or being generally rude when completely unprovoked. Giving your opinion on a VIDEO GAME is completely reasonable, acting like a complete jackas`s is not. DEFINITELY not cool. Especially when we show love to everyone when we came out to tournaments, we came with respect and were very amiable. Just so theres no confusion, its pretty much geared towards db and that uzi whatever guy, show some consideration, youre talking to people youve supposedly met before, this isnt an anonymous forum, its the gta community.

D

Deleted member

hahahahaahahahhahahahh this thread was fun to read, thanks guys for proving to me the GTA thread actuall yhas some humour in it

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Wow @ CoS. I wonder if any of them could my Yoshi. Maybe GK because he has a Sheik

>_> What's with the 6 on 6 theme that comes from Sauga? Usually crew battles are 4 or 5 against another 4 or 5. >_> or for regionals, 10 on 10.

I.B

Smash Lord
It's just that we had 6 main guys... but that number has dropped considering Andy and Chris.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Wow @ CoS. I wonder if any of them could my Yoshi. Maybe GK because he has a Sheik
LOL @ THAT

If you're referring to Brawl however, all I'll say is Yoshi is awesome now. Nobody agrees with me, but he feels more like mid-tier, N64 Yoshi, and now that he can double jump after people off the edge and make it back..... watch out.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL at people **** talking a crew who had a player (Chaotic) better than all of them (with the exceptions of Imadh and David) in their time. I guess people forget a thing like that quickly?

Ahem not to take sides, but I also remember CoS beating Sauga last time they faced....

Europhoria

Smash Lord
O.O When the hell was Ken better then Dzenan or me?

@ Pointman Rob I meant Melee. I still think Yoshi's pretty bad in Brawl from playing him (I wish he could jump out of shield, it's really hindering in a game so reliant on shield and aerial out of shield that he can't; coupled with the loss of DJC he still sucks). His final smash is quite possibly the only thing I enjoy about brawl though.

Top Bottom