• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
ok now this is going out to all the brawl vs. melee deal, this is just a rant and I really don't feel like having to argue on one side so I'm going to lay out what I feel like saying.

I honestly am one for brawl and everything, I don't think that it's a horrible game. However what really seems to bug me is all these people that horribly bash on melee. I mean melee is still good and it still has replay value. But what bugs me the most is the people that say they hated melee because it was "filled with glitches".

This bugs me for 2 reasons because first off the people that say this were either A) were absolute **** in melee and so bitter about it by saying this game was **** and brawl is where its at or B) people that were too lazy to get off their *** to actually LEARN how to use these techniques. The Second reason is connected to the first one, now tell me, if people hated Melee so much for these glitches that apparently broke the game then why do I see people on the brawl boards trying to come up with "advanced techniques" that in the end are just like the ones in melee.

But don't get me wrong I would like to play brawl competitively, I mean I participated in the brawl tournament in SFF3 (5th place ^^) and it was pretty fun seeing Vwins break this game too and seeing Kage use Ganon (one of the worst characters in the game) like he was a top tier character. and getting immense pressure from Chester's Snake. In the end I lost to Kage due to my impatience but it was pretty fun.

I have a prediction as to how all smashfests are going to be like in the VERY near future. there's going to be the for-Melee ppl and the for-Brawl people. I can see it now there will be the for-Brawl people and the the for-Melee people will be huddled in their little corner(or vice versa) because they hate the brawl hype since they don't like the game.

quite frankly I REALLY don't want to see that especially at smashfest but the sad fact is that it will be like that, i mean I saw it in my last smashfest which was an absolute disaster.

so thats it I'm done with this rant of mine, as for where I am with this game. I am on the line, I love it but at the very same time I despise it. I hear things both for and against this game, and I gotta say, I don't think it will do too well for the community.

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
i agree that it does divide the community but brawl and melee are just too different, those who play slower and more strategically will lean towards brawl and those who prefer the insane combos and falcon knees will play melee. i am in no way trying to argue with switchblade, im just throwing in my two cents as well.

MDK00

Smash Ace
i agree that it does divide the community but brawl and melee are just too different, those who play slower and more strategically will lean towards brawl and those who prefer the insane combos and falcon knees will play melee. i am in no way trying to argue with switchblade, im just throwing in my two cents as well.
i agree with what you say, i lean towards brawl for those exact reasons. i still think melee is kool but by the time i tried to get into the game the skill in the community was far too high so i figured i'd try brawl instead.

good points switchblade and congrats for 5th at the tourny, represent sauga city!!! :)

this division reminds me a lot of Street Fighter II Super Turbo and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. The old skool dudes stick to Super turbo because they love the zoning and new players like the advance techs etc for 3rd strike. Very few ppl enjoy both games. but all in all both games are very different. same with melee and brawl

D.B

Smash Ace
I was talking about the brawl noobs who just came in because we have brawl early & who haven't really competed much or weren't good in melee, sorry if you think I was pointing fingers at you.

MDK00

Smash Ace
I was talking about the brawl noobs who just came in because we have brawl early & who haven't really competed much or weren't good in melee, sorry if you think I was pointing fingers at you.
brawl noob? seriously define noob... cuz if ima noob, what does that make you? i dont really think ur THAT much better then me... possibly im better then u? who knows ;)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
he's probably better than you, since spacing properly is very much rewarded in brawl and dzenan's already learned that from melee but nobody really knows you so w/e you might be good.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
brawl noob? seriously define noob... cuz if ima noob, what does that make you? i dont really think ur THAT much better then me... possibly im better then u? who knows ;)
sorry man but dzenan has a point, he's been in the scene much longer than you and you kinda did just pop outa no where, for brawl.

You keep thinking that.
*now looking at D.B* but granted you shouldnt cut MDK too short neway, he was one of sauga's best in 64 smash and just lacked the interest to pick up melee, so he has a decent amount of knowledge in this game.

I'm betting with a wii, a copy of brawl and a bit of time he go pretty even with u and me. He picks up ALOT of other fighters and seems to become pretty good at a brand new one with a few weeks practice. Believe me I've seen in done MANY times.

And YES, i know exactly what you're gonna say: "well he's not good now so he shouldn't say anything". you would have a point here, but im just saying, give him a month or even a week and he could keep up **** well

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol who is D.B anyways? im such a **** disturber. im talkin **** to a dude im not exactly sure of. but i assume that we've met at least once at matts right? anyways this thread needs some heat, everyone being all friendly with each other is too boring...

Callz D.B out to a grudge match. LETS DO IT SON! metaknight owns ur life for free. best 3 of 5. do it!

D.B

Smash Ace
lol who is D.B anyways? im such a **** disturber. im talkin **** to a dude im not exactly sure of. but i assume that we've met at least once at matts right? anyways this thread needs some heat, everyone being all friendly with each other is too boring...

Callz D.B out to a grudge match. LETS DO IT SON! metaknight owns ur life for free. best 3 of 5. do it!
Alright I'm fine with money too.

meh..... I tried u_u;
It's fine matt they don't understand yet. Oh and I've had andy's wii for a while now playing everyday (secretly im alot better then last time at your place shhh though)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i agree with what you say, i lean towards brawl for those exact reasons. i still think melee is kool but by the time i tried to get into the game the skill in the community was far too high so i figured i'd try brawl instead.

good points switchblade and congrats for 5th at the tourny, represent sauga city!!! :)

this division reminds me a lot of Street Fighter II Super Turbo and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. The old skool dudes stick to Super turbo because they love the zoning and new players like the advance techs etc for 3rd strike. Very few ppl enjoy both games. but all in all both games are very different. same with melee and brawl
I don't know this guy, but he's using my comparison with the street fighter thing. he's right. also, I like both sf games but I suck at 3s.
If you guys don't win your return party will greet you with hugs...

hugs with knives....
:laugh: you were missing nate dogg.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
blah im sorry but you guys will kill it too hard. **** finals was nothing for you guys, try facing Kage and Vwins online and u might have a good match XD

but yea im not too sure if i can make it out for Chilly willy. its lookin 60-40 that i cant go.

Dzenan, face me online later tonight i need practice

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbtnKhfGV_0

best match ever

btw:

Electronic devices are glitches

The programmers did not intend for nature to be abused in this way. Obviously, the materials in the ground were supposed to stay in the ground. How can you really say that the programmers intended electronics to be possible? Electronics make the world unbalanced and the third world countries who don't have many of them become low tier.

Electronics should be banned from life and anyone who uses them should be hung for glitching.

alphameric

Smash Ace
**** melee, play brawl.

Q: cant get over the loss of "x advanced tech"?
A: stop playing brawl like you play melee and you will come to the conclusion that brawl is the superior game.

with that said, cos is fully endorsing brawl and if the rest of the gta wants to keep playing melee, then you're going to get bored very quickly playing with yourselves for the rest of its lifespan

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
EW who's gonna be playing melee after brawl comes out? what foolishness is this?

if you guys like old deprecated games so much, ive got some extra copies of Halo 1 and Soul Calibur 2 lying around here somewhere. You can have em if you like. I keep em stored in a box with my HD DVDS, Betamax player, Sega Saturn, some vinyl records and an oil lamp.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Aww, how cute. Is Brawl CoS's glimmer of hope of actually being good at smash? Don't get your hopes up now CoS, you'll suck *** at brawl too.

Top Bottom