• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

X

xefe

brawl boards + idiots + flame wars = lololol
and because i've been banned 50 times for nothing YAY ! lol i just stoped playing video games, smash was getting a little to kiddy for me, so i took a break and just went back to fps games lol

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anyone know whytf smashboards is being so wang? Like, I can't load it, practically ever. It's as if the site's bandwidth is being pushed over the edge. I think they need another server
>_>
It's not bandwidth errors. The problem is the server is being overloaded for some reason. The source of this info is official.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
It's not bandwidth errors. The problem is the server is being overloaded for some reason. The source of this info is official.
Thanks... I would do some more research but I don't imagine it would do much good =/

But I just think that it is directly related to the boards. When I come on this late (it's 1:23 in the morning) it's very easy to navigate the boards. Needless to say, most active members of the boards are asleep right now, so there's not much activity. It's in the daylight hours that things get really bad, particularly mid-afternoon to evening (but maybe that's just me). It's possible that too many people are using the boards, I dunno. Hopefully they sort it out soon though, because this is getting really tiresome.

BTW Matt, when is this thing? Because there's a smashfest already planned for my house tomorrow >_>

er, I should say today. Desh is coming in 8.5 hours...OH **** I NEED TO SLEEP.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol @ the brawl ****.

Sounds pretty reliable, haha. I kid. Maybe the store itself is going to see copies of the game @ March 1st.

Honestly guys, there is ONE thing that would win my soul to converting 100% to Brawl. Like I mean I wouldn't even listen to reason. That is:

If Crono becomes a character. Omg! Crono from Chrono Trigger would be teh sex.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
This maybe like... late in the morning but WTF I thought Noah's set against Daniel was lost forever (Caketown finals). LOL @ TAI. What a champ, I don't remember him telling anyone that he uploaded vids.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=scntillatedseed

Remember some of that ****, David? :]. I remember I was supposed to be at that smashfest, but I ended up going to Jamal's where you know, other good people would come by (LOL David, was it like the week after that smashfest you came to Jamal's or after?). Hahahaha good times.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just download the *** version that comes out next week ;) Ill see you online if you do.\

lol wtf it blanks out the word J A P

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just a random thought but if Max and I were to run a smash tournament in St.Catharines would the GTA be interested in coming down? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and would like to get it underway about march-ish? Hosting is pretty good as Max and I live literally around the block from eachother (no more than a 2 minute walk)

If there isn't any interest than were not gunna bother using our time to organize it. I was thinking of renting out rooms in the church I go to. They haven't given me a quote yet but if the price is right I will go ahead and start arranging it.

The turnout would also be quite big too, last smashfest we had 40+ people registered. Never mind the GH players that came too.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I hope we don't put you down or anything, but probably not. I mean, I agree with most of the GTA when they talk about the distastefulness of traveling to just Mississauga via subway/public transit. If it's like a big deal and a big place, and I do happen to find a good route to getting there through say... GO bus then I'd definately do it, but some people within the community wouldn't exactly like to bus to St-Catherine's. I wouldn't mind busing, but I got my good friend Josh on my side :] *pats Josh*

Also good ****ing **** Josh, you know what I'm talking about!

EDIT: I speak for myself, lol.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Just a random thought but if Max and I were to run a smash tournament in St.Catharines would the GTA be interested in coming down? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and would like to get it underway about march-ish? Hosting is pretty good as Max and I live literally around the block from eachother (no more than a 2 minute walk)

If there isn't any interest than were not gunna bother using our time to organize it. I was thinking of renting out rooms in the church I go to. They haven't given me a quote yet but if the price is right I will go ahead and start arranging it.

The turnout would also be quite big too, last smashfest we had 40+ people registered. Never mind the GH players that came too.
I would go.
I cant speak for anyone else though.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord

I'd go maybe.

Assuming brawl hasn't taken over by then and the community dissolved into hardcore *****ing over who's truly top tier.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
Great, I think I might make a UofT thread on here separately just for things related to downtown smash (cus Sauga is just so far away >___<).

Vwins

Smash Ace
ok guys since Brawl is delay for march and that the majority of toronto and ottawa can't come to SFF3. I decided to changed the date of my tournament. I want to know what would be the best date for you guys between february 23rd and march 1th. It would be great if we could have a last tournament with a lot of ontario representation.

D

Deleted member

Great, I think I might make a UofT thread on here separately just for things related to downtown smash (cus Sauga is just so far away >___<).
nate and i will play with you. i'm a future st george student, and sauga licks balls.

let's be friends? ^__^

we're at coxwell / main subway station, you guys?

Grmo

Smash Champion
ok guys since Brawl is delay for march and that the majority of toronto and ottawa can't come to SFF3. I decided to changed the date of my tournament. I want to know what would be the best date for you guys between february 23rd and march 1th. It would be great if we could have a last tournament with a lot of ontario representation.
I would say March 1st, seeing as I'm hosting a pretty big tournament on February 16th, and 2 big tournaments right in a row is sort of awkward. Plus, March 1st is 8 days before Brawl comes out. =D

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Replies should be posted on the SFF3 thread. So post there with that shiiit. Who's down to go to that? We can get housed there too so speak up.

Tzunami

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a challenge for a crew battle
Lol, once people start coming downtown for university, downtown may very well become one of the stronger regions of Toronto with time :laugh: .

**Btw, we're around Dundas and Spadina as of this year, though our location will change 100% as of the end of the school year.

***edit: We might be having a crew battle with scarborough on Sunday just for fun though :). I'll be sure to post how badly we get owned :ohwell: .

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Reasons SSBM Players make good boyfriends

1. We have fast fingers.
2. We are adept at pressing multiple buttons in quick succession.
3. We know how to abuse priority and range for best results.
4. When you think we're gone, we use a special move and miraculously recover, then we keep on going.
5. We can read how you move, predict, and then adjust ourselves accordingly.
6. We have amazing spacing.
7. We can stay up for nights at a time moving the joy sticks.
8. We can tech chase so no matter where you roll, we'll keep coming.
9. Even though we stick our controllers in multiple ports, we always keep it in good condition.
10. We enjoy playing doubles and we like using team combos.
11. We can infinite combo you off of a wall.
12. We have unlockables. The better you preform, the more secrets you unlock.
13. We have different styles: Control or aggro.
14. We can mind game people into being where we want, then take advantage of them.
15. We use items if we want to have fun.
16. We know how to reduce the lag from our moves and decrease cool down time.
17. We can sweet spot our moves.
18. We abuse grabs.
19. We know how to move on the stage, in the air, and even below the stage.
20. Even though we did it a lot of times and it's only your first time, we'll sand bag so you can learn how to play also <3

Grmo

Smash Champion
That list just gets better and better.

Here was my original post:

HGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUIFLZCY3904444444444444444444447NTC9034CCCCCCCCCCCCOELSGHDFJK.LAHDFLAKS.SDFLPOLPOLPOLOOLOLOLFLAMO

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
1. We have fast fingers.
4. When you think we're gone, we use a special move and miraculously recover, then we keep on going.
9. Even though we stick our controllers in multiple ports, we always keep it in good condition.
14. We can mind game people into being where we want, then take advantage of them.
18. We abuse grabs.
20. Even though we did it a lot of times and it's only your first time, we'll sand bag so you can learn how to play also <3
jeff you are ****ing KING

I.B

Smash Lord
1. We have fast fingers.
18. We abuse grabs.
kso, this list reeks of epic win.:chuckle:

Top Bottom