• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
okay smashboards, i hope you can explain what just happened to me.

i just jacked off into a napkin. okay, fine, that's normal, that's what i usually do before i go to sleep.

only along with the usual globs of semen came a few carcasses of dead ants and a significant amount of blood.

i'm not going to be able to sleep the rest of the night. where the fuck did those ants come from?

MDK00

Smash Ace

i just jacked off into a napkin. okay, fine, that's normal, that's what i usually do before i go to sleep.

only along with the usual globs of semen came a few carcasses of dead ants and a significant amount of blood.

i'm not going to be able to sleep the rest of the night. where the fuck did those ants come from?
okay wtf man? wtf...

i cant post here knowin ppl like this post in the same thread as me =S

Sanu

Smash Champion
okay wtf man? wtf...

i cant post here knowin ppl like this post in the same thread as me =S
Oh, a sensitive one, are we? Be thankful you were spared from the dreaded ass-pube net.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman

hahahahaha!! XD
no need for the napkin the ants'll clean up the mess for ya

edit: oops they're dead .... then it's a serious matter

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
are you going to actually argue that brawl has a major technical requirement?

so far its useful techs look like
1) perfect shield (in melee called powershield, now much easier to do)
2) shield-cancel
3) sliding u-smash (the dash attack --> u-smash cancel)
4) the b-moves momentum crap

if you play lucas, you need to learn the jump glitches too i guess. oh, and sweetspotting with the few characters who don't auto-sweetspot so basically zelda and sheik.

so, yeah.

and you really don't need to mindgame when you're being comboed. i'm pretty damn sure the best option when you're hit is to just di away from the hit and then randomly choose between air-dodge, an attack (preferrably one with priority and speed so you get it out), and nothing and just do rock/paper/scissors. if they attack you immediately, expecting nothing, air-dodge and attack beats it. if they wait for the dodge, nothing and attack beat that. if they wait for attack, nothing and air-dodge beats it. and that doesn't take into consideration that the air-control system and lowered momentum when you jump from dash makes just diing to avoid the hit easier. mindgames when comboed? pfft. fuck that shit.

that leaves the basic gameplay for mental aspect, the push and pull as some like to call it, when people look for slip-ups and holes in their approach/defense. but even this is reduced because of a combination of lower speed, tripping (who needs to see their opponent's gameplay patterns when they randomly fall down?), and the emphasized defensive play. emphasized defense weakens severity of mental game because of how much harder it is to punish defense. assuming you're in a spam war, the reward you get for landing a projectile (projectiles were weakened, remember?) is maybe 5%-10%. that's awesome. but also leaves them much time to regroup and continue spamming back. how can you argue that you need a mental aspect when you have time to think EVERYTHING THROUGH and even then due to the rock/paper/scissors nature of smash your plan can still be foiled by someone who just opts "random" every time?

on that note, brawl's punishment game is ridiculously small and weak and non-existent. you get away with much more per stock. mistakes don't equate to lives or even much damage.

but it's not hopeless... grmo exaggerates (on some things). we will still get better at this game and new stuff will be discovered that will help even FURTHER power defensive play and perhaps some characters will be able to break through the currently-dominant hyper-conservative gameplay later on. it's a possibility. but he's definitely right about some things. technical skill at the moment is more or less dead. and mental demands are much, much smaller.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ALERT THE MEDIAS

GAW BEATS CAMPING BECAUSE HIS FAIR AND BAIR GO THROUGH EVERYTHING

HOLY SHIT DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?

WE'RE UP TO THREE CHARACTERS THAT CAN BEAT CAMPING.

HOLY MODFUCK EXPLOSION

is this secretly why alphameric thinks brawl is epic :O

Sanu

Smash Champion
If anyone wants to play 3rd strike online with me, add me on msn:

joshuzi
at
hotmail
dot
com

If you need it, I'll set you up with the emulator and rom and such. =D

worldjem7

Smash Ace
ALERT THE MEDIAS

GAW BEATS CAMPING BECAUSE HIS FAIR AND BAIR GO THROUGH EVERYTHING

HOLY SHIT DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?

WE'RE UP TO THREE CHARACTERS THAT CAN BEAT CAMPING.

HOLY MODFUCK EXPLOSION

is this secretly why alphameric thinks brawl is epic :O
Three? Who are the other two?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
ITT: Anthony needs to step up his game.

Anyone's house free on Friday in GTA region for me to come over and step up my game? I kinda need to improve my DI again and work on the basic effective crap that everyone is slaughtering me with.

I don't want to have to rely on counterpicks to get somewhere unless I counter myself with Mewtwo =_=

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
Anthony when are you heading back to the loo? its too bad i have exams otherwise we could play just like old times.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
jaff come by gaymurz dis frydai. Too lazy to sign on MSN. Melee or Brawl? I can bring GCN. If Matt wants to bring his Wii then we can play Brawl.

Also, Wes you better show up to the next tournament @ David's. We need friendlies. I heard Kingsley plays now. You guys still rep Melee? or Brawl only?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
jaff come by gaymurz dis frydai. Too lazy to sign on MSN. Melee or Brawl? I can bring GCN. If Matt wants to bring his Wii then we can play Brawl.
coolie

Um, I'd say Melee because I think I might have to get unrusty by Saturday and you probably don't want to play it :p. Iunno about Philip though.

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
TyrantWolf/Adnan?(sorry if im mistaken): sure thing, but you'll have to come find me, i dont think we've met :/. I enjoying playing both (i just recently got back into melee, thanks to Josh) but Kings hasnt play melee in a while, he's pretty good at brawl tho.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
WTF IS WRONG WITH THE BOARDS.

Its either someone has replaced our typed words with other words, or my cpu is hacked - which I doubt. Does anyone see the weird random words in some people's posts? When I try to edit the weird words out of my own, they appear to be the ones I originally typed in the edit screen. When I post them they get skewed for some reason...

Top Bottom