• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Percon

Smash Lord
I could go for a Brawl crew battle. Actually, I'd prefer it as any skill gaps between us (Niagara/Brampton) would be evened out. Actually, probably not, but I can't get enough of Brawl anyhoo.

Anyway, I'm VERY up for it, but we'll see about what the others have to say.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Kindly stfu... I dont remember me or anyone else mentioning you.
LOL if you think what you do is usefull.
Go back to slashing your wrists about Sheik and jacking off to Azen matches.
:O
It's like you have a problem with someone coming out of nowhere and being a random ***** to you. Never would have guessed based on the majority of your posts...

Europhoria

Smash Lord
David, there's a car problem. Apparently Josh is no longer going. Therefore, we no longer have room for Marco in the car and Adnan is struggling to make room for you in the car >_> Adnan will call you ASAP. But inform Marco.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
DB how dare you bet against us =[
Uhh the fact that half of Brampton has never even played Brawl and the ones who did only got to once or twice might be problematic to have a crew match for Brawl <_<
I might consider practicing Fox or Falco more seriously because Link sucks =[

uhh I guess we can have a little Brawl crew match if money isn't involved =/ lol Brampton doesn't even MAIN Brawl

Europhoria

Smash Lord
There should be room for you >_> It's just a technical problem.

Edit:
Mindgames. Adnan is going with Imadh and his dad. There is room in the car for you and Marco now, set fee of 60$.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
This is so messed up. I'm annoyed with Adnan for not planning ahead and crap. Apparently this will only go through if they get enough people into their car.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Sylar or whatever play Sheik?

Who wants to bet on whether or not Ageman has a boyfriend will deter David or not?
Lmao Sylar is nowhere near Niagara. The only shiek in niagara is me, and I suck at shiek, so meh.

lol i have 10 on brampton, Pyro has a mean falco X3
I saw videos of pyros falco and mean isn't a word I'd use >_<

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Switchblade just has no confidence in us what so ever xD.
lol none what so ever.

honestly I think Brawl is an ok game, but thats about all it is. its more like a game you'd play with your girlfriend (or in david's case boyfriend); its easy enough to pick up and she'd probably be as good if not better since this game was clearly made for the people that suck. So far I see very little competitive potential for this game. Right now i much prefer Melee.

I feel in like Brawl no matter what the match-up or the stage is practically a peach ditto on on dreamland. 90% of the roster lacks killing power, and Everyone lives forever

and on a complete random side note:

Start to watch this at 4:26 - 5:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFoK8gk64yY

then watch this from 1:35 - 2:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhppw6YqCw

ok so leme get this straight, there's a number HIGHER than infinity o_O?

D

Deleted member

Nate and I already think we're top of the community for Brawl at the moment..

If anyone wants to meet the challenge, then poof.

Competition.

You don't need to press buttons fast to play it competitively, Nate and I proved that when we played Melee (peach / jiggs taking no technical skill)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I love brawl, I love it enough that melee is boring as **** to me now. The only satisfaction I get from melee still is resting people..... It feels like eating 10 minute old macdonalds fries...... still good..... but wheres the fresh flavour?

As for competitive potential, you really can't keep comparing this game to melee. One has been out like 6 years, the other isn't even really out yet. Its a no brainer which one is more competitive.

Anyways, you can already see the hunger and **** talk from those who love this game too.... I can't wait for the first big GTA brawl event. Usher in a new era into this scene thats grown stale.

D

Deleted member

I'm perfectly fine with leaving people who hate brawl behind. Melee is a game that encourages playstyles and attitudes that I'm quite sick of.

Besides, if you hate Brawl, you got something wrong with you, aaaand youre a weirdo. Holy crap is that game good.

The smash community is so sheltered. Fighting games change, people evolve with them, this is the case. Brawl >>> Melee

unknown522

Some guy
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess. Brawl doesn't look fun to me in the slightest. When SSB and SSBM first came out, even before I had or played the game it looked really fun, even before I learnd advanced techs. I can't say the same about brawl though.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Just taking advice from Switchblade and makin my self known...

Name - Rae
Alias (Tag) - MDK
Location - Mississauga, Ontario (Eglinton & Winston Churchill)
Age - 20
Mains - MetaKnight (he has a cape, sword, AND wings nuff said, every1 else sucks)

I havent played SSB since 64 even then i wasnt very good. Just started gettin into this game, i find it quite fun actually. I regularly attend SwitchBlade's tournies & casuals so you will find me there.

I actually play 2D fighters on a much more regular basis. I main Guilty Gear XX Accent Core & Melty Blood Act Cadenza vB2, and play just about every other fighting game on good level.

I guess i have a "not so friendly appearance" but just keep the homo acts away from me and im a pretty decent guy. I talk mad **** when i play but i respect every1 at the end of the match (the **** talkin is jus to make matches fun & epic no more no less).

Hope more of the GTA starts makin it to Sauga casuals because thats where the skill is at right now.

Respectz to Switchblade for hostin events at his place and inviting me to join the madness.

Shout outz 2 Sauga crew, they taught me everything from the controller layout to every strat and technique i kno

and shout outz to my partner Tyrant for convincing me to play the **** game and that i wud suck so bad =S (he srsly does all the work tho, i jus fly under stages and look cool =D)

GGPO

- MDK (Murder, Dismember, Kill) (Midnight Darkness Killer) (iunno u tell me what it stands for)

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
SFF prep at my place, ppl that are riding with me there is welcome to stay the night. Breakfast and Showers will be provided the following morning. you guys must bring in your 60$ for that day.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7z_sGTTQgY
Yessss Gimpy.

Also, smashboards needs more Falco avies. :/ Like when he jumps while dualwielding in SSE. >_>

i gess duelwheeldin is reservd 4 mastr cheef tho lol

^Best post in this thread.

edit:

ANY CHARACTER YOU WANT
NO STRATEGIES
POKEBALLS ON VERY HIGH
TEMPLE ONLY
NO ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
12 YEAR OLDS ONLY

THE BRAWL BOARDS

having skill is a glitch. the programmers didnt intend it and it makes the game uneven.

D.B

Smash Ace
Guys if you're interesting in smashing or brawl(if you have it cause I dont) We can get together cause I'm just outside of etobicoke, if you're interested anyways

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
brawl is so much fun! i'm glad thats it slower because it gives players more time to think. if everybody is so big on advanced techs and what not why not just play guilty gear accent core? the characters looks cooler, the advanced techs are harder and the game is just wicked cool overrall lol

also Jake, when i get my wifi setup, you up for some 2v2 online? my bro and i vs you and Daniel or Nate?

Top Bottom