• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Like nate already said you're new you haven't even been to a single smashfest so you can't possibly have a clue what you're talking about. I suspect that making a site was some pitiful attempt to try and gain some respect from people.

Go back to practicing how to wavedash or something.
Actually it was so people new to the Smash Community (me) in Toronto could find a way to have fun and stay clear of jerks like you (and apparently this Nate guy). You guys really are odd. I don't understand the need to turn everything into a flame war... Is it a guy thing?

D.B

Smash Ace
Coward

10chars*

edit: i forgot to mention.

If making it look like you're backing off is also an attempt to make it look like you're a nice guy and making us look like jerks, that also fails. Because everyone knows I'm a jerk, so your chance at that null and void :)

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Melee lol

rofl Ageman, meeting total strangers is how all smashfests and tournaments work, and it's fun. =/
And everyone's pretty friendly too.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
And everyone's pretty friendly too.
Apparently not everyone. And I'm not a coward for backing off, just for the record. I just don't feel like wasting my breath on something that wasn't supposed to be an argument, lol.

Anyway, I just figured some people would like a more personal group - if not, my bad.

I work as a Game Tester for a company called Groove (the ones that did the playboy game, lol) and pretty much all my co-workers are into Smash. I noticed how much fun we have playing together and how we interact and compared it with the way people talk to each other on this board and interact and - honestly - playing with people who you know in person and who are friendly completely changes how you play the game. It's a lot less...fun...I guess when you're playing against people who call you a n00b or coward when they don't even know you.

But again, my bad for bringing up such a horrible idea. :ohwell:

But yeah....never mind - I don't wanna make any enemies here, I honestly was just posing a suggestion. :(

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Before I say anything, lol.

Like Welcome to the GTA scene and all. Come out and see how things are, like at a tournament. It's nice that you want to help out the community this way, but we already got a forum that most of us are already comfortable with. Smashboards has been failing a bit lately, but it's still good enough for us to meet up with people. Not to mention it's the place where new people come to when they want to find competition.

It's cool that you're trying to help the community though, I respect your effort. But right now maybe you should just get to know the community itself in person before you decide to fix something like that together. Why not host a tournament at a venue? Yonge and Eglinton is a pretty sexy spot to do stuff at since it's sorta in the core of where everything happens.

I hate flamers, lol. It's like "hey guys i rule.. on tha internatz". =/ Don't scare away new people, guys. I want a bigger community this time around. (Some exceptions can be made LOLL)

D

Deleted member

welcome to the gta community, where people make gay jokes but they're not funny like ever

people won't be flaming you in person. they're just bein silly. SILLY I TELL YOU

if you're into smash, go to some fests. There are some cool people. Emphasis on some.

adnan, did you realize that not only is my **** twice as long, my body twice as tall, and my wallet double your house, my post count is now twice yours.

yo nate can i get a say word??

Europhoria

Smash Lord
O.O
I feel bad for Age. This is a weird community; IRL everyone's usually friendly, but on the boards it's weird.

I'm surprised at Dzenan, he's usually pretty cool. Nate's like this to everyone, especially the new players. In terms of practice, try to find fests... Iif you don't mind busing to where I live I don't mind having people over to practice randomly I guess. A few of us have people over for practice randomly; taking the bus to Sauga is a nightmare though.

And yes these boards fail, but the new forum idea won't work; considering Efex already tried this and underwent epic failure? O.O Msn > Forums anyways.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
adnan, did you realize that not only is my **** twice as long, my body twice as tall, and my wallet double your house, my post count is now twice yours.

*****, what chu talkin' bout. my house is indeed taller than your wallet and your "tall" ***, your **** may be bigger than mine in the internet but maybe you should ask your viet ***** girlfriend about how much bigger my **** is than yours - oh ****! i promised her to keep that secret. your post count might be twice mine, but i've banged twice the amount of women that your whole generation could ever get their hands on.

<3

your still a ***. and i still think your gay. I mean, what guy caries a comb around with them and combs it every 30 seconds?

Edit 1 - D.B is cool, yet he's a *******. dont worry, i'll rip him apart for you. <33 D.B. Sauga love.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL this **** has become such a fiasco.

Honestly, yeah... I have reputation for putting someone in check if I think they're being retarted. But its mostly just cause your post had this hilarious tone of sounding like you had aspirations of world domination.

Which reminded me of this fellow:
http://darkdiamond.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/raul-julia-bison.jpg

In reality though you probably wont find me mean in real life... (nobody ever does)

Edit: Holly **** 666 post :flame:
Edit2: Wtf adnan, you make that **** sound like I'm from some teen beach show. Terrorist.

D

Deleted member

hahahahahaha. touche, you dirty terrorist. you can't even leave this country.

and obviously it was a brush not a comb, and a person who does that clearly loves his hair - a man who is proud to have hair that doesn't look like a rat was shaved and skinned and surgically sewn onto your scalp using super glue

WOW I DID NOT EVEN MEAN TO ALLITERATE THERE

BUT I DID

**** you adnan.

Adnig said:
(Some exceptions can be made LOLL)
lol.....dashizwiz

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Nate isn't a ******* in person, he's friendly IRL. Look around for the dope'd up tall guy who sounds like a surfer. Oh right! w/Dreadlocks

loljake. Where the **** have you been? too afraid that I'll probably mop the floor with you in smash and IRL. LOL. ggz mang. I'll give this one to you.

D

Deleted member

ive really been only posting in the god thread. I lurk this **** but nothing happens.

Who knows, when brawl rolls around, maybe we should abandon this forum and use Age's idea, this crap gets soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo laggy because of those god**** brawl noobs.

bless their little hearts.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ESEKYUUZ ME i have no penis where can i get one to suck?
fixed

ageman i want to have wild passionate monkey sex with you. you seem like a cool dude. pics plz.

edit: dzenan says it like it is lol. if someone's being silly he calls them out for it lol. all of us were strangers at one point and now we're pretty tight as a community. hence the whole calling people by first names thing. nate's a dick on the interwebs but irl he's pretty okay.

edit2: brawl people should be eaten by the great moon worm after al gore launches them to venus.

edit3000: dzenan combos are a lie. there are no combos. only sequential moves that happen to link. and toon link looks like one of the few comboing characters. most moves seem diable. but maybe i'm just too critical. :p we'll play more later.

edit9001: ageman where do you live. we'll have sex.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Nate isn't a ******* in person, he's friendly IRL. Look around for the dope'd up tall guy who sounds like a surfer. Oh right! w/Dreadlocks.
California here we come

Ok, I'm sorry though. What does "ageman" mean?
Cause like if Flameman uses fire.... ageman uses... The power of age!? :confused:
I hope you're not into little girls :(

[/hazing]

Percon

Smash Lord
Urg, bad connection, guys. We were playing at my place today, we don't usually. The lag wasn't too bad on our end, but the dropouts sucked. :/ We'll be glad to face you guys when we're somewhere else, if you're up for it.

I was the Lucas, BTW. We have no coordination for teams, but we're okay solo. :p

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
ageman i want to have wild passionate monkey sex with you. you seem like a cool dude. pics plz.
Uh....you really want pics? Sure..I guess. >_< [PIC] (I look kind of awkward but whatever)

edit: dzenan says it like it is lol. if someone's being silly he calls them out for it lol. all of us were strangers at one point and now we're pretty tight as a community. hence the whole calling people by first names thing. nate's a dick on the interwebs but irl he's pretty okay.
Well, maybe after I warm up to you guys I'll have the opportunity to know you in real life, lol.

edit9001: ageman where do you live. we'll have sex.
Lolz.

Ok, I'm sorry though. What does "ageman" mean?
Cause like if Flameman uses fire.... ageman uses... The power of age!? :confused:
I hope you're not into little girls :(
To make it short, my name is Adrian, in real life, and my friends and family often just call me "Age" as a nickname (Adrian is sometimes pronounced age-ree-an), the "Man" comes from my obvious MegaMan obsession, and the 20XX obviously comes from the MegaMan obsession as well. And no, I'm not into little girls.

Um...and just in case it's important, I'm 20 yrs old, but I guess that doesn't matter.

ageman, why don't you have a seat right over there.
Oh gawd....

[/gettingToKnowMe]

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL THOSE GOING TO SFF!!!!!!!!
VVVVVVVVVVVVV

ok, My mom just gave the green light and my ride is set in stone. We're planning on renting out a van for all of us to go in so when we get the ride we can bring 5 more people. And as it turns out the van for Josh's group fell through because we need someone over 21 to rent out the car, so He's going to be taking his car which seats 4 people plus him

I'll be back later today with a list of people who are coming and the ride they're going in

^^^^^^^^^^^
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL THOSE GOING TO SFF!!!!!!!!

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Oh dear. Am I missing something obvious? Am I in fact on the receiving end of a cruel joke or is KirbyKaze actually hitting on me? Sorry, I just don't know you guys enough yet to tell. >_<

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear. Am I missing something obvious? Am I in fact on the receiving end of a cruel joke or is KirbyKaze actually hitting on me? Sorry, I just don't know you guys enough yet to tell. >_<

Don't worry, KK is the resident **** of the GTA.

You'll get along with her. XD

Top Bottom