• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
<j.mac20x6>: hey Otto,
<OttoB123>: yeah?
<j.mac20x6>: aren't I more technical than you on Tuesdays?
<OttoB123>: definitely
<j.mac20x6>: o shiaaat, drolian commin wit it son

EDIT: *pops collar*

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Wow this thread's long. Lol.

I see a lot more people posting though than the ones listed in the initial post. Are all the people posting from the GTA or have outsiders invaded?

Either way, I'd like to be added to the list on the first post - Ageman20XX, Central Toronto, ON

Here's to hoping I get to know some locals! :D

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman

I see a lot more people posting though than the ones listed in the initial post. Are all the people posting from the GTA or have outsiders invaded?

Either way, I'd like to be added to the list on the first post - Ageman20XX, Central Toronto, ON

we have a tournament 2morrow, if you're interested in meeting new people from the community. more info on the link below

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137099

Europhoria

Smash Lord

Where in the city are you? Major intersections please xD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EnqhP6JeIo

wtf, Samus dittos are kinda entertaining now. I like the new grapple.

Nice combo at first stock too, rofl.
i know srsly. i went to the washroom, filed my passport request, practiced my falcon for a few hours, and downloaded the entire second series of dexter. and the game was almost done buffering =D

edit: the combo is staged. combos don't work in brawl.

unknown522

Some guy
double post. because this is kk (david).

anyways.

so like what the fuck is going on for sff3 driving and shit. because i was gonna go in the car because i'm broke and stuff but now i hear people telling me people are emo and want me to bus and i don't have money for the bus -___-;;

so like who the fuck is going and when are we telling vwins this crap.

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
if ppl are going to sff3 and back in the car please let me kno so i can tag along. also dzenan add my xbox 360 gamertag. Acwilkins. :D we play halo 3 :D:D:D. And anyone else who wants to add me go ahead, just let my know who u are :p

D.B

Smash Ace
2 things

1. David I'm telling you combos exist in brawl, just ask my toon link.

2. ADAM! I'll add you tomorrow cause I'm too lazy to hook it up tonight ;-;

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
AHHH MIDTERMS!!@!@! omg When smashboards was down at the beginning of the month, I was SO discouraged to log back on with those horrendous loading times (if at all). Now that I gathered the courage to log back on, after 3-some-odd-weeks, I am ready to go to some biweeklies/bimonthlies/whatever you call it. =P

After getting pounded, kicked, sacked, ripped, knee'd, smashed, bulldoazed, grounded into a fine powder, and topped with the burning of rubble, I feel like playing against some top class players! ^^

My friends don't play at the level you guys play, combined with a limited character roster, it just doesn't get exciting. -_-

But I recovered from that beating last time (and even stopped walking like a cowboi!), I wanna press my luck again! =D

Since I'm not very good at finding events that happen soon, can someone PM me or something? Or just post it on this thread? Whether it's SSBB or SSBM, I'm willing to play! ^^

Thanks a lot!

RaynEXboyfriend

Smash Rookie
edit: the combo is staged. combos don't work in brawl.
ESEKYUUZ ME SRR b00t IZZ UR BRANIN RUNNINGINGK?!/1?!

Y DO U THINK COMBOZ NAWT EXIST IN BRAWL MANG

THNK ABOUT HAW DUM U SAOUND LOL HOW CAN THE COMBO BE STAGED

WUD TEY B LIEK "LOL K LET ME COMBO YOU HERE, DON'T TRY TO GET OUT OF IT"

LIEK SRSLY MAN

WTF

STPO BEING A TRUL

JUST BCUASE EWW2KING SAYS COMBOS DON'T EXIST DOSTN MEN ITS ENTRIELY TRUE

EWW2KING JUST SAY DAT BECASUE HE IS A PEANUT BUTERR

idea

Smash Master
Since I'm not very good at finding events that happen soon, can someone PM me or something? Or just post it on this thread? Whether it's SSBB or SSBM, I'm willing to play! ^^

Thanks a lot!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137317

u of t thread/downtown. there's a map in there. and...we're less likely to have ACTUAL pros go to events hosted here, but still, they've come a few times now and the rest of us have probably gotten somewhat good from that =P i don't think we have a set time for the next one yet, but...soon.

and no, you don't need to go to u of t to go to those. i go to york. which for some reason gave me no midterms =)

hmm...maybe i should tell that other guy too, ageman20x or something. although i should really stop inviting people over to steve's place...

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
*Looked at Ageman's homepage* OMG A MEGAMAN FAN! UR MY NEW BEST FRIEND XD

but yea its POSSIBLE like 50/50 chance than i can provide a ride there and bring 5 ppl with me to montreal. post if ur interested so i can get a look at names

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
*Looked at Ageman's homepage* OMG A MEGAMAN FAN! UR MY NEW BEST FRIEND XD
but yea its POSSIBLE like 50/50 chance than i can provide a ride there and bring 5 ppl with me to montreal. post if ur interested so i can get a look at names
Haha, yes I am. Probably one of the biggest fans you'll ever know. Lol. I like new best friends! :lick:

Where in the city are you? Major intersections please xD
And I live at Yonge & Eglinton - you?

EDIT:
I have a idea that I've been toying with for quite a few days. This forum is awesome and all, but it's huge. I'm seriously considering working on a site (with a forum-like area) specifically for Smash Players in the GTA. You could almost consider it a clan of sorts, but I want the members to be exclusive and I want the site to end up being a place for members to all come and chat with eachother, arrange meetings or WiFi tournaments and whatnot.

The thing is, I want it to be small and of course, private. You'd have to be invited to the "club" and obviously live in the GTA. I'm an advanced coder and I was thinking of adding a feature to the site or forum where you could send TEXT messages to other users (if they have a cell and allow it) making for calling matches between friends easier.

The site/group/clan will be about 20 members - or at least that's what I'm hoping for. These members would regularly meet up for chat and discussion via a chat room I'd create for members and the goal of keeping it small is that this way, we could ALL be in eachother's Brawl Friends List and that would make sure there's always a good chance that someone else will be on.

Having a tight circle of GTA Smashers would mean that we'd know eachother well enough (over time) to possibly meet up in person (comfortably) and have tiny little Brawl Fests. Maybe we could take turns hosting (I have a fairly nice place with a huge TV) etc.

So yeah, it's still up in my head right now and I've done huge projects like this before on tight schedules (check my sig and browse the site for a few examples). I'd make the site almost like a second home.

I want to know if there would be any interest though. What do you guys think? Would that be a good idea? Would you enjoy that?

Also note that because it'll be a small community, suggestions and whatnot for site content and functionality would be easily expanded upon by me (and perhaps others).

So yeah, what do you guys think?

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
]Finch and Pharmacy >_>
See my post on the previous page (my EDIT is in green) or below...

EDIT:
I have a idea that I've been toying with for quite a few days. This forum is awesome and all, but it's huge. I'm seriously considering working on a site (with a forum-like area) specifically for Smash Players in the GTA. You could almost consider it a clan of sorts, but I want the members to be exclusive and I want the site to end up being a place for members to all come and chat with eachother, arrange meetings or WiFi tournaments and whatnot.

The thing is, I want it to be small and of course, private. You'd have to be invited to the "club" and obviously live in the GTA. I'm an advanced coder and I was thinking of adding a feature to the site or forum where you could send TEXT messages to other users (if they have a cell and allow it) making for calling matches between friends easier.

The site/group/clan will be about 20 members - or at least that's what I'm hoping for. These members would regularly meet up for chat and discussion via a chat room I'd create for members and the goal of keeping it small is that this way, we could ALL be in eachother's Brawl Friends List and that would make sure there's always a good chance that someone else will be on.

Having a tight circle of GTA Smashers would mean that we'd know eachother well enough (over time) to possibly meet up in person (comfortably) and have tiny little Brawl Fests. Maybe we could take turns hosting (I have a fairly nice place with a huge TV) etc.

So yeah, it's still up in my head right now and I've done huge projects like this before on tight schedules (check my sig and browse the site for a few examples). I'd make the site almost like a second home.

I want to know if there would be any interest though. What do you guys think? Would that be a good idea? Would you enjoy that?

Also note that because it'll be a small community, suggestions and whatnot for site content and functionality would be easily expanded upon by me (and perhaps others).

So yeah, what do you guys think?

T

Trollmo

Hay Db I Mm U For 5 Intarnetz

Why The **** Does Smashbroads Have Spellcheck Naw?

Omfg

LOL WTF HAPPENED IT ATE MY CAPS?!?!? LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
lolol db i'll mm you wit my fux vs ur falcon because it's decent i guess
$0.25 cuz i can't afford any intarnets =/ sry

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: ageman we don't need a separate site.
You don't. I'm sure you're totally okay with meeting people online you know nothing about or sharing your address and other personal information with the entire internet. For everyone else, I'm sure they can speak for themselves. You just wont need an invite then, lol.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
ageman - add me on msn "shadowmaster_420@hotmail.com" its a pretty good idea but what we have here is fine lol, I wouldnt mind going for it but everyone comes here anyway and checks up neway

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You don't. I'm sure you're totally okay with meeting people online you know nothing about or sharing your address and other personal information with the entire internet. For everyone else, I'm sure they can speak for themselves. You just wont need an invite then, lol.

1. Who the hell are you? You haven't even entered the community yet and you're somehow talking about it like you have a clue?

2. Creating a separate forum/site has already been thought of and tried at least 3 times here before and it hasn't really worked any of those times.

3. The toronto smash community is already a close community/network where mostly everyone knows each other. Total strangers (gasp) that know nothing about each other have interacted here!
AND THIS PART IS SERIOUS... I hear rumours they might be sharing their personal information with each other.... and the entire internet! :psycho:

Learn your community noob.
You join our club.
We don't join your club.

D.B

Smash Ace
lolol db i'll mm you wit my fux vs ur falcon because it's decent i guess
$0.25 cuz i can't afford any intarnets =/ sry
Brawl or melee?o_O

Like nate already said you're new you haven't even been to a single smashfest so you can't possibly have a clue what you're talking about. I suspect that making a site was some pitiful attempt to try and gain some respect from people.

Go back to practicing how to wavedash or something.

Top Bottom