• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Now this is the story all about how
My Smash disc got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a move called B-Air

In west smashadelfia born and raised
On the tourney scene's where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, wavedashing all cool
And all shooting some SHLs outside of Hyrule
When a couple of guys who were mainin' Roy
Started making trouble in my Metroid stages
I got in one little money match and my secondary got scared
And said youre gonna learn how to be the prince of B-Air

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my GCN and sent me on my way
She gave me a spikin' and she gave me a 4-donkin'
I put my montage music on and said I might as well C-Stick it

Upper tier, yo this is bad,
Drinking charge shot out of an arm cannon
Is this what the princes of B-Air livin like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a foe and when 'e came near
His knuckleband said Ness and had blood on the rear
If anything I could say that this foe was rare
But I thought naw forget it, yo homes, I gotta practice B-Air

I pulled up to Final Destination about seven or eight
And I yelled to mah foe, 1 vs 1, no items!
Long story short I juggled him through the air,
And now I'm the prince of a move called B-Air

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
**** David, how do you expect the scene to grow when you keep creeping out the new people

Anyways, question: Are any of you guys going to the Nintendo retail Brawl event this friday?
It's invite only, they sent out invitiations to employees of retail stores like EB, for person + guest. It'll probably contain some sort of presentation on brawl and some sort of retail-related crap but theres 50 free copies of the game to win, probably through some sort of tournament.

We (cos) are all going because we have connections yo, just wondering if any of you guys were

Boogers_

Smash Cadet
actually, i had an acquaintance mention he got something of the sort because he worked at futureshop.
not sure if its for the same event but he said he might give it to me; im doubtful of that though.

Percon

Smash Lord
Me, Niko, and 2 other Niagara guys are going.

I'm not sure if all 50 copies are won based on skill. They aren't going to have a tourney and let the 50 best playes keep the game, are they? I bet some of them will be given away in a draw... though hopefully there will be some sort of tourney. Even if there isn't, I'll get a tshirt or something.

Oh well, it'll be fun regardless.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I'm in for any and all Toronto events. I like in Etobicoke but bussing to any part of Toronto isn't a problem.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to say that I'm excessively shy in real life, but seeing as Brawl has online I'm super excited about fighting you guys. I know I'm not a pro by any means, but I do pretty well in my circle of friends so I'm kind of excited to see how well I do against you guys. Maybe one day my name will be whispered among smashers! Maybe!

Lol.

Percon

Smash Lord
Heh, that would be fun, we've never done crews.

Would this be Brawl or Melee? And how many people are generally in a crew, anyway?

It'll be interesting to see who places bets on Niagara and who doesn't. :p

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Melee~~~

Brampton is pretty good in Brawl too, actually. Blowtoes and his mindhax and his cheatz with his forwardb > forwardb > forwardb edgeguard/combo in brawl. LOLLL Brandonnnn.

And Andy's boomerang is gay lol. <3 both regions.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'd just like to say that I'm excessively shy in real life, but seeing as Brawl has online I'm super excited about fighting you guys. Maybe one day my name will be whispered among smashers!
I knew it by the way you posted.

If you want a reputation, you're going to have to play IN PERSON at tournaments. Nobody cares about online matches.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I knew it by the way you posted.

If you want a reputation, you're going to have to play IN PERSON at tournaments. Nobody cares about online matches.
What's your problem? I was being hopeful, and (at least I thought) kinda funny. I hear people like "Gimpyfish" uttered all across the boards - does it make me a bad person to have dreams, lol? I never said I WOULD, I said maybe - as in I wish... that shouldn't need to be explained though.

And just for the record, people do care about online matches. Not everyone lives in their parents basement with all the time in the world. Some of us have jobs where we work overtime almost every night. Families that we need to come home to, and houses & pets that need to be taken care of. IF I ever go to a tournament, it wont be very often. Mostly because I barely have time but also partly because of the attitude people like you have.

And, not to start anything (I'm finding it harder and harder to be friendly on this forum without some random person finding something to flame about) but why is online so bad? You have the same game, same characters, same items and stages. Are you one of those people who - if you loose in an online match - blame it on the fact that it's online and thus "doesn't count"?

Online is a great thing that makes the game far more accessible to people who otherwise wouldn't be able to make it out to play.

On a side note, can anyone give me a brief outline of what is allowed to be said here? It seems everything I say has something wrong with it. I just wanna get into the game like you guys but you're making it so hard...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
What's your problem? I was being hopeful, and (at least I thought) kinda funny. I hear people like "Gimpyfish" uttered all across the boards - does it make me a bad person to have dreams, lol? I never said I WOULD, I said maybe - as in I wish... that shouldn't need to be explained though.
Believe it or not I'm not actually trying to get in your face here. I was just saying the best way to make a name for yourself is win real life tournaments.

And just for the record, people do care about online matches. Not everyone lives in their parents basement with all the time in the world. Some of us have jobs where we work overtime almost every night. Families that we need to come home to, and houses & pets that need to be taken care of. IF I ever go to a tournament, it wont be very often. Mostly because I barely have time but also partly because of the attitude people like you have.
As I said again, before you go insulting and assuming things about a community you haven't met or learned anything about you should hold your tounge.

And, not to start anything (I'm finding it harder and harder to be friendly on this forum without some random person finding something to flame about) but why is online so bad? You have the same game, same characters, same items and stages. Are you one of those people who - if you loose in an online match - blame it on the fact that it's online and thus "doesn't count"?
No, I couldn't care less about losing online, and I never said there was anything wrong with playing online. Competitively nobody gives a **** about online play though, as once again real life tournaments weigh MUCH MORE.

Also, if you're going to get good as a player, you can get much better experience in person. Due to the fact that there's a whole layer of communication missing you can't feel the experience the same online, and you wont grow as much as a result. That is a fact.

Online is a great thing that makes the game far more accessible to people who otherwise wouldn't be able to make it out to play.
What does this have to do with anything? I think thats great too.

On a side note, can anyone give me a brief outline of what is allowed to be said here? It seems everything I say has something wrong with it. I just wanna get into the game like you guys but you're making it so hard...

As I said before, I wasn't actually getting on your case.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
chillindude829 said:
We played 2 stock so the replays could be saved. These were done over Wifi, about 4 hours driving distance apart; the replays don't save the parts of the match that freeze up.

Chillin (ZSS) vs Azen (Ike) 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ik1seiZlbwE
Chillin (ZSS) vs Azen (Ike) 2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZszdDV6xqwo
Chillin (PT) vs Azen (Ike) 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=zEWZvCu-vj0
Chillin (PT) vs Azen (Ike) 2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=EXsY1OWcShQ
Chillin (ZSS) vs Azen (Pit) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ep4zGsrlsKw
Chillin (PT) vs Azen (Pit) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=CIDZWKpvOpg
Chillin (PT) vs Azen (Olimar) 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ED4epPuPBM
Chillin (PT) vs Azen (Olimar) 2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=CyTWr8pmu2g
Chillin (ZSS) vs Azen (Olimar) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=PCfwqY5cm5A
Chillin (PT) vs Azen (Lucario) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=GjCuO5ZY_j0

Tag for later.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
basically if you don't want to be viciously hated

1) avoid saying that because wavedash, l-cancel, needle cancel, combos, and other crap is out of brawl the noobs will reign supreme. this will get you shot.

2) saying that every matchup is winnable will also get you shot. obviously some things like ganon / sheik if the ganon is good enough is a valid point (kage vs drephen anyone?) but saying that low tiers like pichu don't win because they're not good enough as players is a good way to be hated by everyone who's ever mained or still mains low tier.

3) being homophobic is really bad. our scene is very, very gay.

4) saying that you're amazing when you haven't played anyone is a good way to be written off as an egocentric moron. you prove to us that you're good, not the other way around.

there's more. will add later.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
LOL is brampton getting recognishun?
=]]]]]]

As for the crew battle.. I'd say 5 people?
I'm not sure.. Maybe me, bren, steve, chris, and uh wigi or zack or whoever can come
maybe 4 =/

It would be Brampton's first crew battle too lol

psst hey sauga/gta can u guise have like a practice crew battle with us for fun?

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for spazzing - you didn't exactly sound like you were being informative and it's not like I haven't already been attacked in this thread >_<. Guess there's that missing layer of communication.

And I guess I can totally see (and kind of agree) about the in-person thing. I would much prefer to play with people in person than online if given the choice - it's just most of you kinda scare me.

Either way, I sincerely hope that I can get to know you guys better on this board so that I'm more optimistic about meeting in person....

EDIT :
1) avoid saying that because wavedash, l-cancel, needle cancel, combos, and other crap is out of brawl the noobs will reign supreme. this will get you shot.
I, personally, never used any of that stuff when I play Melee - I didn't even know it existed until I joined here a few months ago...so that's an easy one.
2) saying that every matchup is winnable will also get you shot. obviously some things like ganon / sheik if the ganon is good enough is a valid point (kage vs drephen anyone?) but saying that low tiers like pichu don't win because they're not good enough as players is a good way to be hated by everyone who's ever mained or still mains low tier.
As much as I'd like to believe that any character can win as long as it has a good player to back it up, lately I've been getting a little more competitive and I sadly have to agree. Pichu, for example, sucks. I can win occasionally as him (well, more than occasionally) but it tends to be more lucky breaks than anything.
3) being homophobic is really bad. our scene is very, very gay.
I am gay, and happily out - so don't worry, you wont get any of that from me...lol :p
4) saying that you're amazing when you haven't played anyone is a good way to be written off as an egocentric moron. you prove to us that you're good, not the other way around.
I know I'm not amazing - I loose just as much as the next guy. I'm probably more modest than a lot of people I know ( I almost feel bad when I win sometimes, lol ), so you guys wont have a problem with me there. :)
there's more. will add later.
Hopefully I qualify on those too XD

Percon

Smash Lord
Well, I guess it's dependent on how many dudes show up. Hopefully we'll have all our regulars there... though the Miller's "Miller combo" might hurt us that way.

Guess I'm gonna need to practice Melee some this weekend to get back into the Melee groove.

Good luck, Brampton! I look forward to formally being introduced all you guys (though I kinda met a few of you last time)

...though this probably isn't going to happen for a bit :/

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Wow videos of Azen kicking Chillin's ***, what a new and startling concept to the smash world.

Ageman has now said that he's gay to someone who wants to sleep with him.

Nate's still a useless troll.

Dunno who to pick for the crew battle though. >_> Maybe 2$ on Niagara because they have a Sheik.

D.B

Smash Ace
Age: I think we're nice in person... But anyways, saying that you don't do those kinds of stuff was the wrong thing to say here and on top of that you argue with a person who's been in the community for ages and knows what he's talking about. What kind of impression are you giving us?

What you said to david about the match ups feels like you were just saying that because you wanted to fit in, but who am I to judge over the internet... Oh and I hope you were joking about the gay thing.

p.s if you aren't then why did you say "some of us have a family to get to"?

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I would much prefer to play with people in person than online if given the choice - it's just most of you kinda scare me. Either way, I sincerely hope that I can get to know you guys better on this board so that I'm more optimistic about meeting in person....
a little hint to age, you shouldn't argue with someone smarter then you, and someone with more power and skill then you.
:(
Sadness.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Age: I think we're nice in person... But anyways, saying that you don't do those kinds of stuff was the wrong thing to say here and on top of that you argue with a person who's been in the community for ages and knows what he's talking about. What kind of impression are you giving us?

What you said to david about the match ups feels like you were just saying that because you wanted to fit in, but who am I to judge over the internet... Oh and I hope you were joking about the gay thing.

p.s if you aren't then why did you say "some of us have a family to get to"?
:confused:

I asked what kinds of things not-to-say to avoid random and pointless flames on this board. KirbyKaze listed some, and I responded. How was that the wrong thing to do? And who am I arguing with? Responding to a post and arguing are two very different things. >_<

Also, I'm still a little n00bish here so referring to users by their first names might confuse me a little so forgive me if I get people mixed up.

What I said to David about matchups...I was replying to his post. What do you have against me where you need to pick everything apart, lol? I used to be an exclusive Pichu user before (check my site and you'll see I'm pretty much obsessed with Pokemon) so please don't pretend you know me. :ohwell:

And I wasn't joking about gay thing, but why should it matter? Doesn't make me any different from you guys. And I said "some of us have a family to get to" because I do. Just because I don't have a wife and kids doesn't mean I don't have a family. I consider my boyfriend and pet the best family I could ask for - so again, don't pretend you know me.

Geez - can we stop with the attention-flames yet or is this the game where we try and look cool in front of our peers?

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I can beat the final bosses in Megaman X with the X-Buster without getting hit what do I win
You win my respect, lol. As big of a fan as I am, I can't say I've ever been able to do that. I always need at LEAST 2 full sub-tanks. Lol.

And Switchblade, I play tons of MegaMan and I'm in the GTA! You're not alone! You should see how far my fandom went... >_< (hint: Google "Master Level List")

D

Deleted member

Yo, to the people who want to crew battle

**** melee. Melee is dead. Nate and I and maybe like Daniel and whoever will happily **** your **** at Brawl.

If anyone wants to have a Brawl crew match, Niagara???? Brampton???

Let's do this.

Top Bottom